Dear Members,

Can you please let me know will be a wise decision to book a flat on top floor of a 23 floor building. Kindly give your valuable advice and suggestions.
Read more
Reply
12 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Have u bought the roof rights , along with the top floor ?

    It adds to the exclusivity to yr. apartment , as an investor & is good additional space ,as an end user, though one cannot have a permanent structure on the roof .

    Originally Posted by jorbecains
    Dear Members,

    Can you please let me know will be a wise decision to book a flat on top floor of a 23 floor building. Kindly give your valuable advice and suggestions.
    CommentQuote
  • avoid top floor, difficult to sell
    CommentQuote
  • Do not agree with u there , Venky.

    If its a mid rise , i believe , the best floor to invest in & for the end user, would be the top floor , along with the terrace rights.


    Originally Posted by Venkytalks
    avoid top floor, difficult to sell
    CommentQuote
  • i have few weeks of experience of living at top floot , though in low rise..it would be abnormally hot in summers
    CommentQuote
  • but did u not enjoy the terrace , after 8/9 .00 PM , maybe for a drink or a beer . What about Winters ? 3 to 4 months on the terrace should be pure bliss.

    There r ways to beat the heat.

    Originally Posted by Arihant1
    i have few weeks of experience of living at top floot , though in low rise..it would be abnormally hot in summers
    CommentQuote
  • it is good to have a balance or moderate conditioning of everything...finding yourself at the extreme ends...not cup of my tea!1
    CommentQuote
  • It could be an issue of personal preferences , but i would love the top floor with terrace in a mid rise.
    :bab (48):



    Originally Posted by Arihant1
    it is good to have a balance or moderate conditioning of everything...finding yourself at the extreme ends...not cup of my tea!1
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by MANOJa
    but did u not enjoy the terrace , after 8/9 .00 PM , maybe for a drink or a beer . What about Winters ? 3 to 4 months on the terrace should be pure bliss.

    There r ways to beat the heat.



    Top floor in a low rise(G+2) is better than 1st floor....reason being during summers there will be little difference b/w Top & 1sr floor....but during nights top floor will get cooler easily.........personally experienced top floor in G+4
    CommentQuote
  • If heat is the problem on top floor then why penthouses are in demand and expensive.?
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by MANOJa
    but did u not enjoy the terrace , after 8/9 .00 PM , maybe for a drink or a beer . What about Winters ? 3 to 4 months on the terrace should be pure bliss.

    There r ways to beat the heat.


    Every sq. ft matters, when property is getting so expensive. Additional roof rights are welcome addition, and is one crucial reason why some prefer independent houses, since they offer terrace- you can use terrace for so many purposes- private party/ bar/ recreation/ or just star gazing:D

    Heat is non issue these days....go for terace rights, I bought a flat in Malviya nagar some time back without terace rights and still repenting
    CommentQuote
  • I agree to u all - vishalsharma, drrastogi731 & raumybhan.

    An apartment with terrace rights would be always better as an investment & for self use too , especially for a mid rise.


    Originally Posted by raumybhan
    Every sq. ft matters, when property is getting so expensive. Additional roof rights are welcome addition, and is one crucial reason why some prefer independent houses, since they offer terrace- you can use terrace for so many purposes- private party/ bar/ recreation/ or just star gazing:D

    Heat is non issue these days....go for terace rights, I bought a flat in Malviya nagar some time back without terace rights and still repenting
    CommentQuote
  • I want to buy a top floor flat in 22 Storey tower but bit worried about heat during summer.

    Will good quality 'false ceiling' bring down heat a little bit during summer ?


    CommentQuote
    1 Comments
    • manujmohla11 months ago
      i have lived on top floor 17th floor for good 7 years. Hardly any difference in heat compared to lower floors.

      You can get sun ban reflective glassed that help.