Hi all,
I want to highlight this in this thread that there are not enough 2 BHK's in GGN. All the new projects which are comoing up in GGN are mostly 1000 SQFT+.
Why so?? I never understood. Imagine the demand which is sitting in the vicinity. If guilders start launching 2 bhk with area of 800SQFT they I really the projects will be sold like hot cakes and they could charge premium as well.

A 800 sqft flat 4000/- will ccost rs. 32 lacs. (say all charges included):)

But at same time a 1250 Sqft 3500 will cost 44 lacs (say all chargs included):bab (6):

So builder can make more flats with 800Sqft and earn more in margins. A win win for both user and builder.:D

Imagine Mumbai where 1-2 BHK are only popular. Hardly you find 3-4-5 BHK.

It the mathimatics same or some other angle to it. If any one can explain...
Views invited...
Read more
18 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Units under 1000 sqft are very small even for small nuclear family.
    All newprojects come with some 2 BR units.

On your question, more smaller units mean more apartments per floor that effects project's reputation. This is the reason for 2BR+SQ units with (1200-1500) SQFT still available but limited inventory of these units.

Vipul, I saw some projects with smaller units in difficult economy but now with hot market specially in gurgaon it is hard to have these projects.
    You may find Noida or Faridabad with some projects.

Makes sense ?
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by vipul.jindal
    Hi all,
    I want to highlight this in this thread that there are not enough 2 BHK's in GGN. All the new projects which are comoing up in GGN are mostly 1000 SQFT+.
    Why so?? I never understood. Imagine the demand which is sitting in the vicinity. If guilders start launching 2 bhk with area of 800SQFT they I really the projects will be sold like hot cakes and they could charge premium as well.

A 800 sqft flat 4000/- will ccost rs. 32 lacs. (say all charges included):)

But at same time a 1250 Sqft 3500 will cost 44 lacs (say all chargs included):bab (6):

So builder can make more flats with 800Sqft and earn more in margins. A win win for both user and builder.:D

Imagine Mumbai where 1-2 BHK are only popular. Hardly you find 3-4-5 BHK.

It the mathimatics same or some other angle to it. If any one can explain...
    Views invited...

well land is very expensive , construction cost has gone v high . not a viable project in main gurgaon , may b manesar .
    and another reason is if the builder is selling at 6000 psf . it is very tough to sell an 800 sq ft flat for 48 lacs , whereas 2000 sqft appts for 1.2 cr will sell lik hot cakes .
    CommentQuote
  • 2 bhk with more 1000 sq ft are still there. But 1 bhk in ggn is now thing of past. I've heard that most of our netas used to get 1bhk as a gift from builders and that's the another reason, builders are not making smaller unites.
    CommentQuote
  • 1000+

A decent nuclear family could easily adjust in a 2bhk 1000 sft. If me and my spouse are working and not planning (for that matter planning one kid) for next 5 years, in that case 3 bhk is totally useless for me. why will i pay 15 lack extra in cost and 15L * 0.08 = 120 K extra as interest in Loan per year for the thing i am not using.

Most of the projects have status "2bhk soldout completely"..

ishan: BUddy not sure that 2000 sft 1.2 cr will sell like hot cake or not as i never imagined that..
    CommentQuote
  • Yes, 1000 sqft is generally fine for young couple w/o children. As in India, nuclear family is generally 2+2, 1000 sqft is good starting area.
    We do have projects with 2 BR units generally (1000-1400 sqft) area but really sold out.
    In my opinion Gurgaon is becoming premier market for upper middle class so there is generally projects with more than 1400 sqft area
    CommentQuote
  • Premier market

Originally Posted by AmitGGN
    Yes, 1000 sqft is generally fine for young couple w/o children. As in India, nuclear family is generally 2+2, 1000 sqft is good starting area.
    We do have projects with 2 BR units generally (1000-1400 sqft) area but really sold out.
    In my opinion Gurgaon is becoming premier market for upper middle class so there is generally projects with more than 1400 sqft area

I am sure brokers and builders are driving the market to 1500 + area, but i would contradict that ggn is becoming the premier market for upper middle class as still the 2bhk less than 1300 will be much more in number that 1500 + and their demand is quite high. Middle class will always outnumber the upper middle class.

though this is a very interesting topic to discuss.. thanks that we have such a forum:bab (4):
    CommentQuote
  • valid point all, just may take has two point swhich should be considered

1. the loading- 1000 sq ft will give you about 700 usuable space which i think is a tard small ( ggn is still not mumbai)

2. most of us do not buy house every 5 years ( at least not yet :))

so my own opinion is if( budget permits) go for a 1400-1500 3 bhk . your requirements would be amply met for a long time( family, extended family, guests)

for 2 bhk opt for atleast 1150-1200 sizes. at least that would not be cramped.

yes we do need more 2 bhks and even studio appts for that matter..

Originally Posted by richhaah
    A decent nuclear family could easily adjust in a 2bhk 1000 sft. If me and my spouse are working and not planning (for that matter planning one kid) for next 5 years, in that case 3 bhk is totally useless for me. why will i pay 15 lack extra in cost and 15L * 0.08 = 120 K extra as interest in Loan per year for the thing i am not using.

Most of the projects have status "2bhk soldout completely"..

ishan: BUddy not sure that 2000 sft 1.2 cr will sell like hot cake or not as i never imagined that..
    CommentQuote
  • I understand that Bestech , Sector 81 would have 1 BHK's in the 2nd Phase of the launch .

Originally Posted by guesswho
    2 bhk with more 1000 sq ft are still there. But 1 bhk in ggn is now thing of past. I've heard that most of our netas used to get 1bhk as a gift from builders and that's the another reason, builders are not making smaller unites.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by AmitMM
    valid point all, just may take has two point swhich should be considered

1. the loading- 1000 sq ft will give you about 700 usuable space which i think is a tard small ( ggn is still not mumbai)

so my own opinion is if( budget permits) go for a 1400-1500 3 bhk . your requirements would be amply met for a long time( family, extended family, guests)

Its true that a 2bhk should be of 1000+ to live easily and they are scarce in ggn.
    IT was never said that ppl change house every 5 years :) . I think rationally and i wont give my whole life giving EMI's. I will upgrade once after 5-10 years and thats all..
    CommentQuote

The main issue is loading... The carpet area in most of the cases is less than 70%... which makes even costlier to live... The lack of transparency is very bad...

When we bought the apartment in Delhi I was given 1350sqft super area for 3 bhk.... The flat was in raw condition so we went for marble flooring and I was amazed by the fact 1260 sqft marble was used in house and it didnt included the kitchen and toilets.... subtracting some acarting on wall approx 150 sqft still carpet area of flat was 1200 + sqft which makes space for decent 3 BHK ..

But in 1350 sqft in Gurgaon you would only get about 900 sqft which is not good at all for 3 BHK...

So if the builder say 1200 sqft Flat it is actually a 800 sqft flat only....
    CommentQuote

true..
    for end users, buying house is a once in lifetime decision.. better to buy foresighting your future needs as well and live comfortably... agree completely with above
    CommentQuote
  • In noida there are 1bhk & 2 bhk flats of sizes less then 1000 sqft

in gurgaon the density of flats is very low as per government rules so average area of the flats is high so builders can't have many 2bhk flats
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by gautamjain
    In noida there are 1bhk & 2 bhk flats of sizes less then 1000 sqft

in gurgaon the density of flats is very low as per government rules so average area of the flats is high so builders can't have many 2bhk flats

Hi all,
    I expected some more opinion on this.
    However, this effectively means govt norms/HUDA want the societies to have more of 3 BHK's or in turn wants people to shell out more from their pocket.
    I will not completely agree, but this policy is good for builders not for end user. How could govt make such a policy. People please comment on this.

Imagine a individual who earns 25-30K PM he cant even think to spend 35-40 Lacs even for end use, forget investment.
    So a 25 lacs makes a good sense.

Also a 1000sqft unit with 70% loading is still OK for me if its a nuclear family of 4. No complaints. It will solve all purpose. :)
    Also the segmentation of GGN in general constitutes more of upperclass, who can afford a 50-70Lac unit
    But equal no of IT, BPO, Manufacturing and banking unit population cant afford to spend beyond 35 lacs for end use.

I really expect that unlike Bombay where land is less, GGN Govt should really think about the bottom of pyramid population. Once it clicks it has got immense possibilites.
    Need more opinion on this.
    CommentQuote
  • I expected some more opinion on this.

So a 25 lacs makes a good sense.

I really expect that unlike Bombay where land is less, GGN Govt should really think about the bottom of pyramid population. Once it clicks it has got immense possibilites.
    Need more opinion on this.

ALL VALID POINTS.( make perfect sense too) but i dont think the policy /builder mind set changes are going to happen any time soon. as much as we want it i dont see sub 1000 flats coming to gurgaon.. too bad end users( i always say you are never the priority though its you who eventually stays..)
    CommentQuote
  • Why its tougher to sell a smaller flat ?

GURGAON: If you were of the belief that selling a luxury or high-end housing unit is more difficult than a middle-income flat in the price range of, say, Rs 30-50 lakh, think again.

According to experts, the primary reason behind this are factors like monthly income, the eligibility and prevailing lending rates on which middle-income buyers are dependent.

On the other hand, as a norm, buyers of premium or luxury housing, those in the bracket of Rs 3 crore and above, tend to be insulated from such considerations by virtue of their existing net worth, explained Santhosh Kumar, CEO-Operations, Jones Lang LaSalle India.

According to market insiders, thought there is a market for both the price brackets, a limited supply of the premium housing units makes them a favourite among buyers.

Investors want to buy something that is limited so that once it is all sold by the builder, then there is a large premium for them in the market, said Sanjay Sharma, managing director, QuBREX.

However, huge projects like Unitech Grande did not (and do not) do well in the market as they are massive projects where investors cannot see the builder exhausting its supply, and this makes it a bad option for the resale market, added Sharma.

The third factor, according to analysts, is that the luxury segment tries to distinguish its products among each other, and hence there is not a simple substitution option for them. In the lower budget homes, there are a lot of similar options from builder to builder in many locations, and with many viable alternatives that a certain single option cannot capture the market. This brings in factors of supply and demand, said Sharma.

Last but not the least, location plays a major role in placing a product on the demand-supply list.

In a place like Gurgaon, land is very expensive. So it is not easy to offer a good location for Rs 30-40 lakh, whereas the premium luxury options can offer much better

locations. So, it is harder to draw people to comparatively poorer locations especially if they are end users, compared to drawing end-users / investors to relatively better locations, said Vikas Arora, of Gauransh Associates, and an ex-employee with several top developers in the NCR.

Nevertheless, selling mid-income housing is easier than high-end or luxury homes since a larger base of the population falls in the bracket.

Sale velocity is higher and the sale cycles are shorter as mid-income housing projects usually sell with 3-4 months of their launch. In comparison, high-end apartments and luxury homes often take more than six months to sell, said Kumar.

A DLF spokesperson added: There are four factors which drive any product in the real estate market location, the product itself, competitive rates and credibility of the builder. If all are in place, from the end-users point of view, there is no difference between the middle-income housing or luxury apartments. All our products are launched after a through survey of the prevailing markets and most projects sell within hours of their launch.
    CommentQuote