I understand the risks you have investing in small & medium size builders compared to the big ones like Unitech, DLF , etc.
I am keen to learn from the seniors on this forum is that once you get the possession, is there any difference in the rental values an apartment will command whether it is from a reputed builder or from a lesser known one? Assuming they have approx similar locations and build quality.

I am interested in buying 1-2 apartments in Gurgaon. I am primarily looking to hold them so that they can provide me some rental income down the line, say from 3-4 yrs from now.

As I think that projects from bigger builders are too expensive (my budget for each apartment is from 50-60 lacs). I am looking to buy from smaller or medium size builders. I am assuming that once the properties are build the rental value will not be much different in comparision with the properties from the bigger one (assuming other factors like location and build quality are same).

Please comment.
Read more
3 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Pls comment

Seniors on this forum, plsssssssssssssssss comment
    CommentQuote
  • dont buy any thng in ggn now . particuary from small builders. buy in rohini or dwarka. ggn is a risky proposition. u may loose ur money as well as night sleep if it u r stuck in a project.
    CommentQuote
  • builder name/reputation does make a difference in rentals but that is more pronounced in high end appts.
    for appts in 50-60 l range i dont thinkit would make much difference if location/facilities remain equal.
    but dont make rent a criterion as the rental yield in gurgaon is not more than 3- 3.5% currently.

Originally Posted by puneet420
    I understand the risks you have investing in small & medium size builders compared to the big ones like Unitech, DLF , etc.
    I am keen to learn from the seniors on this forum is that once you get the possession, is there any difference in the rental values an apartment will command whether it is from a reputed builder or from a lesser known one? Assuming they have approx similar locations and build quality.

I am interested in buying 1-2 apartments in Gurgaon. I am primarily looking to hold them so that they can provide me some rental income down the line, say from 3-4 yrs from now.

As I think that projects from bigger builders are too expensive (my budget for each apartment is from 50-60 lacs). I am looking to buy from smaller or medium size builders. I am assuming that once the properties are build the rental value will not be much different in comparision with the properties from the bigger one (assuming other factors like location and build quality are same).

Please comment.
    CommentQuote