Hi, Are there any users who have floors in N block mayfield garden sec 51 gurgaon , Today luxotica extension is project name. There is no construction happening fir last 6 months and Today homes and Infratsructure is doing nothing about it. I am trying to make a group of similar people so that we can talk to Today group. Please respond and be in touch.
Thanks
Deepak
Read more
20 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Re : Today Luxotica Extension Mayfield Garden N Block

Hello Deepak,

I have also booked one floor at N block mayfield garden sec 51 gurgaon, i made the last payment in dec2009. After that Today homes didn't asked for any payment and there is no construction going on there.
    every time when i call their ofice, they say they have some isues with the contractor and it will start in next 10 days.

If u have found some other members then we can togather talk to them.

Regards
    Jitin
    CommentQuote
  • how much have u booked for and when
    Originally Posted by jkharbanda
    Hello Deepak,

I have also booked one floor at N block mayfield garden sec 51 gurgaon, i made the last payment in dec2009. After that Today homes didn't asked for any payment and there is no construction going on there.
    every time when i call their ofice, they say they have some isues with the contractor and it will start in next 10 days.

If u have found some other members then we can togather talk to them.

Regards
    Jitin
    CommentQuote
  • CommentQuote
  • Hi Manoj

I completely agree with you but do you know any good builders in north india. I believe all the builders are doing this.
    Unitech, DLF, vatika are no good too. None of the vatika projects ever completed in time.
    Unitech is delaying projects too and so is DLF.
    I am not saying Today is good. Just trying to pacify myself as i habve invested my hard earned money in this project and can do nothing now, just wait and put pressure on the builder.

your comments are welcome.

Regards
    Deepak
    CommentQuote
  • All Builders r chors, but we need to choose the lessor chors here .

Since, u have already invested here, best of luck .
    CommentQuote
  • Deepak, Today is very unprofessional group.

Have you visited their CP office? Maybe you do that and speak to the marketing head. Maybe you can get more details from him.
    CommentQuote
  • Luxotica extension N Block Mayfield Garden

Hi All,

I have also booked house in luxotica extension in April'09. I think,we should plan a meeting in Mayfield garden on any Sunday to discus plan for making pressure on M/S.Today Homes.

Regards

Dhirendra Sachan
    CommentQuote
  • Hi,

You are right Mr. Dhirendra. We should plan to meet and plan for further action.

All are requested to mention their nos.

Regards,
    Satyan Goel
    CommentQuote
  • Reply from Today Homes - Sector 51 Luxotica Extension

Dear All,

I have been in touch with Ms Anjana Sharma, Dy Manager Markering Today Homes and Mr Hitendera, Mr Ali and Mr Shukla from Today homes. As of yesterday all of them have been maintaining that they would be able to handover the project by July 2012 but cannot take any guarantee of the same. further as far as penality clause is concerned they will consider the same at the later stage (at the time of Possession). I have not heard from them in form of any written communication. In case if any one of you have got any details please do share with me.

I have just got to know about all of you and would like to support everyone's efforts to ensure we maintain this momentum for everyone's benefit.

Rohit Katyal
    CommentQuote
  • Thanks Rohit.
    Just want to add " Together we stand, divided we fall". So lets be together and see if we get what we were told. Quality is also one of the main concerns.
    Regards
    Deepak
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Deepak_P
    Thanks Rohit.
    Just want to add " Together we stand, divided we fall". So lets be together and see if we get what we were told. Quality is also one of the main concerns.
    Regards
    Deepak

Any progress for you guys ...
    CommentQuote
  • Possession of luxotica extension

Hi friends,

By chance I found this forum today and though of sharing my exp with Today Homes .

I have one unit in Luxotica Extn and got the possession of the same in 2012 only. Posession of 12 units are offered in our block ( N 311-316). The construction in remaining 46 units are undertaken by other contractor. Not sure when the company I planning for their possession.

Getting the possession was itself a project and much tougher than booking a unit.

A full day Dharna at builder's CP office and n number of mails/phone calls to R.C.Gupta, Hitender, Anjana, C.E.O.- Mr Gambhir, Joshi, Anuj Goel and many more.

We,unit holders, met at Construction site and decided for a full day Dharna at head office. As a fruit, the possession was offered but after 15 days.

Builder take advantage of customers till the time we are alone. They take the matter seriously when all customers approach the together.

Still some points remained unattended:-

I had booked the unit in July 2009 and no construction happened from Aug 2009 till Feb 2011. As a result the possession is delayed. Neither the builder is paying the late possession panelty charges nor the completion certificate is provided.

Builder has charged 1 Lac as IFMS but he is not providing any maintance in the society as their license has been cancelled. This amount is not been transfered to RWA yet. It is lying in the accounts of builder and he is enjoying the same.

At the offer of possession, builder has charged extra 50k as the external electrification charges. Neither this amount is mentioned in the buyer-seller agreement nor did the builder did any work towards this after the booking of unit. They are simply charging extra amount under miscelllaneous expenses. We had to pay this as possession was getting delay further.

No company appointed supervisor is ready to monitor the quality of work done by contractor. They are simply sitting in AC at site office in Bloosam 2 near Artimis hospital. As a result, customers have to make their own arrangements for repair etc at premises and that too at their own expense. Kind of extra burden on customers.

Surely, we can decide a convenient date and plan to meet on Sunday.

Arvind
    CommentQuote
  • Dear Arvind,
    Thanks for sharing your experience with everyone at the forum. Below is really very SAD.
    1. But can you also share, what was your buying price of below unit in July 2009 and what is the current market price. Want to understand whether you received an appreciation (more than the surrounding projects) by living with below experience??
    2. At what stage did you receive the BBA? What was the delv timeline mentioned on it? And if it did have a penalty clause, then how come Today did not pay any penalty? Or is it that they settled the penalty towards other unexpected charges?
    3. What if you were told that there are many other mid size builders which offer worse problems. Have you heard about Earth. There are builders who run away without delivering any project. Still other who stay and demand payments without bank loan approvals in their projects, still others who increase the super area without increasing the carpet area and ask you to pay more at the time of possession, plus, some like SS Hibiscus who are delivering their projects after 6 years, the list is endless for different builders. Probably you are a genuine end user who has not experienced investing with many other builders. No builder starts construction before 1 yr to 1.5 yr from original launch date.
    For your info only, I used to be a regular repititive customer of Unitech for 10 years. Infact I still possess 3 of their properties (possession taken, valuing 15 Cr) and I faced similar problems with them also, even though they are more reputed builders. Though Unitech's CRM is much better, but they too are far away from gound realities. Their possession is offered in a hopeless state, and once you start living, you realize that the Sewage Leakage is pathetic in nearly all their projects. Plus, i was expecting late delv penalty of Rs 28000 per month for late delivery of project by 1.5 years to 2 years; but to my surprise, all the penalties got settled / equated against some earlier unknown charges which they later tried to justify, at the time of posession. All 3 projects received late, in poor state, and penalties in all of them were settled against balance earlier unknown payments. So guess, if bigger builders like Unitech are like this, then others would also follow suit.

Probably it all boils down to - if you received a higher appreciation than the surrounding areas, to check if such bad experience is compensated handsomely. ((By the way, if I can go back in time, i would still make the same investments with Unitech in the past, as the appreciation was enormous compared to above problems.)).
    Pls share views. Thanks!

Originally Posted by Arvindgoel13
    Hi friends,
    By chance I found this forum today and though of sharing my exp with Today Homes .
    I have one unit in Luxotica Extn and got the possession of the same in 2012 only. Posession of 12 units are offered in our block ( N 311-316). The construction in remaining 46 units are undertaken by other contractor. Not sure when the company I planning for their possession.
    Getting the possession was itself a project and much tougher than booking a unit.
    A full day Dharna at builder's CP office and n number of mails/phone calls to R.C.Gupta, Hitender, Anjana, C.E.O.- Mr Gambhir, Joshi, Anuj Goel and many more.
    We,unit holders, met at Construction site and decided for a full day Dharna at head office. As a fruit, the possession was offered but after 15 days.
    Builder take advantage of customers till the time we are alone. They take the matter seriously when all customers approach the together.
    Still some points remained unattended:-
    I had booked the unit in July 2009 and no construction happened from Aug 2009 till Feb 2011. As a result the possession is delayed. Neither the builder is paying the late possession panelty charges nor the completion certificate is provided.
    Builder has charged 1 Lac as IFMS but he is not providing any maintance in the society as their license has been cancelled. This amount is not been transfered to RWA yet. It is lying in the accounts of builder and he is enjoying the same.
    At the offer of possession, builder has charged extra 50k as the external electrification charges. Neither this amount is mentioned in the buyer-seller agreement nor did the builder did any work towards this after the booking of unit. They are simply charging extra amount under miscelllaneous expenses. We had to pay this as possession was getting delay further.
    No company appointed supervisor is ready to monitor the quality of work done by contractor. They are simply sitting in AC at site office in Bloosam 2 near Artimis hospital. As a result, customers have to make their own arrangements for repair etc at premises and that too at their own expense. Kind of extra burden on customers.
    Surely, we can decide a convenient date and plan to meet on Sunday.
    Arvind
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by FUNLOVING
    Dear Arvind,
    Thanks for sharing your experience with everyone at the forum. Below is really very SAD.
    1. But can you also share, what was your buying price of below unit in July 2009 and what is the current market price. Want to understand whether you received an appreciation (more than the surrounding projects) by living with below experience??
    2. At what stage did you receive the BBA? What was the delv timeline mentioned on it? And if it did have a penalty clause, then how come Today did not pay any penalty? Or is it that they settled the penalty towards other unexpected charges?
    3. What if you were told that there are many other mid size builders which offer worse problems. Have you heard about Earth. There are builders who run away without delivering any project. Still other who stay and demand payments without bank loan approvals in their projects, still others who increase the super area without increasing the carpet area and ask you to pay more at the time of possession, plus, some like SS Hibiscus who are delivering their projects after 6 years, the list is endless for different builders. Probably you are a genuine end user who has not experienced investing with many other builders. No builder starts construction before 1 yr to 1.5 yr from original launch date.
    For your info only, I used to be a regular repititive customer of Unitech for 10 years. Infact I still possess 3 of their properties (possession taken, valuing 15 Cr) and I faced similar problems with them also, even though they are more reputed builders. Though Unitech's CRM is much better, but they too are far away from gound realities. Their possession is offered in a hopeless state, and once you start living, you realize that the Sewage Leakage is pathetic in nearly all their projects. Plus, i was expecting late delv penalty of Rs 28000 per month for late delivery of project by 1.5 years to 2 years; but to my surprise, all the penalties got settled / equated against some earlier unknown charges which they later tried to justify, at the time of posession. All 3 projects received late, in poor state, and penalties in all of them were settled against balance earlier unknown payments. So guess, if bigger builders like Unitech are like this, then others would also follow suit.

Probably it all boils down to - if you received a higher appreciation than the surrounding areas, to check if such bad experience is compensated handsomely. ((By the way, if I can go back in time, i would still make the same investments with Unitech in the past, as the appreciation was enormous compared to above problems.)).
    Pls share views. Thanks!

Only an investor can think like this as he holds multiple units in different projects.

For an end user delays are sheer nightmares as he has to pay both EMI+rent for a long time.

Unitech has lost its brand premium because of delays.
    Ireo projects have seen good appreciation because people are able to see real progress on ground.

The culture of delays in gurgaon is killing an end user; even 90% completed
    projects are taking 2 more years for possession.
    CommentQuote
  • Yes, agreed on all below. I have also stopped investing in Unitech anymore. What is the point of paying them premium prices when progress and appreciation is very slow.
    Infact as per me, the one and most imp regulation by the Govt should be that no builder can ask for 80 to 90% payment on structure. They should be restricted to say 50% payment on structure, and another 25% on electrical fittings, water, floor tiles, internal fixutures, etc; and balance minimum 25% payment on possession. Till the time govt does not intervene to make a clause of say 25% or more on possession, things would not improve. Govt should ensure that builder gets his profit only on delivering possession.
    As for end users, i think they should always go for less than their budget and buy a RTM apartment.
    If someone has the budget to buy 2000 sq ft appartment in UC property, then they should ideally buy 1500 sq ft in RTM property, as the EMI would start on day one, for total cost of project. First investment of end user for self use should never be in UC property.
    The minute end users start thinking that they can buy 2000 sq ft of UC property by paying slower lesser incremental EMIs rather than paying/taking loan on 1500 sq ft of RTM apartment; then, they too are becoming part invetors. Not advisable for them in Indian Market (where Indian RE lacks Govt Intervention), till the time end users are ready to accept that they are part investors and ready to play the wait game.
    Regards!

Originally Posted by manu
    Only an investor can think like this as he holds multiple units in different projects.
    For an end user delays are sheer nightmares as he has to pay both EMI+rent for a long time.
    Unitech has lost its brand premium because of delays.
    Ireo projects have seen good appreciation because people are able to see real progress on ground.
    The culture of delays in gurgaon is killing an end user; even 90% completed
    projects are taking 2 more years for possession.
    CommentQuote