I am looking to invest in a commercial property in Gurgaon. My budget is around 50 lakhs and can hold it for 2-3 years. Kindly suggest the best options available in Sohna Road or NH-8 or for that matter GC Extension. The minimum size I am looking for is 5--sqft.

Currently I was offered 500 sqft in Iris Tech for 9400 sqft. This is pre-rented property and is giving 7% returns on the investment .

Do you think this as a good option. I am open to invest in an under-construction property as long as location and builder is good.

Members please suggest.

Regards.
Read more
282 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • They are asking for cash.. that is surprising....

Originally Posted by real007
    When I checked with M3M office they told me urbana still available from the company. Retail shop at first floor 10600(7000 cheque+3600 cash) , ground at 12600, office at 7700.

One more thing came to know about their cosmopolitan project its more near to GCX (about 100 meter walikng distance), GF (12600-500), FF(10100-100) office 7100-some discount.

I am looking for small commercial investment, it will be my first commercial investment. I have limited knowledge like assured return etc.
    CommentQuote
  • Mumbai ki hawa laag gaye hai . I am seeing more & more developers asking cash & joining the cash band wagon .
    CommentQuote
  • But I think it is illegal... and trusting builders those are getting into these practises need guts...

agar kal IT kee raid pad jaaye to builder kee to dukaan bhi band ho sakti hai..

Originally Posted by MANOJa
    Mumbai ki hawa laag gaye hai . I am seeing more & more developers asking cash & joining the cash band wagon .
    CommentQuote
  • IT guys & the builders can be the best of friends, when they want to be . :D
    CommentQuote
  • Mera Desh Mahaan ...._________________________..:bab (59):
    Originally Posted by MANOJa
    IT guys & the builders can be the best of friends, when they want to be . :D
    CommentQuote
  • commercial

Still dont have any good advise from the forum about hte commercial investment.Seems when it come to commercial the knowledge of the members is very limited.
    Anybody who knows about commercial and thinks it can be good investment down the line please suggest the same.
    Ujjaval
    CommentQuote
  • That is completely wrong info provided to you !!!

there are 5 blocks in M3M URbana , blocks-1.3.4.5 were sold directly by the co. to customers at 10,600 full cheque ground floor and 8600 full cheque first floor.

The block 2 was underwritten (bought by a single party ) , that is what is available at 7000 cheque ground floor (although that guy also sold at 10,600 at time of launch !!!

The company has not accepted any cash !! M3M is not such a company ,(a friend of mine wanted to buy at 9100 co. price and wanted some coloured money involvement !!The co. simply refused against it.

The recent resale going on for gf shops in urbana is at 500-1500 premium ( over 10,600 booking amount).

If one wants to go for retail , M3M URBANA is way better than M3M cosmopolitan and if one wants to buy office space then COSMOPOLITAN is a better investment than URBANA !!!

Studied both the projects closely , can tell you pros and cons of both if someone might be interested !!
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by ISHANb
    That is completely wrong info provided to you !!!

there are 5 blocks in M3M URbana , blocks-1.3.4.5 were sold directly by the co. to customers at 10,600 full cheque ground floor and 8600 full cheque first floor.

The block 2 was underwritten (bought by a single party ) , that is what is available at 7000 cheque ground floor (although that guy also sold at 10,600 at time of launch !!!

The company has not accepted any cash !! M3M is not such a company ,(a friend of mine wanted to buy at 9100 co. price and wanted some coloured money involvement !!The co. simply refused against it.

The recent resale going on for gf shops in urbana is at 500-1500 premium ( over 10,600 booking amount).

If one wants to go for retail , M3M URBANA is way better than M3M cosmopolitan and if one wants to buy office space then COSMOPOLITAN is a better investment than URBANA !!!

Studied both the projects closely , can tell you pros and cons of both if someone might be interested !!

Hi ISHANb

You are right I mixed information provided by company officer and one by agent( seems is front man for underwriter he asked cash portion for shops). Company guy told me no shop available in cosmopolitan and he was pushing cosmopolitan(better location) and told me urbana is not that posh.

If you can PM me pros and cons of both projects it will help me to make better decision. As I have limited knowledge on commercial investment.

What is rate of office or shop in urbana and their availability? I have budget 65L.
    CommentQuote
  • commercial

Hi Ishaan,
    Kindly if you could pm the pros and cons of botht he projescts.I am more interested in office space so let me know which is better and where are these two projects located.
    Early reply will be appreciated and please mention the minimum size and investment on the same.
    Regards,
    Ujjaval
    CommentQuote
  • M3M commercials

Originally Posted by ujjaval
    Hi Ishaan,
    Kindly if you could pm the pros and cons of botht he projescts.I am more interested in office space so let me know which is better and where are these two projects located.
    Early reply will be appreciated and please mention the minimum size and investment on the same.
    Regards,
    Ujjaval

Please check below links, all information available here.
    M3M Cosmopolitan
    M3M Urbana

Office size very from 537 sq ft to any in cosmopolitan.
    CommentQuote
  • Just don't get simply carried away by the stylish mall concept on the prime road.

Retailing is of diff league altogether and if you happens to visit Sohna road stretch you will find several retailers in 3oo-4oo sq ft shops bleeding to the core with hardly any business and sky high Common area charges levied every month by builder and electricity and other property tax charges.

Also not all of them were lucky to lease it to big co's as they require bigger space like 8000 + area.

Till possession everything seems fine. The real fun starts after the possession, when builder start asking for various charges.

Builder will charge you for each and every penny he gonna spend on taxes, electricity, fuel, marketing etc.

I am not discouraging anyone, but just don't jump into mall or high street shops in a complex unless nd until you have basics clear.

The shops, however gives much much higher returns then office space and a good location market remains always in demand.

Good luck for your investments.
    CommentQuote
  • 100 % agreed to that . Investment in Commercials is a different ball game, all together .
    CommentQuote
  • Totally Agreed!!
    Originally Posted by durb100us
    Just don't get simply carried away by the stylish mall concept on the prime road.

Retailing is of diff league altogether and if you happens to visit Sohna road stretch you will find several retailers in 3oo-4oo sq ft shops bleeding to the core with hardly any business and sky high Common area charges levied every month by builder and electricity and other property tax charges.

Also not all of them were lucky to lease it to big co's as they require bigger space like 8000 + area.

Till possession everything seems fine. The real fun starts after the possession, when builder start asking for various charges.

Builder will charge you for each and every penny he gonna spend on taxes, electricity, fuel, marketing etc.

I am not discouraging anyone, but just don't jump into mall or high street shops in a complex unless nd until you have basics clear.

The shops, however gives much much higher returns then office space and a good location market remains always in demand.

Good luck for your investments.
    CommentQuote
  • well sorry guys for the late comments ,
    M3M URBANA is way better in terms of retail space because -
    a) Its an open high street market , and the demand for open markets is way more for than malls and air conditioned complex due to several reasons.

b)It has the biggest front i have ever seen in a retail complex in the recent times , it has the biggest front possible for the total area of the project.

c)The layout and the planning of the complex is really good , check out the layout at M3M Urbana

d)It is ideally located at the chau-raha of sectors 64,65,66,67.

e) there are at least 6-7 big residential projects in sector 67 ,3-4 big projects in sector 65 (including biggies like emarald estate and M3M Golfestate) , and marbella in sector 66 and many more future projects in these sectors will come for residential .

f)M3M cosmopolitan's layout for retail is pathetic as it has minimum front and ek gali type ka layout hai for the shops .cosmopolitans layout can be seen at M3M Cosmopolitan

e) there is a multiplex also planned in M3M urbana which is again a big plus.

And M3M COSMOPOLITAN OFFICE space is better than URBANA office space for the single reason that both are available at approx same prices and the location of cosmopolitan is nearer to Gc ex road , so in terms of offices that is a big plus , so if offices are available at same prices then cosmopolitan is to be preffered and i read somewhere someone said that min office size is 500 sq ft in cosmopolitan , whereas from what i know its 800 sq ft !!

I hope i may have helped some people out , any flaws in my pros and cons list or any additions or subtraction to the list are welcome and i invite you all for a healthy and meaningful discussion !! Cheers !!!
    CommentQuote
  • Nice Analysis Ishan . Can you please, suggest the possession time frame for M3m urbana.

Originally Posted by ISHANb
    well sorry guys for the late comments ,
    M3M URBANA is way better in terms of retail space because -
    a) Its an open high street market , and the demand for open markets is way more for than malls and air conditioned complex due to several reasons.

b)It has the biggest front i have ever seen in a retail complex in the recent times , it has the biggest front possible for the total area of the project.

c)The layout and the planning of the complex is really good , check out the layout at M3M Urbana

d)It is ideally located at the chau-raha of sectors 64,65,66,67.

e) there are at least 6-7 big residential projects in sector 67 ,3-4 big projects in sector 65 (including biggies like emarald estate and M3M Golfestate) , and marbella in sector 66 and many more future projects in these sectors will come for residential .

f)M3M cosmopolitan's layout for retail is pathetic as it has minimum front and ek gali type ka layout hai for the shops .cosmopolitans layout can be seen at M3M Cosmopolitan

e) there is a multiplex also planned in M3M urbana which is again a big plus.

And M3M COSMOPOLITAN OFFICE space is better than URBANA office space for the single reason that both are available at approx same prices and the location of cosmopolitan is nearer to Gc ex road , so in terms of offices that is a big plus , so if offices are available at same prices then cosmopolitan is to be preffered and i read somewhere someone said that min office size is 500 sq ft in cosmopolitan , whereas from what i know its 800 sq ft !!

I hope i may have helped some people out , any flaws in my pros and cons list or any additions or subtraction to the list are welcome and i invite you all for a healthy and meaningful discussion !! Cheers !!!
    CommentQuote