Collapse

Real Estate as an asset Class

Last updated: December 31 2010
57 | Posts
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re : Real Estate as an asset Class

I am pretty sure we don't have REITs in India. See this.
    REITs may never take off as SEBI has second thoughts - The Economic Times

Most of the REITs operating in India (Like Sun Apollo, Actis, Trikona etc) are listed outside India.

2. I guess, if you form an LLC and go for bank financing, you wont get the attractive Int. rates as home loans, You will be asked for a collateral and will be charged very high interest rates (like 14-15%). Credit in India is not cheap, specially after 08-09. The reason, people like Spire Edge offer 12% return is because 12% is cheaper financing for them THAN 14-15% at which they will get from the bank.

Originally posted by noobinre View Post
    btw, wanted to know if -

1. Do we have REITs in India and has anyone invested in them?
    2. Has anyone tried forming a LLC with friends and purchased properties in LLCs name? Was curious to find out if banks provides loans to such LLCs.

Comment

noobinre Bhai, analysis karna baan kar do aab, aur jo kharidna hai kharid lo , fata fat .
      Please read IREF rules | FAQ's

Comment

Thanks for sharing the link & other info Sachin.

Originally posted by onesachin View Post
        I am pretty sure we don't have REITs in India. See this.
        REITs may never take off as SEBI has second thoughts - The Economic Times

Most of the REITs operating in India (Like Sun Apollo, Actis, Trikona etc) are listed outside India.

2. I guess, if you form an LLC and go for bank financing, you wont get the attractive Int. rates as home loans, You will be asked for a collateral and will be charged very high interest rates (like 14-15%). Credit in India is not cheap, specially after 08-09. The reason, people like Spire Edge offer 12% return is because 12% is cheaper financing for them THAN 14-15% at which they will get from the bank.

Comment

Manoj--i thought you are based in India....you are awake at 3am to post messages on this forum??

Not that I have any issues with that, I like your comments but was just curious.

Originally posted by MANOJa View Post
          noobinre Bhai, analysis karna baan kar do aab, aur jo kharidna hai kharid lo , fata fat .

Comment

Originally posted by MANOJa View Post
            maalik khareedne ka kaam to chal hi raha hai....under process...yeh to dimaagi keede chalte rahenge....

Comment

I am based in India . Boss family is out of the country for a holiday & i am all alone, so free, no restrictions, aish ho rahi hai .

Manoj--i thought you are based in India....you are awake at 3am to post messages on this forum??

Not that I have any issues with that, I like your comments but was just curious.
              Please read IREF rules | FAQ's

Comment

Sir yeh RE ki invesment hain jo raton ko jaga ke rakhti hain....

na din ko chain aur na raat ko sukkon.....

Originally posted by noobinre View Post
                maalik khareedne ka kaam to chal hi raha hai....under process...yeh to dimaagi keede chalte rahenge....

Comment

Exactly. I did not forget it. If you read my first comment in this thread, I said.

"If we assume, no liquidity or exit concerns, and long term holding period, equity wins hands down"

Sorry
                  I did not read it

Comment

Amit Jee aapko to bahut knowledge hai. wah wah ..

Equity gives good returns on paper. but its very difficult to time the market. Trading is playing with fire. 99 % people loose in trading. Only if u invest for long term u have high chances of winning.

Comment

Originally posted by tarung View Post
                      Amit Jee aapko to bahut knowledge hai. wah wah ..

Equity gives good returns on paper. but its very difficult to time the market. Trading is playing with fire. 99 % people loose in trading. Only if u invest for long term u have high chances of winning.
                      Very true .my dad lost lot of money after harshad mehta scam and then after *** com burst in 2000 because he did not have capacity to hold and he used to do forward trading which is probably stopped now.

Comment

Have any questions or thoughts about this?
                      Working...
                      X