Hi, can someone give me a feedback on Orchid Island in Sect 51? Need help on following points..

- How is the property?
- Builder reputation
- Construction progress and expected possession?
- At what premium it must be available in resale today?
- Is it a good buy at above resale from end user or investment perspective?

Thanks for all your help
Read more
302 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Re

My views:
    Builder is known in gurgaon.. however residents of sohna road property did dharna of poor amenities 2 weeks back (it came in HT).
    Orchid Island location is good, expected delivery is by 2012. Sellers are asking for 20lacs plus black on this property (what a shame.. this can only hppn in our country).
    Its purely your decision.... considering the non liveable areas (for next 5 yrs) in gurgaon are touching abnoxious rates similar to what you pay here. In that context this still looks a good deal. Senior members can further advice you..
    CommentQuote
  • Thanks, Kapilvishal. I am keen on this but 20 Lacs seems too high of a cash premium to me.. that too off records. I am looking out if someone can settle at 15 Lacs or something?
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by madhukarpandey
    Thanks, Kapilvishal. I am keen on this but 20 Lacs seems too high of a cash premium to me.. that too off records. I am looking out if someone can settle at 15 Lacs or something?

Madhukar - Construction is going at a good pace, getting a unit in 15 lac premium is next to impossible.
    CommentQuote
  • What is the total price including the colored component ?
    CommentQuote
  • Gaurav - I am quoted 80 Lacs for 1600 sq ft (3 BR plus SR). 20 Lacs is black.
    CommentQuote
  • YoungTurk - What is the best quote I may get if negotiated well?
    CommentQuote
  • It depends on the location of a particular unit within the community and the floor that you are going for. You can expect a 2nd fl unit with not that great location in 18 lacs premium.
    CommentQuote
  • U can also explore GPL, Tulip , Park Prime
    CommentQuote
  • Raj - Arent they all flats? Or are they floors?
    CommentQuote
  • They all are flats.
    CommentQuote
  • Was kind of interested for floors.. considering the low density they offer and pace of construction due to not so high rise buildings.
    CommentQuote
  • I gave you options in flats as u were interested in BPTP Spacio.

Originally Posted by madhukarpandey
    Was kind of interested for floors.. considering the low density they offer and pace of construction due to not so high rise buildings.
    CommentQuote
  • Ya.., and thanks for that. But trust me.. its as confusing as it can be. :)
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by madhukarpandey
    Thanks, Kapilvishal. I am keen on this but 20 Lacs seems too high of a cash premium to me.. that too off records. I am looking out if someone can settle at 15 Lacs or something?

Hi Brother,

I hold ne unit in OI. I bought this when it was launched & i specifically bought this for my own stay. My brother also has one unit for his use. Both of us keep getting calls from broker with nearly 20L premium. I guess you may be able to negotiaate to 19-18 but below that looks difficult. Someone having not so great location / top floor may settle for 15L otherwise not.

Prasoond
    CommentQuote
  • Thanks Prasoond. 15 Lacs should be OK. I am anyways stretching my budget to this high and hence location preference cannot be too much of a choice here. Any references who can sell at 15 Lacs premium?
    CommentQuote