Individual Investors Selling Flats At Discounted Prices

Last updated: January 26 2011
194 | Posts
21078 | Views
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Individual Investors Selling Flats At Discounted Prices

Most of you might have read it but still sharing ...Source : 99 acre newsletter Dec'10.

Not sure, if this trend reported is for whole of India or for particular RE market !!
    ----------------------------------------------------
    Investors Selling Flats At Discounted Prices
    Anticipating realty rates to plunge soon, individual investors have started selling their properties at discounted rates. Property brokers are being flooded with calls from investors offering rebates of 10 to 30% on their properties. Investors have played a major role in the real estate market in the last three years because they have cornered more than 50% of the properties booked during the period. Unlike end users, who pay in instalments, investors book flats in the pre-launch stage by paying 50% to 100% of the cost thus providing capital to builders. They plan to resell the property and make profits. These days, investors are trying to sell their properties so that they can make profits while the rates are still high even if they sell at rates lower than the market price.

-28 Dec 2010 Hindustan Times

Re : Individual Investors Selling Flats At Discounted Prices

Was bound to happen & a majority of these investors are the ones, who have invested for real short term, by wanting to exit after investing max. 10-20 % of the total value of the booking . With caps on home loans & rising interest rates, we could see some real desperate resales happening in the next 3/4 months .
    Please read IREF rules | FAQ's

Comment

Hmm..right Manoja..now it will be difficult for them to exit or exit would be possible by giving discounts...looks like correction on the way now.

Comment

Yes . We could see the correction in full bloom in the next 4/5 months .
        Last edited January 7 2011, 11:05 PM.

Comment

Wonder if this correction will ever happen in reality.
          Where are these deals where people are offering 10-30% off? I havent come across a single one in GGN.

Comment

Most of the brokers & some of the big time investors r absorbing them right now . Once, they have had their fill, we would see such deals in the open market .

Comment

Originally posted by MANOJa View Post
              Most of the brokers & some of the big time investors r absorbing them right now . Once, they have had their fill, we would see such deals in the open market .
              Manoja bhai - Are you personally aware of such deals happening or are you speculating? Not questioning your understanding of RE market but wanted to differentiate between hearsay & ground reality

Comment

I have seen a few persons, i know, of struggling to sell some of their bookings . A few of them r forum members & some i know personally . One member based in GGN offered me an apartment at X price ( which was under 3000 ), about 18/20 days back, now after failing to sell it anywhere, he is back with an offer of X, less 40/50 . The said project is being portrayed in the forum, as one, having a high resale demand .

Comment

..........& i forgot to add, what i am seeing is discounts of about 3-6 % right now, but the desperation & discounts, would grow with time .

Comment

Originally posted by MANOJa View Post
                    I have seen a few persons, i know, of struggling to sell some of their bookings . A few of them r forum members & some i know personally . One member based in GGN offered me an apartment at X price ( which was under 3000 ), about 18/20 days back, now after failing to sell it anywhere, he is back with an offer of X, less 40/50 . The said project is being portrayed in the forum, as one, having a high resale demand .

Thats interesting. Lets see which way it goes.

Comment

Have any questions or thoughts about this?
                    Working...
                    X