Hello everybody...

i need your sincere advise on following:

i booked a 2bhk falt in unitech residency in sec-33 gurgaon being developed in unitech resorts which also accomodates unitech premimum villas starting from 4.5 crores onwards.

i booked d flat at 4800 psf. My purpose was more residential than investment. At present the rate going in market is around 55OO psf..

Considering unitech's image today and position, kindly advise whether i should exit or hold on.

your sincere comments will be highly appericiated.
Read more
25 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Originally Posted by sk4121
    Hello everybody...

i booked a 2bhk falt in unitech residency in sec-33 gurgaon being developed in unitech resorts which also accomodates unitech premimum villas starting from 4.5 crores onwards.

i booked d flat at 4800 psf. My purpose was more residential than investment. At present the rate going in market is around 55OO psf..

Considering unitech's image today and position, kindly advise whether i should exit or hold on.

Unitech Residency has seen good progress since the day it was launched. The project was launched in June-July 2009 and complete structure is ready by now. The project has great locational advantage with great connectivity to Sohna Rd and Nh8. I think it will be better to wait till posession.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by vinaybhatia
    Unitech Residency has seen good progress since the day it was launched. The project was launched in June-July 2009 and complete structure is ready by now. The project has great locational advantage with great connectivity to Sohna Rd and Nh8. I think it will be better to wait till posession.

I second that opinion.

It has great locational advantage and with possession ready of JMD and CP2 , the value will keep increasing only.
    CommentQuote
  • but what about unitech's 2G scam and never ending project in noida....?
    CommentQuote
    but what about unitech's 2G scam and never ending project in noida....?

In my opinion (I am not an expert) most of the builders (if not all) are in some or other kind of trouble. bigger the name and size, bigger the trouble is. Unitech, Omaxe etc are few of them. I guess, at the end of the day, they will deliver. The impossible thing to guess is delay (how much). The appreciation is sure to happen everywhere and in your case it's already appreciated. I have an investment with Omaxe Grand Tower in Noida and the story is not good so far but I am hopeful that it will be delivered one day and I am sure the day it will be delivered, it would be appreciated by 3 times. (may be in 5 to 7 years.. LOL)
    CommentQuote
  • All Greater Noida projects have been completed and possession is being handed over. and 2 other Cascade and Habitat are close to completion.

Unihomes-I is to scheduled to be handed over by the end of this year.
    other II and III and Uniworld garden are being constructed on good speed.
    two more projects have been launched recently

There is only one projects left delayed that is Unitech Grande on expressway. where now construction is going on in full swing on 4 towers and 2 of them are ready up to 20 floors I guess. golf is ready there.

Originally Posted by sk4121
    but what about unitech's 2G scam and never ending project in noida....?
    CommentQuote
    Hello everybody...

simple advise, keep it. property in gurgaon is getting harder to get ...hence dont let go it easily:)
    CommentQuote
  • tks guyz.... i'd invite sum more info and suggestions....

senior members kindly contribute
    CommentQuote
  • I am no fan of Unitech, but retaining it, looks to be sane advise .

Originally Posted by vinaybhatia
    CommentQuote
  • Well retaining it or disposing it depends on what are you getting or looking for instead of this ..
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by MANOJa
    I am no fan of Unitech, but retaining it, looks to be sane advise .

can u explain in detail pls
    CommentQuote
  • Unitech is going through a pretty lean Phase ( will not invest with them in a new project ), but as vinay said, this project looks to be progressing well & u should get some good upside soon, so makes better sense to retain it .
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by ISHANb
    Well retaining it or disposing it depends on what are you getting or looking for instead of this ..

well, when i bought this flat, my purpose was more of residential than investment. i mean i got it as i'd like to use it for living....

also i thought its next to premimum villas which also being constructed by unitech...

so now wat do u suggest ishan
    CommentQuote
  • you would do well to retain it...
    if you bought it for own use you should get the delivery in about 18 months time (except 2 towers at back). its a very good location...if you were to sell it today what would you buy for end use... hardly any comparable ready to movein options if your size is 1545( almost none if its 1095/1100) at 5500.....

if you put your money in another under const. prop you will pay similar pricies for much later delivery...( talking similar locations of good builders)

and as others mentioned it is good option just for investment...

Originally Posted by sk4121
    well, when i bought this flat, my purpose was more of residential than investment. i mean i got it as i'd like to use it for living....

also i thought its next to premimum villas which also being constructed by unitech...well, when i bought this flat, my purpose was more of residential than investment. i mean i got it as i'd like to use it for living....

also i thought its next to premimum villas which also being constructed by unitech...
    CommentQuote
  • tks everybdy...more views are welcome
    CommentQuote
  • You could look at a ready to move or near ready in Nirvana Country e.g Escape.

That way you do not have to go through all the uncertainty.
    CommentQuote