Hi Friends,

I am looking to buy an ready to move aparment in Gurgaon.

I am thinking of shortlisting between unitech fresco and Escape...

Could you all help me in decide between these two and provide some information on the following

*Sizes and BSP for the two
*Appreciation prospects for the two in the medium to long term
* Payment outlay for both

Many Thanks & Best Regards
Amit
Read more
49 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • BSP is going sround the band of 5500 psf for both the projects.
    You can go for either of projects..... Fresco is more completed than escape.

Appericiation will be there in long run as all other projects on gcx get completed...but it will take time..

give yourself at least 5-6 yrs
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by amit001
    Hi Friends,

I am looking to buy an ready to move aparment in Gurgaon.

I am thinking of shortlisting between unitech fresco and Escape...

Could you all help me in decide between these two and provide some information on the following

*Sizes and BSP for the two
    *Appreciation prospects for the two in the medium to long term
    * Payment outlay for both

Many Thanks & Best Regards
    Amit

What is your budget, what size you are looking for and what is your timeline i.e. want to move in immediately or want to move in after a year or so ?
    CommentQuote
  • Mate,

I am looking at something which will be delivered in one years time and will gove good appreciation in medium to long term...

Budget is 80-90 lakhs......
    CommentQuote
    Mate,

I am looking at something which will be delivered in one years time and will gove good appreciation in medium to long term...

Budget is 80-90 lakhs......

Hi Amit,

My POV, since you have one year horizon, go for Escape for the following reasons
    - Escape is on Golf Course Rd as as some call it "Created by God road" :)
    - Prices in Escape are still 5300+. I am told that Fresco is being quoted at 5500+ plus now. Though not sure as have not checked on prices in last week or so.
    - Good chances of higher appreciation in Escape once other GCX projects like Emaar, M3M, Ireo also come to fruition but it may take 3-4 years
    - Escape has lesser number of flats than Fresco, which means lesser number of families/users for club/amenities

However, given the current situation of Unitech and 2G scam, you may want to wait for a month or two to let the dust settle and get more clarity on the future of Unitech and this project.

To me bigger question is if Escape will get completed in 1 year time or will it be delayed even further ?

Only today I was talking to Unitech on the subject and they have pushed release date for Escape and Harmony by 3 months - and they have been doing that from last 12 months. probably the reason that these being old projects they need to pay only Rs5 penalty whereas for newer projects penalty is higher so from builder persepctive it makes economic sense to delay older projects. And I will not be surprised if 3 months later they again push posession date by 3 months and the saga continues......

BTW, I am one of the helpless sufferers :) More than welcome to join the club as then we will have more people to share the pain :)

My POV.
    CommentQuote
  • all valid points....just 2 things

escape would fall out of budget
    fresco delivery done for some towers a few others ready for delivery in next 2 months.
    Originally Posted by cautious_guy

else not much to choose between the two. even fresco location is good right in nirvana country.

Hi Amit,

My POV, since you have one year horizon, go for Escape for the following reasons
    - Escape is on Golf Course Rd as as some call it "Created by God road" :)
    - Prices in Escape are still 5300+. I am told that Fresco is being quoted at 5500+ plus now. Though not sure as have not checked on prices in last week or so.
    - Good chances of higher appreciation in Escape once other GCX projects like Emaar, M3M, Ireo also come to fruition but it may take 3-4 years
    - Escape has lesser number of flats than Fresco, which means lesser number of families/users for club/amenities

However, given the current situation of Unitech and 2G scam, you may want to wait for a month or two to let the dust settle and get more clarity on the future of Unitech and this project.

To me bigger question is if Escape will get completed in 1 year time or will it be delayed even further ?

Only today I was talking to Unitech on the subject and they have pushed release date for Escape and Harmony by 3 months - and they have been doing that from last 12 months. probably the reason that these being old projects they need to pay only Rs5 penalty whereas for newer projects penalty is higher so from builder persepctive it makes economic sense to delay older projects. And I will not be surprised if 3 months later they again push posession date by 3 months and the saga continues......

BTW, I am one of the helpless sufferers :) More than welcome to join the club as then we will have more people to share the pain :)

My POV.
    CommentQuote
  • is 2050 the minimum size for escape?
    CommentQuote
  • Buy which are ready to possession. Otherwise wait 4 few days as mentioned by cautious_guy. He is very much right related 2 2g.

Originally Posted by AmitMM
    all valid points....just 2 things

escape would fall out of budget
    fresco delivery done for some towers a few others ready for delivery in next 2 months.
    CommentQuote
  • can somebidy tel me the all inclusive cost for escape and fresco's smallest 3 BHKs?
    CommentQuote
  • Better stay away from Unitech, they seem to be getting into a big mess up ( 2 G scam ) & may be down & out for a pretty long time, meaning huge anticipated delays in their under construction projects .
    CommentQuote
  • Manoj - has that started to reflect on their projects like vista or unitech - any impact seen on the prices??
    CommentQuote
  • Really not checked on their prices, but the way things r going for Unitech ( with some anticipated arrests of the top shots of Unitech ), we could see visible & strong negative affects on all under construction properties of Unitech .
    CommentQuote
    is 2050 the minimum size for escape?

You are right - risk appetite and time horizon besides price have to be also considered.

But since you have 1 yr horizon I said escape with the caution/caveat.

anyways, re prices

escape - min size = 1550 sq ft = total price = 90 to 95 lakhs assuming psf of 5300+. Status = minimum 1 year for posession

Fresco - min size = 1350 sq ft = total price = 80 to 85 lakhns assuming psf of 5500+. Status = Ready to move-in

3rd option is harmony but am not mentionig details because it has large size flats with same pricing as escape and hence will be outside your budget range. Status - 3 towers ready for posession but overall project at least 12 to 18 months

good luck
    CommentQuote
  • amit

please also visit unitech site for latest update on the construction of these projects - just noticed January 2011 update - and it seems quite accurate.
    CommentQuote
  • Escape vs Fresco

I just bought a 2050 aptm in Escape after doing all the analysis I could, here are the points I considered:

1- Location of Escape - it's right on the GCX, near to other premium projects, and a possibility that it could be near to a Metro statation (in case ph2 happens in next 5-7 yrs)
    2- It's has just 8 towers unlike Fresco or Close or Vatika city where lot many towers and hence would be too crowded
    3- Ratio of the open area is much more than other projects.
    4-It has two basement floor parking...so it would not be a pain later
    5-Specs are better than Fresco
    6- Layout (for 2050 size) is slightly better than Fresco...as the ktichen entrenace is in the foyer and away from dinning area
    7-Th projet surroundings are very clean...there is no cluter near by..and will improve further with time
    8- The project is so near to completion that I donot see much risk of 2G scam on this.

Cons in Escape:
    - Room sizes are smaller than what someone would expect in a Rs1.25 cr flat but this seems to be norm these days!!!
    - It would have been great if balconies were there in every room...it's there only in MBR and Drawing room
    - They could design the layout of kitchen little more better thought the size is good but because of two doors in it...the space is not utlilized that well.

Price - You may get it from Rs 5300 to Rs 5700 depending on the tower and location of the flat. A 2050 will cost you Rs 1.25 Cr and 1936 will cost around Rs1.15 Cr. I personally, would not prefer 1550 size at a price of somewhere 90 lac

Recently, I'd a discussion with Unitech about the project completion timelines, they said - Possion already offered for Tower#4, it'll be offered to Tower#3 &5 in this month. Tower1&2 would to be offered by June'11. And I guess Tower6,7 & 8 should be ready by Dec'11.

Last but not the least, my personal opinion, that this project is really
    undervalued as compared to other properties in Nirwana country or GCX!!!
    Other project like close, Fresco, Harmony (i donot like the floor plans) are also similarly priced though there location is not that good as compared to Escape and also the specs. Underconstrucion projects like IREO, Pioneer, BPTP, Emaar etc would take 4-5 yrs to complete but are trading at Rs5200!!

This is what went thru my mind before I made this decision..i hope it was helpful for you. Let me know in case you want to know any more details.
    CommentQuote
  • Whst the minimum sizes of 4 BHks in Escape and Freco
    CommentQuote