I am trying to find type of insurance available to protect investment in property, so a person can protect his family from financial disaster.

1. Title insurance - Is it available in India. It covers owner from any ownership fraud(lien against property taken by owner or builder) and any fraud where buyer can not get or loose possession of the property.

2. Natural disaster - Earthquake, flood etc.

3. Fire - In high raise its highly possible.

4. Mortgage Insurance - in case of owner death and loan still pending bank will collect all loan from the insurance not go after the house. Generally in India bank suggest life insurance for the mortgage holder.
Read more
4 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Either no body interested in protecting their investment or no body know.

Do we have anyone from insurance background in this forum?
    CommentQuote
  • I am interested in knowing this too. Please keep this thread alive until we get something from forum members. This forum has all types of professional and I hope we will hear from a insurance back ground guy as well. Thanks for posting this.
    CommentQuote
  • Just trying to bring this discussion on top. Any expert from insurance background.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by real007
    I am trying to find type of insurance available to protect investment in property, so a person can protect his family from financial disaster.

1. Title insurance - Is it available in India. It covers owner from any ownership fraud(lien against property taken by owner or builder) and any fraud where buyer can not get or loose possession of the property.

2. Natural disaster - Earthquake, flood etc.

3. Fire - In high raise its highly possible.

4. Mortgage Insurance - in case of owner death and loan still pending bank will collect all loan from the insurance not go after the house. Generally in India bank suggest life insurance for the mortgage holder.

Would love to answer this thread however looks like a wrong forum for the same .
    Also question no.2 & 3 have been already discussed under the relevent IREF House Insurance forum :)
    CommentQuote