Real Estate Bubble Set to Burst Again in India

Last updated: 4 weeks ago
40120 | Posts
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re : Real Estate Bubble Set to Burst Again in India

Monetise unproductive PSU

“We must monetise our unproductive assets to save PSUs. During my time (as a disinvestment minister) we had discovered that VSNL had 700 acres of prime land in many cities. Now if unproductive assets like these are sold off, it can generate crores in revenue,” Mr. Shourie said at an event organised by the Indian Statistical Institute (ISI) in Kolkata.

Without taking name, Mr Shourie said one corporate house in India owed Rs. 1,22,000 crore to banks and another one owed Rs. 58,000 crore.

He said every year tonnes of grains rotted in the open during monsoon “because the Food Corporation of India can then sell it to the liquor industry at cheaper rates”.

Comment

Interesting angle .

I took it at face value .....that the industry demanded and the govt simply conceded but this could be the larger purpose. hmmm.

Originally posted by Catbert View Post
      Now that is one way of looking at it; the other way is that this will mostly help existing home owners who are still paying EMIs.
      Or, it is really aimed at helping the banks.
      I believe even the 2008 bailout was for banks not realty. Any trouble in financial system can wreak havoc and govt's only priority is and always has been to save the banks. They don't care about any specific industry.
      With REITs, govt. will hope that all the mess of RE industry moves to private holders than banks.

Comment

Originally posted by kinjalchato View Post
        Good to see you back, just waiting for your prediction timeline to get over . Then we will know the truth . Till then good to have all theories. It seems that you have forgotten to note that the talk of market crash have been around since this thread has started, but interesting to note your change in vocabulary because have never heard you use any word other than crash .

WGC brokers just refuse to change their tone , everywhere they only see doomsday, wonder why. They are very unhappy that budget has showered so many goodies on Real estate but none on Gold, so they are in denial mode.
        Yeah I remember...I said if Modi loses crash immediate...if he wins then within that year....
        let us see..I am waiting to see the crash within this year...money printing stops...

15K alms not going to help bakras to buy 1 cr house....capital gains fraud area plugged..let us see....I am also waiting...

However you think, RE is doing good now??

Comment

cpi falls to 30 month low in June

Retail inflation falls to 30-month low of 7.31% in June | Business Standard News

Comment

this level of 7.31 will not be seen for next many months

The price rise started for the past couple of weeks...wait and see..

however 7.31 cannot trigger rate cut to benefit brokers folks.....

Comment

Originally posted by mangoman2012 View Post
              Yeah I remember...I said if Modi loses crash immediate...if he wins then within that year....
              let us see..I am waiting to see the crash within this year...money printing stops...

15K alms not going to help bakras to buy 1 cr house....capital gains fraud area plugged..let us see....I am also waiting...

However you think, RE is doing good now??
              You gave a very precise forecast about the pricing of re , and I am surely tracking it .

This thread is about bubble burst and we will see for sure.

some other high iq types, after predicting halving of price have changed their avatar and now trying to compare RE returns to stock market returns.

Hope you hold on to your crash theory .

Comment

this level of 7.31 will not be seen for next many months

The price rise started for the past couple of weeks...wait and see..

however 7.31 cannot trigger rate cut to benefit brokers folks.....
                quiet possible, it may not be sustainable, but all hopes of WGC brokers of galloping gold prices by predicting gloom and doom are doomed for sure.

Gold brokers just do not learn.

http://www.moneycontrol.com/news/eco...n_1127045.html

It surely breaks the back of some theories that there is imminent risk of interest rates increase
                Last edited July 14 2014, 08:06 PM.

Comment

You gave a very precise forecast about the pricing of re , and I am surely tracking it .

This thread is about bubble burst and we will see for sure.

some other high iq types, after predicting halving of price have changed their avatar and now trying to compare RE returns to stock market returns.

Hope you hold on to your crash theory .

Just to be sure, you wont accept anything but a crash of 90% and that too in the same timeline or you will accept some time here and there and some % here and there....

Yeah...let us see...If you agree or not, the country should and will agree about this crash...

I am also waiting...

Comment

quiet possible, it may not be sustainable, but all hopes of WGC brokers of galloping gold prices by predicting gloom and doom are doomed for sure.

Gold brokers just do not learn.

Lower core momentum good, but monsoon may still worry: JPM - Moneycontrol.com

It surely breaks the back of some theories that there is imminent risk of interest rates increase
                    Frankly I dont understand this thing about gold brokers...but one thing is sure...gold brokers are far better than RE brokers who drink innocent people's blood by raising inflation for their selfish cause...

however, can you explain the above post? I jsut want to understand more about something you are telling about gold...

Comment

Just to be sure, you wont accept anything but a crash of 90% and that too in the same timeline or you will accept some time here and there and some % here and there....

Yeah...let us see...If you agree or not, the country should and will agree about this crash...

I am also waiting...
                      I don't have to accept anything, I only am reminding you of your exact prediction on when and to what extent RE will crash.

I am sure you remember your prediction.

Comment

Have any questions or thoughts about this?
                      Working...
                      X