I want to highlight how innocent people get cheated when they buy an apartment with the hope on living in it. The case is of Central Park 2 on Sohna Road, Gurgaon.

1. The builder launched a project showing 29 towers in 47.5 acres of land with open space of 20 acres. Towers 1 to 9 were launched 200, in early 2005 builder collected first installment and sent a "Draft" Apartment Buyer Agreement which promised that construction will be done in 36 months from start.

2. Builder took another installment for completion of excavation in 2006 but did not start the actual construction. the final apartment buyer agreement was only signed in 2007. This time, the builder quietly changed some clauses and drawings in the agreement.

3. In Setp 2010, builder received completion certificate for tower 1 to 9 from govt authorities. When possession was issued, owners started realizing that they had been cheated in the following ways:
a. Escalation charges of Rs. 8 lakhs had been imposed despite the delay.
b. Prime Location charge of Rs. 7.5 lakhs were applicable in 2 out of 3 apartments in each floor as they were facing the central 20 acre garden. The garden was not made, instead builder made a wall around towers 1 to 9 and separated them. Now - what was supposed to be a 47 acre project is only 10 acres.
c. clubhouse charges of Rs. 1 lakh was imposed but no clubhouse was constructed as shown. instead, builder made two room on rooftop of two buildings and said this is the clubhouse. How can that be clubhouse? 400 people paid 1 lakh each so 4 crores for two small rooms?
d. Apartment buyer agreement said builder would pay penalty for delay in possession Rs. 5 per sq ft for delay beyond 36 months. While actual delay was for over 35 months, builder gave penalty only for 5 months.
e. Promised facilities like nursery school, swimming pool etc were also removed without informing me.
f. Super area has been increased by over 100 Sq Ft by adding external building and rooftop rooms etc to the area.

I have estimated that my total compensation claim for damages for this apartment would be around Rs. 35 lakhs from the builder so I have filed a case against thee builder and my lawyer has assured that soon a stay order will stop the builder from selling any more property in the project.

For the 400 apartment owners, builder has done a scam of over 140 crores.:bab (45):

I hope everyone is aware before buying such property
Read more
33 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Residents of CP2 are spreading this message now

CENTRAL PARK 2 SOHNA ROAD.... OUR HOME OUR DREAM BUT SO Disappointed WITH SWETA ESTATES....

You promised us resort style living with 20 acres of Greens and every facility.... So we bought our homes in your condominium with positivity and dreams but you have broken every word.... We have it on paper that it's a single complex but you are now refusing us access to the central gardens!!!!!

REQUEST ALL TO BEWARE BEFORE INVESTING YOUR HARD EARNED MONEY IN THIS GROUP AS ONCE YOU HAVE PAID THEY DO NOT CARE ABOUT COMMITMENTS. OUR CHILDREN WERE STOPPED FROM ENTERING THE CENTRAL GREENS WHICH HAS FORCED ME TO APPEAL ON THIS MEDIUM.... WHERE DO WE RESIDENTS GO.... YOU ARE TOO STRONG BUT REMEMBER IT IS US RESIDENTS WHO HAVE MADE YOU. ..

Our woes and negativity will not let you prosper. Just because you want to sell new homes at premium prices you cannot comfortably overlook your existing customers...

BEFORE MAKING CP3 AND THE FLOWER VALLEY KINDLY FULFILL YOUR PROMISES TO Central Park 2 BELLEVUE PHASE ONE...... NOT FAIR...

IF YOU AGREE PLEASE COPY AND PASTE AND SHARE WITH YOUR FRIENDS... IN GURGAON... SO OTHERS DO NOT MAKE THE SAME MISTAKE THAT WE DID.... We want the CENTRAL WALL BROKEN AS PROMISED BY THE BUILDER TO US....... Please share....
    CommentQuote
  • In recently offered possession in CP2, phase 2 & phase 3 units, the builder has put additional charges on account of

1) price escalation due to inflation (If delay leads to such higher costs - why penalize the buyer for that ?

2) increased area leading to additional charges

Did anyone verify/oppose these high charges ? Are these justified ? Can some senior and experienced member comment on this ?

Did any file any legal case ? Complaint to consumer forum?
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by hems7dl
    In recently offered possession in CP2, phase 2 & phase 3 units, the builder has put additional charges on account of

1) price escalation due to inflation (If delay leads to such higher costs - why penalize the buyer for that ?

2) increased area leading to additional charges

Did anyone verify/oppose these high charges ? Are these justified ? Can some senior and experienced member comment on this ?

Did any file any legal case ? Complaint to consumer forum?

Don't even bother giving them a single rupee more.
    File a case against them.
    From what I know they are not allowed to increase area just like that. You will need to get the approval plans for when you had bought the apartment, and then if any changes, then they have to ask for your agreement. Plus from what I heard when I had gone for their new project, they cited reason of delay due to ban on groundwater for construction. This is complete fraud, since groundwater was banned since 2001, and they were very well aware of the rules. Just trying to extract money from the buyers on every pretext...typical builder.
    CommentQuote