Dear Friends:

Please advice if it is safe to invest in a plot in NEW palam vihar gurgaon?Is this place a authorized place.
Does any one know the exact rate per Sq-Yd for this location.

Also if Govt is doing registery of a land - can we assume that the same land is safe to invest in.
The only thing which is scary is the Dwarka express way route.No one giving the clear picture that which land is actually getting aquired for this express way.
there is a big chaos in this area and the property dealers are not giving the real picture.

Please advice.
Read more
21 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • An early reply would be highly appreciated friends.
    CommentQuote
  • New Palam Vihar is not an authorized colony . Invest at own risk . Also if u r still desperate to invest there, check & do not buy the land which is getting acquired for the D e way .
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Nikhil81
    An early reply would be highly appreciated friends.

The area hasn't been legalized since way back and people have been holding plots in the area since 2005-2006 in anticipation that it may get legalized one day. With KMP expressway also passing through some areas of NPV, it would be a good idea to avoid it as a lot of demolitions might take place.
    Look out for the DMRC to demarcate the route for Gurgaon-IGI express link as it would pass through certain areas of Old Gurgaon. Maybe it would be a good idea to buy property around those already legal areas.
    CommentQuote
  • Thanks for the reply folks.

But as per the Gurgaon master plan 2021 Most of the area on both sides of dwarka express way is converted into sectors - 99 - 114 (which i believe is a act done by HUDA) and if we leave all the other land of 150mt wide road then apart from it rest should be safe to invest .

Also if the land is not legal how come govt is doing registries there?

Would be happy to receive any comment on this from any member.

Trying to get a valuable advice from the senior members there on forum.

Thanks again looking forward for more responses.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Nikhil81
    Thanks for the reply folks.

But as per the Gurgaon master plan 2021 Most of the area on both sides of dwarka express way is converted into sectors - 99 - 114 (which i believe is a act done by HUDA) and if we leave all the other land of 150mt wide road then apart from it rest should be safe to invest .

Also if the land is not legal how come govt is doing registries there?

Would be happy to receive any comment on this from any member.

Trying to get a valuable advice from the senior members there on forum.

Thanks again looking forward for more responses.

the registrations being done for NPV is of AGRICULTURE LAND TITLE
    CommentQuote
  • My experience in palam vihar

Hi,

I have gone through your query regarding palam vihar........some info from my mind....

In late 2008 two of my friends (jointly) purchased 180 sq yard land in palam vihar a little inside from main road (Rs. 13 lac amount). And which was divided in to two plots (for 2 people); both of them woking in reputed it firm, they purchased this land as end-user, not for investment....after 3 moths it was noticed that land was covered by a big wall (not only that plot near by plots also), the wall was bult by the people from Jarsa village (a small village near by sector 39/40), we approched police but the police were not keen on solving that issue (because my friends were not from harayana), then we directly approched the people who built that wall...they demanded 6 lac...but later we gave 2 lac and solved the issue.....then we were forced to make a house in that plot....now my friends are living that house..So, if you buy a plot then you have to make a house there otherwise you should be a local....

So, the theme of this story is that..if you are not a local (or not influential), don't try to get into truble....Palam vihar is one of the best location in Gurgaon but Land Mafia is strongly present in that area and they are monitoring every transactions in palam vihar area......rearding legalization of that colony, we have to wait till next harayana assembly election, that time there is a little bit chance...otherwise not, Harayana govt not like delhi...

These are my hard experience you can ignore also.....

Thanks and regards,

Note: this story is not related to ANSAL PALAM VIHAR, it is related "new palam vihar"

thomas kk
    CommentQuote
  • I think u r mixing Ansal's Palam Vihar, which is an authorized colony with New Palam Vihar, which is an illegal colony . If u buy in an illegal colony, u might invite all kinds of trouble .
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by tom2011a
    Hi,

I have gone through your query regarding palam vihar........some info from my mind....

In late 2008 two of my friends (jointly) purchased 180 sq yard land in palam vihar a little inside from main road (Rs. 13 lac amount). And which was divided in to two plots (for 2 people); both of them woking in reputed it firm, they purchased this land as end-user, not for investment....after 3 moths it was noticed that land was covered by a big wall (not only that plot near by plots also), the wall was bult by the people from Jarsa village (a small village near by sector 39/40), we approched police but the police were not keen on solving that issue (because my friends were not from harayana), then we directly approched the people who built that wall...they demanded 6 lac...but later we gave 2 lac and solved the issue.....then we were forced to make a house in that plot....now my friends are living that house..So, if you buy a plot then you have to make a house there otherwise you should be a local....

So, the theme of this story is that..if you are not a local (or not influential), don't try to get into truble....Palam vihar is one of the best location in Gurgaon but Land Mafia is strongly present in that area and they are monitoring every transactions in palam vihar area......rearding legalization of that colony, we have to wait till next harayana assembly election, that time there is a little bit chance...otherwise not, Harayana govt not like delhi...

These are my hard experience you can ignore also.....

Thanks and regards,

thomas kk

Palam Vihar one of the best in Gurgaon ?? You must be either kidding or you are not originally from Gurgaon. Yes, the area is not bad in terms of construction and houses are better than what you get in HUDA sectors (because of newer construction). But crime wise it is one of the worst in Gurgaon. After 7-8 pm you wouldn't see too many people on the roads and the streets wear a deserted look. Worst is means of transportation for that area. Only practical conveyance you have is your own vehicle.
    Secondly, the construction rule is enforced by the government for all HUDA sectors.
    Above all, Palam Vihar is not the same as new Palam Vihar. New Palam Vihar is primarily farming area and has not been legalized for housing purposes.
    CommentQuote
  • Palam vihar is a great colony

I am originally from Ggn and an end user. I think Palam Vihar is a beautiful colony - more peaceful and beautifully laid out than any other colony in Ggn. The air is fresh and greenry and landscape makes you feel that you are away from the maddening crowds of NCR.

The Bungalows in PV compete with any in the best of neighborhoods in NCR. The people living there include a large number of Ex Army officers. Now there are two major hospitals in the area and malls.

The only issue used to be was connectivity - which is being solved with NPR and the new Metro connection from Airport to IFFCO chonk. The Tuktuk and the other auto service also have changed the landscape.

If you can afford Palam Vihar - 70K/Yard why would you not be able to afford a car?

I agree that the roads could be better - but there is work being done on that.

Let us be honest - where is crime any less. Even in GK people don't walk on the streets after dark in winter. Not saying that things need not improve.

PV is a great place to live (IMHO) if you are not mad about living in a market place or right in front of a highway.
    CommentQuote
  • Yes, i almost agree with vinay. It is a decent place to stay . I visit it quite often, a friend stays in Ansal's Palam Vihar . It has some issues, but almost all places have some . The major present negative being the connectivity, as i said in some thread, earlier on & as also said by vinays .
    CommentQuote
    1 Comments
    • himanibnl092 years ago
      Is there any problem regarding quality of water
  • Originally Posted by vinays
    I am originally from Ggn and an end user. I think Palam Vihar is a beautiful colony - more peaceful and beautifully laid out than any other colony in Ggn. The air is fresh and greenry and landscape makes you feel that you are away from the maddening crowds of NCR.

The Bungalows in PV compete with any in the best of neighborhoods in NCR. The people living there include a large number of Ex Army officers. Now there are two major hospitals in the area and malls.

The only issue used to be was connectivity - which is being solved with NPR and the new Metro connection from Airport to IFFCO chonk. The Tuktuk and the other auto service also have changed the landscape.

If you can afford Palam Vihar - 70K/Yard why would you not be able to afford a car?

I agree that the roads could be better - but there is work being done on that.

Let us be honest - where is crime any less. Even in GK people don't walk on the streets after dark in winter. Not saying that things need not improve.

PV is a great place to live (IMHO) if you are not mad about living in a market place or right in front of a highway.

Vinay, though I agree with you on some points that it is a beautiful colony with pretty houses but I also beg to differ on a lot of other points. I grew up in South Delhi and family's been an end user in Gurgaon since decades. I have seen Gurgaon developing in front of my eyes, especially DLF and Palam Vihar. So, I can safely say about both GK and Palam Vihar that difference is night and day. In GK, South Ex or Def col you can walk in and out at any time of night. Palam Vihar is one of the crime hubs of Gurgaon. I am not saying that they are murders or kidnappings. But yes, in petty crimes like chain snatching, robberies, vehicle thefts etc. Palam Vihar leads all of Gurgaon. In years nothing major has been done to improve it's connectivity with other parts of Gurgaon. In my opinion, it's cons outweigh it's pros but again it is just my perception and I mean no offense to anyone.
    CommentQuote
  • Misleading??? It was about NEW PALAM VIHAR

Hi friends,

Sorry for misleading you....I was not talking about Ansal Palam vihar...as everybody knows it is one of the best location in NCR, this area rate per sq is not less AND INVESTMENT OPTION IS ALSO RARE.....

But I was talking about new palam vihar (NEAR DHARAM COLONY) and its adj area.........but the user was asking about new palam vihar.. I hope, there plots are available in cheap rate.......

But as per newspaper reports and hariyana sports minister quote: new palam vihar and certain portion of ashok vihar is under govt consideration for approval....I don't know how much time it will take....
    CommentQuote
  • Bhai logo here is my take

If there is population buy it blindly - risk to hai but what ever experience I have I know that agar population hai to govt kabhi nahi demolish karegi - yaar votes ka sawal hai.

want examples - look around 3000 plus colonies in delhi.

I spent my weekend in my friends house in Krishna park Deoli in South Delhi. Was amazed - you can walk out 2 o clock in morning and guess what you can still find people on the road - yes there are short comings like no greenery - cramped roads, water problem but who cares - the prices go up thus you make money on your investment - the moment house is built renters queue up so nice yield - arre om vihar ho ya new palam vihar sab ke prices uppar he jaani hai.

However my personal pick - Om vihar which is right next to Uttam nagar Metro station :D

Rohit
    CommentQuote
  • If u have the money to risk & can afford to loose a big packet without blinking an eyelid or u r so desperate that u can try anything, risk anything, then only go for unauthorized colonies .

Better to be safe than sorry .
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by MANOJa
    If u have the money to risk & can afford to loose a big packet without blinking an eyelid or u r so desperate that u can try anything, risk anything, then only go for unauthorized colonies .

Better to be safe than sorry .

LOL,

Risking crores on Unitech Grande - or Millions on DLF NTH - Or Buying plots where no human being is to be seen for 15 years -

I would bet my money where I see people living than on the dreams.

Just to remind the challenge is still open and btw - copper did what I said in open forum.

People should "Prove" themselves before saying a word.

Rohit
    CommentQuote