Some food for thought ( Comments r welcome )-

CM Hooda is guilty of bad Gurgaon infrastruture (none / 0) (#1)
by naresh6 on Sat Mar 12, 2011 at 01:16:06 AM EST
Haryana CM Mr Hooda can pat himself & his "take it or leave it attitude" for Gurgaon for much faster development of NOIDA vis-a-vis Gurgaon.In 21st century Gurgaon is the only city in the world where infrastructure (sewage/roads/rain water drains etc)is developed after construction of buildings and in habitation.
on taking charge from Mr Chautala about 8 years back Mr Hooda declared that now onwards in place of Gurgaon less developed cities like his constituency Rohtak etc shall be developed.People thought that it is a political talk to please his constituency.But he acted according to what he said unmindful of consequences of his TUGHLAKI and narrow minded selfish approach by stopping Gurgaon development thus working against the broader interests of nation to portray Gurgaon as millenium city .During this period Gurgaon has become unlivable due to horrible infrastructure inspite of construction of impressive residential and commercial buildings built by developers.
Haryana govt's unfulfilled promises/assurances for providing suitable wide roads /electricity/water supply/sewage has resulted in hellish living conditions in Gurgaon.
Moreover Hooda govt closed its eyes to rampant mushrooming of illegal colonies even in sensitive locations like Ammunition depot and many many more to benefit its land mafias.
NHAI is another enemy of Gurgaon NAHI's lack of vision adds gigantic traffic woes of
gurgaon which foolishly are being tried to be solved by traffic management by police alone.
NHAI while not allowing opening of Udyog Vihar road service road did not provide underpasses at any of bastis/villages on express way thus adding to traffic woes of Gurgaon beside tormenting loacls of Gurgaon.
For few votes roads can be allowed to be built narrow or can be diverted e.g. when you come from Kapashera (old Delhi gurgaon road) to Gurgaon ;road becomes extremely narrow as it enters Gurgaon .
In alliance with Delhi govt link roads to Delhi e.g. Samalkha/Kapashera farm house side roads etc are being DELIBERATELY left in bad condition so that people are forced to used Toll road to benefit Toll contractor immensely.
There are many more issues but it is already very long.

Haryana govt not developing Gurgao infrastructure (none / 0) (#1)
by naresh6 on Mon Mar 14, 2011 at 07:29:26 AM EST
Dear MS Tanushree,
Obliquely your report seems to exonerates corrupt Haryana govt machinery.For the inclusive reporting you should have contacted at least reputed builders like DLF/Unitech etc to find that how many years it takes to get all the necessary approvals(ONLY after paying hefty bribes also) from countless corruption dens of Haryana govt;viz ministers,HUDA, DTCP, Environment deptt being only few of them in residential locations approved in master plan 2025.

Hundreds of billions of Rupees of hard earned money of unsuspecting young indians aspiring for one dwelling unit in Gurgaon is drained in projects where no iota of infrastructure viz. sewage,rain water drainage,roads ,drinking water, electricity etc is provided by govt.It can happen only in India/Gurgaon.

I understand your compulsions being answerable to owners of press.I recall how one very well intentioned TOI young reporter MS Sumi Sukanya visited me about 4-5 years back whom I showed rampant illegal encroachments and un authorised constructions surrounding Ammunition depot area .But accompanying photographer was equally unhelpful and declined to take photographs of area.I briefed Sumi in detail about these encroachments which started ONLY after Mr Hooda took over as CM from Mr Chautala in the area which is shown as green in the master plan approved by Hooda govt itself..
I waited in vain for couple of days that perhaps TOI will publish report on Ammunition depot encroachments but it never happened.May be Sumi's boss would have not approved of such write up as it may enrage Haryana rulers.

UNLIVABLE GURGAON (none / 0) (#1)
by naresh6 on Mon Mar 14, 2011 at 07:41:49 AM EST
Environment deptts have become simply bribe takers for their nuisance value particularly in Gurgaon and all over India in general.Jairam Ramesh at centre with his approach of "show me the face and I will tell you the rule" (to extract moolah for UPA) has added fire to fuel and degraded the word "Environment".
Infact CEC on Aravalis since begining is acting like another arm of rulers as does monopolistic media ( with Rare exception of mediamen like Arnab Goswami) .CEC was never against mining and commercial institutes /farm houses / buildings of mighty ones .It was selectively against one residential colony middle class lawfully sanctioned by Haryana govt namely "Kant Enclave" for reasons best known to CEC.
Stone mining definitely should not be allowed once SC has banned it but are the following not more burning issues (atleast equally) needing attention? :

CM Hooda has acted far worse than terrorist while scuttling infrastructure of Gurgaon and allowing mushrooming of illegal colonies like Ammunition Depot area etc(bereft of sewage/rain water drains/drinking water/proper roads/parks/hospital/other utilities:POORS dont need all this???) by congi land mafia with an eye to LEVERAGE their VOTE BANK with pre election regularisation -the old congi tool.
Haryana CM Mr Hooda can pat himself & his "take it or leave it attitude" for Gurgaon for much faster development of NOIDA vis-a-vis Gurgaon.
In 21st century Gurgaon is the only city in the world where infrastructure (sewage/roads/rain water drains etc)is developed after construction of buildings and in habitation in loactions approved by its master paln and concerned govt agencies.Billions of Rupees of young unsuspecting hard working indians have gone into drains in countless such apartments.It is bluff and cheating due to false promises and inaction of corrupt Haryana govt for not providing sewage/rain water drains/roads etc in the so called New Gurgaon area.

On taking charge from Mr Chautala about 8 years back Mr Hooda declared that now onwards in place of Gurgaon less developed cities like his constituency Rohtak etc shall be developed.People like me thought that it is a political talk to please his constituency as Hooda is an educated man and will be logical.But he acted according to what he said unmindful of consequences of his TUGHLAKI and narrow minded selfish approach by stopping Gurgaon development thus working against the broader interests of nation to portray Gurgaon as millenium city .During this period Gurgaon has become unlivable due to horrible infrastructure inspite of construction of impressive residential and commercial buildings built by developers.
Haryana govt's unfulfilled promises/assurances for providing suitable wide roads /electricity/water supply/sewage has resulted in hellish living conditions in Gurgaon.
Moreover Hooda govt closed its eyes to rampant mushrooming of illegal colonies even in sensitive locations like Ammunition depot and many many more to benefit its land mafias.
NHAI is another enemy of Gurgaon NHAI's lack of vision adds gigantic traffic woes of gurgaon which foolishly are being tried to be solved by traffic management by police alone.
NHAI while not allowing opening of Udyog Vihar service road did not provide underpasses at any of bastis/villages on express way thus adding to traffic woes of Gurgaon beside tormenting locals of Gurgaon.
For few votes roads can be allowed to be built narrow or can be diverted e.g. when you come from Kapashera (old Delhi Gurgaon road) to Gurgaon ;road becomes extremely narrow as it enters Gurgaon .
In alliance with Delhi govt link roads to Delhi e.g. Samalkha/Kapashera farm house side roads etc are being DELIBERATELY left in bad condition so that people are forced to used Toll road to benefit Toll contractor immensely.
There are many more issues but it is already very long.Like:

public transport(mini buses) from Palam Vihar/Sector 23/22 to Metro stations of Dwarka sector 21 and IFFCO Chowk - needed at an interval of 5/10 minutes.
Roads are needed to be widened towards Dwarka .Farm houses roads in Delhi/gurgaon need to be widened at least four times.Autos must be allowed to ply from Gurgaon to Dwarka.what type of state govt are Delhi /Haryana who swear by COMMON MAN but leave no stone unturned to harass them with their anti people laws.
Read more
1116 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • If so many issues with gurgaon then why gurgaon prices daily increasing???

I think all people who have black money are investing in Gurgaon.

All India problem can be resolved by just looking all recent home deals in Gurgaon.

I m quite sure Income tax department will get lot of tax if they will put raid all the people in gurgaon who has done home deals in gurgaon.

As per my observation each broker in gurgaon ask to give 90% black money for home purchase. No flat and house less than 90 lakhs in gurgaon without any infrastructure.

in 90 lakh home deal you will have to give 70 lakh in black money.

What government is doing here??

what income tax department is doing here??

what parnab mukherjee is doing here???
    CommentQuote
  • DLF to appeal against Gurgaon SEZ demolition

DLF to appeal against Gurgaon SEZ demolition

Realty major DLF has decided to approach the Supreme Court against a Punjab and Haryana High Court verdict ordering demolition of the special economic zone in Gurgaon that houses several large information technology firms.

Read more at:
    DLF to appeal in Gurgaon case - Rediff.com Business
    CommentQuote
  • Things will get worse going forward.. since congress has maximum black money and they are not interested in checking it... I hope the civil movement from the likes of Anna Hajare,Swami Ramdev ,Kiran Bedi , Arvind Kejriwal can only make some difference in the lifes of poor middle class of india

I was listening one discussion there it was proposed to recall currency and only print small notes like 10,20 which will put some check on black money practise...

Originally Posted by KB_may2010
    If so many issues with gurgaon then why gurgaon prices daily increasing???

I think all people who have black money are investing in gurgaon.

All india problem can be resolved by just looking all recent home deals in Gurgaon.

I m quite sure Income tax department will get lot of tax if they will put raid all the people in gurgaon who has done home deals in gurgaon.

As per my observation each broker in gurgaon ask to give 90% black money for home purchase. No flat and house less than 90 lakhs in gurgaon without any infrastructure.

in 90 lakh home deal you will have to give 70 lakh in black money.

What government is doing here??

what income tax department is doing here??

what parnab mukherjee is doing here???
    CommentQuote
  • manu Bhai, what u say is very correct, but as long as we have corrupt politicians getting elected & ruling the roost, i don't foresee any solutions, in the near future :bab (38):.
    CommentQuote
  • I agree with you.. only hope is if we get some alternative party.. I am eagerly waiting for Bharat Swabhiman party to be launched in June.. That can be a Game changer in Indian politics..

Originally Posted by MANOJa
    manu Bhai, what u say is very correct, but as long as we have corrupt politicians getting elected & ruling the roost, i don't foresee any solutions, in the near future :bab (38):.
    CommentQuote
  • I have almost no faith left in any of the political parties . Let's wait & see, what difference does this one make . Keeping my fingers crossed .
    CommentQuote
  • I also share the same sentiment.. Only thing left is hope :) ..otherwise we already are screwed up anyways..

Originally Posted by MANOJa
    I have almost no faith left in any of the political parties . Let's wait & see, what difference does this one make . Keeping my fingers crossed .
    CommentQuote
  • Yes, very rightly said, we all can just HOPE .

If you hope against hope, you hope for something even though there is little or no chance of your wish being fulfilled.

Originally Posted by manu813
    I also share the same sentiment.. Only thing left is hope :) ..otherwise we already are screwed up anyways..
    CommentQuote
  • Sanitation Goes For A Toss In MCG Areas

Rekha Kumar pays Rs 30 per month to someone who collects garbage from her Patel Nagar house every day. This person is not an employee of the Municipal Corporation of Gurgaon (MCG).

All the residents of Patel Nagar employ the same method to dispose of garbage, despite the fact that the colony comes under the MCG.
    The corporation has given the tender for door-to-door collection of garbage to Anthony Waste, a private concessionaire. But as its employees never turn up the residents end up hiring people on their own.

"Since no one from Anthony Waste comes to collect the garbage, we have employed boys to do the same. We pay them on a monthly basis," says Hemant Kumar, a resident of New Colony, which also comes under MCG.

There are 54 villages and several urban localities like New Colony, Laxman Vihar, Ashok Vihar, Mianwali Colony, Rajiv Nagar, Gandhi Nagar and Rajender Park come under the municipal corporation.

Those living in the MCG areas have been raising the issue of the poor system of garbage collection and disposal.

"We have never seen MCG or Anthony Waste vehicles," says Kumar. People living in villages face a somewhat similar problem.

Here, people dispose off garbage at designated sites from where employees of the corporation are supposed to transfer it to the solid waste management plant at Bandhwari. But that also does not happen regularly.

"Huge piles of garbage lie unattended at vacant places in and around the village," said Rambir Singh, a resident of Narsinghpur, which comes under the MCG.

"We have been trying our best to dispose of garbage regularly. We have no idea about garbage lying unattended," said Shalu Pathak, senior manager, Anthony Waste, Gurgaon chapter.

"The corporation pays Rs 600 to Anthony Waste for each ton of garbage deposited at Bandhwari," he added.

A high level meeting was held in August last year to finalise the arrangements for solid waste management. However, the core issue of proper and regular disposing of garbage not yet been addressed.

"The contract has been allotted recently and so there is possibility of some lacuna. However, action will be taken, only after I get the complaints confirmed from my own staff. I will seek actual report from the concerned agency," said VK Thapar, chief medical officer, MCG.

Source: Hindustan Times

---------------------------------------------------

The same old story of bad infrastructure, equally bad maintenance, no proper method of solid waste management is being repeated too often .

Would there be an end to all this ? When can we expect to see things changing for the better ?
    CommentQuote
    1 Comments
    • phoolen1 years ago
      yes I think you are right
  • Residents irked by roads, water shortage

For residents of municipal ward no 29 and 30, Gurgaon is more like an urban village than a Millennium City. Residents of Sector 45, Jalvayu Vihar, Silokhra, South City-1 and Greenwood City complain that they have been living without basic amenities for the past many years despite lodgin

g several complaints before authorities.
    Sector 45 is more than 10 years old and still does not have proper internal road connectivity and water supply. “A 400-kl water tank was built for the colony which does not get canal water,” said Sanjeev K Saxena, a resident. Similarly, South City-1 and Silokhra lack proper road connectivity, street lighting, sewer connectivity, sanitation and green areas.

President of the Jalvayu Vihar RWA said, “The construction of a road in front of our complex is pending for over a year. Our second entry and exit point is also blocked by vehicles parked on either side of the road.” On the other hand, candidates fighting the coming elections of the Municipal Corporation of Gurgaon (MCG) are coming up with many promises.

The priority for Rajbala Sharma, independent candidate from ward no 29, is to ensure basic amenities in the area. “My ward has endless issues and it will be my responsibility to provide them with solutions.” Nisha Singh, an independent candidate from ward no 30, said, “I will pursue an inclusive and all round development of rural and urban areas both.”

Residents irked by roads, water shortage - Hindustan Times

-------------------------------------------

Same/similar issues, different Sectors . When do we see an end to this ?
    CommentQuote
  • LACK OF PUBLIC TRANSPORT MAKES LIFE MISERABLE

With bus services confined to select routes, overcharging autos and overcrowded six-sitters commuting has become a challenge for residents.

The rapidly growing mega city of Gurgaon is known for high rises and big malls. While the city planners work overtime on building infrastructures, public transport does not seem to figure prominently in their scheme of things. The result is that transport system remained as neglected an area as ever. Consequently, residents face enormous inconvenience commuting in the city. Palam Vihar is one such area where the residents have been complaining of dearth of transport for quite some time now. While bus services in the area are few and far between, even auto rickshaws and taxies are not easily available.

The residents of Palam Vihar have made several representations to the authorities for streamlining the transport system in the area but so far nothing has come of it. Every time they received hollow assurances and the problem remained unsolved.

Commuting to Gurgaon has become a major hassle for the residents of Palam Vihar. And during wee hours the buses, taxies, autos and six-seater auto rickshaws do not ply in Palam Vihar. B K Sabhlok, a senior citizen who happens to be president of Federation of Palam Vihar RWA, told Cityplus, "It feels suffocating as I have to think twice before going outside Palam Vihar with no transport facilities for senior citizens."

"There are six-seater auto-rickshaws, but they ply along select areas and during peak hours these rickshaws are so overcrowded that it is not easy for a senior citizen like me to even clamber on them. Girls and women too face similar problem travelling in these auto rickshaws," he added.
    Public transport is a lifeline for any city. In the absence of a proper public transport system, Palam Vihar and DLF residents are feeling as though their lives have come to a standstill.

Another resident, Surbhi Sinha said, "Commuting to Rajiv Chowk from Palam Vihar is like a daily challenge for me. I have to change at least three six-seater auto rickshaws before taking a cycle rickshaw to reach to my destination."

As for the auto rickshaws, she says they often overcharge for short distances and commuters have no option but to meet their unrealistic demand especially during wee hours. Bus service too is no better. She said a few private buses are run by private contractors. Their number is quite less in proportion to the population of the city. Moreover, since they ferry on select routes, they are of no use for most of the commuters. Economically weaker section (EWS) in Gurgaon is the hard hit by the transport woes as these hapless people have to spend major chunk of their earning on transport. Resultant, a large number of people are dependent on personal vehicles which in turn add to vehicular traffic on the roads and air pollution.

It's time the Haryana Government took necessary measures to resolve issue of public transport for the residents of Gurgoan.

Lack of public transport makes life miserable

-------------------------------------------

The sad saga continues . Hope the authorities will wake up to the problem & the issue doesn't remain neglected for ever .
    CommentQuote
  • PALAM VIHAR ROADS, A PERFECT PICTURE OF HUMAN NEGLECT

All the four entrance roads to Palam Vihar are in a state of shambles.

The first road that runs from Gurgaon bus stand is the worst affected. The entrance road towards HUDA Sector 21, 22 and 23 is full of potholes along the way but is left unrepaired. Colonel Maan, a resident of Sector 21 informed, "First impression is the last impression. This holds true for the roads in the area. The entrance roads are in a pathetic condition. I had purchased a car two years ago and within six months its suspension went down due to unconstructed road."

Nitin Yadav, an administrator with HUDA defended his organisation saying, "We have already started working on the damaged roads. Palam Vihar entrance road towards Huda Sector 23 is being repaired and reconstructed and the work will be completed within a few days."

The condition of the second road that runs from Sheetla Mata Mandir Road has gone from bad to worse. Residents are unhappy with the condition of the roads. In Sector 5, Palam Vihar, portions of the road have crater-like potholes.

Encroachment on the pavement is causing traffic jams in peak hours. Nidhi Saxena, a resident said "I have been a regular commuter on the Palam Vihar roads for the past couple of months. It is a horrible experience everyday driving on these roads. These roads were repaired a month back, now they have big patches and it is difficult for to negotiate."

Be careful while driving if you are coming from Brijwasan and want to reach the Chancellor Club in Palam Vihar. The condition of this third road is awful and chances of fatal accidents are more due to skids and bumps.The condition of the fourth road is dreadful. Coming from New Palam Vihar Railway line, this road going towards Palam Vyapar Kendra Market is pathetic.

BS Singh Roha, chief engineer, MCG, has a candid reply, "There were very big holes on this road but now only small holes are left which we had repaired within 7-10 days."

"Hope the authorities will complete their work within a time frame so that the residents of Palam Vihar can walk and drive on the roads hassle free," lamented a resident.

Palam Vihar roads, a perfect picture of human neglect
    CommentQuote
  • hi everybody. this comment is specifically for people like me who do not stay in gurgaon but are interested in gurgaon RE. having read so much about golf course road and golf course extension road on this forum and having heard of so many new launches, i had thought that GCext would be something terrific and some place worthy of adulation for millenium city residents. but alas my first visit to the area was like an anti climax. what u can see on the road is only open streches of land and under construction projects. the road itself is so bumpy and every km u can see a tent pitched to sell u property worth crores. however there is no mention of basic amenities like schools hospitals public transport security etc. and just to market the product well it is called golf course ext, it could have been called extension of any other road including sohna road.
    i can only say that its a long way to go for millenium city to actually EARN that tag.
    all those guys invested in gc ext please dont think that i m trying to devalue ur investments but i m only trying to share my experienxe of 1st visit to that area.
    CommentQuote
  • similar stretch can also be found with the name Noida extension. Not only will u find tents but 15 persons at each tent who will run after your vehicle with the respective project brochures.

god save end user :bab (3)::bab (3)::bab (3):

Originally Posted by ltnikhil
    hi everybody. this comment is specifically for people like me who do not stay in gurgaon but are interested in gurgaon RE. having read so much about golf course road and golf course extension road on this forum and having heard of so many new launches, i had thought that GCext would be something terrific and some place worthy of adulation for millenium city residents. but alas my first visit to the area was like an anti climax. what u can see on the road is only open streches of land and under construction projects. the road itself is so bumpy and every km u can see a tent pitched to sell u property worth crores. however there is no mention of basic amenities like schools hospitals public transport security etc. and just to market the product well it is called golf course ext, it could have been called extension of any other road including sohna road.
    i can only say that its a long way to go for millenium city to actually EARN that tag.
    all those guys invested in gc ext please dont think that i m trying to devalue ur investments but i m only trying to share my experienxe of 1st visit to that area.
    CommentQuote
  • Thirsty Gurgaon bears it again

Ahead of summer, the Haryana Urban Development (Huda) has a shocker for residents of a parched Gurgaon. According to top Huda officials, its reservoirs will be ready by the end of this year. This reservoir will be used to store water from the 800-cusec capacity National Capital Region (NCR) water canal. The canal itself will be ready by the end of this month, while the irrigation department will conduct a trial run in May.

The irrigation department will also shut down the current 150 cusec Gurgaon water canal in May. After this water supply will be channelised to the NCR canal. However, this move will not result in increase in water supply capability. One of the reasons is that the end points of the NCR canal are not connected with higher-capacity reservoirs, which Huda was supposed to build and operate on time.

According to the Huda administrator, the proposed reservoirs for the NCR canal will be set up in two phases. “One reservoir will be built by the end of this year, while another be ready by December 2012.”

Moreover, the R322-crore NCR canal will be launched only this month-end. “We have one railway overbridge work left at Asoda village in Jhajjar, where we have already constructed the concrete slabs. This will be ready by April 30 and we will conduct trail run of the NCR canal in May, when we will shift water supply from the Gurgaon canal to the new one,” said Ajay Singh Yadav, minister of finance, irrigation, environment and forest, Haryana.

Irrigation officials said the move will not result in increase in water supply, unless the Huda reservoirs are ready. So residents will continue to depend largely on limited supply from the Gurgaon canal, plus other sources such as ground water extraction through borewells.

Last summer too, residents, especially in New Gurgaon colonies such as DLF City, Sushant Lok and Palam Vihar, had to manage with one-two hours of water supply daily. They depended on private tankers that cost at least R500 per household. This year, too, the situation may repeat.

Thirsty Gurgaon bears it again - Hindustan Times

-------------------------------------------------

Brace yourself for the summers . This year also, there is going to be no respite from this problem :bab (38):.
    CommentQuote