We keep blaming the politicians/babus on this forum, now is the time to revolt against them.

Join the CANDLE MARCH on 9th April, saturday, 6pm at Jantar Mantar, CP, New Delhi.

This is our revolution against corruption. Please join and spread this news across.

This is our best chance.

Jai Hind.
Read more
20 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Great initiative . We all must show support to Anna Hazare & try to be present in the maximum possible strength . Numbers can make the biggest dictators, any Govt to kneel down .

Originally Posted by Munish Malhautra
    We keep blaming the politicians/babus on this forum, now is the time to revolt against them.

Join the CANDLE MARCH on 9th April, saturday, 6pm at Jantar Mantar, CP, New Delhi.

This is our revolution against corruption. Please join and spread this news across.

This is our best chance.

Jai Hind.
    CommentQuote
  • Agreed

please just put agreed - if you agree - on this thread. let us have numbers here as well (in the virtual world).
    CommentQuote
  • Guys,

I have already planned for 9th .will try to arrive earlier at 6 pm.
    CommentQuote
  • Invite thru Facebook

Login | Facebook

U can invite your friends thru facebook events.

Jai Hind.
    CommentQuote
  • A mail, i just received ( thought, it's worth sharing ) -

Dear Madams/Sirs,

We are all individually passionate about so many things, like Environment, Infrastructure, Being Green, Education, Health, and the list can be............... endless and these are all major problems severely impacting the Growth and Prosperity of our country to a great extent. We all try to do things differently and engage in a variety of actions trying to make our sincere contribution to society at large but find it difficult to..............move forward.

Over the last couple of months we have seen many glaring examples of deep rooted corruption involving Politicians / Bureaucrats / Ministers / Judges / Police / Corporates etc etc.

Should we allow our Country to be looted by these people?????

With all due respects in a way, I, you, she, he, they - we are all individually corrupt to an extent, even if we don't want to be. We are part of this system, and we can't avoid most of the times. Let's see what are we doing about this?

- We discuss in our drawing rooms, criticize politicians, and the system, enjoy TV debates etc etc
    - We don't vote and let the Bad Politicians govern us. They say that answer to Bad politics is "Good Politics".

Here is a life time opportunity for all of us to make some contribution and just support those who have taken a vow to fight the system from the ground up. Some people got together randomly for a common cause and formed an independent group called India Against Corruption (IAC). I am giving some links below for you to go through. They are supporting Anna Hazare, who has decided to start an indefinite fast unto death from 5th April in Delhi to get the Jan Lokpal Bill passed in the Indian Parliament. Anna Hazare is an old soldier - veteran of 1965 IndoPak War. You can get lot of details about this bill on the Web site.

The first event in this series was held on 26th March as Dandi March 2 in Bangalore and several other cities, not only in India but also in some other countries. The number of people is very small at the moment, as we are all very busy in our daily chores. 200 300 people are supporting Annas Fast Unto Death at Jantar Mantar, Delhi.

This is very insignificant number and no Government or Administration will pay any attention to couple of hundred people going on the road to protest. But the good thing is that it is spreading like wildfire now across the world. It is only when there are millions of people showing support for this cause and just vow to fight in their own way, that any Govt will start worrying. The expectation is not that all of us have to go on the road, but just do something to demonstrate that you care for this and support this cause (if you really believe in this). For example, can you commit for fasting on one day to show that you care? For this to happen, it requires some awareness and a firm belief in ourselves that something can be done. We are not looking for an overnight change, as it has taken us 60 years to reach this stage.

We can't stop the daily corruption around us in a day, month or a year. We have to target the system. Even if we start something now, we are looking at the change in the next 10-15 years, at the minimum. It is an investment for our next generation.

I have tried to get myself educated in this for the last couple of weeks. Also attaching the files for your reference. I don't have answers to lot of questions, but can certainly create some sort of awareness so whoever believes in this cause, can support and we reach a critical mass across the country, to take this movement forward so that no one can take us for granted.

Some links for your reference.

Dandi March 2
    Vote Against Corruption - Voteforindia.org
    India Against Corruption
    twitter.com/janlokpal
    Saaku - We can End Corruption. Yes, WE CAN!

Don't be Spectator of the Change, Be Part of the Change.

IF Not Now, Then When?

Cheers !
    CommentQuote
  • thumbs up manoj.:)
    CommentQuote
  • I support this initiative.
    CommentQuote
  • Well said Manoja......!

We lost one generation in India due to corruption......Unless and until common people come together and participate, we can not get rid of this evil and secure better future for our next generation.

Every sensible Indian must support and take active part in the crusade initiated by Gandhian Anna Ji. JAI HIND...........!
    CommentQuote
  • Really Happy to see this post ..

Finally we are talking about this movement on this forum as well...It is our Last Chance.. Now or Never....

Please, support this movement...
    CommentQuote
  • I will be there... For ourselves and for our kids ....
    CommentQuote
  • Though i'm in US, but i requested my parents to go to Delhi and support Hazare.

I request everyone here please try to go.

Jai Hind!!!
    CommentQuote
  • I strongly support Anna Hazare . I am surely going jantar mantar tomorrow . No matter what happens , we should unite and show the unity in such a way that govt kneels down .

Will be there with my family and bunch of friends too .

Request you all to join the fight against corruption .
    CommentQuote
  • SMS all your friends - make it viral

SMS all your friends - make it viral
    CommentQuote
  • Guys, hats off to all of you who are making this.
    CommentQuote
  • Count me IN.
    CommentQuote