Dear Forum Members,

Never imagined that one day I will be writing this thread. Its definitely not a great feeling to write about how you have been short changed for no fault of yours.

I bought a appt in BPTP Freedom Parklife in 2006 March. By the middle of 2008 almost 90% of the payment was taken by BPTP. However, till today they have failed to deliver the apartment to us. Worst their is no clarity when will they deliver the apartment. Whenever you talk to them they have a standard reply that the appt is ready for possession but the OC hasn't come so far. Since their is a change of guard in Chandigarh from where the OC is released, it will take some more time till the new regime gets settled there.

Besides this I have spoken to few luck owners in the past who have got the possession offered in other towers, there are few surprised that were waiting to be revealed . They are as follows ;-

1. BPTP has put in a fresh demand of approx 1.30 Lakh for the installation of 100% power back up in appt. According to them the BBA was silent on this clause and only mentioned 100% power back in the township not in the appt that you had purchased.

2.They are charging heavy interest on any delay on the payment of installments but are refusing to pay the delayed interest charges on the premise that the delay has happened due to the change in govt norms midway in the course of construction where they had to change the specification of few towers. Even though my tower is not amongst those whose no of floors were reduced from 21 to 18 , I will not get the delayed payment charges.

3. As per BBA they were supposed to deliver the appt within 24 months from the date of construction. As per demand letters that they had sent to me in the past the construction got started in Aug 2006 and with 6 more months of grace period I should have got appt in Feb 2009. There has been a criminal delay of 2 years and no line of sight at the moment by when it will get delivered. I have been paying an emi of 34k for last 3-4 years apart from the rent of equal amount.

With reference to above pointed mentioned above, need your advise on following :-

1. Can builder charge for 100% power back up citing above mentioned clauses.
2. Can builder escape paying the penalty of delaying the possession citing helplessness due to change in govt norms even though my tower was not the one which was effected by the change
3. Is there any one else in the forum who has gone through the same experience and got the right compensation?
Please guide me how to get the right compensation from the builder.

Thanks

Rushil
Read more
Reply
14 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Form a group with the other investors of this project & take the builder to the courts .


    http://www.indianrealestateforum.com/bptp-ltd/t-bptp-complaints-16592.html
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by rushilarora
    Dear Forum Members,

    Never imagined that one day I will be writing this thread. Its definitely not a great feeling to write about how you have been short changed for no fault of yours.

    I bought a appt in BPTP Freedom Parklife in 2006 March. By the middle of 2008 almost 90% of the payment was taken by BPTP. However, till today they have failed to deliver the apartment to us. Worst their is no clarity when will they deliver the apartment. Whenever you talk to them they have a standard reply that the appt is ready for possession but the OC hasn't come so far. Since their is a change of guard in Chandigarh from where the OC is released, it will take some more time till the new regime gets settled there.

    Besides this I have spoken to few luck owners in the past who have got the possession offered in other towers, there are few surprised that were waiting to be revealed . They are as follows ;-

    1. BPTP has put in a fresh demand of approx 1.30 Lakh for the installation of 100% power back up in appt. According to them the BBA was silent on this clause and only mentioned 100% power back in the township not in the appt that you had purchased.

    2.They are charging heavy interest on any delay on the payment of installments but are refusing to pay the delayed interest charges on the premise that the delay has happened due to the change in govt norms midway in the course of construction where they had to change the specification of few towers. Even though my tower is not amongst those whose no of floors were reduced from 21 to 18 , I will not get the delayed payment charges.

    3. As per BBA they were supposed to deliver the appt within 24 months from the date of construction. As per demand letters that they had sent to me in the past the construction got started in Aug 2006 and with 6 more months of grace period I should have got appt in Feb 2009. There has been a criminal delay of 2 years and no line of sight at the moment by when it will get delivered. I have been paying an emi of 34k for last 3-4 years apart from the rent of equal amount.

    With reference to above pointed mentioned above, need your advise on following :-

    1. Can builder charge for 100% power back up citing above mentioned clauses.
    2. Can builder escape paying the penalty of delaying the possession citing helplessness due to change in govt norms even though my tower was not the one which was effected by the change
    3. Is there any one else in the forum who has gone through the same experience and got the right compensation?
    Please guide me how to get the right compensation from the builder.

    Thanks

    Rushil


    You can file RTI with concerned authority ( DTCP ) to know the exact reason for delay in BPTP getting OC . Just for your information , Buyers in New Omaxe height had filed RTI & they came to know that license is delayed because Omaxe has not paid EDC/IDC . Other issues , you cannot do much except if you go to consumer court. You should visit BPTP office & meet Top Management to sort out the issues.....
    CommentQuote
  • Thanks Tinesha...

    My follow ups with their management has fallen to deaf ears SO FAR...I am though trying to look out for some residents who have gone through the same problem and shall take it forward accrdingly
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by rushilarora
    Dear Forum Members,

    Never imagined that one day I will be writing this thread. Its definitely not a great feeling to write about how you have been short changed for no fault of yours.

    I bought a appt in BPTP Freedom Parklife in 2006 March. By the middle of 2008 almost 90% of the payment was taken by BPTP. However, till today they have failed to deliver the apartment to us. Worst their is no clarity when will they deliver the apartment. Whenever you talk to them they have a standard reply that the appt is ready for possession but the OC hasn't come so far. Since their is a change of guard in Chandigarh from where the OC is released, it will take some more time till the new regime gets settled there.

    Besides this I have spoken to few luck owners in the past who have got the possession offered in other towers, there are few surprised that were waiting to be revealed . They are as follows ;-

    1. BPTP has put in a fresh demand of approx 1.30 Lakh for the installation of 100% power back up in appt. According to them the BBA was silent on this clause and only mentioned 100% power back in the township not in the appt that you had purchased.

    2.They are charging heavy interest on any delay on the payment of installments but are refusing to pay the delayed interest charges on the premise that the delay has happened due to the change in govt norms midway in the course of construction where they had to change the specification of few towers. Even though my tower is not amongst those whose no of floors were reduced from 21 to 18 , I will not get the delayed payment charges.

    3. As per BBA they were supposed to deliver the appt within 24 months from the date of construction. As per demand letters that they had sent to me in the past the construction got started in Aug 2006 and with 6 more months of grace period I should have got appt in Feb 2009. There has been a criminal delay of 2 years and no line of sight at the moment by when it will get delivered. I have been paying an emi of 34k for last 3-4 years apart from the rent of equal amount.

    With reference to above pointed mentioned above, need your advise on following :-

    1. Can builder charge for 100% power back up citing above mentioned clauses.
    2. Can builder escape paying the penalty of delaying the possession citing helplessness due to change in govt norms even though my tower was not the one which was effected by the change
    3. Is there any one else in the forum who has gone through the same experience and got the right compensation?
    Please guide me how to get the right compensation from the builder.

    Thanks

    Rushil


    It is the same issue for most of the buyers in BPTP.
    Even I am fedup with them as I have also invested in their Faridabad Project. After number of calls and mails, they didn't responded to the compensation on late possession. When I told them that I am now forced to take legal action, they responded that the compensation will be acknowledge during possession. BPTP is launching new projects while they fail to deliver their existing ones. Pathetic customer support.
    We have now formed a register group by name GFWA and highlighted the issues of various builders to the DC of Faridabad. The same was also discussed with our CM while he visited Fairadabad few weeks back. You can get the details of development in www.myfaridabad.in
    I personally don't advice anyone for investing in BPTP.
    CommentQuote
  • Check this link for more details.

    Jagran - Yahoo! India - News


    Originally Posted by Panky4u
    It is the same issue for most of the buyers in BPTP.
    Even I am fedup with them as I have also invested in their Faridabad Project. After number of calls and mails, they didn't responded to the compensation on late possession. When I told them that I am now forced to take legal action, they responded that the compensation will be acknowledge during possession. BPTP is launching new projects while they fail to deliver their existing ones. Pathetic customer support.
    We have now formed a register group by name GFWA and highlighted the issues of various builders to the DC of Faridabad. The same was also discussed with our CM while he visited Fairadabad few weeks back. You can get the details of development in www.myfaridabad.in
    I personally don't advice anyone for investing in BPTP.
    CommentQuote
  • Builders who r cheats & have malafide intentions will not respond to complaints or issues .

    The best way forward is to form a group of like minded investors & take them to the court ( forming a group lends credibility & effectiveness to yr. voice . Also going to the consumer court as a group is cheaper on yr. pocket & the followup's gets distributed ).


    Originally Posted by rushilarora
    Thanks Tinesha...

    My follow ups with their management has fallen to deaf ears SO FAR...I am though trying to look out for some residents who have gone through the same problem and shall take it forward accrdingly
    CommentQuote
  • Guys,

    Its the same story everywhere - DLF, Unitech, vatika, BPTP, Jaypee etc etc....the list goes on and on....

    These guys have done everything possible to take their clients for a ride and its a pity that people continue to buy even after listening to all these spooky stories............its this repeat buying which gives these companies confidence to commit daylight robbery because they know there is no regulator and clients are willing to get raped over and over again...

    This will not end till the time people decide collectively to stand up and revolt.......and knowing the cowardice our people possess as a nation (today Kasab is being treated like a state guest after killing 100s)....this will never happen and builders will continue to prosper



    Originally Posted by MANOJa
    Builders who r cheats & have malafide intentions will not respond to complaints or issues .

    The best way forward is to form a group of like minded investors & take them to the court ( forming a group lends credibility & effectiveness to yr. voice . Also going to the consumer court as a group is cheaper on yr. pocket & the followup's gets distributed ).
    CommentQuote
  • Well Said...!!



    Originally Posted by vshinde98
    Guys,

    Its the same story everywhere - DLF, Unitech, vatika, BPTP, Jaypee etc etc....the list goes on and on....

    These guys have done everything possible to take their clients for a ride and its a pity that people continue to buy even after listening to all these spooky stories............its this repeat buying which gives these companies confidence to commit daylight robbery because they know there is no regulator and clients are willing to get raped over and over again...

    This will not end till the time people decide collectively to stand up and revolt.......and knowing the cowardice our people possess as a nation (today Kasab is being treated like a state guest after killing 100s)....this will never happen and builders will continue to prosper
    CommentQuote
  • The system is corrupt till top. Some old facts about the nexus

    Tehelka:: Free. Fair. Fearless

    Originally Posted by vshinde98
    Guys,

    Its the same story everywhere - DLF, Unitech, vatika, BPTP, Jaypee etc etc....the list goes on and on....

    These guys have done everything possible to take their clients for a ride and its a pity that people continue to buy even after listening to all these spooky stories............its this repeat buying which gives these companies confidence to commit daylight robbery because they know there is no regulator and clients are willing to get raped over and over again...

    This will not end till the time people decide collectively to stand up and revolt.......and knowing the cowardice our people possess as a nation (today Kasab is being treated like a state guest after killing 100s)....this will never happen and builders will continue to prosper
    CommentQuote
  • Shocked to read this judicial,political and developer's nexus story....

    Really wonder where is it all going to end...


    Originally Posted by Panky4u
    The system is corrupt till top. Some old facts about the nexus

    Tehelka:: Free. Fair. Fearless
    CommentQuote
  • Thanks, for sharing .

    Originally Posted by Panky4u
    Check this link for more details.

    Jagran - Yahoo! India - News
    CommentQuote
  • Havent been able to get reference of people who are affected due BPTP Freedom Park life's delayed possession...

    Waiting to here some more response on this thread



    Originally Posted by rushilarora
    Shocked to read this judicial,political and developer's nexus story....

    Really wonder where is it all going to end...
    CommentQuote
  • Search the web . There r many complaints, along with contact details of the complainants .

    Originally Posted by rushilarora
    Havent been able to get reference of people who are affected due BPTP Freedom Park life's delayed possession...

    Waiting to here some more response on this thread
    CommentQuote
  • Hi ,

    Like Rushil, I also purchased a flat in A tower of Freedom park life. I purchased this flat in 2006 July and till date have no information leave alone commitment on possession date.
    CommentQuote