Message from a Broker
__________________________________________________ _________________

Unitech Launch Floors in Nirvana Country -3 Sec -70 Gurgaon, in 1st week of June.

Tentative Area – 180, 240,360,400 and 500 sqyd.

Cheque Amount – 6lac and 10 lac.

In favour of “Unitech Ltd”.
Read more
2087 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Originally Posted by RituArora
    "The company's net debt has risen to Rs 6,240 crore as of September 30, 2013 from around Rs 6,000 crore in the previous quarter." - economic times , Nov 14, 2013

"Unitech hits seven year low" - business-standard, January 14, 2014

"Unitech to sell two hotels near Delhi, land parcels in southern cities" - TOI , Jan 16, 2014

More bad time for unitech ahead....i hope it completes its pending projects...with some delay of 5-6 yrs..:-(

It seems your resale deal in anthea which you were looking at, didn't materialize. I can understand that sellers may not want to look for hasty exits seeing that construction has commenced and things may only improve from here for better.
    Not sure that you are doing your due diligence post your shortlisting, searches for good deals, negotiations with buyers, understanding transfer process, documentation etc. etc. ??
    CommentQuote
  • Its not like that....the builder is in bad shape for money....it will take long time to get this completed so i shifted myself to other ready to move in option..
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by RituArora
    Its not like that....the builder is in bad shape for money....it will take long time to get this completed so i shifted myself to other ready to move in option..

good to know that. would you mind sharing which property did you buy and what price?
    CommentQuote
  • That’s a sensible decision Ritu. Congrats if you have done the deal. You are investing as an end user so all that make sense.

The pessimistic outlook re Unitech is mostly driven by what comes in the media. Relatively speaking, Unitech is in a difficult situation but we need to look at the big picture. Almost all infrastructure companies are facing problems due to policy paralysis of GoI. To get better understanding of Unitech situation, you have to look at overall balance sheet. Debt itself is not necessarily is a sign of eminent failure of the company. Looking at total assets and liability situation, Unitech is OKAY. Situation will improve only after election which is likely to have a positive outcome.

I don’t want to start a political discussion but BJP has better plans for infrastructure investment so I am hoping that Modi will make a cut this time which will have positive impact on the likes of Unitech.

Finally, we should all take media reports with a pinch of salt. Apart from a small minority, they are all terribly unprofessional, biased, sensationalist, privately run organisations after a quick buck.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by fdinvestor
    That’s a sensible decision Ritu. Congrats if you have done the deal. You are investing as an end user so all that make sense.

The pessimistic outlook re Unitech is mostly driven by what comes in the media. Relatively speaking, Unitech is in a difficult situation but we need to look at the big picture. Almost all infrastructure companies are facing problems due to policy paralysis of GoI. To get better understanding of Unitech situation, you have to look at overall balance sheet. Debt itself is not necessarily is a sign of eminent failure of the company. Looking at total assets and liability situation, Unitech is OKAY. Situation will improve only after election which is likely to have a positive outcome.

I don’t want to start a political discussion but BJP has better plans for infrastructure investment so I am hoping that Modi will make a cut this time which will have positive impact on the likes of Unitech.

Finally, we should all take media reports with a pinch of salt. Apart from a small minority, they are all terribly unprofessional, biased, sensationalist, privately run organisations after a quick buck.

Really !!! Is that your honest opinion about Unitech and that its just a bunch of biased media people who are showing Unitech in a bad light . What about hundreds , if not thousands , of end users - myself included - who have put in their hard earned money since years and are still not getting our homes which were promised years back ? Sir , with due respect , Unitech is truly in a bad financial situation or else why would they not complete projects where the structure of the buildings are ready since years ( Escape , Fresco , Harmony , etc ) and hand over these apartments ? The truth is that they have no money to complete these projects . And for some reason if they do have the money but are choosing to just park our hard earned money ( having collected 95% of the payment due for these apts ) somewhere else and earn interest on it , then it just shows what a corrupt and bad company it is and that no one - end user or investor - should put their money in their projects . And pls dont forget all investors at the end rely on selling to an end user to make money . Once the word truly gets around about their true reputation , then just like Rituji , there will be no end users for their projects as well meaning all investors will also stand to lose their money . Think about it ...
    CommentQuote
  • I agree 100%. Unitech is definitely doing something weird here. Our money isn't going where it's supposed to. Why else would they have not finished construction on all these pending projects.
    it's not just Unitech. People have had similar problems with other big builders like BPTP and Jaypee as well. These "reputed" builders are taking advantage of their investors.
    CommentQuote
  • i also saw unitech's woodstock floors ...because i was looking floor there too. to my surprise the construction quality is also very poor there. Someone told me that floors take very less time to build but unitech took some 6-7 yrs to build these woodstock floors in nirvana 1 and that too with this bad quality. I agree with mehta ji...dont know where are they putting people's hard earned money.
    CommentQuote
  • How come u know... It is for Sec 70 24 acres in which Anthea Falls

Originally Posted by shane13
    This notice is for Southpark

Sent from my Galaxy Note II
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by mgogia2
    How come u know... It is for Sec 70 24 acres in which Anthea Falls

Because I have checked the EC letter from the number mentioned in the notice (2014/21). It clearly mentions residential 'towers' in the details and not floors (attached for your reference).

Moreover, the notice coincided with commencement at USP site whereas, work at Anthea started much before
    CommentQuote
  • There seems to be a flurry of emails from brokers inquiring ... if someone was interested in selling their unit at Anthea..

Can someone please confirm the prevalent premium on 239 sq yd... 1st & 2nd floor ?

Also, anyone recently visited the site.. any update on construction will be appreciated.. Thanks
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Views123
    There seems to be a flurry of emails from brokers inquiring ... if someone was interested in selling their unit at Anthea..

Can someone please confirm the prevalent premium on 239 sq yd... 1st & 2nd floor ?

Also, anyone recently visited the site.. any update on construction will be appreciated.. Thanks

I talked to a broker over the weekend. He told me that the premium is around 8-10 lacs.
    CommentQuote
  • This morning i called Unitech to get an update on the construction status. I was told by a senior manager that the construction has already started and they have plans to complete the project by end of 2015.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by buzzamits
    This morning i called Unitech to get an update on the construction status. I was told by a senior manager that the construction has already started and they have plans to complete the project by end of 2015.

highly suspicious. Some people havent even received a demand yet
    CommentQuote
  • Hi any news or update on anthea ???? I got a mail dat const for south park started, i think dat means dey will delay anthea start further due to lack of funds .....
    CommentQuote
  • This file show anthea under the category "Land development activities in progress" (refer page 10). I know this is nothing new to what we know. Just that they have officially posted this on their website. This was under the category "Yet to start" till the last update (as of Sep-13)

Another point worth noting - they have also included Ivy terraces under the same head as anthea, which was launched much later than anthea.

http://www.unitechgroup.com/pdfs/Operational-update-31dec-2013.pdf
    CommentQuote