Unitech Anthea Floors by Unitech Developers in Sector 70, Gurgaon

Last updated: January 18 2017
2201 | Posts
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re : Unitech Anthea Floors by Unitech Developers in Sector 70, Gurgaon

Originally posted by Ashman View Post
    how premium is linked to log in price ?...i am really confused on pricing when it comes to floors
    Simply because as apartments are sold at BSP+Premium = net rate, for floors premium is on top of the log in price. So if premium is 6-7 lacs, we need to know at what rate the buyer purchased to work out the net rate. Floors are not at BSP but for a total value.
    "Don't let the noise of others' opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition."

Comment

Originally posted by roughrider View Post
      Doing nothing and increasing prices is not helping investors on the resale front. Unitech Walon khetii band karo site Pe aur kaam shuru
      so unfortunate.....

Comment

Unitech eyeing 8m sqft project deliveries ahead, says MD

Unitech 's Managing Director Sanjay Chandra breaks his two and half year long silence and tells CNBC-TV18 about the company's focus on expanding their business and ramping up deliveries. He said their current debt-equity ratio of 4.2 is at a very manageable level and at the moment, they have no plans to raise funds.

Going forward, Chandra is hopeful of delivering 8 million square foot plus projects. "We have got a total of about 40 million square feet under construction, over about 100 different project sites. Our delivery capabilities had reduced. We were delivering about 4 to 5 million square feet a year only. This year onwards we should be able to double that. We will be doing anywhere from 8 million onwards," he explained.

Here is the edited transcript of the interview on CNBC-TV18.

Q: How is Unitech going about its business now?

A: Since the beginning of 2012 we were able to again focus back on expanding our business and ramping up our deliveries. Our balance sheet is in a much better position, in fact it should be one of the best in the industry now.

Q: Let us talk about that balance sheet of yours. What is your debt-equity ratio? What is your debt at? How much cash do you have?

A: Our debt-equity ratio is about 0.42 which is at a very manageable level. Our target was actually to reach 0.6 and we have been able to do much better. Our net debt is about Rs 4,500 crore with the gross at about Rs 5,500 crore. We keep about Rs 1,000 crore of cash in buffer for working capital as well as other obligations and needs.

Q: You said you have about Rs 1,000 crore of cash at all times. That is one of the lessons that you have learned since 2008. But like I was asking you, do you have any plans of reducing debt further?

A: No, I do not think we want to reduce debt levels any further. We are at a very comfortable level. In fact debt from quarter-to-quarter may go up or down marginally.

Q: One of the reasons being attributed for the Unitech stock actually performing well in Street of late, is it going up on the back of a lot of rumours. At one point, you were going to be getting a private equity on-board. Are there any fundraising plans on the anvil?

A: No fundraising planned, no enabling resolution to even do so and no intention to do so. I think we are well-capitalized. We do not want to dilute.

Q: The other market buzz has been that Unitech is going to sell a huge land bank, rumours going up to almost Rs 3,000 acres. Are you looking to sell a large land bank? We have seen you do that in the past when you were trying to capitalize your balance sheet. Are you in the market again?

A: We are not in the market at all. Even in those times, only things which we sold were actually completed assets. For example, we sold a hotel asset or office building. We do not think we need to sell land at all. We can realize much more value out of our land than anyone can pay us.

Q: So you categorically deny all the speculation of you being in the market to sell almost as much as 3,000 acres?

A: As much as even 3 acres.

Q: What is your land bank at? Are you still in 22 cities? Are you going to be reducing that because we are seeing a lot of companies actually consolidate that land bank?

A: We are not reducing any of our land banks in any other markets. We do not have any plans to sell any raw land. We are developing everything which we have and we have been able to launch projects in a lot of new cities. In the last two years we have seen launches in Chennai. We have started launches in Bhopal, Dehradun and Bhubaneswar. We are now in a position that every quarter or two, we can start new projects in every city where we are operating in.

Q: So you are going to be launching a project almost every quarter, in every city that you are in. Let us talk a little bit about the delivery pipeline. Since 2008 when the world was no longer the same, obviously everyone's delivery timeline has gone out of whack. What is your delivery pipeline looking like?

A: We have got a total of about 40 million square feet under construction, over about 100 different project sites. Our delivery capabilities had reduced. We were delivering about 4 to 5 million square feet a year only. This year onwards we should be able to double that. We will be doing anywhere from 8 million onwards.

Q: Aren't you taking too much on your plate then if you are going to delivery about 8-10 million square feet plus and you are launching every quarter in a couple of cities?

A: Our strategy on launches has changed pretty much. In all the markets, we are first getting the approvals and then starting construction before we want to launch a project. So that uncertain part of the delay gets over. Customer gets more confidence and he is de-risked and we get rewarded by a better price because they see the physical activity at the site.

Q: During the slowdown we used to hear a lot about Unihomes. You had made a conscious decision to actually enter affordable housing. Now that the economy is reviving are you still focusing on Unihomes or are you going to return and focus once again on luxury and premium housing?

A: We hoped Unihomes would be a large part of our business. We still continue to do it, but unfortunately we have not been able to do it as well in the National Capital Region (NCR) where we are more visible. We are still doing it very effectively in the smaller cities like Dehradun and Bhopal.

Q: Let us talk on a pan India basis. For perhaps your new investors or those who have already invested, there are a lot of projects which are being delayed for whatever reason. Can you give us an idea at least on the projects that you launched back in 2007-2008? When exactly are they going to be delivered?

A: For projects that were launched up to 2009, we will complete the delivery by mid to end of this year. We have already started handing over a lot of those projects in various markets, be it Noida, Greater Noida or Calcutta and families have started moving in. But, we are handing over tower by tower. So in each of those projects, deliveries have now started.

Q: Are we seeing a revival, especially in the luxury and premium market?

A: For the last one year we have seen the resale values, not our sales per se of products which we were selling last year for Rs 10,000 is today selling at Rs 15,000 and it is all end users, people who are moving in. This market is pretty healthy. So I do not think we expect any downturn. We only expect a steady increase in property values.

Q: Do you think we are going to hit those unrealistic valuations that we did in 2006-07? Is that the kind of revival anticipated?

A: I do not think so and I do not hope so. I think it should be more of a sustained steady growth which is more manageable.

Q: Therefore would your advice be to buy now because if you hold on then you will pay more?

A: Yes, the inflation on construction cost, the replacement of land is not going to be easy overall, for any developer with the whole new land acquisition laws coming up. The existing land becomes much more valuable. So the property prices are not going to get any cheaper.

Q: Let us talk about the commercial market now. What are the rentals looking like? Are you expecting an uptick now that the economy is reviving?

A: We are seeing a rental upliftment, but it is not that substantial. It is 7-8 percent or 10 percent a year at the most. In Gurgaon, the IT rentals are in the range of about Rs 65-70. Noida has taken some of the business away from Gurgaon because they are sub-Rs 40. Calcutta is also about Rs 40.

Q: What about the rentals in the retail market? We have seen the government opening up single-brand retail, multi-brand retail. Have you started getting inquiries as far as that is concerned from various brands?

A: Yes, we are seeing a lot more people coming in. We have not seen them sign transactions yet.

Q: What kind of retinal are you seeing?

A: The average will be about Rs 200 a square feet, but in the good malls people are willing to pay even Rs 350 to be in.

Comment

Originally posted by amit001 View Post
          Unitech 's Managing Director Sanjay Chandra breaks his two and half year long silence and tells CNBC-TV18 about the company's focus on expanding their business and ramping up deliveries. He said their current debt-equity ratio of 4.2 is at a very manageable level and at the moment, they have no plans to raise funds.

Going forward, Chandra is hopeful of delivering 8 million square foot plus projects. "We have got a total of about 40 million square feet under construction, over about 100 different project sites. Our delivery capabilities had reduced. We were delivering about 4 to 5 million square feet a year only. This year onwards we should be able to double that. We will be doing anywhere from 8 million onwards," he explained.
          40 million square feet under construction and if they build at 8 million every year; then it means 5 year minimum to finish the existing projects.

And then when would new launches get finished?

Comment

Originally posted by abc111 View Post
            40 million square feet under construction and if they build at 8 million every year; then it means 5 year minimum to finish the existing projects.

And then when would new launches get finished?
            Good point

Comment

i was comparing the price list of anthea floors at the time of launch in 2011 with the latest available on unitech website.I have attached both in this post for reference.

There are lot of plot areas shown in the latest price list which were not there in the 2011 one.I was wondering have they changes the plot area of some units or these new sizes were launched after the original launch of 2011.

when and will unitech inform the buyer if the plot area of the unit is changed ?

does any1 has the latest master plan of wildflower country where these floors are situated ...i was wondering if there is a change in plan ? ...not sure just wanted to see the plan

anthea-floor-pricelist 1st feb-2013.pdf

Pricelist_290711[1].pdf

Comment

i was comparing the price list of anthea floors at the time of launch in 2011 with the latest available on unitech website.I have attached both in this post for reference.

There are lot of plot areas shown in the latest price list which were not there in the 2011 one.I was wondering have they changes the plot area of some units or these new sizes were launched after the original launch of 2011.

when and will unitech inform the buyer if the plot area of the unit is changed ?

does any1 has the latest master plan of wildflower country where these floors are situated ...i was wondering if there is a change in plan ? ...not sure just wanted to see the plan

[ATTACH]21913[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]21914[/ATTACH]
                I understand Unitech does not have any units available for sale. what is the point of publishing a new price list every now and then? am i missing something?

Comment

Latest Pricelist, effective today
                  Attached Files

Comment

wow ..another steep increase in 15 days...very confused what might be the reason for unitech to revise prices every 15 days ....resale prices have not gone up even by 1 rupee ....whats going on ????

Originally posted by harmeet_delh View Post
                    Latest Pricelist, effective today

Comment

wow ..another steep increase in 15 days...very confused what might be the reason for unitech to revise prices every 15 days ....resale prices have not gone up even by 1 rupee ....whats going on ????
                      I find it surprising that resale is not catching up with revised pricing of Anthea.

Comment

Have any questions or thoughts about this?
                      Working...
                      X