Collapse

Unitech Anthea Floors by Unitech Developers in Sector 70, Gurgaon

Last updated: January 18 2017
2201 | Posts
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re : Unitech Anthea Floors by Unitech Developers in Sector 70, Gurgaon

Bishan bhai _ clearly with limited sources of funding available for reality companies. Developers are not left with too many options b ut to monetize the land bank

DLF has been out rightly selling land and launching mostly plotted development. Unitech has still been launching apartments and floors. When a developer truly become desperate they go all out for launching plots and sell core assets like DLF.

having said that there are no two ways about it that Unitech and all big developers need cash flow and they are nit getting funding as easily as they were getting it an year back

Also all launches have not been at same price.

Southpark was sold at 4900-5000, Floors have been sold at 5400... and there was only a 3 month gap between these 2 projects so any big difference wud not have been justified

As you rightly said Unitech has been able to sell because of descent pricing not very high not very low either. Still I am very surprised with this kind of response

Would love to hear your reply/opinion
    Last edited August 12 2011, 12:33 AM.

Comment

yes agree compeltely on DLF front as they have openly announced it as there scheme of things for near future mainly to take off debt .

On Unitech front , yes its a good thing that they are selling off to clear debt , but am just asking , selling so aggressively , can it be a case of them thinking that cashing in while the market is hot or something like cashing in while UNITECH name still sells as they might be in for it regarding 2G or something ?? Just curious , is this selling spree a cause of worry ?

Originally posted by amit001 View Post
      Bishan bhai _ clearly with limited sources of funding available for reality companies. Developers are not left with too many options b ut to monetize the land bank

DLF has been out rightly selling land and launching mostly plotted development. Unitech has still been launching apartments and floors. When a developer truly become desperate they go all out for launching plots and sell core assets like DLF.

having said that there are no two ways about it that Unitech and all big developers need cash flow and they are nit getting funding as easily as they were getting it an year back

Also all launches have not been at same price.

Southpark was sold at 4900-5000, Floors have been sold at 5400... and there was only a 3 month gap between these 2 projects so any big difference wud not have been justified

As you rightly said Unitech has been able to sell because of descent pricing not very high not very low either

Would love to hear your reply/opinion

Comment

Unitech has also said during last quaterly results that this year the strategy is to monetize the big land bank they have in ggn....

Originally posted by ISHANb View Post
        yes agree compeltely on DLF front as they have openly announced it as there scheme of things for near future mainly to take off debt .

On Unitech front , yes its a good thing that they are selling off to clear debt , but am just asking , selling so aggressively , can it be a case of them thinking that cashing in while the market is hot or something like cashing in while UNITECH name still sells as they might be in for it regarding 2G or something ?? Just curious , is this selling spree a cause of worry ?

Comment

amit/ Ishan,
          amit what u are saying is correct, and lets assume all goes well for unitech...but question is would they be able to deliver so many projects at same time... is there a chance that 5 yrs delivery average time may become 7-8 years//?????

Comment

well , end users shouldn't and generally even dont enter a project at launch of a project !! It generally does take around 4-5 yrs for any developer to complete a project , add a recessionary year to this and it can get extended to 6 yrs .

Not talking about unitech only am talking in general , it is not advisable for end user , although investors can as they arent worried too much or would actually like these delays !
            Last edited January 1 2016, 02:15 PM. Reason: Text formatting.

Comment

I am not advocating unitech...but yes Sandeep there is a possibility of the delay...as an investor i wont mind it too much

I agree with Bishan completely

if by the end of 6 years project value goes 3-4 times..i wont mind my IRR will be astronomical because of staggered payment

Comment

I think the recent development has both good and bad things. Good that Unitech has a plan to come out of the situation and are working aggressively. Reponse is also good so looks like the backing of investors/end users is there.

But there are genuine worries that they shouldn't extend too much that it gets out of control for them. I think for long-term investors/end user who can wait, , it's a win-win situation. It's time when one should only go for CLP and shouldn't think for subvention.

Comment

Originally posted by ISHANb View Post

Its a known fact that 2G scam has little to do with the realty arm of Unitech. Though Chandra is in jail but everyone knows its a political gimmick and HC/SC are apprehensive in giving them bail.
                  Behura and Raja recently said that if the PM and Sibal are openly pointing out in public that there is no loss to the exchequer due to this 2G then why we are in jail??
                  Ansals did very well when both the brothers were behind bars and operating from there (in uphaar cinema disaster case).

Comment

Originally posted by amit001 View Post
                    RS manoj has a point - no body would expect this kind of response in recession in a flat/stagnant market with a fear of recession and meltdown

Even I have been surprised by this kind of response keeping in mind market conditions and unitech issues.

Thats why i was studying this project just to understand and see how much is reality and how much is hype
                    Amit/Manoj,
                    Post your observations, I have revisited my observations. I have now noticed one major point which somehow I was missing. That these floors and Crest view are NOT on SPR (As south Park is). This is a huge difference as that Rd has no direct connection with SPR either. You have to further up towards Badshapur and this Rd will run parallel to SPR .
                    Now I am not bullish on either of these locations. South Park definitely has a huge location advantage.
                    Is every body else clear on this??
                    "Don't let the noise of others' opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition."

Comment

but it will still be close to SPR and will definitely have an advantage

Comment

Have any questions or thoughts about this?
                      Working...
                      X