Message from a Broker
__________________________________________________ _________________

Unitech Launch Floors in Nirvana Country -3 Sec -70 Gurgaon, in 1st week of June.

Tentative Area – 180, 240,360,400 and 500 sqyd.

Cheque Amount – 6lac and 10 lac.

In favour of “Unitech Ltd”.
Read more
2087 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • How do you save on short term capital gain by holding it for min 3 years? Can you pls help in understand.

---------------------------------
    yes as of now plan is to hold it for minimum 3 years to save on short term capital gain..being service class i do not like the funda of cash component....aur agge unitech ne jyada nahi rulaya to aage bhi hold kar lunga.....lets see how things goes on....but definetely it is gud buy considering rates all around gurgaon...... 6-7 K se kam kuch launch hi nahi hota no matter what is the location...
    CommentQuote
  • Chaudhary Sahab

u said u were not intrested on F block at all....can u please share the specific reasons for not being intrested in F Block at all ?

Originally Posted by Chaudhary Sahab
    Hi All,

After 2-3 weeks of fight..finally i finalized a deal on my most desired rate i,e 57.50 lakhs for SF 191 sqyd( non PLC unit in E block).....to be very frank I never thought i will get a non PLC in E block.. below 59.00 lakhs...

I tried atleast 10-12 brokers...but was not geting any thing decent below 60 lakhs..for SF...and 62 lakhs for FF ( for non PLC unit)

most of the people have higher login i,s 54/56 lakhs for SF/FF..so even 6 lakh premium make it 60/62....most of them were asking 8-10 lakh premium...
    one of the genuine broker i met had few decent options...i told him i will not more then 6 lakh premium and looking for unit having minimum login rate i,e 51-52 lakh for SF....he said itna kam login to kafi kam logo ka milega n.... 7 lakh premium se kam koi deal apko milegi nahi..matlab for SF 53+7=60 se kam nahi milegi non PLC unit....i was convinced because koi aachi unit mil hi nahi rahi thi is rate se kam...although F block mai 1-2 option the 59.5 mai..but i was not interested in F-block at all....

but luckily i got a option with 51.4 login (SF non PLC unit)...he was asking 60 lakhs....n usko kahi aur payment karni thi 19 jan tak....i told the broker ki mai 15 din mai payment kar dunga....to banda 58 lakh pe ready hua...phir final meeting pe......maine khich tan ke....use 57.50 mai set kar diya...he was needy to use itni jaldi dusra buyer nahi milta..that for sure...

In my personal opinion..if i am the initial allotee...i would not have sold my unit less then 10 lakh premium login rate of 51.4 lakh...at this point of time....but market hai har tarah ke buyer hai seller hai...

thats why i was asking Cheetu's and NC_gupta arte and login time...

if i comapre NC_gupta loging rate in oct 2011 it was 53.5 + 3 l=56.5 lakhs...i mean even after 15 months i m getting the same kind of property (E block/Non plc/SF) at only 1 lakh premium.....either i am lucky..or i m trapped..it can be one way only...my gut feeling say i am lucky.....

i read this complete thread people were crazy on floors when they were initially launched sprecially 191 sqyd....and ready to pay 2-3 lakh premium in 2-3 month time...and it is natural for some thing which is limited in ggn market( Floors)......at the time of launch of floors i didn't have enough money to login (i,e 18 lakhs)...but in the mean time i earn some handsome profit in another property and able to save 25 lakh..which was required to close this deal.....i am still bullish on Anthea floors...these are cheaper then Crest view and south park in every sense (most imp is 2 BHK in 997 sqft not 1200 sqft)...and more rare in nature (floors) as compare to them...
    I always wanted to own floor..in ggn..but last time ( early 2010) i ended up buying high rise( Uniworld Garden 2)...as most of the floors option i saw last time was not of good quality.(today's and M2K floors)...

P.S.: I own a unit in UG2 end use ke liye li thi..par unitech ne adat kharab kar di aur mujh jaise chote service class ko bhi..invester bana diya.....

Will let u guys once transfer will be done...happy new year
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by asp1607
    How do you save on short term capital gain by holding it for min 3 years? Can you pls help in understand.

---------------------------------
    yes as of now plan is to hold it for minimum 3 years to save on short term capital gain..being service class i do not like the funda of cash component....aur agge unitech ne jyada nahi rulaya to aage bhi hold kar lunga.....lets see how things goes on....but definetely it is gud buy considering rates all around gurgaon...... 6-7 K se kam kuch launch hi nahi hota no matter what is the location...

See every one is aware of short term gain and long term gain in real estate. Selling it with in 3 years after the date of purchase it falls in short term gain ...no way to avoid tax if not accepting cash...

if selling after 3 years you can calculate the indexed increase in your property value and minus it from the premium part, the remaining is your profit that you can reinvest in some other proerty or invest in captal gain bonds...

point to note is above mentioned rule is not only applicable for ready to move in property but also for Under construction property( where you have right to own a house, if not actual house).....

There is confusion in law if you buy some underconstruction property and hold it 6 years and you get the possesion in 4 years...so when did you buy the property initially at that time u had the right to own a house not house, but while selling it u have the actual house which is 2 year old only....i am not sure if long term or short term loan is applied in this case.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Ashman
    Chaudhary Sahab

u said u were not intrested on F block at all....can u please share the specific reasons for not being intrested in F Block at all ?

reason is it is at the last of complete wild flower township and second most imp point is not sure what is going to build on the back side of these floors as its other land...i always prefer the unit where there will be no surprizes in future....you can not even identify what will build there after going on site... also it is very close to wires..i saw these wires in actual on main road facing Crest view/GPL...these are at quite low hight....so better to avoid...
    CommentQuote
  • I think the countdown for 3 years doesn't start from the day of purchasing, rather it starts from the day of possession. Anything less than 3 years from day of possession, falls under 'short team' otherwise long term capital gain. Indexation applies only on long term.

Am I going wrong somewhere?

Rgds

----------------------------
    See every one is aware of short term gain and long term gain in real estate. Selling it with in 3 years after the date of purchase it falls in short term gain ...no way to avoid tax if not accepting cash...

if selling after 3 years you can calculate the indexed increase in your property value and minus it from the premium part, the remaining is your profit that you can reinvest in some other proerty or invest in captal gain bonds...

point to note is above mentioned rule is not only applicable for ready to move in property but also for Under construction property( where you have right to own a house, if not actual house).....

There is confusion in law if you buy some underconstruction property and hold it 6 years and you get the possesion in 4 years...so when did you buy the property initially at that time u had the right to own a house not house, but while selling it u have the actual house which is 2 year old only....i am not sure if long term or short term loan is applied in this case.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by asp1607
    I think the countdown for 3 years doesn't start from the day of purchasing, rather it starts from the day of possession. Anything less than 3 years from day of possession, falls under 'short team' otherwise long term capital gain. Indexation applies only on long term.

Rgds

no you are wrong here there are 3 scenarios and one defination of short/term long term gain

Defination is clear to you

1st scenario is you buy a RTM property and sell it either before 3 years or after 3 years this decides your short tearm long term gain. ( this is what you are saying)

2nd scenario is you buy a UC property and sell it either before 3 years or after 3 years and the status is still UC at the time of selling this decides your short tearm long term gain.

In case if UC property you have the right to own a house not actual house..in this case same income tax laws applies as it is for actual house. In nut shell if you sell it after 3 years after your purcahse and it si still UC you will get long term gain..

3rd scenarios ( which is not very clear to me..consult a gud CA or tax person for this) is buy UC property sell it after 4 years and at the time of selling it is RTM... now at the time of buying you have the right to own a house buy at the time of selling it is a actual house...so you might end up paying short term gain even if you sell it after 4 years after purchasing. As nature of property changes and time frame is not more then 3 years for RTM condition.

Hope it helpsI think the countdown for 3 years doesn't start from the day of purchasing, rather it starts from the day of possession. Anything less than 3 years from day of possession, falls under 'short team' otherwise long term capital gain. Indexation applies only on long term.

Rgds

no you are wrong here there are 3 scenarios and one defination of short/term long term gain

Defination is clear to you

1st scenario is you buy a RTM property and sell it either before 3 years or after 3 years this decides your short tearm long term gain. ( this is what you are saying)

2nd scenario is you buy a UC property and sell it either before 3 years or after 3 years and the status is still UC at the time of selling this decides your short tearm long term gain.

In case if UC property you have the right to own a house not actual house..in this case same income tax laws applies as it is for actual house. In nut shell if you sell it after 3 years after your purcahse and it si still UC you will get long term gain..

3rd scenarios ( which is not very clear to me..consult a gud CA or tax person for this) is buy UC property sell it after 4 years and at the time of selling it is RTM... now at the time of buying you have the right to own a house buy at the time of selling it is a actual house...so you might end up paying short term gain even if you sell it after 4 years after purchasing. As nature of property changes and time frame is not more then 3 years for RTM condition.

Hope it helps
    CommentQuote
  • I wish they would have constructed elevated flyover on the disputed land of SPR
    :P

Hindustan Times :

The Municipal Corporation of Gurgoan (MCG) has planned to construct an elevated corridor along Sohna Road. The civic body has sought feasibility reports from experts for the construction of a 2-km flyover near Badshahpur.

The MCG has floated tenders seeking consultancy services in

order to prepare a techno-economic feasibility report for an elevated corridor on Sohna Road-Southern Peripheral Road (SPR) Crossing near Badshahpur, said a senior MCG official.
    "By January 11, the corporation will select the company which will submit its first feasibility report by February 15," the official said but refused to reveal planned width, length, cost and other details, saying it would be inappropriate without a feasibility report.

However, the official said that the plan is to construct a 2-km elevated road between Vatika City and Badshahpur Market. The new flyover may start from 300-meter behind Sohna Road-SPR Crossing.

The Haryana Urban Development Authority (Huda) and the Haryana Industrial and Infrastructure Development Corporation (HSIIDC) are also involved in the project, said the official.

"The MCG has taken the initiative for the project because a major portion of the proposed corridor is in Badshahpur, which falls under the corporation's jurisdiction," the official said.

Huda has already planned a flyover at Subhash Chowk on Sohna Road and the project is at DPR (detailed project report) stage.

The two flyovers would prove to be a boon for the city as the areas along the Sohna Road are emerging as a bustling commercial hub similar to the MG Road.

The Sohna Master Plan Draft 2031 states the need of flyovers in view of the increasing traffic volume near Cyber City, along the southern peripheral road and Sohna Road due to proper connectivity between Faridabad, Gurgaon and Manesar.
    CommentQuote
  • I am getting lots of emails, sms's and even letters through snail mail that we have investors interested in your unit and would provide with market specified handsome premium.

who is this NRI in India looking for anthea unit and going back in 15 days BTW?The latest sms mentioned about this.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by smart111
    I am getting lots of emails, sms's and even letters through snail mail that we have investors interested in your unit and would provide with market specified handsome premium.
    who is this NRI in India looking for anthea unit and going back in 15 days BTW?The latest sms mentioned about this.

Unitech has sold list of flat owners to brokers . I have full list of owners in my investment in Unitech . This way unitech will get transfer charges & broker get commission . I feel there is no reason to celebrate as unitech properties will take long time to get buyers confidence back..
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by TAggarwal
    Unitech has sold list of flat owners to brokers . I have full list of owners in my investment in Unitech . This way unitech will get transfer charges & broker get commission . I feel there is no reason to celebrate as unitech properties will take long time to get buyers confidence back..

Mr Aggarwal, I am not cheering but highlighting the same fact that you conveyed. Unfortunately the list of the investors has been sold to brokers which means lots of spam mails/letters/sms.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by smart111
    Mr Aggarwal, I am not cheering but highlighting the same fact that you conveyed. Unfortunately the list of the investors has been sold to brokers which means lots of spam mails/letters/sms.

Hardly any resales happening ..was suprised brokers are even quoting units @4-5 lacs premium ..a few cases even lower ...my uncle is trying to sell his unit and he is being offered very low premium
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by amit234
    Hardly any resales happening ..was suprised brokers are even quoting units @4-5 lacs premium ..a few cases even lower ...my uncle is trying to sell his unit and he is being offered very low premium

Can those who have recently involved in resale throw some light on this? I was talking to couple of brokers and they said that apartments in general are doing better than floors. I am surprised.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by rs2507
    Can those who have recently involved in resale throw some light on this? I was talking to couple of brokers and they said that apartments in general are doing better than floors. I am surprised.

Although i was not interested in apartment...but there are very less floors options available less then 63 lakhs in E block...
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Chaudhary Sahab
    Although i was not interested in apartment...but there are very less floors options available less then 63 lakhs in E block...

As I see, as such floor options are limited in comparison to the apartments. So resale should pick here as well.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by rs2507
    As I see, as such floor options are limited in comparison to the apartments. So resale should pick here as well.

Anthea is now overdue for an upside as the premium has been in 4-6 range for a while now. Only people who need money are willing to sell as there are no further demands so whoever can hold is holding on to it.

On the otherside, buyers are also limited as people are a bit scared of Unitech.

As far as apartment vs floors is concerned, as chaudhary sahab highlighted that the number of projects offerring floors are limited & unitech has developed decent floors in the past so it should definatley be a good property to hold for long term (how long...only unitech knows :bab (59):)
    CommentQuote