Hi All,

We are about to purchase a plot (Area -> 360 or 500 sqyd) in Ggn and have finalized certain options, would now like to seek your opinion based on the same. We are taking it as an investment for now and might build a house after 3-4 years.

Vipul World (Rates:45-50K) - Blocks C,D only.
1. Potential for appreciation
2. End User perspective


Rosewood block C (Rates:45-50K)

1. Potential for appreciation
2. End User perspective

Sectors 46 (Rates:55-60K)

1. Potential for appreciation
2. End User perspective


South City (Rates:50-55K)

1. Potential for appreciation
2. End User perspective

Please suggest if you have other option (apart from Vatika in Sector 8.x or DwEway).

Thanks,
R
Read more
Reply
84 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Originally Posted by rajatk

    Please suggest if you have other option (apart from Vatika in Sector 8.x or DwEway).
    R

    Why not on eway or vatika?
    CommentQuote
  • Praveen- Dway is a long story and will be like Sholay. Though movie will be good, but it will take a life time to complete and no body has that much patience. Even sector 8x is also assumed to take 6-7 years minimum to become habitat.

    Rajat- I beleive sector 45/46 are best among the places you have given. It's good for investment. As well as you can go anytime and can start living there. Empty land in these sectors are vanishing and scarcity will for sure benefit in prices. Also, will be safe investment too.

    Also, always heard bad about vipul world plots. Though don't know much about C,D blocks. Will try to find out.
    CommentQuote
  • D e way could turn out to be "Rampur Ke Sholay", u never know or maybe, "Sholay" . Either way, go for it, if u have a huge risk taking appetite & plan to hold it for 6-7 years & + .
    CommentQuote
  • I am also looking at these options but till now Rosewood C block seems to be the best because;
    1) Cheaper (around 45K). Where as sector 8x and Dxway is around 40K which will need ateast 4-5years to be livable.
    2) Gated colony as compared to HUDA sectors, dont know why but to me HUDA sectors seems to be the worst when you talk about security and infra.
    3) Closer areas like Nirvana country 1L, South City II 60K, Mayfield 60K, so 45K seems to have good room for appreciation.
    3) Bang on GCX road, this road is got to be one of the most prime locations of ggn due to high end spec projects coming in.
    4) Smallest plot size in C block is around 350sqyard so bigger and more open houses and floors. Moreover almost all plots are vacant so you can only expect new houses to be constructed with prices shooting up every few months one can only expect quality of construction to be better.
    4) Proposed Metro connectivity (its in master plan 2021). But no idea if that will happen or not.

    Please correct me if i am right or wrong. Valuable inputs needed regarding Rosewood since i am planning to buy a plot very soon.

    Regards,
    Rahul.
    CommentQuote
  • Yes, Rosewood city looks good considering future developments. However, not sure why rates are 45k since its better located than south city 2. Maybe because people are yet to build homes there.



    Originally Posted by rahul88
    I am also looking at these options but till now Rosewood C block seems to be the best because;
    1) Cheaper (around 45K). Where as sector 8x and Dxway is around 40K which will need ateast 4-5years to be livable.
    2) Gated colony as compared to HUDA sectors, dont know why but to me HUDA sectors seems to be the worst when you talk about security and infra.
    3) Closer areas like Nirvana country 1L, South City II 60K, Mayfield 60K, so 45K seems to have good room for appreciation.
    3) Bang on GCX road, this road is got to be one of the most prime locations of ggn due to high end spec projects coming in.
    4) Smallest plot size in C block is around 350sqyard so bigger and more open houses and floors. Moreover almost all plots are vacant so you can only expect new houses to be constructed with prices shooting up every few months one can only expect quality of construction to be better.
    4) Proposed Metro connectivity (its in master plan 2021). But no idea if that will happen or not.

    Please correct me if i am right or wrong. Valuable inputs needed regarding Rosewood since i am planning to buy a plot very soon.

    Regards,
    Rahul.
    CommentQuote
  • Even i am confused about the fact that rates are 45K despite of the fact Rosewood holds better location and can be more premium in future once development starts. Maybe senior members can put some light on the truth.
    CommentQuote
  • Thank you guys. Here is my perspective:

    Private Colonies v/s HUDA Sectors

    Market Rate - 55-60K and Circle Rate of 30K means High colored component in Sec 46 (40-50% that too for a somewhat more expensive asset) against others (Circle rate within 20% of market rate). There are people who prefer HUDA Sectors and then others of the thought that private builders / colonies (like South City / Vipul / Rosewood etc) are better than HUDA owing to gentry / facilities / maintenance / power backup etc and giving examples of how DLF / Unitech have changed Gurgaon.

    Vipul World

    Mixed feedback. Launched in 2005 or so but never really took off - people even returned plots to builder initially and those who bought at 30-32K later in sold off at losses for 25-27K (this is ofcourse before 2009). Now with scarcity of land + development of Sohna Road + price rise in GGN all around, rates are higher by 40-50% than 2009. Currently quoting at 45-50K for good location / blocks (Block C-D) and 40-45K for other blocks / locations. The circle rate is 40K now here (same as Malibu Towne) so not expecting any plot to be quoted below that unless there is some crash. The blocks are scattered and there is a village (though with pucca houses and separate entry) close to couple of blocks and there is space for cremation ground in block F. There are lot of investors now and end users are coming up ( Possession has been given recently) - construction has started in some 10-12 plots in last 6-9 months and its on way to getting inhabited in next 2-3 years. Comparatively lower rate High white component (unless its a transfer case), decent location (sohna road/eldeco mansionz) , couple of good blocks and facilities like power back (rare in gated communities / HUDA) etc are the high points to consider this. BTW there is lot of movement / sale activity happening in here these days and prices are moving up.


    South City - II

    I have limited knowledge on this though its a big and popular colony with 30-40%+ occupancy, greenery and some blocks are nice. Location is decent and people have been staying for sometime. It does not really give a posh look but is surely a good place to seriously consider. No power backup available here and the circle rates are 50K. Apart from transfer cases, there should be sellers willing to accept high cheque. Market rates are usually around 50k+ but some plots in some blocks (H,I etc) are available around 45K as well.


    Rosewood City - Block C

    I am not sure if lot of people have actually seen the place - although the villas and some blocks like D,E are decently inhabited the block C is a sort of jungle as of now with no construction or houses built up there. The location is approachable from GCX road and around 1 KM inside from there. This block would take around 4-5 years to develop and people to start coming in- I guess thats the reason (and very logical as well) for it to be priced around 45K. BTW some plots in D block etc are available at 60K and you can build a house immediately and start living there. Power back is not available here (unlike villas) and there is an EROS mall coming up next to it as well. Not much sale activity happening these days.

    Circle rate is 50,000 but lot of sellers would be transfer cases w/o registry and hence bank loan would be difficult. My assessment is that it can be a great place if people actually start moving here in 3-5 years or else it would not get appreciation it deserves.

    Sector-46

    It is easily the best inhabited and one of the better located places in the options mentioned above. The sector has no village in it (unlike many others) and has fair amount of greenery and has good houses built. The approach is good from anywhere (NH-8, GC, Sohna Road) and is closer to metro station, some prime gurgaon locations like MG road etc. Sector layout is good with parks etc though there is no power backup or gated security here.

    One sore point is the high amount of colored money involved here as described above or else it could have been an easier decision.


    Would welcome the views / opinions of other members here :)

    R
    CommentQuote
  • Hi Rajat, How much upside do you foresee in all these options.

    Personally in dont like Vipul plots due to;
    1) Unorganized development on Sohna road.
    2) Scattered plots
    3) Village
    4) Cremation ground
    5) Approach road not very exciting.

    As per my rating;
    1) Sector 46 (no doubt one of the best sectors at decent price)
    2) Rosewood
    3) South City II
    4) Vipul world
    CommentQuote
  • Guys, I am new to GGN RE, so wondering, could someone tell me that these properties are in which sectors of GGN ?

    1) Rosewood
    2) South City II
    3) Vipul world

    Thanks in advance!




    Originally Posted by rahul88
    Hi Rajat, How much upside do you foresee in all these options.

    Personally in dont like Vipul plots due to;
    1) Unorganized development on Sohna road.
    2) Scattered plots
    3) Village
    4) Cremation ground
    5) Approach road not very exciting.

    As per my rating;
    1) Sector 46 (no doubt one of the best sectors at decent price)
    2) Rosewood
    3) South City II
    4) Vipul world
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by rahul88
    Hi Rajat, How much upside do you foresee in all these options.

    Personally in dont like Vipul plots due to;
    1) Unorganized development on Sohna road.
    2) Scattered plots
    3) Village
    4) Cremation ground
    5) Approach road not very exciting.

    As per my rating;
    1) Sector 46 (no doubt one of the best sectors at decent price)
    2) Rosewood
    3) South City II
    4) Vipul world


    Thanks Rahul - good and sensible inputs. Considering the rates in other parts in ggn and development happening around these areas, I expect around 30% upside in next 2 years and probably 45-50% in 3 years.

    R
    CommentQuote
  • Anuj,

    You will get this info in any gurgaon map. Please find my response below:


    Originally Posted by anuj2703
    Guys, I am new to GGN RE, so wondering, could someone tell me that these properties are in which sectors of GGN ?

    1) Rosewood - Sec 49,50
    2) South City II - Sec 49
    3) Vipul world - Sec 48


    Thanks in advance!

    CommentQuote
  • Thanks very much rajat.

    cheers
    anuj

    Originally Posted by rajatk
    Anuj,

    You will get this info in any gurgaon map. Please find my response below:


    CommentQuote
  • Hi Friends,

    From the poll results and respond to my thread I am getting the following inputs so far:

    1. Sec 46 is emerging as 1st pref destination for end use + investment.
    2. South City perception is overall good
    3. Rosewood City - Some people are ranking it best for investment perhaps because of location.
    4. Vipul World is generating mixed feedback owing to various reasons.

    I would like to hear from you and learn from the experience.

    R
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by anuj2703
    Thanks very much rajat.

    cheers
    anuj



    Anuj you can also try wikimapia to see actual site view. All the sectors and colonies are already tagged, so its very easy to see.

    Anuj you can also try wikimapia to see actual site view. All the sectors and colonies are already tagged, so its very easy to see.
    CommentQuote
  • Any more suggestions guys - what would you recommend?

    The white components should be as high as possible as bank loan would be availed for this property.

    R
    CommentQuote