Hi All,

We are about to purchase a plot (Area -> 360 or 500 sqyd) in Ggn and have finalized certain options, would now like to seek your opinion based on the same. We are taking it as an investment for now and might build a house after 3-4 years.

Vipul World (Rates:45-50K) - Blocks C,D only.
1. Potential for appreciation
2. End User perspective

Rosewood block C (Rates:45-50K)

2. End User perspective

Sectors 46 (Rates:55-60K)

2. End User perspective

South City (Rates:50-55K)

2. End User perspective

Please suggest if you have other option (apart from Vatika in Sector 8.x or DwEway).

Thanks,
R
Read more
84 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Originally Posted by rajatk
    Hi Rahul,

In addition to Rosewood City, you can check Vipul World (plots bw 44-52K depending on location) and even in South City, if you try hard - you may find options for 50-55K (if you are looking for 360/500 sqyd). Are you also checking options in vatika NH-8 etc?

R

Thanks Rajat, out of my personal choice i am not looking at Vatika / NH8 or Vipul world plots. But South City II is a good choice but i tried but couldn't find livable location in 50-55K bracket, i agree Rosewood is not livable currently but few years down the line would a decent place to be.
    Another option which i found good is SL-IV plots but again we are moving further out from main town. New sectors will have good and clean projects but would take many years to develop.

So as per my analysis if you are looking at place which should be livable in another 2years then Rosewood / Sector52 / Vipul World are the only options at decent price. Out of these everyones choice is personal.
    Developed sectors are already very high and SL-IV / Vatika / NH8 plots cannot be livable in this time frame. Should take 4-5years atleast....

Anyways this is my personal opinion and i might be wrong. Please correct me if i am wrong.

Cheers,
    Rahul
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by rahul88
    Thanks Rajat, out of my personal choice i am not looking at Vatika / NH8 or Vipul world plots. But South City II is a good choice but i tried but couldn't find livable location in 50-55K bracket, i agree Rosewood is not livable currently but few years down the line would a decent place to be.
    Another option which i found good is SL-IV plots but again we are moving further out from main town. New sectors will have good and clean projects but would take many years to develop.

So as per my analysis if you are looking at place which should be livable in another 2years then Rosewood / Sector52 / Vipul World are the only options at decent price. Out of these everyones choice is personal.
    Developed sectors are already very high and SL-IV / Vatika / NH8 plots cannot be livable in this time frame. Should take 4-5years atleast....

Anyways this is my personal opinion and i might be wrong. Please correct me if i am wrong.

Cheers,
    Rahul

Good analysis buddy - you are spot on. Just that rosewood might take 3-4 years to become livable.
    CommentQuote
  • Poll results so far...

Here are the results so far - trend is that now we have sector-46 and Sector-52 being voted highest followed by South City-2 and then rosewood. Vipul comes last - interesting..

Real Estate India - Gurgaon - Noida - Delhi - Mumbai - Pune - Chennai - Property Discussion Forum - www.iref.in - View Poll Results

R
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by rajatk
    Good analysis buddy - you are spot on. Just that rosewood might take 3-4 years to become livable.

Yeah maybe 3-4year but i took 2 years because;
    - D block is already almost fully occupied.
    - B block has few villas constructed (500sqyds / 1000sqyds), made by Eros itself.
    - Already inhabited neighbouring areas like South City / Nirvana etc...
    - Construction of builder floors already started in 2plots in Block-C.

Anyways time will tell, we can only guess.... :D
    CommentQuote
  • Was checking with brokers, suddenly i am being quoted rates of 47K+ for plots in Block-C. Is it true or just a brokers games :bab (38):
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by rahul88
    Was checking with brokers, suddenly i am being quoted rates of 47K+ for plots in Block-C. Is it true or just a brokers games :bab (38):

It's a classic broker's game in Gurgaon.

You get in touch with one & he contacts 5 others and they inturn contact others. One of them may have a seller but because 2-3 brokers are involved in the transaction, each keeps 500-1000psy & rates increase by 2000. Thats how the market operates in Gurgaon.
    CommentQuote
  • Hi Everyone - I am new to this forum. But have been on the lookout for a plot since last few months in these areas. My assessment is that South City -2 and developed part of Malibu Town are good areas to invest. Few things that excite me about these areas are -
    a) The gentry is better than most sectors.
    b) Infrastructure is better than HUDA sectors (although there are some issues with Developers).
    c) Very soon there will be lot more impetus on builder floors. We would very soon see G+3 floors with stilt parkings in GRGN. When that starts lot of people to prefer to buy a floor in these localities more than as compared to HUDA sectors.
    I remember, 3-4 years back plot rates were similar in SL1 and Sector -27. But now with lot of builder floors coming up (due to higher plot rates), SL1 rates are atleast 25-40% higher than Sector-27. We would see similar phenomenon in these areas.
    d) Refering to point (a) again - Remember, property prices are always proportional to the kind of people who live there. Even in South Delhi, Lajpat Nagar plot rate is about 3.8-5 L per syd. But right opposite that Defence Colony sells at 7-8L psyd.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by jatin_ncr
    Hi Everyone - I am new to this forum. But have been on the lookout for a plot since last few months in these areas. My assessment is that South City -2 and developed part of Malibu Town are good areas to invest. Few things that excite me about these areas are -
    a) The gentry is better than most sectors.
    b) Infrastructure is better than HUDA sectors (although there are some issues with Developers).
    c) Very soon there will be lot more impetus on builder floors. We would very soon see G+3 floors with stilt parkings in GRGN. When that starts lot of people to prefer to buy a floor in these localities more than as compared to HUDA sectors.
    I remember, 3-4 years back plot rates were similar in SL1 and Sector -27. But now with lot of builder floors coming up (due to higher plot rates), SL1 rates are atleast 25-40% higher than Sector-27. We would see similar phenomenon in these areas.
    d) Refering to point (a) again - Remember, property prices are always proportional to the kind of people who live there. Even in South Delhi, Lajpat Nagar plot rate is about 3.8-5 L per syd. But right opposite that Defence Colony sells at 7-8L psyd.

Exactly my friend, areas developed by private builders will always be at premium compared to HUDA sectors in same locality since they have an edge in terms of maintenance / infra / security etc..... and in a longer term feel good factor which might make them more posh than HUDA sectors.
    CommentQuote
  • To add to what Rahul said, here are the advantages in private sectors-

1) have seen people construct basement + ground + 3 floors above (though the rule doesn't permits that, but in private sectors, there is nobody to check). While in HUDA, you can only construct Basement+G+2

2) Gated complex

3) Better maintenance facilities
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by shivaa
    To add to what Rahul said, here are the advantages in private sectors-

1) have seen people construct basement + ground + 3 floors above (though the rule doesn't permits that, but in private sectors, there is nobody to check). While in HUDA, you can only construct Basement+G+2

2) Gated complex

3) Better maintenance facilities

Hmm.... i am not to sure about your point no. 1. Is it really allowed in private colonies ? As i understand you need to get your map approved from HUDA office before you start construction of your house in any part of Gurgaon, even if you do it without permission you will not get CC on completion.

Was looking at map, Rosewood Block-C has 45feet road as minimum width, how about road width South City II (not on main road but internal roads)....
    CommentQuote
  • Hi Rahul

You can see the same in Malibu towne or rosewood city esp thr 60 sq yd plots. Its not legal/ approved thought

One in private sectors does need a approved map, thats fine. And you may not apply for completion since you will anyways get the power, water, and sewerage connection being a part of society. In individual HUDA house, you wont get a sewerage connection without completion certificate

Thanks

Originally Posted by rahul88
    Hmm.... i am not to sure about your point no. 1. Is it really allowed in private colonies ? As i understand you need to get your map approved from HUDA office before you start construction of your house in any part of Gurgaon, even if you do it without permission you will not get CC on completion.

Was looking at map, Rosewood Block-C has 45feet road as minimum width, how about road width South City II (not on main road but internal roads)....
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by shivaa
    Hi Rahul

You can see the same in Malibu towne or rosewood city esp thr 60 sq yd plots. Its not legal/ approved thought

One in private sectors does need a approved map, thats fine. And you may not apply for completion since you will anyways get the power, water, and sewerage connection being a part of society. In individual HUDA house, you wont get a sewerage connection without completion certificate

Thanks

Won't HUDA demolish if not made as per plans ? The might be managed by private builder but still has to be regulated by HUDA.
    CommentQuote
  • Haven't seen HUDA demolish anything like this.... any plot- private or HUDA's once constructed remains as is :-)

Look at any of the HUDA plots - as per rule, you can only construct 60% on ground, 55% on first, and even lower on 2nd floor.

However, in many buildings, you will see all floors- G, 1st, 2nd constructed to 60% level. that has become more like a regular and accepted feature. However, seeing 3rd floor constructed as well in Malibu town was a surprise even for me

On the flipside, of late, have heard that there may be problem in selling/ buying if its not constructed as per HUDA rules (can't validate the aunthencity of information)
    CommentQuote
  • If that be the case then HUDA now seems to be acting like DDA / MCD in Delhi. With property prices reaching high extracting more area (legally or illegally) is always lucrative for builders like in Delhi.
    So its a win-win situation for both owner and HUDA officials (more heavier pockets :D).......
    CommentQuote
  • Yes, the G+3 is not allowed in GRGN yet. The HUDA building rules apply similarly to private colony & HUDA sectors. The 60 syd houses in Malibu town with G+3 remind me of Lajpat Nagar (New Delhi), where people started constructing the extra floor many years before that was allowed.
    CommentQuote