Hi All,

We are about to purchase a plot (Area -> 360 or 500 sqyd) in Ggn and have finalized certain options, would now like to seek your opinion based on the same. We are taking it as an investment for now and might build a house after 3-4 years.

Vipul World (Rates:45-50K) - Blocks C,D only.
1. Potential for appreciation
2. End User perspective

Rosewood block C (Rates:45-50K)

2. End User perspective

Sectors 46 (Rates:55-60K)

2. End User perspective

South City (Rates:50-55K)

2. End User perspective

Please suggest if you have other option (apart from Vatika in Sector 8.x or DwEway).

Thanks,
R
Read more
84 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Is there any indication that G+3 will be approved in GGN in near future..... otherwise building G+3 without permission will definitely give you sleepless nights.
    Btw I am in a process of starting construction of industrial plot in sector37 and info that i got from people is HUDA is very strict with building compliance norms. They levy very heavy penalties for even minor non-compliances.
    CommentQuote
  • I am not sure when..but there are indications that its likely to happen pretty soon..Infact there was an article on first page of Hindustan Times about 15 days back that HUDA officials are more or less decided on this. One point to decide is to what amount of additional FAR per floor would be permitted. Currently for example its like 60% for ground floor. I would think this is likely to increase by 5-15%. May be if they follow Delhi then i could be 75%!
    CommentQuote
  • Will prices appreciate over a 3 year timeframe

I am looking to invest in land in some of these sectors mentioned on this thread. I wanted to get an opinion if people think this area has potential for appreciation in the 3-5 year term (as against a 9% term deposit interest rate). I keep reading articles and threads on an impending correction and thats been keeping me on the fence for the last week or so.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by shoonye
    I am looking to invest in land in some of these sectors mentioned on this thread. I wanted to get an opinion if people think this area has potential for appreciation in the 3-5 year term (as against a 9% term deposit interest rate). I keep reading articles and threads on an impending correction and thats been keeping me on the fence for the last week or so.

Hi Shoonye, If you are ready for big ticket investment nothing can beat RE market especially plots since they are low on liability (maintenance etc.) and there is nothing which depreciates. RE market in developing areas can give 15to20% ROI in medium term and in long term it could be very high this figure cannot be quantified since it depends on lot of factors like how well the area comes up after development, govt norms etc etc....

I personally feel plots will never see downfall in areas where infra is already in place and inhabited. Look at Delhi so overcrowded and unplanned still demands such high premium compared to GGN, so lot of areas in GGN still need to catch up.
    CommentQuote

Go for it buddy - it may remain stagnant for a while but in 5 year horizon its going to beat 9% rates hands-down. Infact some of these can go up 40% from current values in 3 years...

BTW where exactly are you looking for invest and what size?

R
    CommentQuote
  • HUDA is very strict about 3rd floor development and they woll come and demolish it if you do so. Till date, the total construction could be 150%(Ground + first and second) of the size of the plot and we they allow 3rd floor then they had to ofcourse increase the total construction area. Plots and second floor owners with roof rights would the one to gain from it the most. The approval might happen, but I don't know when.

Now, there are certain colonies in GGN, FBD where floor wise construction is allowed and registry is possible. Some colonies where it isn't would still be able to benefit from it, but they just can't sell the floors individually.

Originally Posted by jatin_ncr
    I am not sure when..but there are indications that its likely to happen pretty soon..Infact there was an article on first page of Hindustan Times about 15 days back that HUDA officials are more or less decided on this. One point to decide is to what amount of additional FAR per floor would be permitted. Currently for example its like 60% for ground floor. I would think this is likely to increase by 5-15%. May be if they follow Delhi then i could be 75%!
    CommentQuote
  • I wonder how would the property appreciate at the 3rd floor if no plans are approved, no CC and you can't get a registry done on it. This also means that there won't be any bank loan on it and this would affect the price. BTW, I have seen HUDA demolishing several 3rd floor construction in GGN and FBD.

Originally Posted by shivaa
    Haven't seen HUDA demolish anything like this.... any plot- private or HUDA's once constructed remains as is :-)

Look at any of the HUDA plots - as per rule, you can only construct 60% on ground, 55% on first, and even lower on 2nd floor.

However, in many buildings, you will see all floors- G, 1st, 2nd constructed to 60% level. that has become more like a regular and accepted feature. However, seeing 3rd floor constructed as well in Malibu town was a surprise even for me

On the flipside, of late, have heard that there may be problem in selling/ buying if its not constructed as per HUDA rules (can't validate the aunthencity of information)
    CommentQuote
  • Broker Commission

Folks - I'm dealing with a broker and before going too far ahead with him I wanted to check if he would charge me a commission. He is asking for 1% of the sale value. However, two friends who bought plots within the last year in Gurgaon told me they did not pay any commission and that the brokerage fees is always paid by the seller (it is implicit in the final sale price). This is my first transaction in this market and guidance on this will be much appreciated.

Rajat - the areas I'm scouting around the Sohna road, GCE area. Specifically....Vipuls world, Uppals Southend, Rosewood City, South City 2, Sector 46, Sushant Lok 2/3. Plot size is 350 sqy but I would be willing to go for a smaller plot (250ish) or something up to 400 if they are good buys. Any call-outs - positives/negatives or just general thoughts on any of these options will be much appreciated. Other areas I should consider?
    CommentQuote
    Folks - I'm dealing with a broker and before going too far ahead with him I wanted to check if he would charge me a commission. He is asking for 1% of the sale value. However, two friends who bought plots within the last year in Gurgaon told me they did not pay any commission and that the brokerage fees is always paid by the seller (it is implicit in the final sale price). This is my first transaction in this market and guidance on this will be much appreciated.

Rajat - the areas I'm scouting around the Sohna road, GCE area. Specifically....Vipuls world, Uppals Southend, Rosewood City, South City 2, Sector 46, Sushant Lok 2/3. Plot size is 350 sqy but I would be willing to go for a smaller plot (250ish) or something up to 400 if they are good buys. Any call-outs - positives/negatives or just general thoughts on any of these options will be much appreciated. Other areas I should consider?

Mate - Lots of +ves, -ves discussed for these areas and you can check the same on this thread... SL-2,3 was not discussed though. People have generally liked Sector 46 and South City 2 here (living + invst)..and rosewood (invst + location)...

R
    CommentQuote
  • After so many months of head banging finally bought plot in Rosewood City :D Block-C. Much relieved of tension now.

Thanks guys for inputs on all fronts.....
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by rahul88
    After so many months of head banging finally bought plot in Rosewood City :D Block-C. Much relieved of tension now.

This is great news man - congratulations !

What's the price you got it at?

R
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by rahul88
    After so many months of head banging finally bought plot in Rosewood City :D Block-C. Much relieved of tension now.

Yaay for you Rahul :D

Can you please PM me the rates at which you bought the plot, I am also looking to invest in a plot in Gurgaon.

Thanks.
    CommentQuote
  • Re:

Rahul,

Congrats! Pls. let us know the price per sqft or sqyd and brokerage paid.
    CommentQuote
  • Hi Rajat,

Could you also pm me the dealer details and also the size and rate you got it at ?

Originally Posted by rajatk
    This is great news man - congratulations !

What's the price you got it at?

R
    CommentQuote
  • Rajat, Rahul88 and all others who have been actively evaluating plot options -- I am seriously evaluating plot in Vipul world between 192 sq yard (in A block, near the school) Vs a bigger plot of 360 sq yard in C/ D/ E blocks of vipul world. Wanted to get your views on the relative locations of A block (near to GD Goenka School) and lots of small plots Vs C&D block -- entry from the 18 mt road leading to Eldeco Mansionz from Sohna road. Due to bigger plots, the C&D blocks look relatively better from gentry perspective while A might have lots of cramped space. Also -- having school nearby (GD Goenka) -- not sure if it is a plus (faster appreciation of the area) or a minus (more hassle value once the school is up).

Need some constructive suggestion -- also, have mostly white component, so looking for a higher white element. Essentially looking at this from an investment perspective and might construct in the next 2 yrs (but will not stay there !!!) for mixed commercial (home office)/ residential use

Let me know your perspective -- Am getting wide variation in rates of 70-75 K for A block and 75-85K for C/D/E blocks. Urgent inputs much appreciated pls.....;) Also, if you have any owner willing to sell, pls put me through.
    CommentQuote