It is interesting to note that what we have been talking about for over a year now is now also ratified by other Industry Experts too. HT Estates covered an article about the top 10 destinations to invest in Indian Real Estate and confirmed Golf Course Extension to be amongst the top 3 destinations to invest in.

So, what makes this specific location the most sought after not only from the city perspective but also from the country’s perspective.

Here is our analysis of this Hot New Destination:

The Golf Course Extn. Road (also called the Southern Periphery Road or SPR) is the road that connects the existing Golf Course Road to the Sohna Road presently, this road is planned to extend and meet the NH-8 near Haldirams. Considering the fact that the existing Golf Course Road is one of the most sought after locations for Premium Housing in Gurgaon and for the Luxury Homes in Gurgaon. Now, there is not much land available on this road, so by default, just like any other city, the next area closest to the CBD becomes the preferred destination and Golf Course Extension Road fits in absolutely well.

Another most important reason is the quality of proposed developments and the quality of developers with large land holdings in this area. Amongst some of the better developers of real estate in India, we have Ireo with major presence on this road, with more than 500 acres of land being with Ireo where the Ireo City is shaping up and smaller chunks with other key developers like Pioneer Urban, Emaar MGF and the likes.

All these developers are only bringing in High Quality Residential Apartments with top of the line features both indoors and outdoors. In our analysis, this area is actually poised to change the epicentre of Gurgaon. The reason is simple and logical, once these new upmarket developments start taking shape, this area is going to become the most sought after residential estate in Gurgaon. Its almost like saying that this area is poised to become what “South Delhi” is for Delhi.

Another interesting fact is that unlike the existing developments of Gurgaon, which were more unplanned, these new sectors along the Golf Course Extension Road are better planned, with earmarked spaces for Commercial, Residential and Retail. Apart from this the road width has been revised for these new sectors and the internal sector roads are now going to be much broader than the existing Dlf or Gurgaon area as we see.
Read more
65 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • I agree that it is over priced, but it will be a posh area to live in 5 years down the line. That what I am saying

Originally Posted by MANOJa
    Gcx. road is over hyped & prices of almost all projects r inflated .

In case of correction, this area could be the first to trip & can fall flat on it's face .

My PoV, many would differ .
    CommentQuote
  • Manoja, if prices fall, Dwarka Ex projects will fall most, followed by NH8 and least fall will be in GCX

I agree with Ishan b, GCX is well located to go on to be the best area in GGN.

People will probably sell their society flats - definitely their Kothis given the situation of solving your own problems everyday on your own - and move into the premium flats of GCX.

Govt roads etc in whole of GGN is anyway pathetic. Roads washed away in last monseen have been left to their fate - now next monsoon is upon us.

GCX is not really low lying - except in heavy rains water will flow in - it is part of the ridge area and has a very low water table. Water woes are going to be maximum in GCX in future.
    CommentQuote
  • Yes, it would be one of the first decent areas ( for people who love concrete jungles surrounding them ) to be ready to live in , but saying that it is going to be the only decent area, would be wrong .

It is going to be a concrete jungle in the next 5 years & for me that is not posh .
    CommentQuote
  • Agree Sir, but still think DLF 1 and similar others will always remain ahead than GCX coz the development which is already there is still proposed in GCX. e.g. by the time metro reaches GCX, if at all, Rapid metro will be running in DLF1.

Originally Posted by amit001
    Singh sir, i agree with ur points

Investments are done in expectation of development, so we are expecting development will happen on gcx as it has happened over the years in DLF and some other areas you have pointed

Dost kabhi DLF phase 1 bhi to GCX ki tarah tha
    CommentQuote
  • The over inflated falls the hardest . The balloon is full of hot air, only a pin prick is required to see it take a crazy down ward trajectory .

........& yes, i agree that Dwarka would fall the hardest, followed by Sector 81 + & NH8, but the extent of overpricing of GCx. road ( premium projects ) could see it's fall in a different league .

Originally Posted by Venkytalks
    Manoja, if prices fall, Dwarka Ex projects will fall most, followed by NH8 and least fall will be in GCX

I agree with Ishan b, GCX is well located to go on to be the best area in GGN.

People will probably sell their society flats - definitely their Kothis given the situation of solving your own problems everyday on your own - and move into the premium flats of GCX.

Govt roads etc in whole of GGN is anyway pathetic. Roads washed away in last monseen have been left to their fate - now next monsoon is upon us.

GCX is not really low lying - except in heavy rains water will flow in - it is part of the ridge area and has a very low water table. Water woes are going to be maximum in GCX in future.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by MANOJa
    The over inflated falls the hardest . The balloon is full of hot air, only a pin prick is required to see it take a crazy down ward trajectory .

........& yes, i agree that Dwarka would fall the hardest, followed by Sector 81 + & NH8, but the extent of overpricing of GCx. road ( premium projects ) could see it's fall in a different league .

I must agree - premium and plots always fall the most
    CommentQuote
  • Let me correct myself, i meant Dwarka E way . Please excuse the typo .

Originally Posted by MANOJa
    The over inflated falls the hardest . The balloon is full of hot air, only a pin prick is required to see it take a crazy down ward trajectory .

CommentQuote
  • Dwarka even affordable will fall

GCX only premium will fall

No need to correct yourself, I understood you perfectly and agree
    CommentQuote
  • What is bad about GCX road besides infra problem foreseen, btw infra problem is everywhere in GGN but still prices are shooting. I believe the prices have still good room for upmove when compared with Delhi. Compare a ok kinds location in Delhi like West Delhi or East Delhi with GGn you will still find difference of multiple folds. :bab (59):
    CommentQuote
  • The debate of correction coming has been in air for a very long time now, and I also believe that it will set in, since the price in GCX area, and in fact the whole Gurgaon have risen very rapidly, and are very unrealistic for two basic reasons... one the supply is definitely more than demand, and the basic infrastructure is still struggling to find pace with the supply of units.

Though, in terms of correction, if it all comes, I feel GCX area may get hurt more than Dwk Exway projects which are still under 3000-3200 mark or even below in resale. The absurdly priced Apartments, whether on GCX or Dwk exway will get a hit irrespective of their location.

I am also keeping an eye, holding my horses intact and enjoying decent FD rates... Hope the black money of our politicians and bureaucrats is smelt rightly by IT Department, and then and only then, we will find right pricing for both investors in the long term and end users for immediate purchase.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by mkg007
    Hope the black money of our politicians and bureaucrats is smelt rightly by IT Department, and then and only then, we will find right pricing for both investors in the long term and end users for immediate purchase.

You are right mkg007 , one of the main reasons of no correction till date is indeed the black money these politicians are pouring into real estate . As far as IT department is concerned they too have their limitations against these top politicians .Even if they catch hold few of them ,the small portion of that black money will transfer from one to other(by other i mean the IT department people) . Don't underestimate them ,i know few of them who hold many properties in and around Delhi/NCR .
    CommentQuote
  • This would never happen, so stop worrying about it. Infact, politicians favorite areas actually pick up the most because of their own investments....
    CommentQuote
  • which are the other top investment destinations....would be great if someone could post the link to the complete article

TIA
    Anurag
    CommentQuote
  • manoj bhai , if you study the projects on Gc ex carefully , its not planned as a concrete jungle , concrete jungle is something like developments of belaire , park place , etc .... these have decent sized townships with huge number of open areas .......

Also if prices start to fall it ll fall everywhere ..... agree some luxury projects would fall more in terms of total fall in money but percentage wise fall should be overall the same ....

also in terms of quality builders and quality products ..... Gc ex is the best place right now ..... it has presence of decent to good builders , i feel non of the another areas can boast of it , neither sohna road , neither extended spr , neither nh-8 and definitely not d eway .....

Well in MY POV , it should be one of the best places to live in when developed ........ obviously not the only plac , but definitely the best in terms of quality and luxury projects in an aggregated area ...

also someone asked why emaar is struggling to sell there ., one thing is pricing , and the other is emaar overall is struggling a hell lot in terms of debt and delivery .....overall sentiments in RE about emaar are somewhat hurt ...
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by anubhaviit

In the first real estate bulk deal in the National Capital Region, New Delhi-based realty major Emaar MGF is learnt to be in an advanced stage of selling its under-construction 550-flat residential complex Palm Drive in Gurgaon for Rs 1,000-1,200 crore to New York-based marquee realtor Tishman Speyer.

For the beleaguered Emaar MGF, a joint-venture between Dubai-based Emaar and Shravan Gupta-led MGF Land Ltd, this is a fire sale, as the company is unable to sell the flats by itself owing to the current slump in the housing market and desperrately needs money to retire part of its R4,689-crore debt and improve its cash flows.

This is an important news that a BIG builder is feeling the heat and clearly accepting that there is significant slowdown in the market.

On the other hand entry of a player with deep pockets is a good news for that market. May be they can pick up the projects of a few other weak builders as well in NCR.
    CommentQuote