It is interesting to note that what we have been talking about for over a year now is now also ratified by other Industry Experts too. HT Estates covered an article about the top 10 destinations to invest in Indian Real Estate and confirmed Golf Course Extension to be amongst the top 3 destinations to invest in.

So, what makes this specific location the most sought after not only from the city perspective but also from the country’s perspective.

Here is our analysis of this Hot New Destination:

The Golf Course Extn. Road (also called the Southern Periphery Road or SPR) is the road that connects the existing Golf Course Road to the Sohna Road presently, this road is planned to extend and meet the NH-8 near Haldirams. Considering the fact that the existing Golf Course Road is one of the most sought after locations for Premium Housing in Gurgaon and for the Luxury Homes in Gurgaon. Now, there is not much land available on this road, so by default, just like any other city, the next area closest to the CBD becomes the preferred destination and Golf Course Extension Road fits in absolutely well.

Another most important reason is the quality of proposed developments and the quality of developers with large land holdings in this area. Amongst some of the better developers of real estate in India, we have Ireo with major presence on this road, with more than 500 acres of land being with Ireo where the Ireo City is shaping up and smaller chunks with other key developers like Pioneer Urban, Emaar MGF and the likes.

All these developers are only bringing in High Quality Residential Apartments with top of the line features both indoors and outdoors. In our analysis, this area is actually poised to change the epicentre of Gurgaon. The reason is simple and logical, once these new upmarket developments start taking shape, this area is going to become the most sought after residential estate in Gurgaon. Its almost like saying that this area is poised to become what “South Delhi” is for Delhi.

Another interesting fact is that unlike the existing developments of Gurgaon, which were more unplanned, these new sectors along the Golf Course Extension Road are better planned, with earmarked spaces for Commercial, Residential and Retail. Apart from this the road width has been revised for these new sectors and the internal sector roads are now going to be much broader than the existing Dlf or Gurgaon area as we see.
Read more
65 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Ishan Bhai, we seem to have different definitions of a "concrete jungle" .

On the pricing front, anything priced above 5000-6000 psft is luxury & "tending to obscene" pricing for the middle class & Upper Middle class . Can u name many projects of decent Builders, which r on the Gcx. road & r less than 5/6 K ( except some older projects of less reputed Builders & BPTP ). My point is that these absurdly priced projects & projects looking to reach absurd pricing could fall on their face, in case of correction & they could be the one's who get hit the hardest .

My PoV, i could be wrong . GGN RE is behaving abnormally for months now & it is really difficult to predict or pin an abnormal phenomenon .

Originally Posted by ISHANb
    manoj bhai , if you study the projects on Gc ex carefully , its not planned as a concrete jungle , concrete jungle is something like developments of belaire , park place , etc .... these have decent sized townships with huge number of open areas .......

Also if prices start to fall it ll fall everywhere ..... agree some luxury projects would fall more in terms of total fall in money but percentage wise fall should be overall the same ....

CommentQuote
  • It could also be that Emaar MGF has to sell this project because of poor management and excessive debt. It might not have anything to do with the slowdown...
    CommentQuote
  • It is not only emaar is facing the heat .. Ireo , M3M and pioneer are also feeling the heat.. Ireo stopped its floor launch , same with pioneer stopped the launch of new apts.. M3M is trying whatever it can do to sell ...

Emaar is hit most because of it's debt and bad news ......

Originally Posted by djvjain
    It could also be that Emaar MGF has to sell this project because of poor management and excessive debt. It might not have anything to do with the slowdown...
    CommentQuote
  • Huh, good to know this.

I think some of these builders have more than they can manage and not they are finding out to be tough deal.

It is simply like Jaypee in Noida Belt - sold more than 10K crores of RE and haven't delivered anything yet.
    CommentQuote
  • CommentQuote

• DLF is already in the fire-sale mode. Now a days they are selling plots only instead of flats that they used to sell during the last boom. Looking like a desperate move to raise as much money possible as fast as they can by encashing their land bank.
    CommentQuote
  • On the pricing front, anything priced above 5000-6000 psft is luxury & "tending to obscene" pricing for the middle class & Upper Middle class

Manoj Bhai while i agree these prices are expensive by general standards but it does not change the ground reality....

I have been travelling lately and saw prices in some cities.. mohali will see launch shortly by ireo at 3050 and bestech at about 4500..

the land prices in ludhiana near DPS school /tagore nagar are touching 35,000( 10 km out side town) closer they re 65000 and 100,000

Lucknow Gomti nagar is now at 45,000 and appt at 3000-3500.

allahabad civil lines is 55000+ and others 45,000.

So by these standards gurgaon is still reasonable and has quite a bit of upside left.... now if this will be straight up or zig zag only time will tell..

I too wish that rates come down it will be good for all of us but dont see much pointers yet....
    CommentQuote
  • well said

Originally Posted by VarunVKV
    You are right mkg007 , one of the main reasons of no correction till date is indeed the black money these politicians are pouring into real estate . As far as IT department is concerned they too have their limitations against these top politicians .Even if they catch hold few of them ,the small portion of that black money will transfer from one to other(by other i mean the IT department people) . Don't underestimate them ,i know few of them who hold many properties in and around Delhi/NCR .

Very well said.. They wont take pain for the benefit of the nation.
    CommentQuote
  • Amit Bhai ,

Yeh thread post kar ke dil khush kar diya.

I am sure , good fortune is shining on Gurgaon and this city will never lose it's sheen.We all know , GCX in the making will surpass GC Road in times to come.With such luxury , high end projects , it will certainly boast of it's class and only creme de la will be able stay and flaunt their address of GCX.Yes , am sure about it.

People say , who had invested 10 years ago in Gurgaon are considered lucky and wise but i say , there is still a chance to shine and win by investing in Gurgaon.
    CommentQuote
  • whats the targeted ROI as an investor?

Hi
    Greetings!!
    If one buys at 6000, say what ROI can be realistically expected in the best and worst case, period of 5years, no loan?
    Any suggestions considering the supply/ demand/ development triggers etc?

Cheers!!
    CommentQuote
  • It has been already predicted to 15 to 18 K or more in the next 1/1.5 years by some pundits in earlier threads, so i guess, going by that analysis, u might be ble to sell at > 30 K . LOL :D.

Originally Posted by BlessU
    Hi
    Greetings!!
    If one buys at 6000, say what ROI can be realistically expected in the best and worst case, period of 5years, no loan?

Cheers!!
    CommentQuote
  • wish i was an Oracle!!!

I guess from here on a 15% YOY should be a reasonable assumption.....

Originally Posted by BlessU
    Hi
    Greetings!!

Cheers!!
    CommentQuote
  • If you have a decent holding time( 4 years +) then you won't lose money in RE in GGN. It actually never came seriously and that too during the recession.

High prices of GGN is increasing the prices of far away areas like Manesar and Dharuhera.
    CommentQuote
  • Reasonable

Originally Posted by AmitMM
    wish i was an Oracle!!!

I guess from here on a 15% YOY should be a reasonable assumption.....

Muthooth group fd for 4 years duration is 14% + massive commissions. Should reconsider
    CommentQuote
  • Returns

Originally Posted by djvjain
    If you have a decent holding time( 4 years +) then you won't lose money in RE in GGN. It actually never came seriously and that too during the recession.

High prices of GGN is increasing the prices of far away areas like Manesar and Dharuhera.

True and returns in Manesar and Dharuhera have probably been more in the last 2-3 years as I have learnt from various blogs.
    Also ticket size is large here. But 15% should not be difficult..
    CommentQuote