It is interesting to note that what we have been talking about for over a year now is now also ratified by other Industry Experts too. HT Estates covered an article about the top 10 destinations to invest in Indian Real Estate and confirmed Golf Course Extension to be amongst the top 3 destinations to invest in.

So, what makes this specific location the most sought after not only from the city perspective but also from the country’s perspective.

Here is our analysis of this Hot New Destination:

The Golf Course Extn. Road (also called the Southern Periphery Road or SPR) is the road that connects the existing Golf Course Road to the Sohna Road presently, this road is planned to extend and meet the NH-8 near Haldirams. Considering the fact that the existing Golf Course Road is one of the most sought after locations for Premium Housing in Gurgaon and for the Luxury Homes in Gurgaon. Now, there is not much land available on this road, so by default, just like any other city, the next area closest to the CBD becomes the preferred destination and Golf Course Extension Road fits in absolutely well.

Another most important reason is the quality of proposed developments and the quality of developers with large land holdings in this area. Amongst some of the better developers of real estate in India, we have Ireo with major presence on this road, with more than 500 acres of land being with Ireo where the Ireo City is shaping up and smaller chunks with other key developers like Pioneer Urban, Emaar MGF and the likes.

All these developers are only bringing in High Quality Residential Apartments with top of the line features both indoors and outdoors. In our analysis, this area is actually poised to change the epicentre of Gurgaon. The reason is simple and logical, once these new upmarket developments start taking shape, this area is going to become the most sought after residential estate in Gurgaon. Its almost like saying that this area is poised to become what “South Delhi” is for Delhi.

Another interesting fact is that unlike the existing developments of Gurgaon, which were more unplanned, these new sectors along the Golf Course Extension Road are better planned, with earmarked spaces for Commercial, Residential and Retail. Apart from this the road width has been revised for these new sectors and the internal sector roads are now going to be much broader than the existing Dlf or Gurgaon area as we see.
Read more
65 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • yes and factor in Muthooth proposed IPO... they might throw in a couple of shares.....
    just ensure its not a" interest assured not principle" scheme....

Originally Posted by BlessU
    Muthooth group fd for 4 years duration is 14% + massive commissions. Should reconsider
    CommentQuote
  • I mean for GGN not BBY

Originally Posted by MANOJa
    It has been already predicted to 15 to 18 K or more in the next 1/1.5 years by some pundits in earlier threads, so i guess, going by that analysis, u might be ble to sell at > 30 K . LOL :D.

Hi
    Greetings!!
    and the worst?
    CommentQuote
  • Yes, plots in Dharuhera are have done good in last 2 years and the returns have been close to 25%. Still prices are in the range of Rs 20K/sqyd (at Bestech and not sure about others) and activity is good.
    CommentQuote
  • LOL:D . This road has been crafted by God himself & that too after a lot of deliberations & hence there is not worst case scenario ( please do not ask this question again, many would get offended ). I think, u should rephrase yr. question to -

" What is the best imaginable scenario, after u detailed the worst scenario " ?

Originally Posted by BlessU
    Hi
    Greetings!!
    and the worst?
    CommentQuote
  • well agreed , but one should also keep in mind that the acquisition land cost + bribes to HUda . the costing of the land was very high for the builders on gc ex , The FSI cost for residential on gc ex now is anywhere between 3500-4000 , and one can find no land parcels here.........so the pricing of 6k is very justifiable.

yes i agree nothing is available by a decent builder below 5-6 k , but if you look hard enough , you can find uptown , ireo VV ( if you look hard can be gotten around 5800-6k mark , Emaar stuff is around 5k mark 9 emarald floors) , pioneer park is in 5500 mark . Out of the lot uptown and VV make decent sense right ....

But manoj bhai , also for a luxury product investor/end users , where are the options in gurgaon .....

I also agree with the statement that they could be hit the hardest in times of correction , but that is not because they are on Gc ex , that is because they are luxury products , and when u invest in sucha kind of project this risk is always attached to it , but returns of luxury projects is the max .....

And about concrete jungles , my take can be different to yours ,,,,,, no problems ....
    :)
    Cheers
    Bishan

Originally Posted by MANOJa
    Ishan Bhai, we seem to have different definitions of a "concrete jungle" .

On the pricing front, anything priced above 5000-6000 psft is luxury & "tending to obscene" pricing for the middle class & Upper Middle class . Can u name many projects of decent Builders, which r on the Gcx. road & r less than 5/6 K ( except some older projects of less reputed Builders & BPTP ). My point is that these absurdly priced projects & projects looking to reach absurd pricing could fall on their face, in case of correction & they could be the one's who get hit the hardest .

My PoV, i could be wrong . GGN RE is behaving abnormally for months now & it is really difficult to predict or pin an abnormal phenomenon .
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by BlessU
    Hi
    Greetings!!
    If one buys at 6000, say what ROI can be realistically expected in the best and worst case, period of 5years, no loan?
    Any suggestions considering the supply/ demand/ development triggers etc?

Cheers!!

Well that really depends on market conditions and project to project basis .......
    CommentQuote
  • Ishan Bhai, u r not getting the point . What, i am saying is that most ( if not all ) Gcx. road projects r >5/6 K & in case of correction, they would be the worst hit along with the more obscenely priced ones .

Originally Posted by ISHANb
    well agreed , but one should also keep in mind that the acquisition land cost + bribes to HUda . the costing of the land was very high for the builders on gc ex , The FSI cost for residential on gc ex now is anywhere between 3500-4000 , and one can find no land parcels here.........so the pricing of 6k is very justifiable.

yes i agree nothing is available by a decent builder below 5-6 k , but if you look hard enough , you can find uptown , ireo VV ( if you look hard can be gotten around 5800-6k mark , Emaar stuff is around 5k mark 9 emarald floors) , pioneer park is in 5500 mark . Out of the lot uptown and VV make decent sense right ....

But manoj bhai , also for a luxury product investor/end users , where are the options in gurgaon .....

I also agree with the statement that they could be hit the hardest in times of correction , but that is not because they are on Gc ex , that is because they are luxury products , and when u invest in sucha kind of project this risk is always attached to it , but returns of luxury projects is the max .....

And about concrete jungles , my take can be different to yours ,,,,,, no problems ....
    :)
    Cheers
    Bishan
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by MANOJa
    Ishan Bhai, u r not getting the point . What, i am saying is that most ( if not all ) Gcx. road projects r >5/6 K & in case of correction, they would be the worst hit along with the more obscenely priced ones .

I agree with you on that note :) .... the higher the price , the higher is the margin of fall ......

But these kinds of risks are always attached to an investment in luxury projects ..... if correction hits it gets hit hard , and in boom time these products give maximum ROi !!!
    CommentQuote
  • Not really sure on this part of yr. comment -

.................and in boom time these products give maximum ROi !!!
    CommentQuote
  • Whole market is obscenely priced not just GCX....

4000+ in the jungles of NH8 is highly obscene
    CommentQuote
  • manoj bhai whole market is obsence

5500-600 on gCX
    4000-4500 on NH8
    3700-4000 on D way

the element of absurdness is same in all of the above
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by amit001
    Whole market is obscenely priced not just GCX....

4000+ in the jungles of NH8 is highly obscene

Yes exactly .... 4000 + is ridiculoius on nh-8 ......that is why one can see that many people invested in projects like anandas are desperate to sale rate to rate .........

even if people say that pricing right now in gc ex is obscene .... i guess thats is the place left with most potential upside in short/medium and long term ....
    CommentQuote
  • Sure.... I have sold one of my apartment at 7k level recently located at GC ex but it took me almost 5 months to find a buyer who is ready to buy.. so guess how much time would it need to sell these properties at 13k-14k ...

Originally Posted by Parag78
    Well if i would have believed the pessimists i would have never invested on GCX 1 year back because since that time correction has been coming. With that said i dont think you will be able to get any good project on GCX below 5.5k even if correction comes.The fear of loosing 5-10% will defy you of 200-300% gain. Indian real estate is unlike anything, don't try to time it. Never a bad time to invest in property in India it always pays off in long run.

By 2015 we will be close to 13-14k on GCX.
    CommentQuote
  • Parag78 - Mostly agree with you. I don't think GCx investments will suffer even if a correction comes. Also, I was also advised in 2008 when I invested on GCx that I should wait as correction was coming - If I had then I would not have been able to afford the apartment that I have now. All this despite the last recession. I do believe that if there is a correction, the D-way projects will be affected more than the NH-8/GCx projects simply because panic will set in faster on the D-way. But overall, all you fence sitters - don't wait for the correction, go for it now!!! ;)
    CommentQuote
  • Parag,
    I didn't missed 2015. neither I am disputing that prices can reach at this level only issue would be to dispose off your property at this level..

I sold my apartment in Vatika City.

Originally Posted by Parag78
    Manu - I think you missed where i said 13-14k by 2015. BTW which project you sold at 7k?
    CommentQuote