64 out of 68 disputed Dwarka CGHS have been cleared making way for about 5000 flats to be made available, which are in ready to move in condition.

Though the process of allotment will take its due time, it seems the allotment and possession will be done in not more than 6-8 months time progressively.... Will it leave some impact on real estate prices overall? The supply will be suddenly in plenty in Dwarka! The construction quality of CGHS that have been cleared now is also superior than those allotted in early 2000s.

This may affect entire NCR, particularly from mid segment end users, who will have a good choice for ready to move in flats, and that too in Delhi, where basic infrastructure is far better than neighborhood.
Read more
30 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Looks like no one feels that it will affect Gurgaon real estate market, whereas I have my colleagues who are looking for buyers desperately to sell their under construction flats both on Sohna Road and Dwk Exway...
    CommentQuote
  • why "desperate sale" mkg007... is it due to bad choices or do they believe that the market has peaked.. and which projects?

Originally Posted by mkg007
    Looks like no one feels that it will affect Gurgaon real estate market, whereas I have my colleagues who are looking for buyers desperately to sell their under construction flats both on Sohna Road and Dwk Exway...
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by AmitMM
    why "desperate sale" mkg007... is it due to bad choices or do they believe that the market has peaked.. and which projects?

AmitMM... These three colleagues of mine have been looking for decent accommodation in Dwarka, but were unable to find one to their satisfaction, due to age of the construction and probably inferior facade as compared to newly constructed private condominiums in Gurgaon and Noida. However, the CGHS which were stuck for allotment are far superior than the old ones, as they were built almost at the same time when Gurgaon buildings were coming up. The CGHS in Dwarka didin't catch attention of buyers and investors in early 2000s due to two reasons.... one the connectivity was a big issue till Palam flyover and Sector 22 underpass became operational around year 2005... secondly due to lack of aggressive marketing, in fact no marketing at all as compared to private builders of Gurgaon or Noida.

These CGHS were actually hijacked by private builders of small to medium repute and the buildings were built almost in line with private buildings in GGN, however got stuck since the scam of buildings being hijacked was unearthed.(it will take a long description to explain what happened and how.. please excuse me on this). Now after almost five years, these CGHS have been cleared by Delhi Cabinet, and will be ready for possession in coming months one by one.

As far as these colleagues' projects are concerned, one has in Mahindra Aura, one in Raheja Atharva, and the third is CP-2 on Sohna Road. These colleagues of mine are getting deals in DWK at approximately 6500-7000 psf in decent CGHS, which are ready to move in, and that's why are looking for buyers for their projects. BTW, they are all end users and are not willing to hold multiple properties due to their budget constraints...
    CommentQuote
  • Thanks for the clarity

For an end user it makes sense to exit and take ready to move prop
    if dwarika is their prefered location and work place is nearby..
    other than that at 6000-7000 price they can have comparable options like Escape/close or even Vipul green/parkiew city which are around 6000 mark...

AmitMM... These three colleagues of mine have been looking for decent accommodation in Dwarka, but were unable to find one to their satisfaction, due to age of the construction and probably inferior facade as compared to newly constructed private condominiums in Gurgaon and Noida. However, the CGHS which were stuck for allotment are far superior than the old ones, as they were built almost at the same time when Gurgaon buildings were coming up. The CGHS in Dwarka didin't catch attention of buyers and investors in early 2000s due to two reasons.... one the connectivity was a big issue till Palam flyover and Sector 22 underpass became operational around year 2005... secondly due to lack of aggressive marketing, in fact no marketing at all as compared to private builders of Gurgaon or Noida.

These CGHS were actually hijacked by private builders of small to medium repute and the buildings were built almost in line with private buildings in GGN, however got stuck since the scam of buildings being hijacked was unearthed.(it will take a long description to explain what happened and how.. please excuse me on this). Now after almost five years, these CGHS have been cleared by Delhi Cabinet, and will be ready for possession in coming months one by one.

As far as these colleagues' projects are concerned, one has in Mahindra Aura, one in Raheja Atharva, and the third is CP-2 on Sohna Road. These colleagues of mine are getting deals in DWK at approximately 6500-7000 psf in decent CGHS, which are ready to move in, and that's why are looking for buyers for their projects. BTW, they are all end users and are not willing to hold multiple properties due to their budget constraints...
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by AmitMM
    Thanks for the clarity

For an end user it makes sense to exit and take ready to move prop
    if dwarika is their prefered location and work place is nearby..
    other than that at 6000-7000 price they can have comparable options like Escape/close or even Vipul green/parkiew city which are around 6000 mark...

Workplace is IGI Airport, and hence DWK is preferred location, apart from Delhi tag, infrastructure, water/power issues, transportation, connectivity to airport etc. etc....
    CommentQuote
  • all valid points!!!!

Workplace is IGI Airport, and hence DWK is preferred location, apart from Delhi tag, infrastructure, water/power issues, transportation, connectivity to airport etc. etc....
    CommentQuote
  • The reason for posting this thread was keeping all this in view. Dwarka has a lot of tenants who have been waiting for this CGHS trouble to get over... A lot of them are waiting for their own flats to be available, and a lot for new allotments to have them in resale. Therefore, I feel real estate sale and resale will have some impact, particularly from mid segment end users, whose work place is in Delhi or even Gurgaon, but can't afford Delhi prices. Almost entire DWK Exway and Sohna Road projects are so far catered for this segment...
    CommentQuote
  • I have seen society flats in Dwarka..size and layout is bad...small rooms not enough provision for sunlight and natural air...apart from this, issue can be of availability and quality of water...it is salted. All metallic sanitary items get rusted in 4-5 years....I know some of my friends are repenting ....and planning to sell and go to big, airy and well planned apartment....Age of apartment is also their concern....
    CommentQuote
  • The most affected would be the D e way projects . Quite clear .

One can ignore the facts on this & concote 100's of stories to deny this .

64 out of 68 disputed Dwarka CGHS have been cleared making way for about 5000 flats to be made available, which are in ready to move in condition.

Though the process of allotment will take its due time, it seems the allotment and possession will be done in not more than 6-8 months time progressively.... Will it leave some impact on real estate prices overall? The supply will be suddenly in plenty in Dwarka! The construction quality of CGHS that have been cleared now is also superior than those allotted in early 2000s.

This may affect entire NCR, particularly from mid segment end users, who will have a good choice for ready to move in flats, and that too in Delhi, where basic infrastructure is far better than neighborhood.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by saihtul
    I have seen society flats in Dwarka..size and layout is bad...small rooms not enough provision for sunlight and natural air...apart from this, issue can be of availability and quality of water...it is salted. All metallic sanitary items get rusted in 4-5 years....I know some of my friends are repenting ....and planning to sell and go to big, airy and well planned apartment....Age of apartment is also their concern....

Facade, age of buildings, extra amenities are definitely better in private homes being offered by private builders, but come at a price, with even higher maintenance cost. For all other reasons as mentioned above, Delhi would be preferred over other NCR.

Salty water is an issue in certain sectors, but Societies have installed RO/Softening plants, and I know a lot of buildings in GGN and a lot more in Noida having similar issue.

The new CGHS in DWK will have better construction quality, as they were built after 2004...
    CommentQuote
  • Fresh lot of dwarka DDA flats should see some impact with the release of CGHS inventory. I don't see any near future impact on eway projects because of 1. significant diff in cost and 2. difference is posession time.
    CommentQuote
  • Price difference is for -

Ready to move in & the difference in the infrastructure .

Possession time - We r talking about end users who have booked on the D e way, since they could not find anything better .
    CommentQuote
  • Currently, It would not be wise to compare Dwarka with Dwarka Expressway.
    Dwarka being in delhi will always have an upper edge.Price difference is huge.Dwarka Expressway is anywhere 3500-4500Rs per sq ft, Dwarka has a price tag of around 7000Rs per sq ft.

The CGHS flats which have been cleared recently are already owned.Where is the supply? These are not new projects.Owners of these flats who were living in the rented apartments will move to their dream homes.
    This might impact the rent, which I am not sure will actually happen.
    DEway has a huge potential and would enjoy the advantage of proximity to Dwarka.

Those who have invested on DEway, enjoy your investment.:)

Happy Investing !!

Pankaj
    CommentQuote
  • Quite strange, when people were comparing Gcx./Sohna road to the non existent D e way, none of these guys commented .

Talk of double standards .
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by PankajSingh
    Currently, It would not be wise to compare Dwarka with Dwarka Expressway.
    Dwarka being in delhi will always have an upper edge.Price difference is huge.Dwarka Expressway is anywhere 3500-4500Rs per sq ft, Dwarka has a price tag of around 7000Rs per sq ft.

The CGHS flats which have been cleared recently are already owned.Where is the supply? These are not new projects.Owners of these flats who were living in the rented apartments will move to their dream homes.
    This might impact the rent, which I am not sure will actually happen.
    DEway has a huge potential and would enjoy the advantage of proximity to Dwarka.

Those who have invested on DEway, enjoy your investment.:)

Happy Investing !!

Pankaj

Agreed, this will not increase supply but put more load on dwarka infrastructure (Dwarka still thirsty and still face proper commutation).
    CommentQuote