With the current drama going on in Noida/G Noida will Gurgaon end up getting more buyers ?

Senior R.E. Experts: please comment.

- Teja
Read more
43 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • My 5 cents:

1) I don't know what population figures prove since Ghaziabad already has highest density of population in UP for quite some time. The figure that really stood out for me was approx. 70% increase in Gurgaon's population as compared to 40% of Ghaziabad.
    2) Wherever you purchase real estate, you are bound to get returns. Whether it is Gurgaon or Noida or jungles of Dway. If location is good, you are bound to get returns. Sometimes more than anticipated and sometimes less. No property remains at a stagnant level forever.
    3) From end use perspective, if you conduct a poll than vast majority of people will prefer to live in Delhi, Gurgaon as compared to Ghaziabad. It is both quality of life as well as because of security concerns. Notoriety of UP police doesn't help their case either.
    4) No matter how much we cuss Gurgaon or Delhi on civic needs. Developed areas of Ghaziabad like Indirapuram, Vaishali lag far behind even if you take a small example of electricity(first hand experience of that). Concrete jungle of Indirapuram just gives a developed feeling from outside.

Again, I am not here to disparage or demean Ghaziabad here. These are just my views and people are more than welcome to disagree.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by BlessU
    Hi
    Greetings!!

Wonderful insight into GHZ.. truly never covered by any forum generally. However, where in ghz do you recommend, which builder?
    Please bear in mind, just as you said 10 becomes 20 is the same as 25 becoming 50. Similarly, I am of a faith to invest in 10 as their becoming 20 would be easier than 25 struggling to become 50.

Advtg 2, can spread the investment in two small investments of 10 each and sleep well at night. This also helps in averaging out or reduce loss and maximise gain. Further downside is minimum. Do not like to loose capital even if profits are slow or come late. Therefore tittle should be clear.

Advtg 3 small investments dont require a loan and can do with own investment or partnership with friends/family. I am highly averse to loan as interest cannot be controlled..

Basic reason why made some investment in fbd as plots were about 10000 and now 25000+ in 2 years neharpar and 15000 is now 50000 in NIT.. also proximity of areas of delhi quoting for 1-2lac and above.. whereas flats in ggn have gone up from 58-60 lac to 85-90 lac realistically in two years for me. I dont understand how for some people 3 times or more growth has happened in GGN over two years
    Finally, hope your logic of Freehold in GZB like HR is correct. Still this statement supports investments in Haryana by your logic

Cheers

BlessU bhai kya baat kar rahe ho .....GGn ki return tumne 50 % dikha di 2 yrs mei .....

Sir plots in gurgaon have become 2 to 2 and a half time sin past 2 yrs ..... apartments also have increased at the same ratio ......
    examples ...plots almost anywhere in gurgaon ....
    apartments .... any apartment on GC road , MG road ........

Ghz discussion is also very insightful ..... although have passed through it quite a few times but nver actually studied the Re scenario there ..... but for me even after the security concerns of gundaas,police and mayawati raj ..... I see more grwoth prospects in Ghaziabad than neharpar faridabad for sure ......

they are i guess around the same budget segmented price wise .... so a comparison can be drawn between the two .....
    CommentQuote
  • Diversified Portfolio

Originally Posted by ISHANb
    BlessU bhai kya baat kar rahe ho .....GGn ki return tumne 50 % dikha di 2 yrs mei .....

Sir plots in gurgaon have become 2 to 2 and a half time sin past 2 yrs ..... apartments also have increased at the same ratio ......
    examples ...plots almost anywhere in gurgaon ....
    apartments .... any apartment on GC road , MG road ........

Ghz discussion is also very insightful ..... although have passed through it quite a few times but nver actually studied the Re scenario there ..... but for me even after the security concerns of gundaas,police and mayawati raj ..... I see more grwoth prospects in Ghaziabad than neharpar faridabad for sure ......

they are i guess around the same budget segmented price wise .... so a comparison can be drawn between the two .....

Obviously, looking into GHZ opportunity vry very soon. Stll better value proposition than Dway/GGN at the moment. GHZ is also an opportunity as perceived value is low due to organised crime and current crises in UP. Comparision is with a view of getting maximum returns over next 3-6 years and not due to presence or lack of IT/airport/malls/gentry or any other significant drawback etc. Proximity to delhi/Noida and huge population base is a major plus besides low prices.

Agree with you totally about Plot price increases in GGN while I got similar growth in FBD for my plots.
    Growth as 50% in ggn is my luck if you read carefully, as mentioned, it is for flats. I dont have any plots in GGN accept one which bought in collaboration only 9 months ago, so not much appreciation.. Also I am a strong believer that prices of Gurgaon look excellent retrospectively If I talk about prices 10 years ago and todays prices. However, they do not look even half as promising prospectively. Personally I am disappointed by Dway as most of projects are below launch value available in the market, oversupply and controversies and legalities
    https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0Ahk_8tfSUql8dDloWnl4bXFvSjJ6TTB0Uk8taFp2bXc&hl=en&authkey=CKjfg6cD#gid=2

Regarding FBD check a recent review by the Financial commissioner.
    https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&pid=explorer&chrome=true&srcid=0B92nsQUGmq3gNjgxOTM1NTYtYjJjMS00MmY3LTkwNjktOWEzYWVhMTRhZjBk&hl=en_US&authkey=CNTMr-4L
    Development has been slow in the past years but cannot remain at this pace for long due to social pressure from population and builders. Once you read the review you will feel the pressure. Also for other salient features about fbd check the link
    https://www.indianrealestateforum.com/forum/city-forums/ncr-real-estate/faridabad-real-estate/15594-dwarka-expressway-vs-yamuna-expressway-vs-neharpar-fbd/page5?t=17835&page=5
    CommentQuote
  • Would properties in fbd/gzb appreciate more just because they have been ignored and now their time has come??? And also because of proximity to ggn/ noida/delhi and at a faster rate??? LOL.

GGN followed by Noida would continue to be the big daddies of NCR leaving Fbd, Gzb, kundli / sonepat, bahadurgarh behind.. while prices in all the regions will continue to appreciate, do not expect any price saturation in ggn/noida because they are best developed, have MNC jobs and opportunities and presence of upper middle class. There can be some pockets in all the regions which will appreciate more than others (like some region in gzb might go higher than some in Noida) but generally this might not be true.

R
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by rajatk
    Would properties in fbd/gzb appreciate more just because they have been ignored and now their time has come??? And also because of proximity to ggn/ noida/delhi and at a faster rate??? LOL.

GGN followed by Noida would continue to be the big daddies of NCR leaving Fbd, Gzb, kundli / sonepat, bahadurgarh behind.. while prices in all the regions will continue to appreciate, do not expect any price saturation in ggn/noida because they are best developed, have MNC jobs and opportunities and presence of upper middle class. There can be some pockets in all the regions which will appreciate more than others (like some region in gzb might go higher than some in Noida) but generally this might not be true.

R

GGN followed by Noida would continue to be the big daddies of NCR leaving Fbd, Gzb, kundli / sonepat, bahadurgarh behind

yeah right but NOIDA not the noida ext or gr noida.

The problem is with Noida xxx or Gr Noida the real noida is clean and good in every aspect for those who can afford except the law and order situation.

rohit
    CommentQuote
  • yes that is completely true , but a person with 30L or lower doesnt have any decent investment oppurtunities in gurgaon , so in that retrospect ghz and faridabad could come in .....

Also theres a lot of bashing of d eway right now due to honest concerns , but when it is fully developed the prices would also definitely give outstanding returns (one of the best), the only big question is when !!!

Originally Posted by rajatk
    Would properties in fbd/gzb appreciate more just because they have been ignored and now their time has come??? And also because of proximity to ggn/ noida/delhi and at a faster rate??? LOL.

R
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by rohit_warren
    GGN followed by Noida would continue to be the big daddies of NCR leaving Fbd, Gzb, kundli / sonepat, bahadurgarh behind

yeah right but NOIDA not the noida ext or gr noida.

The problem is with Noida xxx or Gr Noida the real noida is clean and good in every aspect for those who can afford except the law and order situation.

rohit

yup - completely agree with you. GN and NE should be compared with dharuhera, bhiwadi, NP in FBD etc.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by ISHANb
    yes that is completely true , but a person with 30L or lower doesnt have any decent investment oppurtunities in gurgaon , so in that retrospect ghz and faridabad could come in .....

Also theres a lot of bashing of d eway right now due to honest concerns , but when it is fully developed the prices would also definitely give outstanding returns (one of the best), the only big question is when !!!

For 30L budget - yes FBD, Gzb, some new sectors in Noida, dharuhera etc offer good options and must be explored. However if possible, better to stretch to 40L+ and try for some options (not many available) in ggn, noida itself.

Dont know how DEway came into this discussion and obviously people have their own opinions about it. If it comes into existence in next 3 years or so - it should definitely boost prices in that region, However I would not like to guess if the returns will beat rest of the region. For prices to jack up, there has to be significant commercial activity closeby which is still far away. My 2 cents...

R
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by rajatk

For 30L budget - yes FBD, Gzb, some new sectors in Noida, dharuhera etc offer good options and must be explored. However if possible, better to stretch to 40L+ and try for some options (not many available) in ggn, noida itself.

Dont know how DEway came into this discussion and obviously people have their own opinions about it. If it comes into existence in next 3 years or so - it should definitely boost prices in that region, However I would not like to guess if the returns will beat rest of the region. For prices to jack up, there has to be significant commercial activity closeby which is still far away. My 2 cents...

R

ya got d eway into discussion as it also at price entry level at this point !!!
    CommentQuote
  • Premiums shooting in FBD

Hi
    Greetings
    Unconfirmed news Omaxe heights fbd premium gone up from 5 lac to 12 lacs in 8months!!!
    samjho.. game of absolute return on investments. Small ticket size is always helpful and always grows faster with development.
    GGN is just the back office of multinationals looking to reduce cost. Costs are calculated on hourly basis for Call centers and now cost cheaper in mexico/china. wake up. these guys are not here for new business, scouting sales, executing projects, produce new clients, but reduce costs through outsourcing..
    High end development does not generally happen here. Maruti,hero honda, airport, ancilliaries etc produce real economies. Flashy buildings will disappear in a flash, once cheaper/better/lawfull options available in India/overseas.
    Infra in GGN is dwindling unless uplifted with positive changes in local transport as proposed, electicity supply, roads. Natural growth will continue but excessive and proposed supply will provide cheaper alternatives with better amenities as compared to high priced areas. This can have counter impact on increase in prices over medium to long term.
    Cheers!!!
    CommentQuote
  • gurgaon/manesar has way huger industry than faridabad also ..... bless u bhai get your facts right please .........

Originally Posted by BlessU
    Hi
    Greetings
    Unconfirmed news Omaxe heights fbd premium gone up from 5 lac to 12 lacs in 8months!!!
    samjho.. game of absolute return on investments. Small ticket size is always helpful and always grows faster with development.
    GGN is just the back office of multinationals looking to reduce cost. Costs are calculated on hourly basis for Call centers and now cost cheaper in mexico/china. wake up. these guys are not here for new business, scouting sales, executing projects, produce new clients, but reduce costs through outsourcing..
    High end development does not generally happen here. Maruti,hero honda, airport, ancilliaries etc produce real economies. Flashy buildings will disappear in a flash, once cheaper/better/lawfull options available in India/overseas.
    Infra in GGN is dwindling unless uplifted with positive changes in local transport as proposed, electicity supply, roads. Natural growth will continue but excessive and proposed supply will provide cheaper alternatives with better amenities as compared to high priced areas. This can have counter impact on increase in prices over medium to long term.
    Cheers!!!
    CommentQuote
  • Ohh yeah, no doubt about that.

FBD used to be a big industrial town, still is, but GGN/Manesar belt is way ahead now.
    CommentQuote
  • More industries coming up in Faridabad.

Work on F'bad model township to begin soon
    CommentQuote