Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Suggestions needed - South Delhi OR Gurgaon ?

Collapse
X
Collapse

Suggestions needed - South Delhi OR Gurgaon ?

Last updated: June 7 2011
36 | Posts
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re : Suggestions needed - South Delhi OR Gurgaon ?

Originally posted by VarunVKV View Post
    Hi Guys,

One of my cousins is looking to buy a house immediately...
    My view is it all depends on where he works & how long and with ease he can reach his place of work. That should play a key role in deciding a home. Across the world across in any metropolis this is factored in, except when the person can work from home or is retired.

In 5 years this will be the mantra for people in Gurgaon-Delhi-Noida as well.

Metro is a game changer but it works for people whose offices are in metro route.

Comment

i have quickly scanned the thread....not sure what are the criteria for moving since the details are incomplete.....

anyways if u can add JP Greens-Sun court/Moon court(option of 1-2 flats per floor) which is at pari chowk amidst 350 acres golf course, 85% open area actually...u/ur family will never regret in your life, just have a look at the project and let me know....price shud be 2cr.
      MM

Comment

Originally posted by jankit View Post
        My view is it all depends on where he works & how long and with ease he can reach his place of work. That should play a key role in deciding a home. Across the world across in any metropolis this is factored in, except when the person can work from home or is retired.

In 5 years this will be the mantra for people in Gurgaon-Delhi-Noida as well.

Metro is a game changer but it works for people whose offices are in metro route.
        He is having his office in South Delhi , commuting is not an issue for him , though south Delhi is more comfortable but he is OK with Gurgaon too , just because of the commuting time he doesn't want to compromise on his living .

Ishan bhai , i agree it doesn't seem logical to compare Gurgaon with Delhi . However, i doubt next 5-7 years or even 10 years the problems like electricity etc will be solved as gurgaon is expanding , many buildings/societies/plots are being developed at a rapid pace , i dont see the government having the basic infrastructure to fulfill the future demands .

Guys how about a 350-400 Sq. yard builder floor in DLF phase 1 or a 200-250 sq. yard plot in SL 2 ?

Comment

Delhi is getting really bad. One would have thought all the flyovers would have reduced congestion. But no!
          Parking is a real problem. Neighbours fight over parking. Four floor buildings and each house has two cars. Eight cars per building....How do you park? So you line along the parks. Even that is not enough. So you go in the backlane. But that is too damn narrow.
          I have had to reject many houses in Delhi because of inadequate parking space. Who wants to fight with the neighbours after a long day at work?
          I am told that even houses in Vasant Vihar that command Rs 1 lakh and more as monthly rent are providing space for only one car... Except for some South Delhi colonies, the rest do not even have a park. So where do the children play? So park them at home in front of the TV.
          Anyday I would prefer Gurgoan or NOIDA (if it had not been for my place of work that is Delhi) to invest and stay in.

Comment

He is having his office in South Delhi , commuting is not an issue for him , though south Delhi is more comfortable but he is OK with Gurgaon too , just because of the commuting time he doesn't want to compromise on his living .

Ishan bhai , i agree it doesn't seem logical to compare Gurgaon with Delhi . However, i doubt next 5-7 years or even 10 years the problems like electricity etc will be solved as gurgaon is expanding , many buildings/societies/plots are being developed at a rapid pace , i dont see the government having the basic infrastructure to fulfill the future demands .

Guys how about a 350-400 Sq. yard builder floor in DLF phase 1 or a 200-250 sq. yard plot in SL 2 ?

well a builder floor of 400 sq yds in dlf -1 should cost anywhere between 2 cr to 3.3 cr depending on location , whether its new built up or old ... and i dont think there would be a builder floor for 400 sq yds in dlf .... as most builder prefer building floors on sub 360 sq yds plots ....

also a 240 sq yd plot in sushant lok-2 /3 if location is avg to good should be between 70k-75k per sq yd .....

Comment

Originally posted by ISHANb View Post
              well a builder floor of 400 sq yds in dlf -1 should cost anywhere between 2 cr to 3.3 cr depending on location , whether its new built up or old ... and i dont think there would be a builder floor for 400 sq yds in dlf .... as most builder prefer building floors on sub 360 sq yds plots ....

also a 240 sq yd plot in sushant lok-2 /3 if location is avg to good should be between 70k-75k per sq yd .....
              Thanks for the reply ishanb bhai , which option you suggest , a floor in DLF phase 1(360 sq. yard) or a plot in SL2(240 Sq. yard) ? A dealer told my cousin yesterday that the registration for builder floors is becoming very difficult as the government has imposed many rules and regulations like , Completion certificate etc which are not available with most of the builders, is that correct ?

Comment

Originally posted by Munish Malhautra View Post
                i have quickly scanned the thread....not sure what are the criteria for moving since the details are incomplete.....

anyways if u can add JP Greens-Sun court/Moon court(option of 1-2 flats per floor) which is at pari chowk amidst 350 acres golf course, 85% open area actually...u/ur family will never regret in your life, just have a look at the project and let me know....price shud be 2cr.
                Varun-fyi maybe u missed the above option.
                MM

Comment

Thanks for the reply ishanb bhai , which option you suggest , a floor in DLF phase 1(360 sq. yard) or a plot in SL2(240 Sq. yard) ? A dealer told my cousin yesterday that the registration for builder floors is becoming very difficult as the government has imposed many rules and regulations like , Completion certificate etc which are not available with most of the builders, is that correct ?
                  Naa its all bullshit , everywhere in india one needs completion certificate yaa ..... and CC is also not a pre requisite for registration of builder floor but you should buy a floor or for that matter even a kothi which has CC with it ....

Also living wise , dlf-1 builder floor would be better , but appreciation wise 240 plot in sl-2 will give more appreciation ..... he can also have a look at 150 sq yd built up options avlble in dlf 1 which would be avlble in range of 2-2.25 depending on location !!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ISHANb View Post
                    Naa its all bullshit , everywhere in india one needs completion certificate yaa ..... and CC is also not a pre requisite for registration of builder floor but you should buy a floor or for that matter even a kothi which has CC with it ....

Also living wise , dlf-1 builder floor would be better , but appreciation wise 240 plot in sl-2 will give more appreciation ..... he can also have a look at 150 sq yd built up options avlble in dlf 1 which would be avlble in range of 2-2.25 depending on location !!!!
                    Yes , the CC is required everywhere in India but if i talk of delhi, 95% of Owners don't have it , if one keep this as a major criteria in delhi , one would not be able to buy anything other than few latest constructions .

I gave him the suggestion to buy a plot in SL2 since he can also generate some income by leasing out the upper floors and after few years he can dispose the upper floors , so he can have both as investment and end use . But yes living wise DLF 1 is better . Is 150 sq. yard a good option , i mean is it in demand cos i 've heard in Gurgaon plots above 250 sq yards are the ones which are easy to find buyers. anything less is slow moving ..
                    Now the BIG question , Can we expect the prices to come down since the ratio of white money has increased a lot after the recent hike in circle rates . I have been told by local dealers that since the increase in circle rates the market for plots in these regions has slowed down and if things remain this way ,the market is expected to come down in 3-4 months ?

Comment

Varun-fyi maybe u missed the above option.
                      Hi sorry Munish , missed your post . He is not interested in any place other than the Gurgaon and South Delhi , Noida , GN may be a good option but he is not considering it .

Comment

Have any questions or thoughts about this?
                      Working...
                      X