Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Suggestions needed - South Delhi OR Gurgaon ?

Collapse
X
Collapse

Suggestions needed - South Delhi OR Gurgaon ?

Last updated: June 7 2011
36 | Posts
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re : Suggestions needed - South Delhi OR Gurgaon ?

This is gettin interesting.

What do you mean by Good Property?

An investment is an investment. The purpose of it should be appreciation. I would be willing to to invest in almost anywhere in Delhi more probably in DDA colonies where there are some parks and open space that you will not feel suffocated and there is some parking facility. It can be for Rs.25 lacks for a Janata Flat and 1 corores of an MIG Flat. For somebody having 60 lacks in his kitty, he can avail a Bank loan for a bigger house also. The interest paid minus the rent received on a rented property can be decreased from your income(without any limit) for I.T purpose as loss from property.

Try to find out whether there is any DDA colony in Delhi where the prices have not doubled within the last 5 years. If you take a paper and calculator and do some calculation you may agree with me.

Now the point about buying the new properties which are being launched. I believe that it is very lucrative to book for a property at its pre-launch and launch stages. Of course there is risk involved. It would require a lot of research and is time consuming process also. But the losses you may incur in one project will be doubly compensated in others in which you make profit.
    The point is do the due diligence as if you are going to buy a property where you expect to say. You generally book with 10% of the project cost. In most of the cases in the first year you may not have to make any more payment since they have not started anything yet. In the next year if the price of the property is increased by 10% your investment is doubled if you sell your booking.
    But most importanly believe in your Common Sense while listening to the experts.

Comment

Originally posted by varghese View Post
      This is gettin interesting.

What do you mean by Good Property?

An investment is an investment. The purpose of it should be appreciation. I would be willing to to invest in almost anywhere in Delhi more probably in DDA colonies where there are some parks and open space that you will not feel suffocated and there is some parking facility. It can be for Rs.25 lacks for a Janata Flat and 1 corores of an MIG Flat. For somebody having 60 lacks in his kitty, he can avail a Bank loan for a bigger house also. The interest paid minus the rent received on a rented property can be decreased from your income(without any limit) for I.T purpose as loss from property.

Try to find out whether there is any DDA colony in Delhi where the prices have not doubled within the last 5 years. If you take a paper and calculator and do some calculation you may agree with me.

Now the point about buying the new properties which are being launched. I believe that it is very lucrative to book for a property at its pre-launch and launch stages. Of course there is risk involved. It would require a lot of research and is time consuming process also. But the losses you may incur in one project will be doubly compensated in others in which you make profit.
      The point is do the due diligence as if you are going to buy a property where you expect to say. You generally book with 10% of the project cost. In most of the cases in the first year you may not have to make any more payment since they have not started anything yet. In the next year if the price of the property is increased by 10% your investment is doubled if you sell your booking.
      But most importanly believe in your Common Sense while listening to the experts.
      Rightly said an investment is an investment . Whether good or bad only time tells . If you are willing to invest anywhere in delhi including DDA flats then why not in South Delhi in a good builder floor , where you are gonna spend the rest of your life . That too will appreciate and maybe at a better, faster pace than a DDA flat .
      Agreed the prices in DDA flats have doubled in last 5 years ,whereas prices in any plot or builder's floor in good places in all over delhi too have more than doubled or maybe tripled in the last 5 years . The rates have increased overall not just one section or society .

The pre launches are simple funda , high risk ,high rewards game . Yes if you choose the right builders ,it mostly always pays off well . I too have invested in couple of projects but at this point of time i hardly see a good builder launching a project at reasonable prices .

Verghese bro i dont doubt your calculations , they are spot on but my only point is that if by spending that little extra you get a better society to live in , then one should go for it , after all living in a good society always pays you and your family to a great extent , especially the upbringing of the children , You cant calculate ROI and rentals from day one all your life . There are some decisions to be taken beyond those immediate visible returns which infact(if calculated in the long run) fetches you much much more than what you lose in the form of those small rentals , ROI .

Life is not only about brains , its a combination of both , the heart and brain . If it was only about calculations we woudn’t have seen so many luxury items , cars like Skoda's , Merc's , Beemers etc , people instead would have bought Maruti 800s and lived on with it and invested the remaining amount in shares or real estate .

You do need those luxuries in life , infact thats what u earn for ,the only question you need to ask yourself is , Can you afford it ? This is the time where you want your head to rule your heart and if your head says Yes ,you should take a step ahead and do it , as far as my cousin’s case in concerned , I know he can afford it as he would not loose much even if he includes that amount , since he is having his family properties/investments too which can take gud care of him in those trouble times(if ever) .

Comment

O.K . Varun Bhai.

I lay down my arms.

Comment

I recall a story narrated by Khushwant Singh.

The story takes place during the days when he was working in Hindustan Times.

He is in Punjab in a Cab driven by an old Sardarji.

While making small talks the Oldie wants to know what Khushwant is doing for a living. Khushwant Singh replies that he is working for Birla. After some moments the old man enquires again:
          "This Birla is a very rich man?"
          "Yes he is a very wealthy man" Khushwant replies.
          This time the old man remains silent for a longer duration, then declares:
          " If I were Birla I would be having more money than him".
          "How come?"
          "I would be having all the money Birla is having and on the top of it I will drive this taxi" replies the Sardarji.

Comment

South Delhi vs. Gurgaon

Hi,
            I have been a resident of South Delhi and Gurgaon.
            Frankly Speaking Gurgaon is no match to South Delhi in terms of
            1) Location proximity to Delhi/Gurgaon, Noida and Faridabad , it is centrally located.
            2) All types of commuting options like car/bus/metro/autos.
            3) Easy access to great places to shop, roam and have fun.
            4) No problems in late night outings.
            5) Being in The Delhi.
            The only negative factor is price of property.If you can afford anything above 1 cr, u can buy a decent 1000-1500 sqft of "builder floor" space in localities like Malviya Nagar, Lajpat Nagar and Kalkaji.
            So the only compromise is space if you move to South Delhi but rest are unmatched.
            Thanks
            Pol

Comment

Varun Bhai, one of the most well said, apt & vivid comments, i have seen in the forum, hats off to u . Loved reading it .

Originally posted by VarunVKV View Post
              Rightly............

Life is not only about brains , its a combination of both , the heart and brain . If it was only about calculations we woudn’t have seen so many luxury items , cars like Skoda's , Merc's , Beemers etc , people instead would have bought Maruti 800s and lived on with it and invested the remaining amount in shares or real estate .

You do need those luxuries in life , infact thats what u earn for ,the only question you need to ask yourself is , Can you afford it ? This is the time where you want your head to rule your heart and if your head says Yes ,you should take a step ahead and do it , as far as my cousin’s case in concerned , I know he can afford it as he would not loose much even if he includes that amount , since he is having his family properties/investments too which can take gud care of him in those trouble times(if ever)
              Please read IREF rules | FAQ's

Comment

Originally posted by varghese View Post
                O.K . Varun Bhai.

I lay down my arms.
                Chill verghese bhai , there's nothing to lay down your arms for . Its just a healthy discussion we all are a part of and i am sure we all are learning from it one way or the other . The points raised by you were very valid and practical.

Originally posted by MANOJa View Post
                Varun Bhai, one of the most well said, apt & vivid comments, i have seen in the forum, hats off to u . Loved reading it .
                Thanks Manoj bhai , i highly appreciate you liked it

Comment

Have any questions or thoughts about this?
                Working...
                X