Does anybody has any Idea when Haldiram Toll Plaza is Going to move ? I am planning to book some project after the Toll Plaza.
Read more
70 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Originally Posted by sunny9
    Thanks mate for the info. I have booked a 1900 sq ft unit at Palm Gardens at a pretty good rate (got a decent discount).

Palm hills is available at a decent price but as you rightly said there are many -ves about that project although it fares better then Vatika and Mapkso's in that area.

Cheers!

Congrats man!!!

I'm sure it's gonna give you great returns in medium to long term. So where's the party??? ;) ;)
    CommentQuote
  • jas_nri: You can get a discount of 2.5% easily from any broker. Although many brokers said that there are no good units left at at launch rate of 4100 psf but things were different when i walked in Emaar office.

I used a combination of both for booking this unit. Let me know how it goes for you.

St_Anger: Would be in Palm Hills :)
    CommentQuote
  • i too went to PH this weekend and there is definitely work happening on the NH widening. right outside PH on both sides of teh road, one could see a lot of work happening.
    so, while i understand that the toll is going to move in about another 12-18 months, i don't see a reason to assume why will it not happen in te next 10 years, i.e. 2021.

also, friends, lets not forget that all the new GGn sectors are sold on the very basic premise that the toll would move. so there is already enough pressure by the developers and to all i see, it should move in the next 1-1.5 years

Originally Posted by St_Anger
    I Went to see Palm hills and palm gardens projects last week as i was planning to pick a 3 bedroom there.
    From what i heard from the people over there, that the next master plan ( that is, the one after 2021) will have the proposal to shift the toll. Provided, HUDA doesnt bring any new proposal to shift it ahead, as of today we can safely assume that the toll is there to stay ( for more than a few years, atleast).:bab (38):

As for broadening of NH 8... Negative!!! I couldn't see any 'work in progress' but yeah from the grapevine, the broadening is a high priority issue and shall commence soon.:D
    CommentQuote
  • Congrats sunny.. you booked in which tower?.I have booked 1 1900 feet in tower 4 4100 rate...
    CommentQuote
  • atul bhai... is tower 4 not the luxury tower???? then how come 4100???

Originally Posted by AtulGupta
    Congrats sunny.. you booked in which tower?.I have booked 1 1900 feet in tower 4 4100 rate...
    CommentQuote
  • yes..250 is additional. actually when I booked 250 was added as PLC in booking for but later they clubbed with basic.
    CommentQuote
  • I had booked in tower 7.
    CommentQuote
  • The pressure will not be just from builders... let all the roads (NPR, SPR, Faridabad road) be in place... govt will be bound to move the toll. All these roads will be merging in NH8 within 200 meters to 1 km from the present toll location. If the toll is not shifted... one can see day long jam :)

TOLL will be shifted for sure... the real question is "WHEN". Will govt take proactive step or will let people suffer and then shift the location?
    CommentQuote
  • Heard from a big Builder that It will take 2-3 years minimum for Toll movement.

Teja
    CommentQuote
  • Could be true, but before 2-3 years, almost none of the projects on the NH would be delivered ( except Uppal's Canary etc. ) . So, if this news is correct, Toll would have moved, before u shift in or get possession .

I am in a wait & watch mode on this .

Originally Posted by ColonelTeja
    Heard from a big Builder that It will take 2-3 years minimum for Toll movement.

Teja
    CommentQuote
  • Toll Plaza trouble.. Should go.. Citizens fed up

Fed up, citizens want toll plaza to go - Hindustan Times

Thousands of residents, egged on by RWAs and other NGOs, on Sunday staged a massive protest demanding removal of one of the two toll plazas on the Delhi-Gurgaon expressway. The protesters threw open the barriers and allowed commuters to cross the Delhi border toll plaza.

grouse of the residents is that for a distance of 18 km, Delhi-Gurgaon Supper Connectivity Limited, the firm that operates the expressway, was charging commuters twice over by operating two toll gates - one at Delhi border and another at Kherki Daula.
    The protest was peaceful. The protesters reached the window of tax booths and stopped the toll agents from collecting fee from the commuters.

A protester said, "As per the toll policy for national highway, the distance between two toll plazas should be at least 65km. But in the Gurgaon expressway two plazas are separated by just 24km. For a person who is going to Manesar from Delhi will have to pay toll fee twice. This is unjustified."

"They should do away with one of the toll plazas," said a protester. Organisations such as Gurgaon Citizen Council, JAFRA, Saheed Smarak Committee, Indian Ex-Servicemen Movement, Zila Sainik Board and RWAs took part in the demonstration.

The residents were also unhappy with the facilities provided by the expressway firm. According to them, it takes lot of time to cross a toll plaza as it is always crowded. "The firm is interested only in making money. Even ambulances have to wait for as long as half-an-hour or more at times," said BD Pahuja, secretary of sector 14 RWA.

However, the firm dismissed the claims of the protesters. A DGSCL official said, "The Delhi-Gurgaon expressway is the busiest expressway in the country with close to 2,00,000 vehicles passing on it daily. Due to sheer increase in the traffic volume, there have been instances of congestion on the expressway and we are putting in our best efforts as well as working closely with the authorities on this. We have highly trained toll collectors to minimise transaction time at the toll window.”

A real problem that needs to be attended to on priority!!! Probably the worse experience of being in Gurgaon is to get stuck morning and evening twice in a day and still pay for it.. Its a poor attempt on the part of spokesperson of DGSCL to defend the long waiting time.

Cheers
    CommentQuote
  • kaam ho gaya!!! Toll tax served notice by NHAI

NHAI may scrap deal with E-way operator DSC
    NHAI may scrap deal with E-way operator DSC - Hindustan Times

he National Highways Authority of India (NHAI) — the nodal agency that develops highways across the country — on Wednesday served a termination notice to DSC Limited, the Delhi-Gurgaon Expressway operator, for violating several terms of the contract that it had signed with the authority.

“The Gurgaon-based DSC Limited has been given 15 days to respond to the charges. If they fail to give a satisfactory response, NHAI will terminate the contract and take over the operation and maintenance of the expressway,” said an official, who did not want to be quoted.

The violations include the concessionaire’s failure to decongest the 28-km expressway that connects the Millennium City with the Capital, failure to finalise the operation and maintenance programme of the road for 2011-12, and fraud in obtaining financial assistance to the tune of Rs 1,597 crore without NHAI’s approval.

A DSC spokesperson confirmed receiving the notice. “We have just received the letter from NHAI and are studying it and shall respond to it soon and present the facts. In any case, on all the points mentioned in the letter we have been in active communication with the NHAI,” a statement issued by the concessionaire said. Hindustan Times had on November 15 first reported that the Delhi-Gurgaon Expressway operator may lose its contract for violating terms of its agreement with NHAI.

The NHAI in its notice said DSC had diverted funds to the tune of Rs 1,597 crore from the escrow account - jointly held by it and the authority and where money collected as toll charges goes — to its “own companies and unknown account at the cost of ignoring the operation and maintenance obligation such as capacity augmentation, easing of traffic flow and better tolling arrangement”.

“It’s the concessionaire’s contractual agreement to provide comfort and relief to travelers. It has failed to do so despite repeated reminders,” said a NHAI official.

The expressway was the first public-private partnership (PPP) project in the highways sector and was awarded to a consortium of Jaypee Industries and DSC on built-operate-transfer (BOT) model in 2002. It is now run solely by DSC Ltd, a company promoted by NRI businessman HS Narula. The company is currently executing six other highway projects on the BOT model.

The Union Road Ministry, under whose jurisdiction NHAI falls, had on November 3 written to the authority to initiate legal action against DSC. The ministry told NHAI to “not hesitate in terminating the agreement so that a stellar message and warning is issued to the concessionaire that compliance of the contractual agreement is mandatory failing which will be taken against them”.

Above can well be considered as precursor to the realignment of dwarka expressway with NH8 and possibly more enjoyable travel for commuters:D:bab (22)::bab (4):
    Cheers
    CommentQuote
  • HI
    Greetings

The amounts leveled in the notice are large enough for breach of contract and suspension/termination of the same!!!

This may bring new dimensions to the projects around NH8 and 8x sectors..

Cheers
    CommentQuote
  • BlessU ji,
    Can they enforce this toll to shift to Bilaspur ?
    Or is there any news for the same ? Coz there was a proposal to widen both the toll gates...

Originally Posted by BlessU
    NHAI may scrap deal with E-way operator DSC
    NHAI may scrap deal with E-way operator DSC - Hindustan Times

he National Highways Authority of India (NHAI) — the nodal agency that develops highways across the country — on Wednesday served a termination notice to DSC Limited, the Delhi-Gurgaon Expressway operator, for violating several terms of the contract that it had signed with the authority.

“The Gurgaon-based DSC Limited has been given 15 days to respond to the charges. If they fail to give a satisfactory response, NHAI will terminate the contract and take over the operation and maintenance of the expressway,” said an official, who did not want to be quoted.

The violations include the concessionaire’s failure to decongest the 28-km expressway that connects the Millennium City with the Capital, failure to finalise the operation and maintenance programme of the road for 2011-12, and fraud in obtaining financial assistance to the tune of Rs 1,597 crore without NHAI’s approval.

A DSC spokesperson confirmed receiving the notice. “We have just received the letter from NHAI and are studying it and shall respond to it soon and present the facts. In any case, on all the points mentioned in the letter we have been in active communication with the NHAI,” a statement issued by the concessionaire said. Hindustan Times had on November 15 first reported that the Delhi-Gurgaon Expressway operator may lose its contract for violating terms of its agreement with NHAI.

The NHAI in its notice said DSC had diverted funds to the tune of Rs 1,597 crore from the escrow account - jointly held by it and the authority and where money collected as toll charges goes — to its “own companies and unknown account at the cost of ignoring the operation and maintenance obligation such as capacity augmentation, easing of traffic flow and better tolling arrangement”.

“It’s the concessionaire’s contractual agreement to provide comfort and relief to travelers. It has failed to do so despite repeated reminders,” said a NHAI official.

The expressway was the first public-private partnership (PPP) project in the highways sector and was awarded to a consortium of Jaypee Industries and DSC on built-operate-transfer (BOT) model in 2002. It is now run solely by DSC Ltd, a company promoted by NRI businessman HS Narula. The company is currently executing six other highway projects on the BOT model.

The Union Road Ministry, under whose jurisdiction NHAI falls, had on November 3 written to the authority to initiate legal action against DSC. The ministry told NHAI to “not hesitate in terminating the agreement so that a stellar message and warning is issued to the concessionaire that compliance of the contractual agreement is mandatory failing which will be taken against them”.

Above can well be considered as precursor to the realignment of dwarka expressway with NH8 and possibly more enjoyable travel for commuters:D:bab (22)::bab (4):
    Cheers
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by imsaurabh
    BlessU ji,
    Can they enforce this toll to shift to Bilaspur ?
    Or is there any news for the same ? Coz there was a proposal to widen both the toll gates...

Hi
    Greetings

Once breach of contract is established and the contract ends/made to end:D anything can happen..

some highly connected people operating here would have a better idea as $100s of mn are at stake..
    Out here its just a question of how wild you can make your imagination work where so much investments and reputation is at stake..

MPs news item
    followed by
    News of Meeting of NHAI and HUDA
    followed by
    News of protest
    followed by
    this notice to the BOLT company
    followed by
    News of protest

Ab samajhne ko kya bacha hai!!

Hona kya hai ek baat to samajh main aati hai.. toll to gaya

Nahin samajh aati to yeh ke kahana???

waise uski parwah bhi nahin hai for the time being till things move.

Honestly, their are two things which are the landmarks of gurgaon.. Signature tower which was built by DLF (now realing under a penalty of 630cr) second is the expressway by DGS...(now being served notice regarding irregularities).:o

Cheers
    CommentQuote