Dear all, My budget is around 60 Lakhs and looking to buy a apartment around sohna road, Please let me know what can I get in this budget/the best project to invest into. This would be for investment purpose. 50% loan.
I can increase my budge a little bit if I find something realy good.
Total cost including EDC/IDC,CAR PARKING,CLUB etc should be within 60-65 Lakhs
Also let me know what are the disadvantages of buying in resale.
Since I am very new in this feild, Knowlege is limited to reading this blog and visited a few sectors in gurgaon.
I would really appricate your guidence and help from senior members.
Thankyou very much.
Read more
19 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • on sohna rd 65 L would get you CHD/Today in under const. projects.

on GCX you can get bptp and ansal essentia..

and with a higher risk appatite can look at spire/era

Originally Posted by EdwardLewis
    Dear all, My budget is around 60 Lakhs and looking to buy a apartment around sohna road, Please let me know what can I get in this budget/the best project to invest into. This would be for investment purpose. 50% loan.
    I can increase my budge a little bit if I find something realy good.
    Total cost including EDC/IDC,CAR PARKING,CLUB etc should be within 60-65 Lakhs
    Also let me know what are the disadvantages of buying in resale.
    Since I am very new in this feild, Knowlege is limited to reading this blog and visited a few sectors in gurgaon.
    I would really appricate your guidence and help from senior members.
    Thankyou very much.
    CommentQuote
  • Yes..Even ..Tulip projects in sector 69-70 will fall under your budget...
    CommentQuote
  • Hi,

The projects being discussed here have already given the initial benefit/ profit. If you have a two years horizon then you can go for the new project Nirvana Country-3 which unitech is launching this week in soft launch. They are coming with four sizes 192 Sq yd, 240 sq yd, 360 Sq Yd and 500 Sq Yd. Initial booking amount would be 6, 8 and 10 lakhs. For the first two sizes it is 6 lakhs only. Nirvana-1&2 has already given very good returns. Brokers have already started accepting the cheques and they have to be given this week only.

Let me know in case you need any further details as who is dealing with this property and the deal available.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by AmitMM
    on sohna rd 65 L would get you CHD/Today in under const. projects.

on GCX you can get bptp and ansal essentia..

and with a higher risk appatite can look at spire/era

Avoid CHD as it is close to Sewage treatment plant. Essentia floors will not be in your budget. Don't know much about BPTP but a lot of people seem to have problems with that builder. Spire project seems to be having some issues but depends on your risk appetite (I personally like the location/project and might invest but it may take years for this project to come up). Era seems to be around since ages but has a huge question mark on it's quality of construction.
    CommentQuote
  • ggnkaaadmi, quite a fair analysis .

...........& to add one more thing, Ansal's project may have reached a high point in its appreciation graph, as for now . Further appreciation could be pretty gradual or may come at later stages of construction ( Ansal's construction quality & maintenance r nothing to rave about ) . My PoV, could be wrong here .
    CommentQuote
  • i guess than nothing worthwhile left for him to invest on sohna rd...

Originally Posted by ggnkaaadmi
    Avoid CHD as it is close to Sewage treatment plant. Essentia floors will not be in your budget. Don't know much about BPTP but a lot of people seem to have problems with that builder. Spire project seems to be having some issues but depends on your risk appetite (I personally like the location/project and might invest but it may take years for this project to come up). Era seems to be around since ages but has a huge question mark on it's quality of construction.
    CommentQuote
  • Would have helped to know that you plan to enter as an investor or End user.

Anyways, Unitech Project sounds like good option in original booking. 192 (sq yd) = 1728 sq feet in 65 Lakh ~ 3750 per sq ft.

Tulip is also quiet a good buy.
    CommentQuote
  • You can also consider Uniworld Garden II if you are an end user.
    Originally Posted by jankit
    Would have helped to know that you plan to enter as an investor or End user.

Anyways, Unitech Project sounds like good option in original booking. 192 (sq yd) = 1728 sq feet in 65 Lakh ~ 3750 per sq ft.

Tulip is also quiet a good buy.
    CommentQuote
  • In one of the thread, I read the calculation for unitech as :

180 sq yard - 1620 , if we take a super area as 70% - 1134 sq feet

I am not sure how it works, but if we go by this calculation, 190 sq yard would not go beyond 1200 sq feet super area(I am assuming its carpet area) and it will come out to be a decent 2BHK
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Tyro13
    In one of the thread, I read the calculation for unitech as :

180 sq yard - 1620 , if we take a super area as 70% - 1134 sq feet

I am not sure how it works, but if we go by this calculation, 190 sq yard would not go beyond 1200 sq feet super area(I am assuming its carpet area) and it will come out to be a decent 2BHK

You are right. Essentia floors are on 250 sqyd area and come out to be a measly 1323 sqft for around 65+ L. I guess those are better options than Unitech then.
    CommentQuote
  • I don't know if it's prudent to ask but I'll still go ahead and ask you that's what's with the fixation for sohna road? :bab (38): GCx is much better than sohna road and if size is not a concern then there's plenty of money to be made on GCx :bab (59): Anyway, my 2 paise to people who suggest CHD, ERA etc.. Gents, with all due respect, would you yourself invest your hard earned, blood-sweat-toil money with the likes of CHD, ERA,spire, Tulip etc at current prices???:D
    If not then why are you suggesting them to others?? Nd if yes, then god help your apetite for risk ( and in turn, in the words of the great GnR, your apetite for destruction!!!! ):bab (45):
    practice what you preach and vice versa!!!!
    These are projects with huge risks involved And a first time buyer shouldn't even think about them for various reasons ( kindly go through project specific threads or ask me specifically and I'll forward the best of what I know). Now let's come to the specific suggestions:-

1) palm studios sec 66
    2) emerald estate sec 65
    3)ireo uptown ( smallest size) sec 66
    4) emaar 214 yds floors sec 65

nd if u can stretch it a bit
    1) pioneer park 1200 sqft
    2) ireo uptown 1400 sqft
    3) emerald estate 1395

if u still insist and persist with sohna road nd adjoining areas

1) today canary
    2) today callidora
    3) unitech uniworld 2 - 973 sqft
    4)unitech sunbreeze/ vista

that's my take... As for the best advice.. Listen to everyone but do what YOU feel is right.. You will have one less regret if you s(r£w-up!!:D

P.S- all the numberings are in heirarchial order.. 1) for best nd progressively degraded from 2) nd so on!!!
    CommentQuote
  • Thanks everyone for your replies.

There is no specific love for the sohna road projects... its only that those projects will be near complition and sudden stock market down turn will not affect much on the construction...(I think it reduces my risk....i may b wrong)...

Also I have no plans to live there at least not for the next 2 yrs, I have my own residence in Delhi..

So it is purely for Investment purpose...and I can keep it for long term..would like to take possession of the flat :)

Problem is I am not able to invest much of my time investigating/visiting these projects/location as I travel daily from Delhi to Gurgaon in a CAB.

Thats y I need your help and suggessions..
    CommentQuote
  • I'd suggest you go for emerald estate or today canary then. EE was booked at 3000-3200 levels and still looks a decent buy at 4700-5000 levels. There is still good Money to be made with relative safety.
    Today was booked at 3650 and is still widely available at 3750. Hasn't shown any appreciation as older projects in the vicinity are available at cheaper prices but I guess buying it makes much more sense than chd etc
    the builder can be a little painful but will eventually beable to deliver ( has coupla malls in Delhi.. Northgate and westgate malls in north and west Delhi, if your familiar ) and five star hotel/ residential projects in gurgaon. Location is very good , especially access from NH-8 which would make it higher prices than it deserves, in the days of frantic traffic jams of gurgaon 5+ yrs hence!!
    CommentQuote
  • hi dear
    today canary greens is good option on sohna road ,price is still very competitive.
    CommentQuote
  • My personal opinion:

1) Spire South - If you have big heart and a time horizon of atleast one year. I think despite all issues it will eventually pick-up and after all because of those issues you are getting this project in sohna road at the rate of 2900-3100 in resale.

2) Projects in sector 83, 84 and 82. Because it looks to be grt place with all connectivity in near future.In my own thinking you can reach anywhere in GGN from sector 83 with-in 15-30 mins using NH8.

Also as your main solo motive is investment and you are planning to hold till possesion these should give you excellent returns.
    In my personal opinion other projects on sohna road or GCX, CHD, Tulip, EE, Palm Studio, Ireo Uptown, Emmar all are good from an end user perspective and also have given a very good return to their investors but at this time it is not wise to buy them in re-sale, simply bcoz of alot of cash envolved, already paid good premiums and the market is in upswing so they already reached ggod height.

Rest all depends on you wish, cash in hand and apetite for risk. With 3-4 yrs of time horizon any project in GGN will give you descent return.
    CommentQuote