I would appreciate if our members can provide some analysis over comparison of Unitech's Fresco vs South Park, ggn for self use apt based on the below criteria, and if the prices they are quoting seem accurate.

1) Budget max 1 cr. 80% on loan
3) 3 bedroom unit. Priorities- Get Sunlight, Ease of daily maintenance -Leakage, plumbing, electrical and other issues; Storage in kitchen, bedrooms, baths-i.e. good dressers, store room etc; and tight security
4) Middle class community. Good surrounding for young professionals and senior citizen families. No kids related requirements needed. Away from main highway/road traffic.
5) Possession within 3-5 years. Well reputed builder

For Fresco, 2 bedroom unit of 1370 sq ft area 6125 rupees per sq ft, the price details are:

Basic Sales Price = 6125
EDC = 114
Preferential Location Charges(corner) =150
Preferential Location Charges(top floor) =100
Interest Bearing Maintenance Charges =75
External Façade Maintenance and Renovation Fund =25
Covered car parking =300000
Club Fresco inhouse =65000
Club Patio South City 2 =125000

For Unitech South Park, price quoted is

Basic Sale Price (BSP) =5470
EDC = 95
DC = 33
Single = 200
Interest Free Maintenance Security Deposit = 50
Car parking Covered = 3,00,000
Car parking Open = 2,00,000
Club Membership = 75,000

Do these prices seem reasonable? Are there any other new projects that fit the given criteria. Senior members, I look forward to your guidance

Much obliged. Thank you
Read more
6 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • hi maunisha,

two different projects so not strictly comparable

fresco is ready to move in( some towers ready others in 6-9 months)
    SP just launched so delivery in 3-4 years.

2. Fresco requires complete upfront payment SP will have gradual cash out flow. Do consider that in case of SP 2 bhk is available only in subvention scheme( 3 bhk can be had in CLP)

3. fresco would require coloured component. SP wont...( fresco resale SP original booking.

I suggest you factor in asto what is your expected delivery horizon. If you intend to stay( self use) in the next few years consider Fresco else look at SP.

also for comparison factor rental income from fresco ( about 25000/month)

as to some of your earlier questions..

1. Short list projects from net but have some one on the ground to do due diligence.
    2. take multiple quotes
    3. figure out what is the upfront payment you can do. also figure how much cash component you are comfortable with/have
    4. get a loan pre approval to establish sanction limit.
    5. set delivery horizon.
    6. most importantly make a list of negotiables/non negotiables you expect from a project..

PS SP rates are correct for 2 bhk( 3 bhk is 5310) Frseco you can get lower at 6000-6050 odd

Happy Investing!!!

Originally Posted by maunisha
    I would appreciate if our members can provide some analysis over comparison of Unitech's Fresco vs South Park, ggn for self use apt based on the below criteria, and if the prices they are quoting seem accurate.

1) Budget max 1 cr. 80% on loan
    3) 3 bedroom unit. Priorities- Get Sunlight, Ease of daily maintenance -Leakage, plumbing, electrical and other issues; Storage in kitchen, bedrooms, baths-i.e. good dressers, store room etc; and tight security
    4) Middle class community. Good surrounding for young professionals and senior citizen families. No kids related requirements needed. Away from main highway/road traffic.
    5) Possession within 3-5 years. Well reputed builder

For Fresco, 2 bedroom unit of 1370 sq ft area 6125 rupees per sq ft, the price details are:

Basic Sales Price = 6125
    EDC = 114
    Preferential Location Charges(corner) =150
    Preferential Location Charges(top floor) =100
    Interest Bearing Maintenance Charges =75
    External Façade Maintenance and Renovation Fund =25
    Covered car parking =300000
    Club Fresco inhouse =65000
    Club Patio South City 2 =125000

For Unitech South Park, price quoted is

Basic Sale Price (BSP) =5470
    EDC = 95
    DC = 33
    Single = 200
    Interest Free Maintenance Security Deposit = 50
    Car parking Covered = 3,00,000
    Car parking Open = 2,00,000
    Club Membership = 75,000

Do these prices seem reasonable? Are there any other new projects that fit the given criteria. Senior members, I look forward to your guidance

Much obliged. Thank you
    CommentQuote
  • I think if u r looking for self use then go 4 Fresco (Ready to move)

Location is already developed. U can stay in Fresco from day one. No risk as you can see the construction quality and everything.

Generally under construction properties are for investment. U r taking risk when u buy under construction properties.

Ofcourse if u buy ready to move properties then there are issues as mentioned by AmitMM related to upfront payment and coloured money.

Originally Posted by AmitMM
    hi maunisha,

two different projects so not strictly comparable

fresco is ready to move in( some towers ready others in 6-9 months)
    SP just launched so delivery in 3-4 years.

2. Fresco requires complete upfront payment SP will have gradual cash out flow. Do consider that in case of SP 2 bhk is available only in subvention scheme( 3 bhk can be had in CLP)

3. fresco would require coloured component. SP wont...( fresco resale SP original booking.

I suggest you factor in asto what is your expected delivery horizon. If you intend to stay( self use) in the next few years consider Fresco else look at SP.

also for comparison factor rental income from fresco ( about 25000/month)

as to some of your earlier questions..

1. Short list projects from net but have some one on the ground to do due diligence.
    2. take multiple quotes
    3. figure out what is the upfront payment you can do. also figure how much cash component you are comfortable with/have
    4. get a loan pre approval to establish sanction limit.
    5. set delivery horizon.
    6. most importantly make a list of negotiables/non negotiables you expect from a project..

PS SP rates are correct for 2 bhk( 3 bhk is 5310) Frseco you can get lower at 6000-6050 odd

Happy Investing!!!
    CommentQuote
  • Dear Amitji,

Your guidance is very valuable for starters like me. Can you please advise, why for fresco is charging premium/high rates 6000+, that is a cr, for just 1300+ sq feet 2 bed unit? Thanks much.
    CommentQuote
  • Also Amitji,

Apologize for my ignorance, but when you say- get multiple quotes- do you mean diff quotes from diff property dealers, that is hire diff dealers? Also are there any other good projects with a 3-5 delivery horizon and fitting my specified criteria above. Basically locations/units in ggn to settle down for middle class single corp professionals staying with parents? Basic challenge in the current floor plans i see, is that there seems to be very limited storage capacity.
    CommentQuote
  • Many thanks for your advise rajggn. Can you please recommend -any other units in ggn who will fit the specified criteria -above please? Thanks much.
    CommentQuote
  • yes , ask a few dealers.... you dont have to hire them... just ask for quotes...

3-5 years horizon would cover most projects!!! depends on how big a size you need and when do you actually need it...
    its dependent on location and builder( fresco is 6000/bptp is 4500 etc etc)

across all projects you will have issue of storgae... no seperate store room in most... one way is to go for an appt with servent room and use it as store...

Originally Posted by maunisha
    Also Amitji,

Apologize for my ignorance, but when you say- get multiple quotes- do you mean diff quotes from diff property dealers, that is hire diff dealers? Also are there any other good projects with a 3-5 delivery horizon and fitting my specified criteria above. Basically locations/units in ggn to settle down for middle class single corp professionals staying with parents? Basic challenge in the current floor plans i see, is that there seems to be very limited storage capacity.
    CommentQuote