I am looking at the Spaze Privy, Sector 72, Gurgaon . Please can the members who know about this project advise on how good/bad this is. They claim that it will be delivered in 1 year from now. What do you guys think?

What price would be the right price to buy into this project?
Read more
Reply
477 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Yes, the buyers agreement says that the area is provisional and can change as per actual position at the time of possession. It is all in favour of the builder. The only point we can fight on is that how they can offer permissive possession and claim final payment when the OC is not received. There is no mention of permissive possession in the agreement. However, Spaze is getting an undertaking signed while taking permissive possession which absolves them from all responsibility about construction deficiencies and any claims later on. So from Spaze pong if view everything is" Heads I gain, tails you lose"
    CommentQuote
  • Increase of 7.5% to be precise.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Krishbharti
    Yes, the buyers agreement says that the area is provisional and can change as per actual position at the time of possession. It is all in favour of the builder. The only point we can fight on is that how they can offer permissive possession and claim final payment when the OC is not received. There is no mention of permissive possession in the agreement. However, Spaze is getting an undertaking signed while taking permissive possession which absolves them from all responsibility about construction deficiencies and any claims later on. So from Spaze pong if view everything is" Heads I gain, tails you lose"


    Hmmmmm so if it's there in the signed BBA then I don't think much can be done about it. But, you should definitely ask them to show old and updated floor plan to all buyers. I hope that with a 10% increase in super area there is a commensurate increase in the carpet area as well. If not, then you end up paying lakhs for nothing but air!
    CommentQuote
  • Well, there is no change in carpet area. Only the super area has been increased. In fact some people measured their carpet areas and found that in some cases the dimensions are short.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Krishbharti
    Well, there is no change in carpet area. Only the super area has been increased. In fact some people measured their carpet areas and found that in some cases the dimensions are short.


    That is shocking! No wonder there is so much unrest. An increase in super area that too with nil increase in the carpet area is seriously gonna hurt.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by shane13
    That is shocking! No wonder there is so much unrest. An increase in super area that too with nil increase in the carpet area is seriously gonna hurt.


    I agree it is unfair but this is not shocking to me as most of the builders adopt this practice... To me it is more of an undocumented rule... Only some major movement against the builder can lead to a solution.. But I foresee that ppl willing to mov will surrender slowly
    CommentQuote
  • You are right. Even otherwise, people can't afford to keep their 95% payment blocked indefinitely in case they think of legal action. So, it's only for records that builders cheat and still have their way despite uproar, protests and insinuations.
    CommentQuote
  • Has some middle ground be reached with the builder. I feel if we get them to agree to sharing of the increased amount equally and delay penalty on enhanced area, this could be one way out. Has some one evaluated consumer forum/legal option.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by rbindroo
    Has some middle ground be reached with the builder. I feel if we get them to agree to sharing of the increased amount equally and delay penalty on enhanced area, this could be one way out. Has some one evaluated consumer forum/legal option.


    There is a meeting of owners in Spaze office on coming Saturday at 11.30am. You may like to attend. Presumably, Spaze have agreed on a payment of Rs 1 lakh now and balance on completion of any pending work/ deficiencies in the apartment.there has not been any agreement on the 10% increase in super area. The options of legal action/ consumer forum etc have been discussed many times but there are divergent views because the matter can get prolonged indefinitely and people who have already paid up 95% cannot afford to keep the money blocked for so long, particularly those who are paying loan installments and staying in rented accommodation.
    CommentQuote
  • All,
    I have got the possession letter for tower B as well .. as all even I have been surprised with this new demand and increased area of the flat. I would like to join the group and any future meetings planned with Spaze. Also would appreciate if some one can let me know the latest update from the meeting which happened on Saturday , 22nd 2014.

    Thanks,
    Sunil
    CommentQuote
  • Well the meeting could not happen as the concerned official of Spaze was on leave. People are trying to ascertain if spaze accepts some token payment now and then complete the leftout works in the apartment within a month. The issue is still wide open, nothing is certain. Date for the next meeting has not been decided, generally members prefer to meet on Saturdays.
    CommentQuote
  • krishji, meet vivek one to one and sort out.

    Already 250 unit holders have paid and people will start moving in March where all depends
    on electricity on government rates
    CommentQuote
  • How are people who haven't paid the last installment avoiding the interest? AFAIK, the last date was Feb. 10. Has SPAZE given any relaxation for the due date?
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by ravi2010
    krishji, meet vivek one to one and sort out.

    Already 250 unit holders have paid and people will start moving in March where all depends
    on electricity on government rates


    Mr.Ravi, I did meet Vivek recently. He insists on part payment now and PDC for balance. Spaze will give us a letter that in case any legal issues arise for want of OC, Spaze will be responsible. There is a group of owners who are likely to go in for legal action but I don't feel that this will be in best interest of those who want to move in soon. It's true that more than 200 owners have paid and Spaze are finishing left over works in their apartments.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by elbis123
    How are people who haven't paid the last installment avoiding the interest? AFAIK, the last date was Feb. 10. Has SPAZE given any relaxation for the due date?


    I understand that if you make a request that You are paying without receipt of OC and so they should not be charged any interest, Spaze is agreeable to waivie interest charges.
    CommentQuote