Spaze Privy Sector 72 Gurgaon

Last updated: October 20 2018
494 | Posts
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re : Spaze Privy Sector 72 Gurgaon

Originally posted by Krishbharti View Post
    Hi, it is not just tower D but the entire project. They have increased super area by 10%. We have had a number of meetings with Spaze but they are not willing to reconsider.
    Was there a clause in the BBA provisioning for increase in super area at the time for possession?

Comment

Yes, the buyers agreement says that the area is provisional and can change as per actual position at the time of possession. It is all in favour of the builder. The only point we can fight on is that how they can offer permissive possession and claim final payment when the OC is not received. There is no mention of permissive possession in the agreement. However, Spaze is getting an undertaking signed while taking permissive possession which absolves them from all responsibility about construction deficiencies and any claims later on. So from Spaze pong if view everything is" Heads I gain, tails you lose"

Comment

Increase of 7.5% to be precise.

Comment

Yes, the buyers agreement says that the area is provisional and can change as per actual position at the time of possession. It is all in favour of the builder. The only point we can fight on is that how they can offer permissive possession and claim final payment when the OC is not received. There is no mention of permissive possession in the agreement. However, Spaze is getting an undertaking signed while taking permissive possession which absolves them from all responsibility about construction deficiencies and any claims later on. So from Spaze pong if view everything is" Heads I gain, tails you lose"
          Hmmmmm so if it's there in the signed BBA then I don't think much can be done about it. But, you should definitely ask them to show old and updated floor plan to all buyers. I hope that with a 10% increase in super area there is a commensurate increase in the carpet area as well. If not, then you end up paying lakhs for nothing but air!

Comment

Well, there is no change in carpet area. Only the super area has been increased. In fact some people measured their carpet areas and found that in some cases the dimensions are short.

Comment

Well, there is no change in carpet area. Only the super area has been increased. In fact some people measured their carpet areas and found that in some cases the dimensions are short.
              That is shocking! No wonder there is so much unrest. An increase in super area that too with nil increase in the carpet area is seriously gonna hurt. :banghead:

Comment

Originally posted by shane13 View Post
                That is shocking! No wonder there is so much unrest. An increase in super area that too with nil increase in the carpet area is seriously gonna hurt. :banghead:
                I agree it is unfair but this is not shocking to me as most of the builders adopt this practice... To me it is more of an undocumented rule... Only some major movement against the builder can lead to a solution.. But I foresee that ppl willing to mov will surrender slowly

Comment

You are right. Even otherwise, people can't afford to keep their 95% payment blocked indefinitely in case they think of legal action. So, it's only for records that builders cheat and still have their way despite uproar, protests and insinuations.

Comment

Has some middle ground be reached with the builder. I feel if we get them to agree to sharing of the increased amount equally and delay penalty on enhanced area, this could be one way out. Has some one evaluated consumer forum/legal option.

Comment

Originally posted by rbindroo View Post
                      Has some middle ground be reached with the builder. I feel if we get them to agree to sharing of the increased amount equally and delay penalty on enhanced area, this could be one way out. Has some one evaluated consumer forum/legal option.
                      There is a meeting of owners in Spaze office on coming Saturday at 11.30am. You may like to attend. Presumably, Spaze have agreed on a payment of Rs 1 lakh now and balance on completion of any pending work/ deficiencies in the apartment.there has not been any agreement on the 10% increase in super area. The options of legal action/ consumer forum etc have been discussed many times but there are divergent views because the matter can get prolonged indefinitely and people who have already paid up 95% cannot afford to keep the money blocked for so long, particularly those who are paying loan installments and staying in rented accommodation.

Comment

Have any questions or thoughts about this?
                      Working...
                      X