Hi,

What is the groups take on EMAAR MGF Palm Drive? Has it been sold off to Tishman and Speyers? What does it mean to an investor or an end user who has purchased?
What is the going rate in the community? For a 1950 sq.ft. and for a 4050 penthouse?

Inputs will be appreciated.

Thanks
Read more
11 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Take a look at this, though not aware of the latest developments -

Originally Posted by AmitMM
    as per unconfirmed reports the story about emaar selling the palm drive project was a planted story and Emaar has already filed/filing a law suit against the publisher...( no confirmation/denial about the smaller sale of commercial land though)
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by MANOJa
    Take a look at this, though not aware of the latest developments -

There seems to be no work going on there for the last few months? Any news on that front?
    Is it worth holding on to the EMAAR properties or am I better off disposing them? With all the negative press, the huge amount of loan on EMAAR books and plans to IPO, which keep getting derailed.
    CommentQuote
  • There has been a lot of discussions in the forum on the aspects u pointed out . Look at various Emaar threads & take a decision .
    CommentQuote
  • ManojA bhahi, I wish you good luck!
    CommentQuote
  • Raja Bhai, thanks for the best of luck . But, did not understand, why do i need it ? Bhai, explain further .

Originally Posted by raja625
    ManojA bhahi, I wish you good luck!
    CommentQuote
    There has been a lot of discussions in the forum on the aspects u pointed out . Look at various Emaar threads & take a decision .

Hi ManojA:
    I read some of the threads, but then they turned ugly and I am assuming in certain users getting banned, I didnt get any meaningful information from those threads except the fact that they were mostly one persons personal opinions and a collection of press articles. One person's opinion could be baised or could have other ulterior motives. Hence I reached out to the crowd. The wisdom of crowds is always better than one intelligent mans / womans wisdom.
    CommentQuote
  • As i said, all issues have been discussed minutely in some threads . Look around, use the search option & u may find some meaningful discussions too .

No point in repeating, what has been said many times in various threads on the issues u pointed out . Regarding the wisdom of a crowd being better than one/few individuals for a discussion, i really do not agree to it, group discussions often stray from the topic & many times tend to turn ugly & abusive . I am not sermonizing here, i have been often guilty of some of this sh*t.

Originally Posted by Longhorn
    Hi ManojA:
    I read some of the threads, but then they turned ugly and I am assuming in certain users getting banned, I didnt get any meaningful information from those threads except the fact that they were mostly one persons personal opinions and a collection of press articles. One person's opinion could be baised or could have other ulterior motives. Hence I reached out to the crowd. The wisdom of crowds is always better than one intelligent mans / womans wisdom.
    CommentQuote
    As i said, all issues have been discussed minutely in some threads . Look around, use the search option & u may find some meaningful discussions too .

No point in repeating, what has been said many times in various threads on the issues u pointed out . Regarding the wisdom of a crowd being better than one/few individuals for a discussion, i really do not agree to it, group discussions often stray from the topic & many times tend to turn ugly & abusive . I am not sermonizing here, i have been often guilty of some of this sh*t.

Point Taken Manoj.
    If you havent read the book, read it "The wisdom of Crowds" the reason behind why Wipro's Azim Premji had two CEO's instead of the traditional model.

Any idea on the price at palm drive at present? is Rs. 6,000 / sqft. reasonable? Or should it be higher or lower? I will be a seller in the project.
    CommentQuote
  • I have read this book by James Surowiecki, but Books & real life r different . Do u follow in toto everything written in this book or any other book ?

Not looking to get into an endless discussion, please proceed as u wish .

& ..........no idea on the price of Palm Drive .
    CommentQuote
  • read it too longhorn but somehow was not convinced!!!!
    ( it anyways was a s arrangement which failed-both vasvani and paranjpee have quit after wipro slow growth and wipro back to 1 ceo model with kurien this shows-- you can have council/board but the buck stops at only one!!!)

anyways palm drive units available at 55-5600 so 6000 is still sometime away...hold on is what i would suggest.

Originally Posted by Longhorn
    Point Taken Manoj.
    If you havent read the book, read it "The wisdom of Crowds" the reason behind why Wipro's Azim Premji had two CEO's instead of the traditional model.

Any idea on the price at palm drive at present? is Rs. 6,000 / sqft. reasonable? Or should it be higher or lower? I will be a seller in the project.
    CommentQuote
  • This is a duplicate thread & is being closed .

For further information & discussion on this topic/project, please visit:

https://www.indianrealestateforum.com/forum/city-forums/ncr-real-estate/gurgaon-real-estate/7724-the-palm-drive-emaar-mgf-sector-66-gurgaon?t=10186
    CommentQuote