Hi all, i have a budget of 60-65 lacs. unitech rsidncy 2 bhk is one option, small house 1100 sq.feet build up area possession next year by august vs vasant kunj e- block, 900 sq feet build up area ready to move in but hindrances like water/electricty is there as it is a new block of vasant kunj... both property area is small.... difference of 200 sq.feet ... both are coming for a price of 60-62 lacs what shud i do...
Read more
20 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • There are lot of factors that come in like your place of employment. S Delhi for some people is always better than Gurgaon, but it also the personal choice.
    I would say Vasant Kunj..
    CommentQuote
  • I prefer -
    - ready to move in ..over under construction.
    - South Delhi/Dwarka over Gurgaon.

Rest is personal choice...it depend upon your job..kids school. Most of us prefer to stay near to these..
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by justwish
    Hi all, i have a budget of 60-65 lacs. unitech rsidncy 2 bhk is one option, small house 1100 sq.feet build up area possession next year by august vs vasant kunj e- block, 900 sq feet build up area ready to move in but hindrances like water/electricty is there as it is a new block of vasant kunj... both property area is small.... difference of 200 sq.feet ... both are coming for a price of 60-62 lacs what shud i do...

dear justwish!!!
    I hv answered a few people in my last few weeks of association with IREF but never have I faced a bigger dilemma ( probably in my entire existence as a mortal) than trying to honestly answer your question.

See, comparing vasant kunj and gurgaon( any part of it, not just sohna road) is like comparing chalk and cheese.So, at first, my reflex action tried to say ofcourse vasant kunj u idiot!! Post and move on!! But when I stopped for a moment and thought of myself trying to climb the stairs to my third floor apartment, with both the hands holding a bucket each. Very tiring, at best and insanely risky, at worst. What's better, take double the rounds and carry one bucket at a time. This picture and I lost it!!!!!

I'd just suggest that u clear your priorities first and then take a decision. On my part I'll compare the two in detail and you can then decide a marking system based upon your priorities to come to a conclusion.

1) LOCATION :- Are you kidding me?? Walking distance from some of the most affluent riches of urban India. A km from vasant vihar ( where a decent 3 bhk costs a cool 5 cr ) and ofcourse, priya's ( every delhite, esp from south or central del, in his late twenties or thirties has an emotional bonding with the place. Less than 5 km from shanti path and Lutyens Delhi. With some of the most happening schools ( Dps RKP, Sanskriti, Modern VV, Goenka), great colleges ( Jesus n Mary, Venky etc) and speciality hospitals ( fortis and spinal)
    right in the vicinity. Beats almost any location at this price anywhere in NCR.

2)SIZE:- The flat in VK, I assume, is either a dda flat or a kothi floor. In amy case the area calculation would include almost negliegble super area as compared to unitech's world renowned area calculation mishaps. ( I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw a 2100 sq ft unitech close .. Although, The rate was 3800 back then :(..).. So I guess carpet area of both apartments would be more or less same.

3) Built quality :- DDA has a much bigger profit share model than unitech. Although, unitech is a rather no- frills builder ( the swimming pool of close resembles a fish pond.. Nd the Walls are like that of parshvnath Greenville which debuted At 1600). So consider unitech to win by a huge margin.

4) convenience:- This is a very critical part. Now, living very close to vasant kunj myself I kno that there are two types of water problems over there in VK. Availabilty of less water and non availabilty of water. If yours is in the second category then I guess the flat makes sense only for investors who'd see rates go 1.5-2.0 times the datly Delhi jal board gives permanent connection. For an end user it would be immensely harrowing to arrange for water when he badly needs to have his early morning crp and the tanker is late. I think you should get an idea from DJB if water supply is expected anytime soon.
    If it's in the first type with less water, I'd say that please don't think life in gurgaon's any easier. Broken roads ( no roads during monsoons) ...inadequate security.. And the problem of dealing with Haryana govt officials instead of Delhi/ centre officials. South Delhi is still south Delhi !! No wonder a bunglow in shanti niketan is still 50 cr !!( which btw wud be 3.226 kms from your vasant kunj flat).

5. Personal issues:- issues like where's your office.. Your wife's/ parents offices.. Your child's school etc
    elderly parents who can't climb stairs ( trust me!! My mom shot down the proposal to buy an emaar 214 yd floor coz she doesn't wanna climb stairs nd I was like this is a pure investment.. Phir bhi nahi!!!!! was her answer)

all in all, If I was in your position, an end user thinking abt uniworld and VK , nd was sure that VK flat is less water ( and not no water) flat.. I'd buy it straightaway.. I'd buy it 20 times over and if u asked me I'll still say VK the 21st time.. Inspite of all my luv for the place, I hv tried to give you a fair idea.. Do tell us what u finally ended up with!!!!

Peace!!!
    CommentQuote
  • Is Vasant Kunj 900 s. ft. costing 60-62 lacs only? i.e. Rs. 6600 psf? Although I don't deal in properties, but if that is the price, just go for it! Don't think twice.

When water issues etc. are eventually resolved, you should be able to sell it for Rs. 12000 psf easily in one year from now. At that time, if you decide, you can always sell it and buy in Unitech 1500+ s. ft. at the same price.

I would rather say that besides living, take it as an investment opportunity also. You will never be at loss. VK area is not speculative, but Unitech can turn out to be speculative.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by vkumar1
    Is Vasant Kunj 900 s. ft. costing 60-62 lacs only? i.e. Rs. 6600 psf? Although I don't deal in properties, but if that is the price, just go for it! Don't think twice.

When water issues etc. are eventually resolved, you should be able to sell it for Rs. 12000 psf easily in one year from now. At that time, if you decide, you can always sell it and buy in Unitech 1500+ s. ft. at the same price.

I would rather say that besides living, take it as an investment opportunity also. You will never be at loss. VK area is not speculative, but Unitech can turn out to be speculative.

Vkumar jee

although, mine and your conclusion on the topic is same, I wish to ask you sir, that how have u predicted that water and other woes are going to get sorted out in an year??
    If you let me shed some light on the matter, I'd like to tell you that, Delhi jal board (DJB) never gave a go ahead to the construction of a lot of flats in VK. DDA, however thought about fixing the allotment and earning their buck, constructed the flats anyway. This resulted in a long standing tussle between DDA & DJB.
    In the light of the above, we have no reasons to believe that something which couldn't get sorted out in the whole of last decade would be solved in the next year. And, probably, that's the reason for the cheaper cost. The only effective way is to get the info out, by RTI or bribe, when is DJB going to address the issue. Otherwise, it's murderously speculative to say that this is going to sort itself out in an year!!!

;) ;)
    CommentQuote
  • If its for end use then this article should help you in making a decision: 2008 DDA scheme flats: Hundreds lie vacant at Vasant Kunj without water, power supply - Economic Times
    Avoid DDA flats at all costs. There's a reason why you are getting it at this price.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by ggnkaaadmi
    If its for end use then this article should help you in making a decision: 2008 DDA scheme flats: Hundreds lie vacant at Vasant Kunj without water, power supply - Economic Times
    Avoid DDA flats at all costs. There's a reason why you are getting it at this price.

Thx for posting it !!! I had read this article a couple of months back in hindustan times. My opinion is also the same that these flats should be avoided by an end user but, at the same time I'd like to add that, if by means of RTI. Or bribe it can be established for certain that when are these flats expected to become livable, it might just turnout to be a wonderful purchase!!
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by St_Anger
    Vkumar jee
    although, mine and your conclusion on the topic is same, I wish to ask you sir, that how have u predicted that water and other woes are going to get sorted out in an year??

Originally Posted by ggnkaaadmi
    If its for end use then this article should help you in making a decision: 2008 DDA scheme flats: Hundreds lie vacant at Vasant Kunj without water, power supply - Economic Times

At first, I really didn't believe that price for the Vasant Kunj. I thought it to be a freak sale or some disputed property kind.
    Now seeing more posts, I can see why the price is down - and that is certainly the opportunity for investment.
    Never mind electricity water woes even they go for another couple of years, they will certainly be fixed some time.

Thanks all for your tips. I have reserved this weekend for the Vasant Kunj E block. I am going definitely to make a firm deal next week. I am ready with cash in hand. Thanks again guys for such a wonderful tip! luv u!
    CommentQuote
  • Please tell us if you purchased the flat!
    CommentQuote
    At first, I really didn't believe that price for the Vasant Kunj. I thought it to be a freak sale or some disputed property kind.
    Now seeing more posts, I can see why the price is down - and that is certainly the opportunity for investment.
    Never mind electricity water woes even they go for another couple of years, they will certainly be fixed some time.

Thanks all for your tips. I have reserved this weekend for the Vasant Kunj E block. I am going definitely to make a firm deal next week. I am ready with cash in hand. Thanks again guys for such a wonderful tip! luv u!

Vkumarjee!!!

These are the signs of an able investor ;)
    if the water and electricity problems are resolved, trust the price of the flat to double .... Kindly keep us posted on what happened on your visit... It might turn out that we may get group bargain, in case, I decide to jump in as well ( although, I'm sure my family would never approve of buying a property in infrastructural distress!!) ...
    I'll pm you my number and I can come as well when ur in vasant kunj ( as I stay pretty close ) ... Watsay?
    CommentQuote
    Vkumarjee!!!

These are the signs of an able investor ;)
    if the water and electricity problems are resolved, trust the price of the flat to double .... Kindly keep us posted on what happened on your visit... It might turn out that we may get group bargain, in case, I decide to jump in as well ( although, I'm sure my family would never approve of buying a property in infrastructural distress!!) ...
    I'll pm you my number and I can come as well when ur in vasant kunj ( as I stay pretty close ) ... Watsay?

Sure Sir, although I believe there cannot be group bargain since there must be individual owners only of these flats. Will have to tap the local property dealers. Will keep you posted.
    CommentQuote
    Sure Sir, although I believe there cannot be group bargain since there must be individual owners only of these flats. Will have to tap the local property dealers. Will keep you posted.

Of course sir

if I've written what I have, I have an idea about the ownership. The group bargain wasn't meant in the traditional sense but discounts from dealer charges, and ease of having more than one person for running around. Anything which makes your life ( nd ur deal) easier is a bargain ;) ;)
    CommentQuote
  • Vkumarjee!!!

What happened to your weekend trip to vasant kunj..???

Weekend's over long back but You still haven't updated us on what happened??
    CommentQuote
    Vkumarjee!!!

What happened to your weekend trip to vasant kunj..???

Weekend's over long back but You still haven't updated us on what happened??

Hi St_Anger,

I spoke with a friend who lives in Vasant Kunj. He was very amazed and surprized over the quote of Rs. 62 lacs for one of the flats there, and sees it improbable. He lives very nearby to the area and he knows the flats, even unliveable right now, start from 1 crore Rs. onwards.

I have delegated this task right now to him to find out the actual price situation. He would revert back to me in 2-3 days, and if the things really are interesting, will go there finally.

If there is substance, only then will visit there. Weekends are precious. I will post soon as soon as I hear from him.
    Regards
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by justwish

justwish, can you please give more details about the VK flat. What floor is it, what is the actual address of the property if you don't mind sharing it and the contact details of the dealer.
    Thanks and regards
    CommentQuote