Since Gurgaon is going forward in the way it is,traffic congestion,filthy,impersonal apni biwi aapne bachche aapna kutha (maybe my POV),hotch potch lay-out,rules and regulations zilch,extreme weather,lax authorities etc,etc wanted a few suggestions which is the next best place to move into.Maybe even a suggestion for an upcoming small town for finally settling down.
Read more
62 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Chandigarh..

Originally Posted by scorpio001
    Since Gurgaon is going forward in the way it is,traffic congestion,filthy,impersonal apni biwi aapne bachche aapna kutha (maybe my POV),hotch potch lay-out,rules and regulations zilch,extreme weather,lax authorities etc,etc wanted a few suggestions which is the next best place to move into.Maybe even a suggestion for an upcoming small town for finally settling down.
    CommentQuote
  • Yeah but weather is almost the same but yes Chandigarh though has become quite crowded now is still a nice place.Thanks!

Any other?
    CommentQuote
  • Chandigarh is one of the best places to settle down...only is one's pocket permits so.Still cn't compare Gurgaon n Chandigarh.

you can also consider Rohtak.It has been developing at a very fast place.
    I keep visiting both the places very frequently.
    CommentQuote
  • Dehradun. .
    CommentQuote
  • Dehradun and Pune are my choices
    CommentQuote
  • Thanks all......
    CommentQuote
  • Any others and why............
    CommentQuote
  • I think, every individual would have his or her own best place to settle .

I own a house in South Delhi, but i live in Shimla . My reason being, that i like to live with open spaces, fresh air & greens around, away from congestion, traffic & heat etc..

Every individual would have his own reason/s to find a place best for living .

Really, what may be good for u, may not be good or the best for me .
    CommentQuote
  • Best place to live in Rohtak???

Originally Posted by MeenakshiMS
    Chandigarh is one of the best places to settle down...only is one's pocket permits so.Still cn't compare Gurgaon n Chandigarh.

you can also consider Rohtak.It has been developing at a very fast place.
    I keep visiting both the places very frequently.

Hi
    Greetings!!

Mind me asking..Are you from Rohtak???:bab (16):

Cheers
    CommentQuote
  • MANOJa............true but a discussion is always welcome.isn't it?That's what a forum is all about.We been looking for a place,so thought shall ask here as well.

Guys,any input about Pondicherry?
    CommentQuote
  • scorpio001 Bhai, i agree, a discussion is always welcome .

Just gave my PoV, one cannot generalize the topic of discussion ( best place to settle down ) . It would be different for different people .
    CommentQuote
  • i love pondicherry as a place... has a mix of peace and entreprenurial spirit...and hospitals/schools/infra well in place..

i have been wondering how will lavaasa shape up... looks good so far( environmental issues am sure will get resolved)???

Originally Posted by scorpio001
    MANOJa............true but a discussion is always welcome.isn't it?That's what a forum is all about.We been looking for a place,so thought shall ask here as well.

Guys,any input about Pondicherry?
    CommentQuote
  • Sure,any discussion is................But I envy you living in Shimla,especially now when the weather here in Gurgaon sucks.
    CommentQuote
  • Amit MM.......Yeah,people have been telling us about Pondicherry.Want to go and scout it one of these days.Sure would l;ike to visit the Auroville Ashram as well.
    CommentQuote
  • Don't tell this to the Pune guys on this forum. They always complain Pune is going to the dogs
    CommentQuote