Since Gurgaon is going forward in the way it is,traffic congestion,filthy,impersonal apni biwi aapne bachche aapna kutha (maybe my POV),hotch potch lay-out,rules and regulations zilch,extreme weather,lax authorities etc,etc wanted a few suggestions which is the next best place to move into.Maybe even a suggestion for an upcoming small town for finally settling down.
Read more
Reply
62 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • consider dehradun, i would suggest.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by ritzshaan
    consider dehradun, i would suggest.


    -------------

    One of the most crowded places ever I have seen last time I had visited. Best place to settle is your ancestral village. You know the people. You will like the environment.
    CommentQuote
  • I visited Dehradun just 2 weeks ago. Not that bad. Maybe something on the outskirts near airport. Much cooler than Delhi by some 3-4 degrees at least.

    Pondicherry is quite hot.

    Coimbatore, Ooty, most places in Karnataka including Bangalore, Mysore, Goa, Pune and the Himalayan foothills are the best places.

    Go where the British went - they went to the best places - even if they had to build a road to reach there !!!!
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Venkytalks
    I visited Dehradun just 2 weeks ago. Not that bad. Maybe something on the outskirts near airport. Much cooler than Delhi by some 3-4 degrees at least.

    Pondicherry is quite hot.

    Coimbatore, Ooty, most places in Karnataka including Bangalore, Mysore, Goa, Pune and the Himalayan foothills are the best places.

    Go where the British went - they went to the best places - even if they had to build a road to reach there !!!!

    Go where the british went? Britain you mean? Thats expensive na..

    Actually British hi kyun even Gods always preferred cool.

    Shiv ji bhi kailash pe jaake rahtey they, plains mein to aag lag jaati hogi..

    Vishnu ji shesh naag ko pakad ke paani ke andar kat liye..

    Delhi/plains mein to koi bewkoof hi rahega naa woh bhi itni garmi mein..but ab kya kiya jaye.. shiv-vishnu ko grihasthi se paala padta to pata lagta unko bhi..

    Waise manoja lives in Shimla... I wish I cud live somewhere nice. Might move to Pune.
    CommentQuote
  • :)Listen to your heart and settle down at a place where your heart says.;)
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by matrix_55
    Go where the british went? Britain you mean? Thats expensive na..

    .


    Go to Uttara Khand - and tell everyone you live in UK
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by matrix_55
    Go where the british went?.........
    Waise manoja lives in Shimla... I wish I cud live somewhere nice. Might move to Pune.



    Shimla is slowly getting polluted .

    Plan to move deeper & at a remote place in the Hills . Currently exploring 3-4 options . Have been looking for a decent piece of land ( preferably next to a stream ) .
    CommentQuote
  • Australia/NZ.. pack ur bags... show there embassy your crores.. they will give instant citizenship...



    U will get everything u want..!!

    Hamara bharat mahan zaroor hain.. magar uskey saath bheed, gandagi, no bijli paani bhi juddaa hua hain !!
    CommentQuote
  • Though am from Jammu, would prefer Dehradoon / Ranikhet if I have to take a call. been to these places couple of times and quite liked them..
    CommentQuote
  • I prefer small towns like Kasauli, Chail in Himachal :-)

    Dehradun I went couple of years back lot of pollution in city, main reason was the autorickshaw's there "Fatfat" , dont know if they are still the main mode of transportation.

    It would be better off few Kms to Massourie than Dehradun.
    CommentQuote
  • How about Coorg in Karnataka???

    or Mysore????
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by zangoora
    How about Coorg in Karnataka???

    or Mysore????


    Coorg is great. A little remote for airport access and small roads.

    Mysore is fantastic

    Ranikhet is also great. Close to Corbett. A place along the Kosi river, a little away from Ramnagar and before the Ranikhet road would be great. Amazing scenery in the Kosi valley.

    Chail is also great but a little far to drive from plains. Kasauli is closer but I dont like it so much. Chandigarh plus Kasauli is a good option - also Chandigarh plus Chail/Barog - or a farm near Sadupul.

    Mussoorie is easy to drive to but very crowded and horrible. Very rough crowd. I always prefer the Kumaon hills with nicer people. Perhaps one of the smaller valleys near Mussoorie would be good.

    Simla is too crowded. Mashobra is great but too far from Kalka.

    Anyone has a good idea about Rudrapur - how is the law and order situation there - is it like the UP/Muzzaffarnagar area or is it better? Is there crime? What about property crime (plot hadapna)? Locationwise it is very good.
    CommentQuote
  • i live in dehradun and would certainly advice dehradun as preferable choice...
    reason ..
    1:) atmosphere.. though the climate is not as good as it used to be , still the climate is wonderful..
    2:) education ... one of the best schooling u will get in india ..
    3:) job opportunities .. from last 4-5 years there is vast development and growth persisting , an open pass for major job opportunities..
    4:) living over all is not as expensive compared to cities like gurgaon, delhi...
    and so on .... :)
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by ritzshaan
    i live in dehradun and would certainly advice dehradun as preferable choice...
    reason ..
    1:) atmosphere.. though the climate is not as good as it used to be , still the climate is wonderful..
    2:) education ... one of the best schooling u will get in india ..
    3:) job opportunities .. from last 4-5 years there is vast development and growth persisting , an open pass for major job opportunities..
    4:) living over all is not as expensive compared to cities like gurgaon, delhi...
    and so on .... :)



    I grew up in Kanpur - 48 Degree celcius in June and cycle race , coming back from school -....

    it's not until i landed in "Bhimtal" , i discovered the beauty of hills. As life takes you to places..lived in Germany ...and now in the US...

    still, have a wish to own a house in area near by Bhimtal ...not sure when ....but wish karne ke paise to lagte nahi ? :P
    CommentQuote
  • West Delhi
    Sab chhezen bass pass waaley koney ki dukaan mein
    Chole bhaturey,Gianni ka falooda , metro station , Theka ,
    Veg / non veg restaurants / schools / rajouri market / shopping plaza / 4 huge parks surrounding my house / open Car parking / gym. / banks etc etc . Sab kuch bas kuch kadam sey lekar 2 km key radius mein .
    CommentQuote