Which is more lucrative?

Last updated: June 13 2011
20 | Posts
2014 | Views
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which is more lucrative?

Sell a 500 sq yard plot with house as it is or build builder floors on it?Its in DLF-I.Would appreciate inputs.

Re : Which is more lucrative?

If u have the money & the patience to build, building floors & selling them off should be much more profitable .
    Please read IREF rules | FAQ's

Comment

If you bought at say 100 and are getting 500 for it, why waste your time to build on it just to make it 600?

If you have held it long enough, leave the builder floor to the builder floor expert, take your fantastic profits and enjoy!!!!

But if you bought for 100 and are getting 200, working hard to get 300 is worth the effort.

As einstein said, everything is relative
      Venky (Please read watch a or before posting)

Comment

Venky..Makes sense............thanx!Whenever one has to give up a prime located place for whatever reasons,one is in a quandary....

Comment

Venky Bhai, good point, but i supppose yr. calculations on making 500 to 600 by making Builder Floors is underestamating the potential of making floors & then selling . If one is getting 500 at present, by making floors, he can easily look at 700-800, but as i said, one has to have the money & the patience to do it . If, it was my property, i would definetly make floors & sell .

Originally posted by Venkytalks View Post
          If you bought at say 100 and are getting 500 for it, why waste your time to build on it just to make it 600?

If you have held it long enough, leave the builder floor to the builder floor expert, take your fantastic profits and enjoy!!!!

But if you bought for 100 and are getting 200, working hard to get 300 is worth the effort.

As einstein said, everything is relative

Comment

Originally posted by scorpio001 View Post
            Sell a 500 sq yard plot with house as it is or build builder floors on it?Its in DLF-I.Would appreciate inputs.
            For builder floors, its too much efforts for not so lucrative net profit. Get the goodies you can get right now by selling it as a whole, place your eggs in different baskets and wait till each one hatches.

Comment

I have a residential built up property in South Delhi ( which i do not use, i use my other property, when i come down to Delhi from Shimla ) .

It's house ( GF + FF constructed ) on a 190/192 sq. yard plot . I was planning to sell it off, sometime back & i had an offer of 6.5/7 cr. for it ( the price is basically for the land ) .

Now, the cost of constructing ( i am talking about B+/A class finish ) for basement, stilt parking & another 4 floors is roughly 1.5 cr. If i construct & sell, i could sell the property at approximately 12/12.5 cr.

This is what i am taking about . Ofcourse, Delhi is Delhi, but DLF Phase 1 should get fanatstic returns as well .

Comment

MANOJa..........our neighbor just sold off 'n left.His was smaller than ours.At 110,not very exciting.But a newer house construction a few houses away naturally fetched good money.Staying at DLF-I,one has realised the location is super prime but doesn't fetch that much as it should.Wonder why?With the Metro 'n Rapid Metro coming up ,this should be hot cakes.

Comment

scorpio001 Bhai, still i would suggest , hold on, u have an gold mine .

Have u heard the story -

The Goose That Laid the Golden Eggs............................

Originally posted by scorpio001 View Post
                  MANOJa..........our neighbor just sold off 'n left.His was smaller than ours.At 110,not very exciting.But a newer house construction a few houses away naturally fetched good money.Staying at DLF-I,one has realised the location is super prime but doesn't fetch that much as it should.Wonder why?With the Metro 'n Rapid Metro coming up ,this should be hot cakes.

Comment

Sad but true the goose has to go...........

Comment

Have any questions or thoughts about this?
                    Working...
                    X