Dear All,

I am new in this forum, I have tried my best to find my answer in the forum but could not find out the suitable answer, Therefore starting a new thread.

I have 20 lac cash with me and I am looking to buy an apartment under 70 ~ 75 lac in Gurgaon.
Could you please help me to find out best option based on my below requirements.

1) I will not shift in the apartment at least next 4 year, Therefore project completion in next 4 year is not a problem for me.

2) Basically I am looking for investment or earning good rent from the apartment.

3) I am looking the apartment closed with Metro station.

4) I would like to prefer CLP option.

5) I am looking for 3 BHK something around 1500 ~ 1800 Sq feet.

6) Would appreciate if I can get the apartment in pre launch price.

7) Good connectivity to Air port & Delhi.

8) I am in IT profession.( would be great if close by some good IT companies)

9) I think good surrounding, water & electric supply, good roads and connectivity, Schools, markets and security are the basic concerns for all.

Kindly suggest me.
Thanks in advance.

Renu
Read more
23 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Renu jee

Lemme evaluate a few projects for you which are as per your requirements...

1) dwarka expressway projects will suit you needs.. Almost all of them are available at attractive prices.. Will have excellent connectivity to airport and Delhi ...You will get the desired size at the desired price.. Although, I personally do not track or invest in these projects as of now because of the uncertainity over land aquirement and actual position of expressway w.r.t to the sectors and projects. As an area, it would suit your needs but I don't , personally, advise it!!!

2) golf course ext road.. Emerald estate 3 bhk is in your budget .. And is a great project .. Available arnd 4700 psft but is nowhere close to it's pre-launch price of 3000. Bptp park prime is another project but it's far from it's launch price of 2700 and a large percentage of payments have gone.. Ansal essentia floors make for a VERY DECENT option in case you're not a huge fan of high
    rises. Others like pioneer park, palm drive, vatika, escape etc will grossly overshoot budget

3) sohna road and adjoining areas

Spaze privy is a good option but again has had a huge jump in premium.. I'm a strict naysayer when it comes to spire south and CHD .. both of which anyway are not close to their launch price.. Spire to a certain extent .. But already 2 years old and still not a dot on the site.. Chd is too close to the sewage plant and was booked at a measely 2300 rupees.. Construction quality won't be that good..Umm I won't recommend that at all.. Unitech sunbreeze /vista etc are again projects who have already seen good appreciation.. Today canary, although I already have had some skirmishes on the issue, remains another good option.. Booked at 3650 still available at 3750.. Only 20% payment gone.. Fulfills the wishlist completely... But the builder is shady.. Isn't known to give quality products.. And is known to try and fleece customers.. Depends whether you'd want to take a risk. Otherwise, my senses say that if markets strengthen up a bit.. It cud easily kiss 4200-4500 by year end!!
    Gpl eden heights is another project you can look for.. The structure is almost ready.. Hasn't seen much appreciation as the area will still take time to become livable.. Don't know the current price as I'm not a big fan of the project but it shud be arnd mid 3ks.. Can be a decent option for 4 yrs down the line.. Builder reputation is unknown, although his speed of work has been pretty acceptable!!!
    Others like Bptp Astaire gardens and tulip projects are again a no- no as they have little going for them right now !!

4) NH-8 projects

emaar palm hills.. Bang on expressway.. Available at little premium to booking price.. 550-600 rupees extra.. Connectivity is great although distance is a concern.. I don't kno given choice I'd much rather want to zip straight on the expressway for 5 mins past sohna cut.. Rather than be stuck I'm the jam.. But lack of development is an issue.. The project has certain issues itself which can be read in detail on the project specific thread but i still think it wud be a very very good buy.
    Opp to it is palm gardens.. A little steep for those areas at 4100 rupees but the layout is excellent and is right next to the upcoming Hilton hotel. Better than palm hills but comes at a price.. Also at a min size of 1700+ I think it's gonna overshoot your budget... Others like uppal canary and Vipul lavanya are not really 'i wanna lap it up right now' kind of stuff.. Vipul though, is available at dirt cheap 2900 psft ...Vatika next is also mired in a considerable controversy. My friend who went to visit the site a few weeks back wasn't allowed by farmers who still have issues with vatika...

Ok .. Shows over.. Verdict time now!!
    My choices, in order of preferance ( considering everything that you asked for)

1)emerald estate ( If you can manage the black or find an all cheque deal)
    2) Ansal floors
    3)palm hills
    4)today canary
    5) gpl Eden heights
    6)Vipul lavanya ( only because it's available at a mouth watering price and thebuilder is widely respected)

All this is just my POV.. I know many won't take it kindly, but then I can't change facts to play for an audience.. My advice to you wud be.. Listen to every one.. Short list atleast 6 projects.. Visit and find out info on them.. Further short list to 2 or 3.. Dig up every grave possible and then finalise the project.. Nd don't forget to check project speific threads and particular builder complaints before making a decision.. All the best to you!!!
    CommentQuote
  • St_Anger,

Thank you very much for your detailed reply.

what do you suggest should I wait more for new pre launch.

And what is the best way to get information about new pre-launch.
    (if some one is not living in Gurgaon )
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by ren_grg
    St_Anger,

if Dwarka expressway suits you and Delhi border suits you , then today only i got a call from my broker that Rahejas have launched Independent floors with the luxuries of highrise(lifts , 100% pwr back up , Kohler bath fiittings , Ac's in all rooms ,light fictures , Modeular kitchen by kohler and wooden flooring in all bedrooms , Basically a semi furnished kind of aptt ,the project is located bang on delhi border Sector 108 , known as Vedanta Floors

Primarily
    G+ 4 structure , parking in basement

Possession in 3 yrs , which the area will anyways take to get livable.

1.5kms from Expressway
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by ren_grg
    St_Anger,

renujee

I can't really say whether you should wait for a pre-launch or not as I myself will be buying a flat in next 1-4 days on golf course ext road. So, I'll be kinda biased here Nd advise you "what's good for me, is good for you" ;)
    as it is,these days except dwarka expressway nowhere are inexpensive projects being launched and you know I'm not fan of DE as yet... Unitech south park was launched at a depressing 5k+ price.. Totally over-rated!!!

Still, if u wanna wait for a pre- launch,it wud be upto you. The only suggestion is that don't just blindly jump onto the first pre-launch that comes your way.
    Evaluate the project thoroughly ... Test the waters and only then jump in..

As for knowing about project launches..if u stay in Delhi etc.. Newspaper tells you about all the prelaunches.. Although, it won't mention the specifics but an obscure ad about a new launch with a coupla fancy numbers is a regular occurance on saturday real estate special in the papers.. If you don't stay in Delhi then probably this forum is your best bet .. You'd get to know abt almost everything .. Also, you can frequently check sites like India Property, Real Estate India, Residential Properties in India, NRI Properties Portal from top Builders Developers in India
    India Property, Real Estate India, Residential Properties in India, Indian Real Estate & NRI No 1 Property Portal etc etc.. There are many others as well!!!!
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by amit.bhalla
    if Dwarka expressway suits you and Delhi border suits you , then today only i got a call from my broker that Rahejas have launched Independent floors with the luxuries of highrise(lifts , 100% pwr back up , Kohler bath fiittings , Ac's in all rooms ,light fictures , Modeular kitchen by kohler and wooden flooring in all bedrooms , Basically a semi furnished kind of aptt ,the project is located bang on delhi border Sector 108 , known as Vedanta Floors

Primarily

1.5kms from Expressway

Bhalla jee!!!

How far is this from new expressway and what's the pricing like??? Also, plz tell me abt the sizes. If you don't have the details, plz pm me broker details..
    Many thx!!! ;)
    CommentQuote
  • St_Anger,

Can you please, elaborate on vatika issue . I am planning to buy bellevue residence villa located at sector 82 -D . Do you know which sector your friend was visting was it 83 or 82 . looking at there website it seems Vatika has already done lot of construction of floors in sector 82.

Will appreciate your views on this.

Thanks!!

Originally Posted by St_Anger
    Renu jee

Vatika next is also mired in a considerable controversy. My friend who went to visit the site a few weeks back wasn't allowed by farmers who still have issues with vatika...
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by amit.bhalla
    if Dwarka expressway suits Rahejas project is located bang on delhi border Sector 108 , known as Vedanta Floors

Primarily

1.5kms from Expressway

Hi
    Greetings

Sorry but I think if sector 108 it should be vedas. Please correct me if I am wrong..
    Just check the vedas details in the link
    Dwarka Expressway Projects
    Broker is AKU of earthcopia fame

Cheers
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by manu813
    St_Anger,

Can you please, elaborate on vatika issue . I am planning to buy bellevue residence villa located at sector 82 -D . Do you know which sector your friend was visting was it 83 or 82 . looking at there website it seems Vatika has already done lot of construction of floors in sector 82.

Will appreciate your views on this.

Thanks!!

Manu jee!!

My apologies!! I don't really know whether it was sector 82 or 83.. I'm not a very keen follower of vatika India next.. The only thing I know is that farmers were carrying out some sorta agitation while this guy visited. He's having a lowrise kothi type floor in vatika India next, probably you can get an idea
    which sector was it.. I really don't know.. Baaki, I don't think it's such a serious issue.. Farmers mustn't have been paid their full dues or something..

As for construction, I visited palm hills and palm gardens site 2 weeks back and standing on the palm gardens site I could see a lotta building activity behind the project. I asked the broker as to what project was that and he told me that they were all vatika buildings.. So I guess work is going on pretty good..

I'm not the right person to be asked to elaborate as I have never really liked the location of vatika.. ( personal opinion!!) and consequently, never kept tabs on the project.. I suggest you visit the site yourself and talk to vatika guys.. If your due diligence doesn't find the situation to be alarming .. Kindly go ahead and buy the property.

Regards
    Anger!!!
    CommentQuote
  • Thanks!! Anger .. Appreciate your taking time to respond....my only inclination is price for villas.. that no other project offers as of now and I am convinced that it would be great investment in terms of appreciation ... I am not in India so unfortunately could not visit the site in person....

Manu jee!!

My apologies!! I don't really know whether it was sector 82 or 83.. I'm not a very keen follower of vatika India next.. The only thing I know is that farmers were carrying out some sorta agitation while this guy visited. He's having a lowrise kothi type floor in vatika India next, probably you can get an idea
    which sector was it.. I really don't know.. Baaki, I don't think it's such a serious issue.. Farmers mustn't have been paid their full dues or something..

As for construction, I visited palm hills and palm gardens site 2 weeks back and standing on the palm gardens site I could see a lotta building activity behind the project. I asked the broker as to what project was that and he told me that they were all vatika buildings.. So I guess work is going on pretty good..

I'm not the right person to be asked to elaborate as I have never really liked the location of vatika.. ( personal opinion!!) and consequently, never kept tabs on the project.. I suggest you visit the site yourself and talk to vatika guys.. If your due diligence doesn't find the situation to be alarming .. Kindly go ahead and buy the property.

Regards
    Anger!!!
    CommentQuote
    Thanks!! Anger .. Appreciate your taking time to respond....my only inclination is price for villas.. that no other project offers as of now and I am convinced that it would be great investment in terms of appreciation ... I am not in India so unfortunately could not visit the site in person....

Manu jee

vatika is one of the better builders.. Smaller chor than aloha, clarion,ardee, tulip, pal, today, Bptp etc...
    Eventually, vatika wud ensure that it's sorted out. If this the only project that gives you wat u want at a price ur comfortable with.. I guess u shud strike the celebration bell nd buy it!! ;)
    CommentQuote
  • Rightly said.. I would say every builder is chor but have to find lesser one in the list.. In the end it all drills down to the ROI if one is investor ..

Manu jee

vatika is one of the better builders.. Smaller chor than aloha, clarion,ardee, tulip, pal, today, Bptp etc...
    Eventually, vatika wud ensure that it's sorted out. If this the only project that gives you wat u want at a price ur comfortable with.. I guess u shud strike the celebration bell nd buy it!! ;)
    CommentQuote
    Rightly said.. I would say every builder is chor but have to find lesser one in the list.. In the end it all drills down to the ROI if one is investor ..

Absolutely!!! Return is the most important consideration but it's not the only consideration.
    Peace of mind is equally important. It's better to earn 500 appreciation on a 5000 rupees safe project than trying to earn 600 on a 2500 rupee unsafe project ( nd I don't mean to generalize that cheaper projects are unsafe... Hibiscus by SS group is 3 cr onwards.. A very risky buy!!! )

And because of that I cancelled an almost done deal for today canary last week. I'm very very sure of a decent appreciation in the project.. But I knew, today would give me a lotta sleepless nights in addition to the money.. Dropped it!!! Planning to buy another property where I own all my holdings .. GCx.. In a safer project than today!!!!!!
    CommentQuote
  • I second you St anger - peace of mind is also a return:

I would also rather make less money but have peace of mind than investing in a project which may give more return but is risky

In mathemetical terms every decison shud be based of risk reward ration

if reward is more but the risk/sleepless night is also more it negates that extra return...
    CommentQuote
  • Peace of Mind

Hi
    Greetings

When studying learnt that land is a scarce resource.. Now learning good builders are even more scarce.
    My idea is, it is not whether to make 500 on 5000 vs 2500 but to look from the perspective that 5000 can become 2500 but chances of 2500 becoming 0 are less..
    Morale: play safe and secure your capital whether 2500 or 5000.
    Check Homes from hell.. These are disgusting situations created by builders and learnt the hard way by common investors.

https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0Ahk_8tfSUql8dDloWnl4bXFvSjJ6TTB0Uk8taFp2bXc&hl=en&authkey=CKjfg6cD#gid=2

Also, Practically for 5000 sq ft, a budget of 70 lacs wont buy anything worth mentioning

Cheers
    CommentQuote
  • Completely agree. and for me peace of mind is utmost important that is why I am going with Vatika for this investment as I have dealt with them earlier and quite satisfied with my previous investment.. Well I am in no position to comment on SS group , today as never dealt with them.. for that case unitech is also huge risk but people are still buying it..

My take is go for good builders calculate your risks becaue every underconstruction property has risks involved and look which option out of all will give you best return.. so I think it is mix of lot of factors which you should consider before investing...

I have been investing in ggn market from last 6-7 years and believe me when I invested at sohna road it was worse then NH8 location and people were cynical ...and now it is out of reach for many ..

So study the projects where you are putting money and pray to god.. because if your luck is screwed nobody can save you watever you do....

Absolutely!!! Return is the most important consideration but it's not the only consideration.
    Peace of mind is equally important. It's better to earn 500 appreciation on a 5000 rupees safe project than trying to earn 600 on a 2500 rupee unsafe project ( nd I don't mean to generalize that cheaper projects are unsafe... Hibiscus by SS group is 3 cr onwards.. A very risky buy!!! )

And because of that I cancelled an almost done deal for today canary last week. I'm very very sure of a decent appreciation in the project.. But I knew, today would give me a lotta sleepless nights in addition to the money.. Dropped it!!! Planning to buy another property where I own all my holdings .. GCx.. In a safer project than today!!!!!!
    CommentQuote