Suggestions : 3 BHK, 75L, Gurgaon

Last updated: June 24 2011
23 | Posts
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re : Suggestions : 3 BHK, 75L, Gurgaon

Originally posted by manu813 View Post
    Thanks!! Anger .. Appreciate your taking time to respond....my only inclination is price for villas.. that no other project offers as of now and I am convinced that it would be great investment in terms of appreciation ... I am not in India so unfortunately could not visit the site in person....
    Manu jee

vatika is one of the better builders.. Smaller chor than aloha, clarion,ardee, tulip, pal, today, Bptp etc...
    Eventually, vatika wud ensure that it's sorted out. If this the only project that gives you wat u want at a price ur comfortable with.. I guess u shud strike the celebration bell nd buy it!!
    sigpicWe are the ones who wanna choose..Always wanna play ..but we never wanna loose!!!

Comment

Rightly said.. I would say every builder is chor but have to find lesser one in the list.. In the end it all drills down to the ROI if one is investor ..

Originally posted by St_Anger View Post
      Manu jee

vatika is one of the better builders.. Smaller chor than aloha, clarion,ardee, tulip, pal, today, Bptp etc...
      Eventually, vatika wud ensure that it's sorted out. If this the only project that gives you wat u want at a price ur comfortable with.. I guess u shud strike the celebration bell nd buy it!!

Comment

Originally posted by manu813 View Post
        Rightly said.. I would say every builder is chor but have to find lesser one in the list.. In the end it all drills down to the ROI if one is investor ..
        Absolutely!!! Return is the most important consideration but it's not the only consideration.
        Peace of mind is equally important. It's better to earn 500 appreciation on a 5000 rupees safe project than trying to earn 600 on a 2500 rupee unsafe project ( nd I don't mean to generalize that cheaper projects are unsafe... Hibiscus by SS group is 3 cr onwards.. A very risky buy!!! )

And because of that I cancelled an almost done deal for today canary last week. I'm very very sure of a decent appreciation in the project.. But I knew, today would give me a lotta sleepless nights in addition to the money.. Dropped it!!! Planning to buy another property where I own all my holdings .. GCx.. In a safer project than today!!!!!!
        sigpicWe are the ones who wanna choose..Always wanna play ..but we never wanna loose!!!

Comment

I second you St anger - peace of mind is also a return:

I would also rather make less money but have peace of mind than investing in a project which may give more return but is risky

In mathemetical terms every decison shud be based of risk reward ration

if reward is more but the risk/sleepless night is also more it negates that extra return...

Comment

Peace of Mind

Hi
            Greetings

When studying learnt that land is a scarce resource.. Now learning good builders are even more scarce.
            My idea is, it is not whether to make 500 on 5000 vs 2500 but to look from the perspective that 5000 can become 2500 but chances of 2500 becoming 0 are less..
            Morale: play safe and secure your capital whether 2500 or 5000.
            Check Homes from hell.. These are disgusting situations created by builders and learnt the hard way by common investors.

https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?...CKjfg6cD#gid=2

Also, Practically for 5000 sq ft, a budget of 70 lacs wont buy anything worth mentioning

Cheers

Comment

Completely agree. and for me peace of mind is utmost important that is why I am going with Vatika for this investment as I have dealt with them earlier and quite satisfied with my previous investment.. Well I am in no position to comment on SS group , today as never dealt with them.. for that case unitech is also huge risk but people are still buying it..

My take is go for good builders calculate your risks becaue every underconstruction property has risks involved and look which option out of all will give you best return.. so I think it is mix of lot of factors which you should consider before investing...

I have been investing in ggn market from last 6-7 years and believe me when I invested at sohna road it was worse then NH8 location and people were cynical ...and now it is out of reach for many ..

So study the projects where you are putting money and pray to god.. because if your luck is screwed nobody can save you watever you do....

Absolutely!!! Return is the most important consideration but it's not the only consideration.
              Peace of mind is equally important. It's better to earn 500 appreciation on a 5000 rupees safe project than trying to earn 600 on a 2500 rupee unsafe project ( nd I don't mean to generalize that cheaper projects are unsafe... Hibiscus by SS group is 3 cr onwards.. A very risky buy!!! )

And because of that I cancelled an almost done deal for today canary last week. I'm very very sure of a decent appreciation in the project.. But I knew, today would give me a lotta sleepless nights in addition to the money.. Dropped it!!! Planning to buy another property where I own all my holdings .. GCx.. In a safer project than today!!!!!!
              Last edited June 16 2011, 05:06 AM.

Comment

Quite aptly put .. go with atleast known builders and then see what you can afford and whether you are getting value for your money ...

Originally posted by BlessU View Post
                Hi
                Greetings

When studying learnt that land is a scarce resource.. Now learning good builders are even more scarce.
                My idea is, it is not whether to make 500 on 5000 vs 2500 but to look from the perspective that 5000 can become 2500 but chances of 2500 becoming 0 are less..
                Check Homes from hell.. These are disgusting situations created by builders and learnt the hard way by common investors.

Also, Practically for 5000 sq ft, a budget of 70 lacs wont buy anything worth mentioning

Cheers

Comment

Bless u jee!!!
                  I'd like to make 2 points

1)5000 and 2500 rupee investments were just given as an example.. Even I implied that capital should be secure. If in a normal mkt, ur not getting good appreciation it means that there's something grossly wrong with the project which further implies your capital itself is in danger.. ( projects like legend, pal, mgf villas, parshvnath Greenville highrise are a case in point). So, I totally agree with you on this!!

2) as for your comment that 70 lacs will buy you nothing at 5000 rs/psft. I don't agree at all..note these projects:- 
                      - emaar palm studios
                      - ireo uptown
                      - emaar emerald estate
                      - pioneer park
                      - new launch by ireo ( yet unnamed)
                  In all these projects, you can buy an entry level apartment within 70 lacs, at 5000 rs psft or more. They still have a considerable upside once mkt recovers. Especially studio and uptown!!! 
                  As an investor why should the size be dampner??? You can't look at projects both as an end user and investor ( you can, but that's not wise) . When gurgaon truly becomes what it promises to be .. Your small 2 bhks will sell like bade mian ke kebab ( if you know abt the popular roadside eatery at colaba, Bombay..)... Look at Princeton.. An 1100 sqft apartment with literally zero specs sells at 90-95 L today!!!!

Originally posted by BlessU View Post
                  Hi
                  Greetings

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by amit001 View Post
                    I second you St anger - peace of mind is also a return:

I would also rather make less money but have peace of mind than investing in a project which may give more return but is risky

In mathemetical terms every decison shud be based of risk reward ration

if reward is more but the risk/sleepless night is also more it negates that extra return...
                    Bilkul amitjee!!!

I'm a lazy fellow!!! My sleep's worth 1 million rupees an hour.. I can't loose it for an extra 100( or 500 for that matter) rupees psft!!

also, one bird in hand is better than two in the bush .. A 200 rupee returns that can be encashed is much better than a 2000 rupee return which gets stuck due to builder apathy!!!

Comment

Anger jee,

All the following options which you mentioned are from builders which have not delivered anything yet on ground except emaar .. ..
                      - emaar palm studios
                          - ireo uptown
                          - emaar emerald estate
                          - pioneer park

So the point is what is the perception one has and how much convinced one is while putting money..

Bless u jee!!!
                      I'd like to make 2 points

1)5000 and 2500 rupee investments were just given as an example.. Even I implied that capital should be secure. If in a normal mkt, ur not getting good appreciation it means that there's something grossly wrong with the project which further implies your capital itself is in danger.. ( projects like legend, pal, mgf villas, parshvnath Greenville highrise are a case in point). So, I totally agree with you on this!!

2) as for your comment that 70 lacs will buy you nothing at 5000 rs/psft. I don't agree at all..note these projects:- 
                          - emaar palm studios
                          - ireo uptown
                          - emaar emerald estate
                          - pioneer park
                      In all these projects, you can buy an entry level apartment within 70 lacs, at 5000 rs psft or more. They still have a considerable upside once mkt recovers. Especially studio and uptown!!! 
                      As an investor why should the size be dampner??? You can't look at projects both as an end user and investor ( you can, but that's not wise) . When gurgaon truly becomes what it promises to be .. Your small 2 bhks will sell like bade mian ke kebab ( if you know abt the popular roadside eatery at colaba, Bombay..)... Look at Princeton.. An 1100 sqft apartment with literally zero specs sells at 90-95 L today!!!!

Comment

Have any questions or thoughts about this?
                      Working...
                      X