Dear All,

I am new in this forum, I have tried my best to find my answer in the forum but could not find out the suitable answer, Therefore starting a new thread.

I have 20 lac cash with me and I am looking to buy an apartment under 70 ~ 75 lac in Gurgaon.
Could you please help me to find out best option based on my below requirements.

1) I will not shift in the apartment at least next 4 year, Therefore project completion in next 4 year is not a problem for me.

2) Basically I am looking for investment or earning good rent from the apartment.

3) I am looking the apartment closed with Metro station.

4) I would like to prefer CLP option.

5) I am looking for 3 BHK something around 1500 ~ 1800 Sq feet.

6) Would appreciate if I can get the apartment in pre launch price.

7) Good connectivity to Air port & Delhi.

8) I am in IT profession.( would be great if close by some good IT companies)

9) I think good surrounding, water & electric supply, good roads and connectivity, Schools, markets and security are the basic concerns for all.

Kindly suggest me.
Thanks in advance.

Renu
Read more
23 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Quite aptly put .. go with atleast known builders and then see what you can afford and whether you are getting value for your money ...

Originally Posted by BlessU
    Hi
    Greetings

When studying learnt that land is a scarce resource.. Now learning good builders are even more scarce.
    My idea is, it is not whether to make 500 on 5000 vs 2500 but to look from the perspective that 5000 can become 2500 but chances of 2500 becoming 0 are less..
    Morale: play safe and secure your capital whether 2500 or 5000.
    Check Homes from hell.. These are disgusting situations created by builders and learnt the hard way by common investors.

https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0Ahk_8tfSUql8dDloWnl4bXFvSjJ6TTB0Uk8taFp2bXc&hl=en&authkey=CKjfg6cD#gid=2

Also, Practically for 5000 sq ft, a budget of 70 lacs wont buy anything worth mentioning

Cheers
    CommentQuote
  • Bless u jee!!!
    I'd like to make 2 points

1)5000 and 2500 rupee investments were just given as an example.. Even I implied that capital should be secure. If in a normal mkt, ur not getting good appreciation it means that there's something grossly wrong with the project which further implies your capital itself is in danger.. ( projects like legend, pal, mgf villas, parshvnath Greenville highrise are a case in point). So, I totally agree with you on this!!

2) as for your comment that 70 lacs will buy you nothing at 5000 rs/psft. I don't agree at all..note these projects:- 
        - emaar palm studios
        - ireo uptown
        - emaar emerald estate
        - pioneer park
        - new launch by ireo ( yet unnamed)
    In all these projects, you can buy an entry level apartment within 70 lacs, at 5000 rs psft or more. They still have a considerable upside once mkt recovers. Especially studio and uptown!!! 
    As an investor why should the size be dampner??? You can't look at projects both as an end user and investor ( you can, but that's not wise) . When gurgaon truly becomes what it promises to be .. Your small 2 bhks will sell like bade mian ke kebab ( if you know abt the popular roadside eatery at colaba, Bombay..)... Look at Princeton.. An 1100 sqft apartment with literally zero specs sells at 90-95 L today!!!!

Originally Posted by BlessU
    Hi
    Greetings

When studying learnt that land is a scarce resource.. Now learning good builders are even more scarce.
    My idea is, it is not whether to make 500 on 5000 vs 2500 but to look from the perspective that 5000 can become 2500 but chances of 2500 becoming 0 are less..
    Morale: play safe and secure your capital whether 2500 or 5000.
    Check Homes from hell.. These are disgusting situations created by builders and learnt the hard way by common investors.

https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0Ahk_8tfSUql8dDloWnl4bXFvSjJ6TTB0Uk8taFp2bXc&hl=en&authkey=CKjfg6cD#gid=2

Also, Practically for 5000 sq ft, a budget of 70 lacs wont buy anything worth mentioning

Cheers
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by amit001
    I second you St anger - peace of mind is also a return:

I would also rather make less money but have peace of mind than investing in a project which may give more return but is risky

In mathemetical terms every decison shud be based of risk reward ration

if reward is more but the risk/sleepless night is also more it negates that extra return...

Bilkul amitjee!!!

I'm a lazy fellow!!! My sleep's worth 1 million rupees an hour.. I can't loose it for an extra 100( or 500 for that matter) rupees psft!! ;)

also, one bird in hand is better than two in the bush .. A 200 rupee returns that can be encashed is much better than a 2000 rupee return which gets stuck due to builder apathy!!!
    CommentQuote
  • Anger jee,

All the following options which you mentioned are from builders which have not delivered anything yet on ground except emaar :).. ..
    - emaar palm studios
        - ireo uptown
        - emaar emerald estate
        - pioneer park

So the point is what is the perception one has and how much convinced one is while putting money..

Originally Posted by St_Anger
    Bless u jee!!!
    I'd like to make 2 points

1)5000 and 2500 rupee investments were just given as an example.. Even I implied that capital should be secure. If in a normal mkt, ur not getting good appreciation it means that there's something grossly wrong with the project which further implies your capital itself is in danger.. ( projects like legend, pal, mgf villas, parshvnath Greenville highrise are a case in point). So, I totally agree with you on this!!

2) as for your comment that 70 lacs will buy you nothing at 5000 rs/psft. I don't agree at all..note these projects:- 
        - emaar palm studios
        - ireo uptown
        - emaar emerald estate
        - pioneer park
    In all these projects, you can buy an entry level apartment within 70 lacs, at 5000 rs psft or more. They still have a considerable upside once mkt recovers. Especially studio and uptown!!! 
    As an investor why should the size be dampner??? You can't look at projects both as an end user and investor ( you can, but that's not wise) . When gurgaon truly becomes what it promises to be .. Your small 2 bhks will sell like bade mian ke kebab ( if you know abt the popular roadside eatery at colaba, Bombay..)... Look at Princeton.. An 1100 sqft apartment with literally zero specs sells at 90-95 L today!!!!

CommentQuote

• Your spread sheet is is really very helpful.
    appreciate your efforts to help others.
    CommentQuote
  • Thanks

Originally Posted by ren_grg
    Your spread sheet is is really very helpful.
    appreciate your efforts to help others.

Hi
    Greetings!!

I heartily accept your appreciation and would like to say that it is not mine but dedicated to all IREF members.
    I am also encouraged by contributions from fellow members and invite all for suggestions, improvements and updation of the data therein..
    I am planning to shortly incorporate a legal cell for genuine aid and consultation from a group of lawers who deal with matters pertaining to RE.
    The possibilities are endless and would in the same breath thank IREF for providing a platform for like minded people whose voice is generally unheard.

Chers
    CommentQuote
  • Extremely informative sheet! Thanks !
    CommentQuote
  • kahan chupe hue the St Anger jee aap ab tak? :)

Appreciate taking your time out and posting detailed views.

Originally Posted by St_Anger
    Renu jee

Lemme evaluate a few projects for you which are as per your requirements...

1) dwarka expressway projects will suit you needs.. Almost all of them are available at attractive prices.. Will have excellent connectivity to airport and Delhi ...You will get the desired size at the desired price.. Although, I personally do not track or invest in these projects as of now because of the uncertainity over land aquirement and actual position of expressway w.r.t to the sectors and projects. As an area, it would suit your needs but I don't , personally, advise it!!!

2) golf course ext road.. Emerald estate 3 bhk is in your budget .. And is a great project .. Available arnd 4700 psft but is nowhere close to it's pre-launch price of 3000. Bptp park prime is another project but it's far from it's launch price of 2700 and a large percentage of payments have gone.. Ansal essentia floors make for a VERY DECENT option in case you're not a huge fan of high
    rises. Others like pioneer park, palm drive, vatika, escape etc will grossly overshoot budget

3) sohna road and adjoining areas

Spaze privy is a good option but again has had a huge jump in premium.. I'm a strict naysayer when it comes to spire south and CHD .. both of which anyway are not close to their launch price.. Spire to a certain extent .. But already 2 years old and still not a dot on the site.. Chd is too close to the sewage plant and was booked at a measely 2300 rupees.. Construction quality won't be that good..Umm I won't recommend that at all.. Unitech sunbreeze /vista etc are again projects who have already seen good appreciation.. Today canary, although I already have had some skirmishes on the issue, remains another good option.. Booked at 3650 still available at 3750.. Only 20% payment gone.. Fulfills the wishlist completely... But the builder is shady.. Isn't known to give quality products.. And is known to try and fleece customers.. Depends whether you'd want to take a risk. Otherwise, my senses say that if markets strengthen up a bit.. It cud easily kiss 4200-4500 by year end!!
    Gpl eden heights is another project you can look for.. The structure is almost ready.. Hasn't seen much appreciation as the area will still take time to become livable.. Don't know the current price as I'm not a big fan of the project but it shud be arnd mid 3ks.. Can be a decent option for 4 yrs down the line.. Builder reputation is unknown, although his speed of work has been pretty acceptable!!!
    Others like Bptp Astaire gardens and tulip projects are again a no- no as they have little going for them right now !!

4) NH-8 projects

emaar palm hills.. Bang on expressway.. Available at little premium to booking price.. 550-600 rupees extra.. Connectivity is great although distance is a concern.. I don't kno given choice I'd much rather want to zip straight on the expressway for 5 mins past sohna cut.. Rather than be stuck I'm the jam.. But lack of development is an issue.. The project has certain issues itself which can be read in detail on the project specific thread but i still think it wud be a very very good buy.
    Opp to it is palm gardens.. A little steep for those areas at 4100 rupees but the layout is excellent and is right next to the upcoming Hilton hotel. Better than palm hills but comes at a price.. Also at a min size of 1700+ I think it's gonna overshoot your budget... Others like uppal canary and Vipul lavanya are not really 'i wanna lap it up right now' kind of stuff.. Vipul though, is available at dirt cheap 2900 psft ...Vatika next is also mired in a considerable controversy. My friend who went to visit the site a few weeks back wasn't allowed by farmers who still have issues with vatika...

Ok .. Shows over.. Verdict time now!!
    My choices, in order of preferance ( considering everything that you asked for)

1)emerald estate ( If you can manage the black or find an all cheque deal)
    2) Ansal floors
    3)palm hills
    4)today canary
    5) gpl Eden heights
    6)Vipul lavanya ( only because it's available at a mouth watering price and thebuilder is widely respected)

All this is just my POV.. I know many won't take it kindly, but then I can't change facts to play for an audience.. My advice to you wud be.. Listen to every one.. Short list atleast 6 projects.. Visit and find out info on them.. Further short list to 2 or 3.. Dig up every grave possible and then finalise the project.. Nd don't forget to check project speific threads and particular builder complaints before making a decision.. All the best to you!!!
    CommentQuote