Dear all,

I am trying to make a list of safest projects in Gurgaon. By safest I mean where the delivery/developer risk is almost nil and the delivery is planned in the next 1-3 years. Ticket size upto 1.2 cr

I am only considering project on GCX/SPR/Sohna Road and not in the new ggn area

I am an NRI and looking for a project where 40-60 lakhs are upfront and the rest construction linked.

Few names which comes to mind are

Bestech Parkview Spa Next, Sector 67
Ireo Uptown
Ireo Victory Valley

Please Provide me your views - I am looking to shortlist a project which falls in the above constraints and have a delivery risk of as minimum as possible.

Many Thanks in Advance:bab (6):

Amit
Read more
14 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Based upon your criterias I think Bestech Parkview Spa Next is safest but you can get it around 90 lks - 1 cr .

Originally Posted by amit001
    Dear all,

I am trying to make a list of safest projects in Gurgaon. By safest I mean where the delivery/developer risk is almost nil and the delivery is planned in the next 1-3 years. Ticket size upto 1.2 cr

I am an NRI and looking for a project where 40-60 lakhs are upfront and the rest construction linked.

Ireo Uptown
    Ireo Victory Valley

Please Provide me your views - I am looking to shortlist a project which falls in the above constraints and have a delivery risk of as minimum as possible.

Amit
    CommentQuote
  • Ya Manu I agree... I am also thinking of the same.

Any idea what is the BSP and how much payment and premium will be required.
    CommentQuote
  • I guess you can get it 4500 or so.. and premium you might need to check with brokers my guess is around 30-35 lakhs..

Originally Posted by amit001
    Ya Manu I agree... I am also thinking of the same.

Any idea what is the BSP and how much payment and premium will be required.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by manu813
    I guess you can get it 4500 or so.. and premium you might need to check with brokers my guess is around 30-35 lakhs..

Won't be in his budget as upfront payment is close to 80-90 lakhs now.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by amit001
    Dear all,

Ireo Uptown
    Ireo Victory Valley

Amit

Amit jee!!!

My POV is that if you're looking at it as an investor and size of the apartment is not so much of an issue. I would say you go for Ireo Victory valley ..

Reasons:-

1) location is better than Pvsn.. The further you get from badshahpur and the closer you get to GCx the better it gets ;)

2) specifications are better than pvsn! Compare the brochures.

3) 30-35 L upfront as of now ( as compared to more than twice that of pvsn)

4) pvsn has abt 1200-1500 rupee premium whereas VV has only abt 700.. Premium on a property is a value which just goes into the previous investors pocket. The lesser it is, the better it gets for the next one. In other words, the upside for VV is higher .. Much higher.. If you can wait for a few yrs.

5) Pvsn would end up becoming a good project in the area but VV would become an iconic project and it's needless for me to say that people with deep pockets are ready to pay extra to stay in iconic buildings. Even as an end user, it would bloat ur ego to stay in VV than in Pvsn!

I guess, I ve given enough reasons... Now one last bit of advice before this post becomes the 'writing on the wall'
    what I said is just my pov.. Listen to everyone but do what you feel is right.. Afterall it's YOUR money at stake..

Regards

Anger!!
    CommentQuote
  • Safest projects r the ones which r ready to move in or the next best bet r the one's nearing completion . This is true for almost all the Builders .

A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush .
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by MANOJa
    Safest projects r the ones which r ready to move in or the next best bet r the one's nearing completion . This is true for almost all the Builders .

A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush .

Well if that's the yardstick then I'd like to Indulge in semantics myself ;)

Safest :- ready to move in

safer :- nearing completion

Unsafe:- lil or no construction activity

if we go by this I guess the best bet for amit jee would be to buy a two plus one of Princeton. What's even better.. Rental income from day one..

As for appreciative returns...

Reward is proportional to risk !!

No risk = no reward ;)
    CommentQuote
  • Quite correct, if safety of yr. investment or as amit001 put it, "By safest I mean where the delivery/developer risk is almost nil and the delivery is planned in the next 1-3 years" is the prime concern . This kind of buying is mostly looked at by end users & i think, amit is looking for an apartment for self use ( though appreciation of the same, is also in a corner of his mind ). This is a standard dilemma, most end users face - end use viz. appreciation . When the end user part in one self wins, one goes for a ready to move in option ( he looks at the existing amenities/facilities near the project & if the currently non existent & promised facilities, materialize at a later stage. he considers them as velvety foam on a cappuccino ). If one is looking at taking some risk & gain appreciation - one goes for a project nearing completion/under construction/new launch/prelaunch - depending on when one actually requires possession, his risk taking capability & money in hand .

The gains in a ready to move in or a project nearing completion would be muted & may require a pretty long holding period, for a decent ROI, but this kind of investment could/should be the safest option .

My PoV, some may disagree .
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by MANOJa
    Quite correct, if safety of yr. investment or as amit001 put it, "By safest I mean where the delivery/developer risk is almost nil and the delivery is planned in the next 1-3 years" is the prime concern . This kind of buying is mostly looked at by end users & i think, amit is looking for an apartment for self use ( though appreciation of the same, is also in a corner of his mind ). This is a standard dilemma, most end users face - end use viz. appreciation . When the end user part in one self wins, one goes for a ready to move in option ( he looks at the existing amenities/facilities near the project & if the currently non existent & promised facilities, materialize at a later stage. he considers them as velvety foam on a cappuccino ). If one is looking at taking some risk & gain appreciation - one goes for a project nearing completion/under construction/new launch/prelaunch - depending on when one actually requires possession, his risk taking capability & money in hand .

The gains in a ready to move in or a project nearing completion would be muted & may require a pretty long holding period, for a decent ROI, but this kind of investment could/should be the safest option .

My PoV, some may disagree .

Your POV is close to reality. I agree!

My suggestion for him

no risk- Carlton/ Princeton

little risk- PVSN

Slightly more risk - pioneer park/uptown/ palm drive

yet more risk- victory valley/ grand arch

Sure casualty - Bptp park prime ( I hate to say this for a project which stands tall)

Suicide- the legend ;) ;)
    CommentQuote
  • Great discussion guys !!! :bab (22):

Although the topic relates to Main Gurgaon what would be your rating for New Gurgaon (Manesar and associated) Projects?

Rgds..
    CommentQuote
  • I have invested in BPTP Park Prime. Let see whether it falls under
    Sure casualty or High Risk - High Return model.

BTW one buyer has offered me 1300 premium - I invested in this project in late 2009 (Dec 2009).

Originally Posted by St_Anger
    Your POV is close to reality. I agree!

My suggestion for him

no risk- Carlton/ Princeton

little risk- PVSN

Slightly more risk - pioneer park/uptown/ palm drive

yet more risk- victory valley/ grand arch

Sure casualty - Bptp park prime ( I hate to say this for a project which stands tall)

Suicide- the legend ;) ;)
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by bondss
    Great discussion guys !!! :bab (22):

Although the topic relates to Main Gurgaon what would be your rating for New Gurgaon (Manesar and associated) Projects?

Rgds..

I'm sorry, I track very few projects there, namely, palm hills, palm gardens, Vipul lavanya..

All 3 are awesome projects with great returns expected in 5-7 yrs. And by great I do mean returns which would really surprise you.

I do not track any other projects and won't be able to comment.

Cheers!
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by rajggn
    I have invested in BPTP Park Prime. Let see whether it falls under
    Sure casualty or High Risk - High Return model.

BTW one buyer has offered me 1300 premium - I invested in this project in late 2009 (Dec 2009).

Raj jee!!!

Anger ' the investor' has the heart of an end user. Bptp has cheated it's end user severely in the past and hence, I have bad things to say about them. As discussed at many places in this forum, the OC for many towers in Bptp FPL have still not come although, it's been two yrs since building got completed.

If you've invested purely for returns, it would give you decent returns I'm sure but it's in no way a safe investment as wanted by the gentleman who queried at first.

And yeah!! The 1300 premium has got little to with project and almost all of it to do with markets. Even legend, which I rate a hundred times worse than Bptp, has appreciated from 3500 last year to 4800-5000 now.. That doesn't make it safe, sire!!!
    CommentQuote
  • I agree with you that investement in BPTP is not safe. When I invested in Park Prime I did analysis of earlier projects/complaints about BPTP and i knew that it is not a safe bet. But in that location it was the cheapest project so I took a chance.
    Even I am surprised with the construction pace of this particular project Park Prime. last 1 and 1/2 years I am visiting the site at regular interval and surprised to see that the construction pace. That's y i said it can be a high risk and high return type project. Let's see.

Originally Posted by St_Anger
    Raj jee!!!

Anger ' the investor' has the heart of an end user. Bptp has cheated it's end user severely in the past and hence, I have bad things to say about them. As discussed at many places in this forum, the OC for many towers in Bptp FPL have still not come although, it's been two yrs since building got completed.

If you've invested purely for returns, it would give you decent returns I'm sure but it's in no way a safe investment as wanted by the gentleman who queried at first.

And yeah!! The 1300 premium has got little to with project and almost all of it to do with markets. Even legend, which I rate a hundred times worse than Bptp, has appreciated from 3500 last year to 4800-5000 now.. That doesn't make it safe, sire!!!
    CommentQuote