Last updated: January 12 2021
2195 | Posts
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re : The Corridors by IREO Developers in Sector 67A, Gurgaon

Originally posted by ajgupta18 View Post
    my pov

RE market in India is an un-regulated Free market free of subsidies. In a free market, price is at which transactions happen (read resale). Price is the purest form of information (it reflects market information, demand-supply, liquidity etc etc)

2) Undervalued/Overvalued is a market participants perception based on his assessment of risk and returns potential. Each investor will have his / her own assesment and come to what they feel is the "fair" price at which the market should trade. If this fair price is lower than market they sell if its high they buy.

3) In context of 2) complaining that "prices are insanely high" is fruitless. According to your assessment price is high, for someone else it might be the fair price. If enough participants feel market price is too high, then market will correct.

4) Incentive: for investors and builders / contractors is to maximise return and minimize risk.

Builder tries to pass on the risk of Inflation to Investor. So, investor need to take this additional risk in his assesment. He might conclude that even with this added risk a particular investment is "better" than one without it. So instead of complaining, add it to your risk assessment.

Builder tried to increase return by launching at higher than market prices. An investor needs to asses how this affects his return potential and add it to his assessment. So no point complaining about it.

5) Villain? : neither builder / investor is a villain for trying to maximise his return and reducing his risk. What makes people villains are unfair practices = late delivery, change in super area, shoddy construction, not delivering on promises etc and not paying on time for investors

6) Regulation: Is required to stop unfair paractices, NOT to control price. Price controls can only be put by governments and for social reasons (protecting poor, increase developments etc)

Complaining about high prices is similar to asking for subsidies. If prices is higher than your fair price assesment do not invest. Complain about mal-practices and unfair practices which distort markets.
    Real estate market in India is one of the most opaque market.

It is the worst example of License Permit Raj.

There are huge entry barriers of Power and influence .

There is no way to gauge the actual rates at which sales happen.
    Even in fresh launch; underwriters buy cheap.

It is cartel and oligopoly of Builders with backing of politicians because of which they get away with things which are out right illegal.

And People who think that Indian Real estate is an example of free economy need some basic lessons in Economics.
    Last edited March 8 2013, 07:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by abc111 View Post
      Law of gravity is applicable in every scenario.

In ever Bull run ; these voices are heard
      "this time it is different"

In this very Gurgaon market; some of the over-leveraged Guys have even committed suicide.

Resale market in Gurgaon is almost dead.
      I am aware of plot market in towns of Haryana which is also dead.
      Delhi market is dead.

Let us see how long this euphoria of new launches start.
      Thanks for correcting.. seems I am in different world.. God bless those over-leveraged Guys ..

Comment

There are huge entry barriers of Power and influence needed.

It is cartel and oligopoly of Builders because of which they get away with things which are out right illegal.

And People who think that Indian Real estate is an example of free economy need some basic lessons in Economics.

Anyone interested in tuitions????
        yaar tension ho jati hian itne serious words dekh kar
        License Permit Raj

main lunga tuitions, PM me your details, will come down to take classes..
        I really need to understand that you said - resale market is dead, plot sale is dead , sale in remote areas is dead (haryana)... still you have got ample time to put efforts on IREF.. I am pretty sure either you have not invested anywhere now or you have some secret formula for investment.. since If you make some money , you will be contradicting yourself.. I must say that you must have something in you that you keep on contracdicting other people thoughts and have enough guts so must be a special person..

Let me know brother, will be most happy to get knowledge from you..

Comment

Originally posted by amitgargi View Post
          Thanks for correcting.. seems I am in different world.. God bless those over-leveraged Guys ..
          Such incidents happened in 2008-09 and before that in 1998-99.

Comment

Originally posted by amitgargi View Post
            yaar tension ho jati hian itne serious words dekh kar
            License Permit Raj

main lunga tuitions, PM me your details, will come down to take classes..
            I really need to understand that you said - resale market is dead, plot sale is dead , sale in remote areas is dead (haryana)... still you have got ample time to put efforts on IREF.. I am pretty sure either you have not invested anywhere now or you have some secret formula for investment.. since If you make some money , you will be contradicting yourself.. I must say that you must have something in you that you keep on contracdicting other people thoughts and have enough guts so must be a special person..

Let me know brother, will be most happy to get knowledge from you..
            By dead I meant highly illiquid market with few transactions occurring.

A market devoid of much activity.

Comment

Originally posted by rushilarora View Post
              Sir,

Highlighted line below is exactly what I am NOT trying to do. But I can summarize what I am trying to say as below :-

15. Hence lets rest this discussion here and enjoy the journey.

RA.

PS : Please read my first line again.

I agree, both of us r more or less saying the same thing, maybe expressing it in our own little ways ( peculiar to most, if not all individuals ) .
              Please read IREF rules | FAQ's

Comment

bhai mujhe pls de do tution...aapki definition se to world ki saari markets license raj pe chalti hain..

and aapki definition se to builder / politicians cartel will never let prices fall..yet it happened in 2008-2009 (as you highlight yourself) ...can you shed more light on how this happened?

There are huge entry barriers of Power and influence .

It is cartel and oligopoly of Builders with backing of politicians because of which they get away with things which are out right illegal.

Anyone interested in tuitions????

Comment

Originally posted by ajgupta18 View Post
                  bhai mujhe pls de do tution...aapki definition se to world ki saari markets license raj pe chalti hain..

and aapki definition se to builder / politicians cartel will never let prices fall..yet it happened in 2008-2009 (as you highlight yourself) ...can you shed more light on how this happened?
                  Builders/Politicians will try to sustain market at any cost but power of fundamentals can't be suppressed for long.

The elections next year can act as the catalyst.

In 2008-09 many builders could have gone bankrupt; but the present Govt. forced the banks to roll over the debts.

Comment

Guys, the discussions r somewhat going off topic & are tending to take a Personal agenda .

This is just to remind that we expect everyone to treat each other with a certain amount of courtesy and respect . Any sort of reciprocal hostility between members needs to be avoided .

Personal Feuds - Zero Tolerance Policy

A personal feud can be defined as an ongoing, largely personal rather than issue-driven, reciprocal hostility between two members, or among three or more members in groups, whatever you wish to identify, wherein the primary focus is a flame war intended to undermine forum member reputations, and not to advance arguments on policy, philosophy, politics or other primary interests of our forum.

Quote:
                    Our Admins and moderators are not here to cast blame or choose sides. We can't be expected to research the pros and cons of your personal arguments with one another. We prefer that forum reputation be based on your commentary and dialogue on the issues of importance to all of us.

Insults/Flaming
                    IREF was put together for people to come together and help each other, collaborate and discuss in a positive way – not bash on someone because you don't like their idea, or because they don't share the same views as you. We are big into the free speech idea here. So you're free to say what you think – but do it in a constructive and positive way. We encourage mature debates – discourage childish arguments. Personal attacks, insults, rudeness, racism, threats, name calling or unnecessarily inflammatory posts will NOT be tolerated. Common courtesy, politeness and respect for fellow members, along with constructive posting of opinions are essential in preventing posts from being edited and/or deleted, or having threads locked. Whilst we encourage healthy disagreement/debate, please maintain respect towards fellow members at all times.
                    Please read IREF rules | FAQ's

Comment

ok, i will try to make sense out of your points...due to lack of funding options, builders were cash stripped with inflated debt, which reflected in their balance sheets...hence investors decided its too risky investing in such a builder?

Isen't this free market?

In essence i agree with you that market is not "perfect", but saying its a license raj and builders / politicials / brokers cartel control all the prices is grossly wrong

Builders/Politicians will try to sustain market at any cost but power of fundamentals can't be suppressed for long.

The elections next year can act as the catalyst.

In 2008-09 many builders could have gone bankrupt; but the present Govt. forced the banks to roll over the debts.

Comment

Have any questions or thoughts about this?
                      Working...
                      X