Hi fellow members,

I live in the UK with my family and my parents are willing to move back to India and hence we are looking for a luxury home with international standards somewhere in NCR. I will really appreciate if someone can help with some suggestions...

We are looking for :

1.A luxury flat.
2.Near to the airport.
3.Approachable to Metro.
4.Furnished or at-least fitted with basic kitchen appliances and all wooden work done.
5.Very high security arrangements.
6.Green vicinity.
7.In-house facilities like club,school,spa,restaurants,utility shops.
8.High quality work.

We plan to move back within a year or two.

Looking forward for the recommendations.
Read more
45 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Originally Posted by nitinchawla
    Do you know why this sudden jump?

Ive noticed that as the building nears completion, rates start jumping without much rationale. Same happened in DLF Icon (where I currently live on rent), once possession was given and people started moving in, suddenly rates increased every month.
    If an investor,then I feelnot much use buying Park Place now as eventually rates will stabilise somewhere around 10000-11000 sqft which is the rate of rest of DLF new buildings in vicinity (e.g Icon, Summit). As an end-user, yes its a nice location and good quality flat for live. Unfortunately too expensive for me now.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by sh-saxena
    Thats right, I was also interested in a 1975 sqft flat but didnt find any, the broker gave some 2677 sqft flat options which is getting totally out of my budget (which was 2 Cr, max can extend to 2.25 cr) The latest rates for Park Place are being quoted at 9000-9200 sqft. I like Park Place for its location and that it does seem that possession will happen in 12-18 months (though the date given to me is end of year but dont believe them) but now the rates have gone beyond me.

9000-9200 is quite a high rate :| I do not understand why the rates are getting so high. I guess I will have to revise my budget to get some good place.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by nitinchawla
    Mr Singh,I see your point and appreciate your view and suggestion. I think this problem is there in all places. Im surprised reading Sh saxena's post re the rates. I checked the rates roughly 1-1.5 months back. If the development is having so many problems how come there is not even a single reseller for 3 bhk. I think my decision will have to be in the following order of importance
    a) budget - 2 cr
    b) location - gc or gcx
    c) Construction quality
    c) time to completion 1-1.5yr

Hi Mr.Chawla,

I am glad you considered my point of view :) and since you have chosen the parameters wisely (while keeping in mind your personal needs), I am pretty sure now it will be easier for you to make a right decision.

Good luck !
    CommentQuote
    Ive noticed that as the building nears completion, rates start jumping without much rationale. Same happened in DLF Icon (where I currently live on rent), once possession was given and people started moving in, suddenly rates increased every month.
    If an investor,then I feelnot much use buying Park Place now as eventually rates will stabilise somewhere around 10000-11000 sqft which is the rate of rest of DLF new buildings in vicinity (e.g Icon, Summit). As an end-user, yes its a nice location and good quality flat for live. Unfortunately too expensive for me now.

Its a shame that good societies are getting unaffordable day by day. I wonder what will happen if the rates keep on going up like this. A regular job person cant buy a home with such high rates.
    CommentQuote
  • Actually investors in these societies can keep quoting whatever they want, I dont know anyone who's buying at these rates and I dont think much resale happening either at such inflated prices. I know several people who are looking to buy 4BHK premium flats for end-use and all have decided to continue staying on rent and invest in under-construction at more affordable rates. Staying at rent in such societies anyway works out to be much cheaper and there are dozens of flats available for rent.
    CommentQuote
    Actually investors in these societies can keep quoting whatever they want, I dont know anyone who's buying at these rates and I dont think much resale happening either at such inflated prices. I know several people who are looking to buy 4BHK premium flats for end-use and all have decided to continue staying on rent and invest in under-construction at more affordable rates. Staying at rent in such societies anyway works out to be much cheaper and there are dozens of flats available for rent.

Sh-saxena,I agree with you, I guess renting out a flat works out much cheaper than buying one, but then again a little desire of owning a home keeps surfacing now and then.
    CommentQuote
  • Yes, of course, that desire is with everyone.
    What I meant was that ready or almost ready DLF kind of premium flats have too inflated and not-justified pricing. So better to go with underconstruction flats and stay on rent till then. Its working out to be much cheaper and you dont need to pay full amount upfront like you would need to for a ready flat.

Originally Posted by prdhody
    Sh-saxena,I agree with you, I guess renting out a flat works out much cheaper than buying one, but then again a little desire of owning a home keeps surfacing now and then.
    CommentQuote
    Yes, of course, that desire is with everyone.
    What I meant was that ready or almost ready DLF kind of premium flats have too inflated and not-justified pricing. So better to go with underconstruction flats and stay on rent till then. Its working out to be much cheaper and you dont need to pay full amount upfront like you would need to for a ready flat.

Yeah I see your point here sir.That is the best way to deal with raising prices of property and manage to buy one.

:bab (22):
    CommentQuote
  • Hi,

Any feedbacks on Wembley ??

Anyone ??
    CommentQuote
  • Hi fellow members,

I am planning a visit to India for some family celebration and taking advantage of this opportunity I am planning to go for a couple of days of apartment browsing. Hopefully it goes well and I could decide upon a new home for my family (fingers crossed).

I plan to visit DLF Alameda, Bestech Park View and Central Park. If any one of you kind member has some other suggestion, then I very much welcome you to share it with me.

Really looking forward to this visit. Nothing better than to see the whole family in happy times :) .
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by alkhan
    Hi fellow members,

I am planning a visit to India for some family celebration and taking advantage of this opportunity I am planning to go for a couple of days of apartment browsing. Hopefully it goes well and I could decide upon a new home for my family (fingers crossed).

I plan to visit DLF Alameda, Bestech Park View and Central Park. If any one of you kind member has some other suggestion, then I very much welcome you to share it with me.

Really looking forward to this visit. Nothing better than to see the whole family in happy times :) .

I recently did a lot of research around the Gurgaon area by personally visiting a lot of sites though my budget was 1-2 cr. How many bedroom apartment are you looking at? You may also consider Vasant Kunj which is in Delhi and a very green area. The Golf course road apartments are expensive because of their locations. However, they are very compact in sizes esp the DLF ones. Is your requirement of immediate shifting or you can afford to wait for 2-3 years coz then you can also consider a lot of under construction luxury projects that are coming up on GCX - Ireo Victory Valley, Pioneer,Tata Primanti, M3M. Else Central Park is a good option in this budget
    CommentQuote
    Hi fellow members,

Hi alkhan,

I thought I will wish you good luck for the apartment hunting and give you my piece of advice - I would recommend Central Park 2 (since I own a flat there), it has good location and descent quality. And it suits you other needs - tight security, furnished kitchen plus woodwork.

But sure you should visit the other ones as well and make a wise decision.

So, good luck :)

Cheers.
    CommentQuote
  • Hi fellows,

I am back to U.K. and quite eager to share my experience in India. Well, the family reunion part was good, but I was also pleased with the house hunting.
    I was pleasantly surprised to see how much the whole of NCR area has developed.

So I visited the shortlisted sites and a few more. And I have almost decided on Central Park 2. But I am not hurrying my decision, rather I am thinking of keeping myself updated about the activities at Central Park and the second preference for a few more months (maybe 6 or more) and then take a final decision.

Well, its too 2 in the morning here and I just wanted to share this with you all. will keep updating.

Cheers.
    CommentQuote
    Hi fellows,

I am back to U.K. and quite eager to share my experience in India. Well, the family reunion part was good, but I was also pleased with the house hunting.
    I was pleasantly surprised to see how much the whole of NCR area has developed.

So I visited the shortlisted sites and a few more. And I have almost decided on Central Park 2. But I am not hurrying my decision, rather I am thinking of keeping myself updated about the activities at Central Park and the second preference for a few more months (maybe 6 or more) and then take a final decision.

Well, its too 2 in the morning here and I just wanted to share this with you all. will keep updating.

Cheers.

Hi Mr.Khan

Glad to hear that you had god time in India. Well, on the apartment hunting front, I guess Central Park is a good option and these guys are trying hard to resolve the previous issues as well.
    And I have been keeping a watch on Central Park's progress for a while now and it seems to be doing fine. But yeah, it is wise to wait until you are completely satisfied by the project.

Regards,
    R.Singh
    CommentQuote
  • Hi,

I hope ur decision is not based on the sample flat of Central Park 2. CP2 has lots of issues and a there are a lot of complaints are against that builder/project. Check out the Central Park 2 thread.

I would advise you to stay away from that project.

I would rather recd. one of Ireo's project, especially Grand Arch. There is absolutely no comparison between CP2 and Grand Arch.

Thanks
    CommentQuote