LAND ACQUISITION ROW - HC orders status quo in Sai Kunj

Taking up a bunch of petitions filed against the proposed land acquisition in Sai Kunj, New Palam Vihar, Phase 3, Gurgaon, the Punjab and Haryana High Court has issued a notice to the Haryana government. It has also directed the state to maintain status quo on the acquisition process.
The order was given from the vacation bench of justice Hemant Gupta and Ritu Bahri after around 11 petitioners, including one Sehdev Singh, of Sai Kunj moved court.
The state has been directed to file its reply before July 20.
The land in question came under compulsory acquisition proceedings and the government said it would be used for 'public purpose'.
As per the plan, Sector 110A would be developed on the land for rehabilitation of families whose houses were coming under the road alignment and green belt area in the development plan of Haryana Urban Development Authority (Huda).
Aggrieved residents asserted that the government was trying to acquire land on which residential and commercial constructions stand raised and this was unjust.
It was also submitted that around eight acres of land which was subject to acquisition had residential and commercial structures and around 30 acres was vacant.
The bench was informed that the petitioners had also filed their objections to the authorities concerned stating that they cannot be uprooted for rehabilitation of other residents.
The petitioners had sought directions from the HC for quashing notifications dated December 21, 2009 and December 17 last year issued under sections 4 and 6 of the Land Acquisition Act.
Read more
11 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • What r the implications of the above Court order ?
    CommentQuote
  • High court orders status quo

Originally Posted by MANOJa
    What r the implications of the above Court order ?

Hi
    Greetings

Just wish this does not hamper dway progress.. Any idea!!!

Cheers
    CommentQuote
  • This will hamper D exp, till the New palam vihar residents , didnt get new plots , we wont get complete 18 mtr road.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by harpreetsg_delhi
    This will hamper D exp, till the New palam vihar residents , didnt get new plots , we wont get complete 18 mtr road.

Basically they now have the will to sort out this issue which has been hanging in the middle for a few yrs now , Some or the other land will be taken for acquisition and those ppl will be rehabilitated soon , Lets hope for the best and prepare for the worst....
    CommentQuote
  • The hard reality seems to be seeping in slowly . I have been talking about this basically from the last so many months, to the chagrin of the D e way lovers .

Let's hope the issue gets resolved at the earliest, for the sake of investors/end users of that area .

Originally Posted by amit.bhalla
    Basically they now have the will to sort out this issue which has been hanging in the middle for a few yrs now , Some or the other land will be taken for acquisition and those ppl will be rehabilitated soon , Lets hope for the best and prepare for the worst....
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by MANOJa
    The hard reality seems to be seeping in slowly . I have been talking about this basically from the last so many months, to the chagrin of the D e way lovers .

Let's hope the issue gets resolved at the earliest, for the sake of investors/end users of that area .

What will be the worst case scenario for this .......

Dwarka expressway will be re aligned at the most , An alternative route from dwarka to gurgaon is of utmost importance to the govt considering the choking of toll nr ambience mall.....

OR

Dwarka Expressway : gets delayed by another 2 years , At the most , the situation will remain the same another year and half , But ppl will see the reality that is 15 kms out of 18 getting built and the rest 3 will take shape today or maybe 2 yrs down the line.....
    CommentQuote
  • Abhi Vo 15 km bane main hi 2-3 saal lagenge sir....dekhte jao

the whole area will not be ready for living even in the bet 5 years...

D way will come for sure but how much time will take that the main question

Dwarka expressway will be re aligned at the most , An alternative route from dwarka to gurgaon is of utmost importance to the govt considering the choking of toll nr ambience mall.....

OR

Dwarka Expressway : gets delayed by another 2 years , At the most , the situation will remain the same another year and half , But ppl will see the reality that is 15 kms out of 18 getting built and the rest 3 will take shape today or maybe 2 yrs down the line.....
    CommentQuote
  • U don't get the point . I am talking about the uncertainties . It is quite easy to say, it can be built after 2 years , but it is not as simple as that .

........& i am not aware of the worst case scenario . Cannot make predictions .

OR

CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by amit001
    Abhi Vo 15 km bane main hi 2-3 saal lagenge sir....dekhte jao

the whole area will not be ready for living even in the bet 5 years...

D way will come for sure but how much time will take that the main question

thats i meant to say as well

15 km banne mein first phase would not take more than 18 mths max.......

then for the rest 3 kms time will be another 2 yrs , then also.....

only a handful of projects wil suffer i.e raheja advanced stage of construction projects.....

IB centrum park.......

37d will be spared because of alternative route to NH8

Regarding the other projects , I dont c them getting built in 4 yrs anyway...
    CommentQuote
  • Court Case Scenario Dway

thats i meant to say as well

15 km banne mein first phase would not take more than 18 mths max.......

then for the rest 3 kms time will be another 2 yrs , then also.....

only a handful of projects wil suffer i.e raheja advanced stage of construction projects.....

IB centrum park.......

37d will be spared because of alternative route to NH8

Regarding the other projects , I dont c them getting built in 4 yrs anyway...

Hi
    Greetings

I think naming any names would be detrimental to investors interest in particular properties but generally speaking you are absolutely right. 15 Kms in 18 months or even sooner (check good progress on wikimaps on important websites sheets, https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0Ahk_8tfSUql8dDloWnl4bXFvSjJ6TTB0Uk8taFp2bXc&hl=en&authkey=CKjfg6cD#gid=18)
    Every thing is going fine till TEK CHAND NAGAR.. interuption in RAJENDER PARK. Then again a large area which is being developed between Chander Vihar and Mehrauli Najafgarh Road. I am sure some way out would always be there as survey report and appraisals are done before tendering. Just keep your fingers crossed.

Projects in the 10X bracket might get affected if things go for worse.

37x/8x would still develop and get inhabitated (subject to builders mercy:D). 37x in particular sure due to existing inhabitation very very close by and therefore would appreciate more..

I am pretty sure even the court case will see some solution and should wait for the govt reply to be given before 20th.

Well this is not the end of the struggle.. Delhi side of DDA and oversupply will be other concerns....

Cheers..
    CommentQuote
  • Sai kunj plots

We met few property dealers to buy plot, they showed few options in Sai Kunj, how is that area, is there any litigation or issue in that area?
    CommentQuote