Hey Friends,

I have seen lot of posts regarding Locational Advantage of SPR over NH8 but while studying the NH8 projects and SPR the more I look into it I am finding to the contrary :-

- NH8 prjects have locational advantage as one have to drive through NH8 instead facing jams like in sohna road or other divergence.Although it will 5 minutes more drive but One may reach early to NH8 80+ sectors because of less traffic/better infrastructure in comparison to sohna road /other divergence.
- 80+ sectors will have more locational advantage being near to Dwarka through Dway , near to Manesar which have lot industry , Very close to future Reliance SEZ (If it becomes operational will change the location dynamics) and many IT parks on NH8 or near by roads.

WHEREAS

- If one has to go to SPR he/she has to zip through sohna road/other divergence which I found to be hugely crowded when last in january I visited that area.
-Advantage in SPR is that it is close to Sohna road as many properties are almost ready and livable but still lot has to be done in terms of infrastructure same like NH8 and frankly many projects are in same stage as projects at NH8 .

Guys need to know your views . As per my understanding NH8 will be much better location if we take time frame of 5 years..
Read more
76 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • NH8 or NPR or SPR !!! ...
    Actually I am planning to invest in Gurgaon real estate and this puzzle comes into my mind again and again till I decide something. After studying the present road network and future development scenario, now I am also lean towards the NH-8 over SPR projects due ome of the following reaons.

HOLDING PERIOD:bab (55): - Pls note that my holding period of more than 3 yrs, is a key factor in this case.

BUDGET:) – My budget is below 7.5 million and I am getting many better investment options near NH8/80+ Sectors (New Gurgaon) & NPR as compared to SPR.

ROAD CONNECTIVITY:) - Sooner or later NPR will become a reality (in another 3 years max!!!) and we’ll get better connectivity for Manesar-Delhi express route. There is no need to write about the benefits of KMP expressway to nearby areas of KMP & NH8 interchange.

RELIANCE SEZ This long pending suspense will going to open and we can imagine its positive impacts on NH8 and NPR (Even if single news of RSEZ related construction activity is sufficient to shift a real estate POLE of Gurgaon towards northern side of NH8.)

MANESAR & OTHER INDUSTRIAL POCKETS ON NH-8:)– Biggest advantage at present ... everyone knows the employment demand in these areas and thus the requirement of housing .

So based on above reasons I decided that ..... if I purchase a ready to move in property, I’ll prefer area inside SPR-Sohana Road and NH8. BUT this is not true in my case due to limited budget and lesser expected return ( this is what I think- maybe I am wrong !!!).
    Now I am searching 20% courage to make a deal on NH8 projects/New Gurgaon/NPR( Again 3 options :bab (60): )

I read this topic many times in different posts of IREF and every time it seems incomplete ...
    CommentQuote
  • Looking at the possibility of widening of NH-8 in near future, I would say NH-8. Nh-8 is always going to be a better commuting road that sohna road and with Manesar coming up big, NH-8 properties in GGN are going to be in high demand.
    CommentQuote
  • you have neatly articulated the advantages of NH8 and i concur with most...
    the SPR though has its own advantages..

1. You will still reach the SPR projects sooner( inspite of the future jams) both in terms of travel time and distance( the joy of free driving may not be there:bab (45):) from NH8

2. you are well connected to all developed sectors of GGN internally via GC/GCX/Sohna/huda sec roads

3. supportig infra like schools/hospitals/malls/offices in place.( I wish i could say same about roads( bad) )

4. access to NH8/DWAY only about 10 min(6 km) -sec 70-82-85 distance about 8km-10 min drive along SPR

having said this the projects of SPR are charging a premium EXACTLY for these advantages.

How much of this is a value proposition for a buyer- will be his PERCEIVED view point- in deciding between NH8 and SPR!!!!

Hope it helps...

Originally Posted by manu813
    Hey Friends,

I have seen lot of posts regarding Locational Advantage of SPR over NH8 but while studying the NH8 projects and SPR the more I look into it I am finding to the contrary :-

- NH8 prjects have locational advantage as one have to drive through NH8 instead facing jams like in sohna road or other divergence.Although it will 5 minutes more drive but One may reach early to NH8 80+ sectors because of less traffic/better infrastructure in comparison to sohna road /other divergence.
    - 80+ sectors will have more locational advantage being near to Dwarka through Dway , near to Manesar which have lot industry , Very close to future Reliance SEZ (If it becomes operational will change the location dynamics) and many IT parks on NH8 or near by roads.

WHEREAS

- If one has to go to SPR he/she has to zip through sohna road/other divergence which I found to be hugely crowded when last in january I visited that area.
    -Advantage in SPR is that it is close to Sohna road as many properties are almost ready and livable but still lot has to be done in terms of infrastructure same like NH8 and frankly many projects are in same stage as projects at NH8 .

Guys need to know your views . As per my understanding NH8 will be much better location if we take time frame of 5 years..
    CommentQuote
  • :bab (56)::bab (56)::bab (56):

Originally Posted by AmitMM
    you have neatly articulated the advantages of NH8 and i concur with most...

1. You will still reach the SPR projects sooner( inspite of the future jams) both in terms of travel time and distance( the joy of free driving may not be there:bab (45):) from NH8

2. you are well connected to all developed sectors of GGN internally via GC/GCX/Sohna/huda sec roads

3. supportig infra like schools/hospitals/malls/offices in place.( I wish i could say same about roads( bad) )

4. access to NH8/DWAY only about 10 min(6 km) -sec 70-82-85 distance about 8km-10 min drive along SPR

having said this the projects of SPR are charging a premium EXACTLY for these advantages.

How much of this is a value proposition for a buyer- will be his PERCEIVED view point- in deciding between NH8 and SPR!!!!

Hope it helps...
    CommentQuote
  • Very valid arguments Amit..As I am understanding right now their is more premium for these properties because many projects are ready on sohna road and GC ex.. and builders are touting it as extension of GC ex :) ..I guess some of premium is because some very high priced projects are launched on GC ex like M3M , Ireo victory valley , Sky on(how many will see light of day will have to be seen ) .. and we all know for how much new properties were launched in SPR 1-2 years back(2900- 3500)....looking at all this I still find it to be great HYPE for this road..

I agree on school and Hospital front as they will be closer as of now but if we talk in 5 years perspective one will have many options on NH8 properties...

Since I am not in ggn you may be pointing it right that still you can reach early to SPR projects inspite of jams but looking at google maps it looks like the time difference for commute to NH8 is only 5 minutes more and jams can change the time frame..

Other benefit suggested by you is well connected to Nh8/dway and I agree that is the great benefit SPR has but it is even best to stay at NH8...

For normal day to day living perspective why one needs to goto internal sectors if he she has access to basic facilities (schools , hospital,shopping malls,etc) at Nh8.. As per my understanding maximum time one spends on commute to Office and schools for kids..

I am putting in my thought process.. and I am more convinced that Nh8 offers best investment avenue if one has long term view say 5 years.. and SPR is now getting on HYPE mode which may be good for end user but not for investment point of view as in 5 years these benefits will fade for SPR and will be same in NH8

Originally Posted by AmitMM
    you have neatly articulated the advantages of NH8 and i concur with most...

Hope it helps...
    CommentQuote
  • I agree to most of it...
    Originally Posted by Designer
    NH8 or NPR or SPR !!! ...
    Actually I am planning to invest in Gurgaon real estate and this puzzle comes into my mind again and again till I decide something. After studying the present road network and future development scenario, now I am also lean towards the NH-8 over SPR projects due ome of the following reaons.

HOLDING PERIOD:bab (55): - Pls note that my holding period of more than 3 yrs, is a key factor in this case.

BUDGET:) – My budget is below 7.5 million and I am getting many better investment options near NH8/80+ Sectors (New Gurgaon) & NPR as compared to SPR.

ROAD CONNECTIVITY:) - Sooner or later NPR will become a reality (in another 3 years max!!!) and we’ll get better connectivity for Manesar-Delhi express route. There is no need to write about the benefits of KMP expressway to nearby areas of KMP & NH8 interchange.

RELIANCE SEZ This long pending suspense will going to open and we can imagine its positive impacts on NH8 and NPR (Even if single news of RSEZ related construction activity is sufficient to shift a real estate POLE of Gurgaon towards northern side of NH8.)

MANESAR & OTHER INDUSTRIAL POCKETS ON NH-8:)– Biggest advantage at present ... everyone knows the employment demand in these areas and thus the requirement of housing .

So based on above reasons I decided that ..... if I purchase a ready to move in property, I’ll prefer area inside SPR-Sohana Road and NH8. BUT this is not true in my case due to limited budget and lesser expected return ( this is what I think- maybe I am wrong !!!).
    Now I am searching 20% courage to make a deal on NH8 projects/New Gurgaon/NPR( Again 3 options :bab (60): )

I read this topic many times in different posts of IREF and every time it seems incomplete ...
    CommentQuote
  • CommentQuote
  • Rightly said and if and when Reliance SEZ becomes operational this complete location perception will change in future..

Originally Posted by djvjain
    Looking at the possibility of widening of NH-8 in near future, I would say NH-8. Nh-8 is always going to be a better commuting road that sohna road and with Manesar coming up big, NH-8 properties in GGN are going to be in high demand.
    CommentQuote
  • Just dont be an arm chair expert dear. Come and see the locations yourself and not on map. You will be in a much better position to comment.

I am really surprised by your comment that time difference is only 5 minutes. It seems that you have not check the locations physically at all.

Originally Posted by manu813
    Very valid arguments Amit..As I am understanding right now their is more premium for these properties because many projects are ready on sohna road and GC ex.. and builders are touting it as extension of GC ex :) ..I guess some of premium is because some very high priced projects are launched on GC ex like M3M , Ireo victory valley , Sky on(how many will see day of light will have to be seen ) .. and we all know for how much new properties were launched in SPR 1-2 years back(2900- 3500)....looking at all this I still find it to be great HYPE for this road..

I agree on school and Hospital front as they will be closer as of now but if we talk in 5 years perspective one will have many options on NH8 properties...

Since I am not in ggn you may be pointing it right that still you can reach early to SPR projects inspite of jams but looking at google maps it looks like the time difference for commute to NH8 is only 5 minutes more and jams can change the time frame..

Other benefit suggested by you is well connected to Nh8/dway and I agree that is the great benefit SPR has but it is even best to stay at NH8...

For normal day to day living perspective why one needs to goto internal sectors if he she has access to basic facilities (schools , hospital,shopping malls,etc) at Nh8.. As per my understanding maximum time one spends on commute to Office and schools for kids..

I am putting in my thought process.. and I am more convinced that Nh8 offers best investment avenue if one has long term view say 5 years.. and SPR is now getting on HYPE mode which may be good for end user but not for investment point of view as in 5 years these benefits will fade for SPR and will be same in NH8
    CommentQuote
  • Sectors like 69070 are within 1 km of main GCX road.

NH 8 sectors are almost 10 km away from Main gurgaon..

NH 8 projects like sector 77-82 were really good at 3000-3500 but at 4000 do not make sense..

similarly SPR projects over 5000 are expensive and are not as attractive as they were at 4000
    CommentQuote
  • amit Bhai, once the widening of NH is completed, time difference to reach SPR & say Sector 77/78, will not be more than 10 minutes .

......& LOL:D, if u give me a car of my choice, maybe, i can make it less than 5 minutes .
    CommentQuote
  • Amit001 ,
    Hope I have not offended you.. I am going to visit that area soon but if you look at google map and have directions say iffco chowk you would know what i am saying ..

since spr road is not ready I tried putting location of vista so google is not giving right timeframe for that and for NH8 also it is taking from uniworld resorts road , I think maps are not updated properly..

On NH8 you have higher speed limit then sohna road..

Dn't get personal..

And there is nothing being expert I would be happy to confer you as expert .. I am trying to have understanding and put this discussion to new perspective as I have followed lot of comments for the so called SPR has more locational advantage...

so the whole objective is to put in pros and cons ... I would appreciate if you can contribute in objectively...

Originally Posted by amit001
    Just dont be an arm chair expert dear. Come and see the locations yourself and not on map. You will be in a much better position to comment.

I am really surprised by your comment that time difference is only 5 minutes. It seems that you have not check the locations physically at all.
    CommentQuote
  • Screenshots of directions from iffco chowk to sector 70 a

Directions and time frame of commute SPR-
    Shortest time :- 18 minutes

(Since SPR road is not ready google map is showing direction till sector 70 a road just behind vista location)
    Attachments:
    CommentQuote
  • Screenshots of directions from iffco chowk to NH8

iffco chowk to NH8 prjects -

shortest time :- 18 minutes

(Note- if google takes from NH8 only time will reduce further as if you see in map it is taking you from uniworld resorts road..)
    Attachments:
    CommentQuote
  • I am not talking abt the sectors at the NH side of SPR..i am talking bat the sectors like 69,70 which are right on Sohna Road

Originally Posted by MANOJa
    amit Bhai, once the widening of NH is completed, time difference to reach SPR & say Sector 77/78, will not be more than 10 minutes .

......& LOL:D, if u give me a car of my choice, maybe, i can make it less than 5 minutes .
    CommentQuote