Hey Friends,

I have seen lot of posts regarding Locational Advantage of SPR over NH8 but while studying the NH8 projects and SPR the more I look into it I am finding to the contrary :-

- NH8 prjects have locational advantage as one have to drive through NH8 instead facing jams like in sohna road or other divergence.Although it will 5 minutes more drive but One may reach early to NH8 80+ sectors because of less traffic/better infrastructure in comparison to sohna road /other divergence.
- 80+ sectors will have more locational advantage being near to Dwarka through Dway , near to Manesar which have lot industry , Very close to future Reliance SEZ (If it becomes operational will change the location dynamics) and many IT parks on NH8 or near by roads.

WHEREAS

- If one has to go to SPR he/she has to zip through sohna road/other divergence which I found to be hugely crowded when last in january I visited that area.
-Advantage in SPR is that it is close to Sohna road as many properties are almost ready and livable but still lot has to be done in terms of infrastructure same like NH8 and frankly many projects are in same stage as projects at NH8 .

Guys need to know your views . As per my understanding NH8 will be much better location if we take time frame of 5 years..
Read more
76 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Ishan Bhai, when all the projects would be ready & inhabited on SPR & when NH8 widening is complete & all bottlenecks on the NH r removed ( including shifting of the Toll, if & when it happens ), u could see an situation, being talked about .

Look at the scenario, 4-5 years down the line .
    CommentQuote
  • As per current situation I concur with what you are saying but keeping long term view of 5 years I think game will/can change.... Time will tell .. we can only do our due diligence..

Originally Posted by ISHANb
    with due respect to everyone ... i dont think nh-8 projects would become same as SPR projects ... down the line ......

Practically travelling time is way way way higher to reach projects after toll than spr projects ......

And sohna road pe koi itna rush nahi lagta jitna nh-8 pe lagta hai !!!!!!

Practically go on any day any time to both these places .. u ll know the difference !!!
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by MANOJa
    Ishan Bhai, when all the projects would be ready & inhabited on SPR & when NH8 widening is complete & all bottlenecks on the NH r removed ( including shifting of the Toll, if & when it happens ), u could see an situation, being talked about .

Look at the scenario, 4-5 years down the line .

nh-8 widening getting complete - should get completed by that time frame ...

Bottlenecks getting removed - very uncertain ..isnt it ... for me bottlenecks getting removed would mean ... building underpasses at hero honda chowk and ambience toll ....

shifting of toll plaza --- very uncertain(highly doubtful) .. if it does shift , where will it shift ? any idea i mean which sector ?
    CommentQuote
  • Ambience Toll is common for both SPR & NH8 . So, the issue is the Kherki Daula toll plaza .

For the Kherki Daula toll plaza, see this ( there r several more such articles on the net, but no certainty on what would finally happen ) -

Police propose to remove toll plaza in Gurgaon - Hindustan Times

The hero Honda Chowk is an issue, which is still hanging fire -

Flyover plan for Hero Honda Chowk mess
    CommentQuote
  • Toll at Kheri Dhaula status

Originally Posted by MANOJa
    Ambience Toll is common for both SPR & NH8 . So, the issue is the Kherki Daula toll plaza .

For the Kherki Daula toll plaza, see this ( there r several more such articles on the net, but no certainty on what would finally happen ) -

Police propose to remove toll plaza in Gurgaon - Hindustan Times

The hero Honda Chowk is an issue, which is still hanging fire -

Flyover plan for Hero Honda Chowk mess

Hi
    Greetings

I think best way is toFile RTI with MCG
    List of SPIOs and SAPIOs

Obviously it has to happen and no harm checking with the corporation..

Cheers
    CommentQuote
  • Since my office is in Gurgaon so i do commute very regularly on most of the roads in Gurgaon. And one thing i will surely say about NH8 is that its truly a lifeline for everyday commuting. The current sector roads are so bad that i prefer to commute on NH8 as much as possible.

Also one should not forget that upcoming SPR and NPR are only meant to link various sectors and ultimately connect to NH8. So any development on NH8 will always have a higher significance/importance as compared to SPR and NPR.

So as the traffic increases once new PR comes into existence i definitely believe that Kherki Daula toll will move and flyover at hero Honda chowk would definitely be constructed. When this would is happen is something which is unanswered.
    CommentQuote
  • Great insight Sunny... Appreciate it..

Originally Posted by sunny9
    Since my office is in Gurgaon so i do commute very regularly on most of the roads in Gurgaon. And one thing i will surely say about NH8 is that its truly a lifeline for everyday commuting. The current sector roads are so bad that i prefer to commute on NH8 as much as possible.

Also one should not forget that upcoming SPR and NPR are only meant to link various sectors and ultimately connect to NH8. So any development on NH8 will always have a higher significance/importance as compared to SPR and NPR.

So as the traffic increases once new PR comes into existence i definitely believe that Kherki Daula toll will move and flyover at hero Honda chowk would definitely be constructed. When this would is happen is something which is unanswered.
    CommentQuote
  • Great comment & very well put :bab (48):.

Originally Posted by sunny9
    Since my office is in Gurgaon so i do commute very regularly on most of the roads in Gurgaon. And one thing i will surely say about NH8 is that its truly a lifeline for everyday commuting. The current sector roads are so bad that i prefer to commute on NH8 as much as possible.

CommentQuote
  • Hi Guys,

One must not forget the fact that NH-8 is the busiest highway

I being frequent traveller to Rajesthan knows the condition coming from mansar side after 9 pm when no entry opens & similarly in the morning before 8 am

Hero Honda is another blockage

Till hero handa chowk traffic will always by problem

I think the condition will remain same even if toll goes ahead

At SPR you have more escape route where as at NH-8 you will have no option but to be on highway .........

Moreover, we need to keep in mind the speed in which the basic infrastructure of Gurgaon is improving... & has improved

These are just views......
    CommentQuote
  • If people think that the kind of infra - schools, malls, office space, established residential community which is there in main Gurgaon can be created in new gurgaon in 4-5 years. I would say you are dreaming.
    CommentQuote
  • Hi Guys,

Wanted to know , how many of us are talking on ground reality, I mean how many of us have seen the actual sight.
    I Stay in Gurgaon on Sohna Road and I've seen GCX also.

I feel NH8 has a better future and moreover it takes 15 mins for me to reach NH 8 if I follow the Sohna road-GCX to NH8, as there is a road which passes through Sec -69/70 and its fairly ok road except few patches.

And as the construction is in progress by Unitech (which has acquired most of the land in sec 69/70) and hopefully they will give possession for Sunbreeze/Vistas/South park project earlier than projects on NH8, So they ought to provide the infrastructure in this area. So connectivity should not be any issue to reach NH8 even from Sohna road.
    CommentQuote
  • Also NH-8 will be one the most crucial high ways for industrial sector since it will be part of DMIC plan.

Commerical / industrial development at SPR will be limited in future since this area is already developed to an extent but NH-8 will develop in future & you will have big industrial development in that area like SEZ therefore congestion due to industrial traffic will be more.

There is no big industrial hub around SPR ( you have corporate offices)

If you see in Gurgaon left side of NH-8 has developed more as compare to right since there are more industrial hub on right

These are just my view.......

Hope it will be of some use.....
    CommentQuote
  • Definitely SPR is better placed compared to NH8, work wise NH8 is ok but if I want to live then i would definitely prefer developed areas with schools / malls / hospital etc. I dont thing NH8 sectors will be worth living even after 4-5years.

Moreover most of the people live in GGN since they work in GGN, you dont need to touch NH8 or toll everyday.
    CommentQuote
  • Couple of days back I was talking to somebody from the real estate industry & he told me that New Gurgaon will be a good investment in coming future for a rental value

Even one of may friend who has property in Bhiwadi is getting offer for rental from Honda

It all depends largely on your objective
    CommentQuote
  • House prices in city too high for comfort

Rahul Rawat, a project manager working with a multinational firm in Gurgaon, wants to buy a two-bedroom apartment in Noida before he gets married next year. But commuting between the two cities daily will be a tough task. Owning a 1000-square feet apartment in Gurgaon costs at least Rs50 to Rs55 lakh . Even for a well-earning Rawat, this is an unthinkable price.

Several localities in Gurgaon saw an upward trend in property prices over the last few years. Even real estate prices in Delhi also skyrocketed by 20% to 27% in the first quarter of 2011 compared to last year.

The situation in Gurgaon is such that houses have gone beyond the reach of corporate executives, including those who enjoy fat pay packages.

According to a reliable real estate industry report, the value of properties on Sohna Road and DLF City Phase 4 has increased the highest, with prices rising by at least 46% in the first quarter of 2011, while it was 42% during the same period last year.

Property prices in Sector 57 and Nirvana Country rose by 37% in the first quarter of 2011 as against 36% increase during the same period last year. The cost hovered between Rs4,800 per square feet and Rs5,553 per square feet in the current year's first quarter.

Not affordable
    The high realty prices in Gurgaon have burned a hole in the pockets of even well-paid executives. This situation is forcing them to invest either in 'affordable' NCR cities such as Faridabad or Ghaziabad, or to buy apartments in far-flung areas beyond Manesar, which is over 20 km away from Delhi-Gurgaon border.

Property advisors, too, say affordable housing is no longer possible in the Millennium City.

"It will be impossible for a middle-class person to buy a house in Gurgaon. The only choice left for people is to shift to Daruhera or Bhiwadi. However, within Gurgaon limits, one can book a flat in the new sectors between Sector 81 and Sector 110," said Anckur Srivasttava, chairperson of GenReal Property Advisers.

"These are located along the northern peripheral road. Flats are still available at Rs2,500 to Rs2,600 per square foot, which is affordable," said Srivasttava.

Why prices rise?
    The unreasonably high property prices are due to multiple reasons. Gurgaon is close to the international airport, there is a large concentration of BPOs, IT and ITeS companies as well as big multinationals.

High-earning people who work in Gurgaon prefer to buy houses here, which have led to demand overtaking supply manifold in the last few years.

Developers in Gurgaon are also mandated to maintain a density of 300 persons per acre, which is why barely 60 dwelling units can only be constructed on an acre.

However, in Noida and Greater Noida, the capacity is 660 persons per acre, thus increasing the scope of affordable housing. Another significant reason is high cost of raw material and land. To develop a township in Gurgaon, developers acquire land from landowners, who in turn often sell at inflated prices.

"Farmers who live closer to the city are aware of the market rate of precious land. It is hard for developers to convince them to sell at affordable prices," said Srivasttava.

Beyond Gurgaon
    With no option left other than the Rs50 to Rs60 lakh houses in Gurgaon, executives are moving away from the main city.

Amit Sahni, a 33-year-old executive from Patiala, who works with a market research company, said he can't find anything within his moderate budget of Rs50 in the heart of Gurgaon.

"The only option I have is to buy a 2 BHK house in the new sectors beyond Manesar, somewhere in Daruhera," added Sahni.

Another executive in his early 30s, Vineet Mohan, a telecom engineer, was ready to settle for an apartment in far-flung sectors such as Sector 55 and Sector 56. There a three BHK flat is available for not less than Rs80 lakh.

"But now I plan to buy a house in Noida," said Mohan, who is currently staying at a rented house in Sector 43.

House prices in city too high for comfort - Hindustan Times
    CommentQuote