Collapse

SPR Vs NH 8, Gurgaon

Last updated: November 17 2013
76 | Posts
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re : SPR Vs NH 8, Gurgaon

with due respect to everyone ... i dont think nh-8 projects would become same as SPR projects ... down the line ......

Practically travelling time is way way way higher to reach projects after toll than spr projects ......

And sohna road pe koi itna rush nahi lagta jitna nh-8 pe lagta hai !!!!!!

Practically go on any day any time to both these places .. u ll know the difference !!!

Comment

Ishan Bhai, when all the projects would be ready & inhabited on SPR & when NH8 widening is complete & all bottlenecks on the NH r removed ( including shifting of the Toll, if & when it happens ), u could see an situation, being talked about .

Look at the scenario, 4-5 years down the line .
      Please read IREF rules | FAQ's

Comment

As per current situation I concur with what you are saying but keeping long term view of 5 years I think game will/can change.... Time will tell .. we can only do our due diligence..

Originally posted by ISHANb View Post
        with due respect to everyone ... i dont think nh-8 projects would become same as SPR projects ... down the line ......

Practically travelling time is way way way higher to reach projects after toll than spr projects ......

And sohna road pe koi itna rush nahi lagta jitna nh-8 pe lagta hai !!!!!!

Practically go on any day any time to both these places .. u ll know the difference !!!

Comment

Originally posted by MANOJa View Post
          Ishan Bhai, when all the projects would be ready & inhabited on SPR & when NH8 widening is complete & all bottlenecks on the NH r removed ( including shifting of the Toll, if & when it happens ), u could see an situation, being talked about .

Look at the scenario, 4-5 years down the line .

nh-8 widening getting complete - should get completed by that time frame ...

Bottlenecks getting removed - very uncertain ..isnt it ... for me bottlenecks getting removed would mean ... building underpasses at hero honda chowk and ambience toll ....

shifting of toll plaza --- very uncertain(highly doubtful) .. if it does shift , where will it shift ? any idea i mean which sector ?

Comment

Ambience Toll is common for both SPR & NH8 . So, the issue is the Kherki Daula toll plaza .

For the Kherki Daula toll plaza, see this ( there r several more such articles on the net, but no certainty on what would finally happen ) -

Police propose to remove toll plaza in Gurgaon - Hindustan Times

The hero Honda Chowk is an issue, which is still hanging fire -

Flyover plan for Hero Honda Chowk mess

Comment

Toll at Kheri Dhaula status

Originally posted by MANOJa View Post
              Ambience Toll is common for both SPR & NH8 . So, the issue is the Kherki Daula toll plaza .

For the Kherki Daula toll plaza, see this ( there r several more such articles on the net, but no certainty on what would finally happen ) -

Police propose to remove toll plaza in Gurgaon - Hindustan Times

The hero Honda Chowk is an issue, which is still hanging fire -

Flyover plan for Hero Honda Chowk mess
              Hi
              Greetings

I think best way is toFile RTI with MCG
              List of SPIOs and SAPIOs

Obviously it has to happen and no harm checking with the corporation..

Cheers

Comment

Since my office is in Gurgaon so i do commute very regularly on most of the roads in Gurgaon. And one thing i will surely say about NH8 is that its truly a lifeline for everyday commuting. The current sector roads are so bad that i prefer to commute on NH8 as much as possible.

Also one should not forget that upcoming SPR and NPR are only meant to link various sectors and ultimately connect to NH8. So any development on NH8 will always have a higher significance/importance as compared to SPR and NPR.

So as the traffic increases once new PR comes into existence i definitely believe that Kherki Daula toll will move and flyover at hero Honda chowk would definitely be constructed. When this would is happen is something which is unanswered.

Comment

Great insight Sunny... Appreciate it..

Originally posted by sunny9 View Post
                  Since my office is in Gurgaon so i do commute very regularly on most of the roads in Gurgaon. And one thing i will surely say about NH8 is that its truly a lifeline for everyday commuting. The current sector roads are so bad that i prefer to commute on NH8 as much as possible.

Also one should not forget that upcoming SPR and NPR are only meant to link various sectors and ultimately connect to NH8. So any development on NH8 will always have a higher significance/importance as compared to SPR and NPR.

So as the traffic increases once new PR comes into existence i definitely believe that Kherki Daula toll will move and flyover at hero Honda chowk would definitely be constructed. When this would is happen is something which is unanswered.

Comment

Great comment & very well put .

Originally posted by sunny9 View Post

Comment

Hi Guys,

One must not forget the fact that NH-8 is the busiest highway

I being frequent traveller to Rajesthan knows the condition coming from mansar side after 9 pm when no entry opens & similarly in the morning before 8 am

Hero Honda is another blockage

Till hero handa chowk traffic will always by problem

I think the condition will remain same even if toll goes ahead

At SPR you have more escape route where as at NH-8 you will have no option but to be on highway .........

Moreover, we need to keep in mind the speed in which the basic infrastructure of Gurgaon is improving... & has improved

These are just views......

Comment

Have any questions or thoughts about this?
                      Working...
                      X