Hey Friends,

I have seen lot of posts regarding Locational Advantage of SPR over NH8 but while studying the NH8 projects and SPR the more I look into it I am finding to the contrary :-

- NH8 prjects have locational advantage as one have to drive through NH8 instead facing jams like in sohna road or other divergence.Although it will 5 minutes more drive but One may reach early to NH8 80+ sectors because of less traffic/better infrastructure in comparison to sohna road /other divergence.
- 80+ sectors will have more locational advantage being near to Dwarka through Dway , near to Manesar which have lot industry , Very close to future Reliance SEZ (If it becomes operational will change the location dynamics) and many IT parks on NH8 or near by roads.

WHEREAS

- If one has to go to SPR he/she has to zip through sohna road/other divergence which I found to be hugely crowded when last in january I visited that area.
-Advantage in SPR is that it is close to Sohna road as many properties are almost ready and livable but still lot has to be done in terms of infrastructure same like NH8 and frankly many projects are in same stage as projects at NH8 .

Guys need to know your views . As per my understanding NH8 will be much better location if we take time frame of 5 years..
Read more
76 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • All these facilities/infra would be 10 minutes drive from many NH8 properties ( especially, Sector 76,77,78, 83 ) in the years to come .

Originally Posted by amit001
    If people think that the kind of infra - schools, malls, office space, established residential community which is there in main Gurgaon can be created in new gurgaon in 4-5 years. I would say you are dreaming.
    CommentQuote
  • Nice article...

It will be interesting to have your special comment on this article..... Manoj boss
    CommentQuote
  • NH 8 not going to change. Because of truck traffic r coming form jaipur
    widen NH 8 OR remove toll plaza r not a solutions.

After hero honda chowk NH 8 have very bad traffic because in that point 8 lane road converted to 6 lane....
    thats way traffic is so bad... after toll plaza 4 lane going to 6 lane not going to give any relief ...

So SPR always better than NH 8 because these sector are well connected to every where NH8, Sona Road, Inner Gurgaon sectors
    Also good running facilities like school & hospitals etc...
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by subkashyap
    NH 8 not going to change. Because of truck traffic r coming form jaipur
    widen NH 8 OR remove toll plaza r not a solutions.

After hero honda chowk NH 8 have very bad traffic because in that point 8 lane road converted to 6 lane....
    thats way traffic is so bad... after toll plaza 4 lane going to 6 lane not going to give any relief ...

So SPR always better than NH 8 because these sector are well connected to every where NH8, Sona Road, Inner Gurgaon sectors
    Also good running facilities like school & hospitals etc...

Hi,

Plesae take a note that truck (i.e. Goods Vehicle) traffic from Jaipur is going to reduce bcoz of dispersal through KMP Expressway on both directions Kundli (NH 1) and Palwal (NH 2). Anyway Hero Honda chowk has to be grade separated in coming time. I think it is in the process ...

Cheers
    CommentQuote
  • Great discussion guys.. and wonderful arguments FOR and AGAINST .... Some days back I read a news that Govt was intending to tax properties on Highways more since they think those properties have privelege of Highways.. so something is there to be located on Highway .. not sure whether that suggestion was implemented or not though...

Regarding traffic .. please keep in mind KMP expressway is also going to be done by that time which will offload lot of traffice from ggn portion of NH8..
    CommentQuote
  • i feel only vatika city has the potential ofbeing inhabitated within a span of 5 yrs on nh-8 as it is a complete township , which will have its own in house amenities , whereas all the rest standalone apartment projects would not fair that well in the long run !!

Practically speaking with the whole present situation , even if you talk about long run , one can see the gc ex and spr projects priced at 5k-6k touching 8-9 k in 5 yrs easily , but one cannot see nh-8 projects at 4k touching beyond 6 k even in 5 yrs . keeping in mind 8-9k figure is being very conservative and 6 k figure for nh-8 too ambitious!!

The travel time is huge !!!
    CommentQuote
  • Good point Prakash.. Lets say user entered a property at 5000 in GCex and his property is 9,000 in 5 years so his ROI would be around 80 % and I am sure you agree with me that it is not easy to offload properties at this price..

Whereas
    In case of NH8 lets say user enter at 3500 /- and his property is 6000/- in 5 years then his ROI would be around 70% and it would be much easier to offload the property...

Although I firmly believe there will not be that much of price differential in properties of both locations once all the projects are ready and infrastructure keeps pace as promised.... (Practically travel time will be same for both locations if all bottlenecks are removed and it will be pleasure to drive on highway then sector roads. NHAI is more proactive in maintaining it's road vis a vis huda )

Originally Posted by prakash1
    i feel only vatika city has the potential ofbeing inhabitated within a span of 5 yrs on nh-8 as it is a complete township , which will have its own in house amenities , whereas all the rest standalone apartment projects would not fair that well in the long run !!

Practically speaking with the whole present situation , even if you talk about long run , one can see the gc ex and spr projects priced at 5k-6k touching 8-9 k in 5 yrs easily , but one cannot see nh-8 projects at 4k touching beyond 6 k even in 5 yrs . keeping in mind 8-9k figure is being very conservative and 6 k figure for nh-8 too ambitious!!

The travel time is huge !!!
    CommentQuote
  • Its just the matter of time Prakash, i had invested in Palm Gardens-83 a month back at 4000 psf. Last week my friend wanted to invest in the same project and only decent options he got was in new tower launched at 4500 psf. Post this they have 2 towers left which i heard from the official will be launched at even more higher price.

If the trend continues i can see prices reaching 5000 psf in next 10-12 months pretty easily.
    CommentQuote
  • New launch prices from builder and actual price in re-sale are two differnt things. You might not be able to sell yours at 4200 in re-sale just because builder also give lot of discounts to brokers/customers on their price.

Originally Posted by sunny9
    Its just the matter of time Prakash, i had invested in Palm Gardens-83 a month back at 4000 psf. Last week my friend wanted to invest in the same project and only decent options he got was in new tower launched at 4500 psf. Post this they have 2 towers left which i heard from the official will be launched at even more higher price.

If the trend continues i can see prices reaching 5000 psf in next 10-12 months pretty easily.
    CommentQuote
  • Rightly said but nevertheless builder price setting/revision do set the resale expectations/trends for sellers... Although it is totally different thing whether one is able to get buyer for his/her property....

And resale market gets activated for a project once builder has sold off most of it's inventory/phase....

Originally Posted by djvjain
    New launch prices from builder and actual price in re-sale are two differnt things. You might not be able to sell yours at 4200 in re-sale just because builder also give lot of discounts to brokers/customers on their price.
    CommentQuote
  • That is true, but one of the most important criteria for good re-sale price is the healthy construction activity on the site. Nothing would increase if there is no construction. Builder usually launch second phase/round of units about 10-15% higher than the first one. It could be good if the response is good in the first one.

Originally Posted by manu813
    Rightly said but nevertheless builder price setting/revision do set the resale expectations/trends for sellers... Although it is totally different thing whether one is able to get buyer for his/her property....

And resale market gets activated for a project once builder has sold off most of it's inventory/phase....
    CommentQuote
  • The discussion (and most others on the forum) reminds me of the book "The Argumentative Indian" by Amratya Sen :bab (45)::bab (45):

After reading the valued posts i figure 3 different lines of discussion...

1 Travel Time
    2.ROI
    3.Infra/faclities

Now my take is
    Travel Time- ( repeating) SPR will have better/quicker connectivity from existing/developed gurgaon.. NH8 projects can have faster approach from Delhi.... eventually over time this differention will fade when all projects are up and running... ( how many ppl now think of distance when travlling from MG rd/dlf 2 to 56/GCX/sohna)

2. ROI- will vary from project to project.. my take both areas will offer ROI broadly( with a bias towards SPR) but the ease of exit might be more on NH8( again project specific)

3. SPR will be better than NH8 in terms of livibility over next 4-5 years... what happens later is hypothitical at present... will have to wait for actual ground development...

I have been staying in GGN for about 10 yrs and my views are based on what i have seen over these years:)
    CommentQuote
  • Hahahaaa.. I am not going to put in my thoughts/arguments any more.. dnt know what all other books you will quote.. lol.. :bab (16)::)
    Originally Posted by AmitMM
    The discussion (and most others on the forum) reminds me of the book "The Argumentative Indian" by Amratya Sen :bab (45)::bab (45):

After reading the valued posts i figure 3 different lines of discussion...

1 Travel Time
    2.ROI
    3.Infra/faclities

Now my take is
    Travel Time- ( repeating) SPR will have better/quicker connectivity from existing/developed gurgaon.. NH8 projects can have faster approach from Delhi.... eventually over time this differention will fade when all projects are up and running... ( how many ppl now think of distance when travlling from MG rd/dlf 2 to 56/GCX/sohna)

2. ROI- will vary from project to project.. my take both areas will offer ROI broadly( with a bias towards SPR) but the ease of exit might be more on NH8( again project specific)

3. SPR will be better than NH8 in terms of livibility over next 4-5 years... what happens later is hypothitical at present... will have to wait for actual ground development...

I have been staying in GGN for about 10 yrs and my views are based on what i have seen over these years:)
    CommentQuote
  • hey manu it is a positive comment... its a great book which shows how we indians fare better...just that the title is such!!!!!

and the discussions here have a lot of substance...( thats why we stick here:):))

Originally Posted by manu813
    Hahahaaa.. I am not going to put in my thoughts/arguments any more.. dnt know what all other books you will quote.. lol.. :bab (16)::)
    CommentQuote
  • thank god :) :bab (4): .... the very purpose this website I guess was named as Indian Real Estate Forum because it was intended for discussions which will lead to some kind of arguments ...
    Otherwise they would have named it Indian Real Estate BLOG jismein ek bhai apne vichaar likhta aur baaki bhai Wah-2 karte ...:bab (42):

Originally Posted by AmitMM
    hey manu it is a positive comment... its a great book which shows how we indians fare better...just that the title is such!!!!!

and the discussions here have a lot of substance...( thats why we stick here:):))
    CommentQuote